Stats: 3,150,417 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

I'm Terribly Homesick ! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I'm Terribly Homesick ! (1422 Views)

Although Terribly 1st Permits Re-evaluate Their Parts That Is That This Answer O / TERRIBLY Mutilated Baby Undergoes Surgery To Stop Her Brain From Being Squashed / What Do You Do When You Are Terribly Broke? (2) (3) (4)

I'm Terribly Homesick ! by SweetT1: 12:58pm On Apr 04, 2007
I left nigeria very young and i had a very lovely experience and image of Nigeria on my mind. I don't care how bad the western world is trying to paint Nigeria, i still love her to death !!! I miss Ibadan so much and i'm really wrapping up my time in the here. Not neccessary to stay in Nigeria but somewhere closer that i can go to Nigeria anytime i want. I can always go to anywhere in the world whenever i want even without their stupid visas !!! No place like Nigeria, i miss peppersoup, iyan and egusi, rice and egusi, eran igbe e.t.c I need to start investing back home, NOW !!!!
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by uspry1(f): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2007
How long you been in Texas? You can start basic investing with small amount of money in your saving account in one or two year plan RIGHT NOW!!!

That way you can afford to buy your own housing property closer across the border of Nigeria where you can visit anytime and your own car. Also you need to re-polish your good excellent working experiences on your CV in order to impress your human resource recruiter to hire you on the new job down there.

May Lord be with you returning your motherland, Nigeria someday!!!
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by jgirl3: 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2007
Eyaaaaa me too except that i haven't started making my money yet. Left to me, I would go back and stay at home. This place don dey tire pesin
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by SweetT1: 9:52pm On Apr 04, 2007
@uspry
Been in Tx. for too long. I have about $15,000 to invest but i just want the elections to pass and see what direction Nigeria is heading. Nigerian politicians makes me sick! Bunch of heartless bastards. People are surfering and yet they refuse to do something except to line their own pockets.
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by Free(f): 11:14pm On Apr 04, 2007
wrong section grin grin
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by busygirl(f): 12:17am On Apr 05, 2007
@ Sweet T nd j-girl. PELE O, i dey feel you guys cry. As for me, i'm too young to think about going home, although i miss naija. I Wanna attain my degree first. Maybe, 4 my wedding, i'll be in naija.
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by OmoEko1(f): 1:13am On Apr 05, 2007
I feel your pain jare cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by ikamefa(f): 2:22am On Apr 05, 2007
me i miss Naija errday but i dot think i can live in that country again too much wahala, i miss the food , the way we dress, the music errthing
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by iice(f): 4:21am On Apr 05, 2007
ikamefa:

me i miss Naija errday but i dot think i can live in that country again too much wahala, i miss the food , the way we dress, the music errthing

Word!
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by maree7(f): 6:35am On Apr 05, 2007
I stay in Texas too, i miss 9ja so much that i tol ma mom i had to leave so i went for some months last year it was the best experience i had since 10 yrs, ma people, the food, the parties, i miss them all embarassed embarassed , well i still wanna go back, i really feel ur pain cry cry cry
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by cuteass1(f): 10:09am On Apr 05, 2007
Well let me join the chorus

i miss naija too cry cry cry cry but i'm not planning on going there to live, at least not just yet

maybe when i'm 50 or something, i'll start thinking about that grin

i miss a lot of things about naija though, like the food, the closeness, the fun, ooh lawd how could i forget the weather, the dressing, the church (these ones here are so boring that atimes it feels good to skip church embarassed ),

but i still think that if i were living in naija, i wouldn't appreciate all these things i'm listing now because of the saying you don't know what you have until you loose it

so for the mean time, visiting for vaccations will do, it makes it more appreciated and worthwhile. you don't want to miss a minute lol

@ busygirl you read my mind on the WEDDING stuff, i'll also like to go down to Nigeria when its time to walk down the isle, because thats where its happening wink
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by whitelexi(m): 10:48am On Apr 05, 2007
I miss the freedom!!! This place is too civilized grin
Freedom to piss in the bush. . . like NYSC days - bush runs grin grin grin
Freedom to shout and blast ur car horn
Freedom to drive in the left-side of the car and on the right side of the road
Freedom to kill fowl by yourself and not always buy deadbody
Freedom to drink water from a plate without 100 pairs of eyes looking at u like u r mad

[size=20pt]FREEDOM grin[/size]
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by cuteass1(f): 11:22am On Apr 05, 2007
whitelexi:

Freedom to shout and blast your car horn
Freedom to drink water from a plate without 100 pairs of eyes looking at u like you're mad

ROFLMAO . . that is soooo true grin grin
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by ikamefa(f): 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2007
whitelexi:

Freedom to shout and blast your car horn
Freedom to drink water from a plate without 100 pairs of eyes looking at u like you're mad

true word ma brova!  i miss when i go to the village even though there are perfectly working WC's the freedom of going into the bush to throw some short-puts  shocked tongue

or

waking up in the village in the mornin and chewing some  minty chewing sticks and spitting  out of the window  grin

or going to my gradpas' farm eating roasted grass-cutters with mountainous Eba!
those were the days cheesy

yes oh! FREEDOM  OH! [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by abstarr(m): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2007
funny smiley
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by SweetT1: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2007
@whitelexi
And freedom to drive on a one-way street and i miss the conductors shouting MOLETE-SANGO-ORITA !
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by Radiant(f): 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2007
Sweet T:

but i just want the elections to pass and see what direction Nigeria is heading,

grin grin grin grin grin Believe me, I doubt if it will be any better!

whitelexi:

U can't be serious grin grin grin
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by mimivicto(f): 11:23pm On Apr 05, 2007
Oh my God" Y'all taking me back to memory lane.
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by Radiant(f): 11:35pm On Apr 05, 2007
mimi victo:

Oh my God" Y'all taking me back to memory lane.

People!!! when did you leave Nigeria? grin grin grin
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by whiteroses(f): 12:33am On Apr 06, 2007
shoot i bet none of y'all miss nigeria like me, at least you all have black friends and daddy around but i only have boring white friends and i miss my dad and friends like crazy cry i don tire of this place, if my family in naija should watch my footage for a day they'll come and rescue me instantly, i miss home SOS somebody thief me away to naija lol [color=#990000][/color]
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by kob24: 12:35am On Apr 06, 2007
sure, let\'s go and spend a week or two.
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by alabiyemmy(m): 12:36am On Apr 06, 2007
lol - the people who dont have papers cant but say they cant live in Nigeria again - hahah. Funny people.
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by kob24: 12:38am On Apr 06, 2007
lololol hahahahaaaa
I mean, oh.
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by Radiant(f): 12:40am On Apr 06, 2007
alabiyemmy:

lol - the people who don't have papers can't but say they can't live in Nigeria again - hahah. Funny people.

Are you trying to tell us something? wink grin
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by ikamefa(f): 12:58am On Apr 06, 2007
he! he! prolly grin
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by alabiyemmy(m): 9:08am On Apr 06, 2007
Radiant:

Are you trying to tell us something? wink grin

Hey - your picture keep reminding me of the Saddam Hussein hanging.
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by suliyat416(f): 5:26am On Jun 14, 2007
i left in 99, i was just 7. i miss it so much. it's so hard to go from all that wealth and culture, my homeland and start all over. while i do miss it and want to go back, i don't think i can live there. too much wahlah cry cry cry cry undecided undecided angry angry
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by suliyat416(f): 5:28am On Jun 14, 2007
i miss ibadan and lagos so much. do you guys remember the Derovans hotel. that's in lagos or ibadan. i miss the parties, the music, the food, and most of all my Grandmother. she passed away and i miss her so much. i miss ramadan with her cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by ashewo(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2007
alabiyemmy:

Hey - your picture keep reminding me of the Saddam Hussein hanging.

@ alabiyemmy

No offence, but really , Your profie picture reminds me about saddams ahnging! Are you all related?! grin grin
Re: I'm Terribly Homesick ! by Mu(m): 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2007
Firstly,
Nostalgia is a liar.

Secondly,
Isn't that funny, some of you guys would like to comeback to do those very things which you will later attribute to this place being backward. Why would anyone want to come all the way to Nigeria to Shotput? Can't you find an out-house in America?

But you are always welcome to come and Visit,

Wanted (osisikankwu) / Some Old Nairaland Threads Who Remembers These People Lol! / Your Best Happy New Year Text Message

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81