Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,921 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update (964 Views)

Edo 2020 Governorship Election Debate On Channels TV: PDP Vs APC / Osun Governorship Rerun Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2018
Five governorship aspirants which include Fatai Akinbade, African Democratic Congress (ADC); Moshood Adeoti, Action Democratic Party (ADP); Gboyega Oyetola, All Progressives Congress (APC); and Iyiola Omisore of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) are currently be debating tonight.

Ademola Adeleke, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is absent

Below is a summary of the profile of each of the aspirants:

The ADP aspirant, Akinbade, is a former Secretary to the Osun State Government. He was also a former Commissioner and former Chairman of the PDP. Akinbade contested the 2014 governorship election won by the incumbent, Governor Rauf Aregbesola under the banner of Labour Party (LP), after his inability to secure PDP’s ticket. He returned to the PDP recently to vie for the party ticket but lost to Senator Ademola Adeleke, who polled the total votes of 1569, while Akinbade got 53 votes.

Adeoti recently resigned from the ruling APC and immediately crossed over to the ADP where he partook in the primary and emerged as the party’s candidate. He also resigned as the Secretary to the Osun State Government (SSG). Adeoti dumped the APC shortly after the APC primary. He claimed that the leadership of the party, at both the state and national levels, manipulated the primary to favour a preferred candidate.

Isiaka Gboyega Oyetola, is also a former Chief of Staff to Governor Of Osun State government under Rauf Aregbesola. He emerged winner of the party’s first-ever direct primary by polling 127, 017 votes to beat Yusuff Lasun, Deputy Speaker of the House of representatives, who recorded 21, 975 votes.

Ademola Adeleke of the PDP is a serving Senator representing Osun-west senatorial district of Osun State. He won a bye-election to occupy the position of his brother late brother, Senator Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke, who was previously the Senator representing Osun-west.

Senator Iyiola Omisore of the SDP is a former Deputy Governor of Osun State. He polled 123,485 votes to win the party’s governorship ticket after beating his two other contenders Yemisi Oladeji, 1,802 votes; and Munrudeen Atanda, 1,637 votes.

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/09/16/all-set-for-channels-tv-osundebate/

lalasticlala
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ademola Adeleke of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is absent
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2018
Channels Television

@ channelstv 7m

Governance at this point is not business as usual. It requires experience, accountability, and the will to rule the people. - Iyiola Omisore, SDP Candidate.
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by Alejoc(m): 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2018
Buhari should come and learn grin
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2018
Channels Television
@ channelstv 18m
My goal is to bring development and good governance to Osun State. - Moshood Adeoti - ADP Candidate.
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by Homeboiy: 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2018
I see
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2018
Issue of zoning currently being discussed
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2018
dejt4u:
Issue of zoning currently being discussed
Interesting debate live on channels TV, OSBC and Rave FM
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by btaliat(m): 7:56pm On Sep 16, 2018
To b frank, with their responses so far. Iyiola tried, followed by oyetola...the other two are just....lemme close my mouth
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2018
Alh OYETOLA insisted that he was not imposed
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
btaliat:
To b frank, with their responses so far. Iyiola tried, followed by oyetola...the other two are just....lemme close my mouth
omisore is hot today. I like his responses. Oyetola is calm. I like his calmness too
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2018
Presently on economy
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by btaliat(m): 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
dejt4u:
omisore is hot today. I like his responses. Oyetola is calm. I like his calmness too
I don't believe he is calmed..just that he didn't have apt answers to some issues. Especially in the case of zoning and continuity
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
Channels Television

My movement from one party to the other should tell you how passionate and purpose-driven I am. - Fatai Akingbade, ADC Candidate. #OsunDebate
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by gbigbega: 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
Its disappointing to see that Sen. Adeleke of PDP did not show up. Its annoying when our political representatives think they don't own the people a debate. And I like the guy o, but I am disappointed at this.
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by dejt4u(m): 8:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
gbigbega:
Its disappointing to see that Sen. Adeleke of PDP did not show up. Its annoying when our political representatives think they don't own the people a debate. And I like the guy o, but I am disappointed at this.
I'm so disappointed him
Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by kolafolabi(m): 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
This is not a disco party.. You won't see the dancing senator.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Governorship Election Debate 2018 - Live Update by Mynd44: 8:43pm On Sep 16, 2018

(1)

Osun 2018: I Will Surely Dance To The Government House – Sen. Adeleke / Osun Rerun Election: APC Wins In 6 Units, As PDP Kicks [see Results] / Zainab Ahmed: MTN Sanctions Were Very Damaging For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.