Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent (1379 Views)

Is Airtel Nigeria Dead Or What ? / Is Airtel Doing Freeing Browsing Today 26 / The Best Network For Subscription Is Airtel. See For Yourself. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by nwaobitex: 9:41am On Sep 17, 2018
Naso den go just dey minus N50 from my account everyday. I decided to send amadioha on them. They now reduced to N10 everyday.

They will say my subscription to parental services has been renewed. Dial *902# to stop(I dunno if it's spirit that subscribed that one coz nobody touches my phone)

So I dialed the code to stop but they say I don't have any active subscription. It's been going on for the past week now angry

Honsule
Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by Joshkid(m): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2018
You're not alone!... My own experience was a bit different, there's no particular amount dem just dey deduct anyhow... I vex call customer care make them discontinue every useless service and it's been normal ever since!

It's seems the stuff is affecting mostly trybe subscribers!
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by tidedroid: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2018
nwaobitex:
Naso den go just dey minus N50 from my account everyday. I decided to send amadioha on them. They now reduced to N10 everyday.

They will say my subscription to parental services has been renewed. Dial *902# to stop(I dunno if it's spirit that subscribed that one coz nobody touches my phone)

So I dialed the code to stop but they say I don't have any active subscription. It's been going on for the past week now angry

Honsule
Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala
same here,like 10-20 naira go just dey vanish no message say I even register to any service just as they please they remove
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by honsule(m): 10:39am On Sep 17, 2018
nwaobitex:

Honsule
Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

call their customer care
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by hakinze00(m): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2018
honsule:

call their customer care
customer care doesn't help, they will just tell u they have stopped the service but they keep on deducting airtime

1 Like

Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by Waakanda: 11:16am On Sep 17, 2018
nwaobitex:

Honsule
Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

Opera mini is the culprit. I had the same problem for a long time until I came across a useful advice on this platform. Shortly after I deleted the disgraceful app, the deduction stopped. How Opera was able to gang up with Airtel to carryout this heinous act is what I can't explain. Now, I use either Chrome or UCWeb as occasion demands. My credits no longer disappear again. When you delete the app, make sure you go through the process of deactivating those useless services once again.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by HzRF(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
Joshkid:
You're not alone!... My own experience was a bit different, there's no particular amount dem just dey deduct anyhow... I vex call customer care make them discontinue every useless service and it's been normal ever since!

It's seems the stuff is affecting mostly trybe subscribers!

I beg how did u communicate with their customer care

I am not able to talk to them
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by nwaobitex: 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
Waakanda:

Opera mini is the culprit. I had the same problem for a long time until I came across a useful advice on this platform. Shortly after I deleted the disgraceful app, the deduction stopped. How Opera was able to gang up with Airtel to carryout this heinous act is what I can't explain. Now, I use either Chrome or UCWeb as occasion demands. My credits no longer disappear again. When you delete the app, make sure you go through the process of deactivating those useless services once again.
, interesting I'll try that and see what happens
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by marvinsync(m): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
HzRF:

I beg how did u communicate with their customer care
I am not able to talk to them

call 111
1 for English
then 3 then 6 and wait

1 Like

Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by solelymade: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2018
Airtel has gone mad indeed. They have almost frustrated me in the last 2months on one of my lines. I only load on this line to use their 25naira nightplan and nothing more as I have an active line with them also, my main line. What seem to amaze me is that every time the balance on this line keeps reducing up to Zero balance when I am not even using the line. I have called them repeatedly yet pilfering will not stop. I must have lost over 500n on the line to these charges. Line wey no dey inside any device dey consume airtime except the periodic times in use it in the night Always activating one thing or another on the line. Mad people
I will do them strong thing by borrowing #500 on my main line and leave it unpaid for months even years, afterall I will still enjoy the same call rate on my Mtn line.
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by fredie107(m): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2018
I share in your pain.... Mine was #75.00 naira oooooo. I had to hook up with them on their Twitter handle for a refund and they did
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by donnie(m): 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2018
Was thinking it's only me undecided

Everyday I'll be unsubscribing for stuff I never subscribed for.

Just about 3 hours ago I tried unsubscribing for daily 100 naira data renewal. Na so the thing turn, turn, turn oo, come hang sotaaay I cancel am embarassed

Let me not even talk about their #1000 monthly bundle that barely lasts 2 days.
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by SUGARSON(m): 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2018
AND THEY WON'T EVEN PICK MY CALL WHEN I CALL THEM. I WONDER WHICH KIND NETWORK BE THAT.
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by bigl: 10:19am On Sep 19, 2018
nwaobitex:

Honsule
Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

Disgrace them on twitter. They hate that and would do normal sharply.

They did same thing to me until i fired them! Kia kia, they stopped whatever nonsense service that was deducting my money
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by plendil: 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2018
nwaobitex:

Honsule
Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

grin grin

@bold, and how did yu do that?
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by Olodo24: 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2018
na Glo own dey pain me pass. They said it's 2gb for 1k but all I get is 1.6gb and they zap it so fast
Re: Why Is Airtel Being So Fraudulent by SamsonJohn743(m): 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2018
Same here. ones your #500 reach 12am they will withdraw from the airtime. Called CC countless times to lay complains but no changes.

(1) (Reply)

Ulefone Power 3s Phone / Pls Who Can Help Get This Bluetooth / Brand New Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 4/64gb For 60k FIRM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.