Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,318 members, 7,780,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:07 PM

Risks Of A Accounting Career - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Risks Of A Accounting Career (9059 Views)

Start Accounting Career / Why Financial Modelling Skills Will Be A Big Door Opener For Accounting Career / If You Don't Take Risks, You're Going Nowhere!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by ItzNas(m): 9:32am On Sep 18, 2018
First of all, this post wasn't written with a Nigerian perspective in mind. Probably American, because the laws and salaries quoted doesn't apply here.

Secondly, I am an Accountant and I have found it rewarding so far, though am yet to be Chartered.

Even an hospital needs an Accountant for better financial management and sound financial record keeping.

Its a very marketable course, though the competition is high. However, I would advice one to acquire knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and some accounting softwares like Quickbooks and SAGE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by akeentech(m): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2018
Cocao:

sad angry
you
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by MAJORBANKZ(m): 10:42am On Sep 18, 2018
ymdo:
Eden or Thorgan? cool
both
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by Wisdomhood: 10:52am On Sep 18, 2018
am an accountant! am happy I studied it! ACCOUNTING is part of life! I am yet to see an aspect of life that does not need accounting or you giving account!!

As an accountant, there is no limit to where you can work!! you can work in any field!!!

2 Likes

Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by Bakare19: 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2018
dahmie2013:
The evolutn of Accounting softwares, especially ERPs have reduced d value of d profession. I won't even encourage anyone 2 study it.
Accounting software won't run itself na. The profession will still remain to be relevant.
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
There is a chance accountants will loose their jobs to AI technologies.... time to shift people.
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by efetimor(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
qanda:
Following. Everyone and businesses need a form of accounting. It's a very relevant career. It's worth the effort getting certified.

Download ACCA and ICAN study materials, Past Questions and Answers for FREE on Q and A App.
Download Q and A App from Google Playstore

please do you have any link to CIS study packs?
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by Abdul4trust1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2018
majekdom2:
There is a chance accountants will loose their jobs to AI technologies.... time to shift people.
you Have Narrow Knowledge Of Accounting.
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2018
Abdul4trust1:
you Have Narrow Knowledge Of Accounting.
the problem with many is this resistance to change. The Big four know this. AI will disrupt this profession. Adapt or die!!
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:30pm On Sep 18, 2018
majekdom2:
the problem with many is this resistance to change. The Big four know this. AI will disrupt this profession. Adapt or die!!
explain
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by DonroxyII: 4:50am On Sep 19, 2018
JustCare:
Bitter truth smiley
The rate people with that degree are finding the it useless is alarming. Although it's a very complex and terse field of study, but then again, other disciplines have overshadowed it.

Very unfortunate angry

I urge graduate of accountancy to explore IT courses, especially, coding with their knowledge of math. This will definitely turn around their fortunes!
Accounting is still one of the best and most versatile career in the world ... An Accountant is not threatened unless he failed to move with the world ..... In fact, Accounting is still that course that gives you faster prospects to Job and versatility in the world of Business ......

With Accounting, you can delve into any aspect of Business you so desire .......

Technology has revolutionised the world of accounting, So an average Accountant other than being Chartered, you must be able to relate with most Accounting packages and if you want to cap it all, be an Accounting package creator yourself .....
Accounting is deep and long, laws/standard changes every time, an Accountant must be dynamic and be ready to adjust to overly changing business environment ......

Some Accountants still don't know what IFRS is all about because they graduated pre introduction of IFRS so preparation of Finstatement is a problem ..... Most of All ....

As an Accountant, You MUST be CHARTERED , you must have an Association to keep you abreast of changes in accounting world .....

As far as there is the Business world, The will always be ACCOUNTING. Accounting will always be relevant because it is that field in business science/management science that respond adequately to business needs.... No stupid theory, no stupid laws .... Just business and professionalism ...

if IFRS become archaic , we innovate another standards ....

God bless IFAC and all the brains behind that body !!!

Proudly an Accountant !!

2 Likes

Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by Abdul4trust1(m): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2018
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 19, 2018
Abdul4trust1:
sorry, Accounting Packages Do Not Take Decisions But Accountant Does.
read my post very well. The AI technologies are there so you make better and quicker decisions.I said some jobs will be lost..... infact many of the jobs will be lost. adapt or die!!!!
Re: Risks Of A Accounting Career by Ayooola19: 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
I holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (3rd Class), I have 4 papers exemptions in ACCA Certification exams. How many ACCA exam papers do I need to pass to secure an entry level Accounting job.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyers And Law Students, Let's Meet Here. / The Importance Of Personal Development Goals / Why You Should Make Working Hard A Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.