Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,910 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter (9714 Views)

Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) / Lagos State List Of Books For Jsss3 Literature (bece) / Speed Reading Techniques: How To Read Faster And Comprehend Better (in 60 Min.) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by luvlyoracle(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2020
Nice.
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 11:33pm On Oct 15, 2020
The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook __Wlliam James

2 Likes

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 11:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
Think, act , talk and conduct yourself like the person you want to become
__ James C. Maxwell in Making Today Count

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 11:42pm On Oct 15, 2020
The secret of success is hidden in your daily agenda.

Success is not accidental, it comes from a daily discipline and how you trade your Earth's only currency - Time

__James C Maxwell in Making Today Count

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2020
In the end only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you. ” ― Anonymous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2020
“ I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think. ” ― Rumi

2 Likes

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by Konquest: 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2021
HARDDON:
An awesome Sunday to all you!

This was first posted on my Dating Drills' thread (https://www.nairaland.com/2893475/dating-drills-guys-only/207#71255541 ) as a privileged info to those who follow me therein but staying true to my life's goal of moulding minds , empowering lives and bringing glory to God therewith, I decided to create a special thread for it here.

Hopefully, this would distroy the faulty foundation we had about books, inculcate the culture of books into all minds, librates you all from the African mentality of not appreciating the beauty of books and open your minds' eyes to the power/fun/wealth/wisdom and eternal grace books bring.

For he is immortal that ravel in the aura of books.... Don.

We would discuss
1. The benefits of Books
2. Unravel why Africans don't like books
3. And then recommend some timeless books that can make reading fun, remove the laborious airs associated with books , improve your reading , assimilation and retention speed thereby making you well rounded and grounded

READING IS REALLY FUN!

BENEFITS OF READING

1. It makes you stand out in your chosen field or in life generally. You become an authority/consultant in your world. Men seek to hear you speak like Solomon, wisdom drips off your lips as hearts get elated, minds challenged and lifted, life impacted and destinies remolded

2. You Become creative with mountain of ideas to draw from as John C. Maxwell, in How successful people think, puts it.
creativity is nothing but the aggregation of knowledge that helps you postulate a new wine or improve on an existing one( Don)

3. Reading keeps you young because it exercises the mind.
To grow muscles, we hit the gym but to grow our mental muscles, we must read books! As you read, you feed the mind which in turn keeps you young.

He is old, no matter how young, that takes no pleasure in the blessed worlds of books ( Don)

4. Books help you to proffer solutions to the numerous challenges of life as they pop up. Knowledge does not exist in space. Even science fiction draws inspiration from reality. And what was science fiction yesterday, quickly transforms into reality today! To think outside the box, you must know what the box contains first. The only way to do that? Well you already know.

5. It makes you a Leader. A leader is not one that ocupies an office, a leader is one who has answers to the WHY Question while every other person is battling with the HOW question.
Readers are Leaders in all sphere of human endeavours.
They are able to see into the future and guide men into it gallantly. They are always one step ahead of the game.

6. Books are the best ways to tap into and rob minds with men you might never meet. Understand their ways and sharpen your blades.

7. They make an author out of you whether you were born for it or not. Blessed with a sonorous gift of the gab, you can't but dazzled in glitz and glamour.

8. Excel in life: you tend to Ace all the lil huddles education throws your way.

9. Win friends, influence people and have a very Broad picture of the world.

10. You become transgenerational like Daniel in the Bible that served in 4 regimes.. " I Daniel understood by the books... "

These are the core benefits of books.
Word!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by Cardiojosh(m): 8:58am On Jan 08, 2022
N
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by HARDDON: 1:58am On Jan 28, 2022
"Life is not meant to be easy, my child; but take courage: it can be delightful. ” ― George Bernard Shaw

1 Like

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by Dranoid: 3:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
Harddon,
I don't know when you'll see this, first and foremost thanks for everything you do. I started these books series in order and i'm on Norman lewis'
book, but i cant proceed because i dont have a flashmeter card, how did you do that Session while you were reading the book?
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by lookyzy: 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
HARDDON:
Luckily, I gained this insight a long time ago while I was in High School. And boy! How grateful I am!

I'm not an English master, so I cannot teach you.... The only thing I can do for you, is recommend good books that have helped me in this reading journey. Hopefully, after today, someone's academic and general reading life would spiral to the high heavens.

The list of book, in that particular order, I would recommend are:

1. How to read better and faster by Norman Lewis
2. How to study by Ron Fry
3. How to develop a perfect memory by Dominic O'Brien
4. Power up your mind by Bill Lucas
5. Power of your Subconscious mind by Joseph Morphy

Start with the first one, make sure you take all the activities. You would be glad you did! Call it my Sunday blessing to you!

Wise readers read with these three core goals : blazing reading speed, assimilation and retention

Why waste 3hours, with scraggy assimilation, on a book you can use 30mins to cover and understand even better?

SENSE PILL:
READING IS SO MUCH FUN WHEN YOU READ THE RIGHT WAY

Rich Regards
Don
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by LogicBomb8: 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
HARDDON:
IMPOSSIBILITY IS Nothing but the wish of the human mind, rather, not to think. Not to dabble into the unknown and shake the reality of change!
.....Quite Quill Quotes( Don)

Impossible was, once upon a time,
1. Heavier-than-air flight
2. Space flight
3. Harnessing nuclear energy
4. Warm superconductors
5. Black holes
6. Creating force fields
7. Invisibility
8. Teleportation
9.Meteorites come from space
10. Analysing stars

Today, they have all been achieved.

Impossible is nothing...
invisibility and teleportation?
How please enlighten me

1 Like

Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by 7thgeneration: 10:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
LogicBomb8:
invisibility and teleportation?
How please enlighten me

Invisibility.......stealth tech.
Lightwave.....full invisibility is not possible yet maybe in the future. And about teleportation, hmm I think is science fiction or so. Maybe a physicist might explain it better in the quantum theory stuff
Re: Acts Of Books: How To Read Faster, Assimilate Better And Retain Smarter by thedio(m): 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2023
FreeSpirited:
I stumbled on this by chance. Thank you for the book list. I just downloaded all 5 books now. I've always wanted to increase my reading speed so as to devour more books in real time. I'm a poor reader, though has inordinate fancy for book and knowledge. Thanks.
Kindly share the link

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar / Admission! Admission!!admission!!! Directly Into The University Without Jamb / Difference Between Rusticated And Expelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.