Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,376 members, 7,800,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

FG Appoints Obi Adigwe As DG NIPRD - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appoints Obi Adigwe As DG NIPRD (16959 Views)

FG Appoints Adepoju Carol Wura-Ola Acting Comptroller-General Of Immigration / FG Appoints Jega, Udoma, Emenike, Others As Governing Council Chairs / FG Appoints Chief Emeka Ngige, SAN, As Chairman, Council Of Legal Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Appoints Obi Adigwe As DG NIPRD by nwatthu(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2018
bcs interview was conducted
princekalani:
What happened?No fulani?

1 Like

Re: FG Appoints Obi Adigwe As DG NIPRD by kaey10(m): 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2018
misterme:
Honourable Minister, Professor Isaac Adewole (FAS)

Corruption in the Process of Appointing the New Director General of National Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Development - Dr. OBI PETER ADIGWE.

Recently, the Ministry of Health conducted a Kangaroo Interview to select the Director General of NIPRD. Twelve Professors of Pharmacy and a Doctor of Public Health attended an Interview at the Federal Ministry of Health, Federal Secretariat. All the Professors have over 50 published research papers and over 15 years of research and administration experience each while the non- Professor has 4 papers and no research experience. Four of the candidates were past Deans of Faculty of Pharmacy and one is the Acting DG of NIPRD.

The Interview was conducted by non-PhD officials - Director of Human Resource, Director of Foods and Drugs, and 3 Special Assistants to the two Ministers and Permanent Secretary. They did not know anything about pharmaceutical research and asked no question on the objectives of NIPRD and how to attract funds to the Institute.

To the surprise of the candidates no results have been announced and now the Minister of State for Health has given a letter of appointment to the least qualified candidate (Dr. OBI PETER ADIGWE) as the Director General of NIPRD. It is alleged that Dr ADIGWE is the boyfriend of a relation to the Minister of State. If this is true, it is nothing but pure CORRUPTION which the present Administration of President Mohammed Buhari is fighting.

I believe the issue of appointment of new DG for NIPRD had not passed through the office of SGF and Presidency. This appointment was executed when Mr. President was in London.

A novice like Dr. OBI PETERs ADIGWE does not have the capacity to lead an Institute like NIPRD. The qualifications of candidate as in the advertisement for the position of NIPRD DG reads: (I) Must hold PhD or equivalent degree in one of the recognized specialities of the PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES (Public Health is NOT one of such specialities) and (ii) have held a senior scientific and management positions, and made distinguished contributions to the Pharmaceutical Sciences through research and publications (4 publications are not). If in doubt, please request the CV of this Candidate and compare it that of the Acting DG (Professor Kunle) or any of the candidates.

This individual is not qualified to be the DG of NIPRD. His appointment will destroy the already mediocre image of NIPRD.
Please save pharmaceutical research in Nigeria and recall this appointment. The whole exercise should properly be conducted by reputed Professors and accomplished members of the Pharmaceutical Industries.

Sir, your reputation and that of the Ministry of Health will be tarnished by this appointment and may lead to possible litigation.

Thank you

Professor Isa Marte Hussaini

CC
SGF
Chief of Staff of Mr President
President of PSN
No one would have said it better...kudos to you
I did my siwes at Niprd, in mpr&tm and i must say no one deserves the job better than prof kunle.
Re: FG Appoints Obi Adigwe As DG NIPRD by GuntersChain(m): 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
You are just there marking time till they get a northerner to replace you.
Re: FG Appoints Obi Adigwe As DG NIPRD by GetCofOProperty: 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
Congratulations to Obi Adigwe.
Re: FG Appoints Obi Adigwe As DG NIPRD by KingRagnar: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2018
Tomorrow, they will say, PMB is nepotistic yet an igbo man is now DG of NIPRD.
Re: FG Appoints Obi Adigwe As DG NIPRD by Grayxme: 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2018
And some persons will still say the President is being nepotistic and tribalism. The President is concerned more on competency and ability to deliver and this is commendable
Re: FG Appoints Obi Adigwe As DG NIPRD by Eluwilussit(m): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Check what one JTU Aguyi Ironsi did as soon as he had opportunity.

I thought you were talking about GEJ and PDP? I hope you watched the video interview of Ahmadu Bello, as well. I don't know what Ironsi did after take over, but I will do some research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

May 29: Governors, Senators Gang Up Against Magu / Vote Wole Soyinka's Face For 5000 Naira Note Currency ! / Children Mount Roadblock On Bauchi-Jos Road To Protest Eviction By Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.