Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood (28883 Views)

Egor Efiok Shades Toke Makinwa Over Her Plastic Surgery Ass And Bleaching / Egor Efiok To Lose Her House In UK / Mr Taxi Owners Vs Jim Iyke: Egor Efiok Urges Nigerians To Boycott App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2018
Nigerian film maker, Egor Efiok has reacted to a comment credited to her colleague, Kunle Afolayan on not watching Nollywood movies.

Kunle Afolayan in the interview, said he hardly watch Nollywood movies because he’s keen on watching movies that will challenge him and change his orientation about certain things.

“…Truth be told, I hardly watch them because I am keen on watching movies that will challenge me and change my orientation about certain things. My children watch them a lot and that does not make them speak bad English.”

However reacting to the above comment, Egor Efiok who described Kunle Afolayan as a known egomaniac, also accused of him of always trying to cause disunity in Nollywood for reasons best known to him. Egor Efiok wrote

https://lailasnews.com/you-keep-trying-to-cause-disunity-in-nollywood-egor-efiok-slams-kunle-afolayan/

13 Likes

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Olalan(m): 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2018
A bit of arrogance on Kunle's part........
BTW a wise man knows that not all things are said in public so also some opinions should be kept private

139 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Tamarapetty(f): 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ok, next news

1 Like

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by flexyrule(m): 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2018
A Nollywood producer who doesn't watch Nollywood movies because they don't motivate him.

Those that produce the movies that motivate and challenge you, what are they watching? Movies produced by Aliens I guess.

108 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by elgramz: 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2018
I do remember when he tried to turn Yoruba and Igbo filmmakers against each other but thank God they were too smart and didn't give him the chance to succeed with his evil agenda

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Richdad50(m): 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
Dear @Boy Kunle,
Why? A devisive man with little or no honour.
Listen! The strenght of a Man is not measured by how many dying men he can kill by words or fist, but, by how much he can withstand physical/intellectual pressure, attack from both his equals and superiors.

11 Likes

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by jonadaft: 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ugly girls too like to dey prove senseless points

Very frustrated sets of people angry

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by trendymarseey(f): 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
Despising humble beginnings. ..hmmmmn.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by roladex(f): 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ok
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Tflex01: 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
I agree with her though.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by coluka: 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
Pride goes before a fall

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Awoo88: 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
Pride go kill this kunle eventually.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by thinkdip(m): 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
No ego here, the guy is challenging the system that prides itself in making below par movies, good that Nollywood made him, he can't remain the typical nollywood style, hence, we'll cry he has made no difference so far. As far as I'm concerned I will prefere to watch kunle Afolayan's movie once in a year than watch our Nollywood crap filled with Olosho everyday.

You guys should be humble enough and learn from his style of making movies, maybe from there we would have some good movies around.

Not all this noise and noisemking movies

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Shortyy(f): 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
Why would he say he doesn't watch nollywood movies when he's a director of nollywood movies? Abi na Hollywood im dey direct ni?

Mr Kunle or whatever, for your information, I don't watch your movies either! Oversabi kill you there. Anu mpama.

You're a business man criticizing other people's business. Mtcheeeeew

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by tribalistseun: 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
Afonja will always be afonja.

Bomboclat

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by carammel(f): 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
I cannot say Nollywood made him though. Kunle hardly acts in just any movie,it is not pride but class.
Genevieve would never feature in just any movie right now and I am very sure she doesn't see them either.
Baring out your mind isn't a bad thing. lipsrsealed

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Mowoe(m): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
Excuse me madam, I believe He rightly said "Regular Nigerian movies".

Truth be told those "regular nigerian movies" lack everything a movie needs to be worth watching, tell yourself the truth; terrible storylines, terrible vocabs and a host of other 'terribles'. Don't blame the man.

Those are the ones I call 'Asaba Film'.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by beautyhd: 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
Kunle, you should have known that some things are better left unsaid to avoid stories that touch.

You don't watch Nollywood but you expect people to watch them. You better port to Hollywood.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by domopps(m): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
He has right to his personal opinion now ...

Cheers

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by yvelchstores(f): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
In his defense, I don't think he meant it that way tho. Just like saying I don't drink pure water, doesn't mean pure water drinkers are lower. Just my thoughts tho

11 Likes

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Mccullum: 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2018
Expressing his mind on Nollywood is not offensive to any one but some confusionist will always read meaning to another person actions.

9 Likes

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Zuorom: 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2018
He doesn't watch nollywood movies? The ones he is producing, are they not nollywood movies

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by OduntanGabriel(m): 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2018
I love nollywood movie, even when they do throwbacks of 16 years ago and someone passing bye wears new 2018 world cup Jersey... I still love nollywood

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
Shortyy:
Why would he say he doesn't watch nollywood movies when he's a director of nollywood movies? Abi na Hollywood im dey direct ni?

Mr Kunle or whatever, for your information, I don't watch movies either! Oversabi kill you there. Anu mpama.

...Nollywood...

3 Likes

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by samista: 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
Very silly of him, this kunle afolayan doesn't have sense at all, always talking anyhow. That's how him and his brother came out to wash their families dirty linens in public few months back. Old people behaving like a kids that lack home training

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by luminouz(m): 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ayam not understanding!!!!!

BTW..ion watch Nollywood...I'm Alien...some Hollywood movies are bit interesting, especially the Sci-fi,dou in reality,they are foetuses in advancement,compared to the Zico-reality fuelled tech of my homeworld!!!

*Sighs*
I miss Kantol...the planet of love and dreams!!
Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by NoToPile: 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
A lot of Nigerians don't watch nollywood movies.

4 Likes

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by Adetaiwoo: 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
Alejoc:
He acts like he is too big for the system that made him grin

Before Nollywood there was movie industry in Nigeria and his dad and people like Hubert Ogunde were the backbone of the industry.

9 Likes

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by luminouz(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
Shortyy:

Mr Kunle or whatever, for your information, I don't watch movies either! Oversabi kill you there. Anu mpama.

Ur temper-fuelled tantrums are as liliputian as ur moniker...
Calm down, will u?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by tribalistseun: 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
Adetaiwoo:

Before Nollywood there was movie industry in Nigeria and his dad and people like Hubert Ogunde were the backbone of the industry.
and what did his dad achieve for Nigeria?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egor Efiok Blasts Kunle Afolayan: You Keep Trying To Cause Disunity In Nollywood by TundeBricklayer: 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
grin grin
Coneheads are known for hating Igbos tongue tongue

23 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daniel K. Daniel And Tina's White Wedding Photos / Frodd: Esther And I Are Just Friends, No Love Interest Between Us / Between Seyi Law And Observant Follower On Tribute To Tosyn Bucknor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.