Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? (293 Views)

"Water Baptism Is A Useless Practice" Says Pastor Abel Damina / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? by Mandyoluchi(m): 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
I recently gave my life to Jesus and since then I've earnestly desired to be baptized with the Holy ghost. So far, He is yet to come. I've read different books on what to do in order to receive the Holy ghost. So I want to know if water baptism precedes the indwelling of the Holy ghost. Pls help a brother.
Re: Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? by chiommy123(f): 9:51pm On Sep 16, 2018
Yes but is for people who have truely repented cos even after Christ baptism the holy spirit descended on him in form of a dove and a voice said this is my beloved son in whom iam well pleased
Re: Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? by Mandyoluchi(m): 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ok sister. Ndeewo. Imeela
Re: Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? by giles14(m): 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2018
chiommy123:
Yes but is for people who have truely repented cos even after Christ baptism the holy spirit descended on him in form of a dove and a voice said this is my beloved son in whom iam well pleased
�����������

you don't mean it
which voice

you be jesus
Re: Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? by chiommy123(f): 10:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
giles14:
�����������

you don't mean it
which voice

you be jesus
you don't read your Bible its obvious
Re: Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? by lacum: 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2018
please don't deceive yourself. water baptism is what you need and the Spirit will descend on you just like He did in the time of Jesus. Any other outpouring of the Spirit is a renewal of your baptism and not a new one.
Re: Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? by giles14(m): 10:49pm On Sep 16, 2018
chiommy123:
you don't read your Bible its obvious
hmmmmmmm okooooo
Re: Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? by Originakalokalo(m): 11:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
Baptism before the Holy Spirit is the procedure.

However, God can decide to work in any dimension he chooses.

Remember that people in the house of Cornelius spoke in tongues after hearing the gospel from Peter.

It was later that Peter baptized them.

2 Likes

Re: Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? by Originakalokalo(m): 11:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
LuciferCristi:
Yes, water baptism is important because the holy spirit is a chronic bed-wetter.

You have been noticed. Continue in your destruction.

I wish you repent and get converted.

Else, you are doomed already...

Ticktock, your time is ticking.

2 Likes

Re: Must There Be Water Baptism Before Receiving The Holy Spirit? by Mandyoluchi(m): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2018
[quote author=lacum post=71261429]please don't deceive yourself. water baptism is what you need and the Spirit will descend on you just like He did in the time of Jesus. Any other outpouring of the Spirit is a renewal of your baptism and not a newe. [
Thank brother

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/09/18 / Slanting: See Pastor Folu Adeboye's Statement About Marriage / Ah!!! This Man Claims He Is The HOLY SPIRIT and Nigeria reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.