Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate (35677 Views)

2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) / Osun State Governorship Debate 2018. / Davido's Campaign Billboard For Ademola Adeleke In Osun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by ehissi(m): 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
Gbayi!! Twale baba.....
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by Pvictor10(m): 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
How many people in Osun state have televisions?
Every one in Osun will have television in their homes before your Biafra Republic go emerge.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by hush15: 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
gimmehear:
Why I was absent for Osun Debate.
The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ademola Adeleke, has explained why he was absent at the 2018 Osun State governorship debate which held in Osogbo, the state capital on Sunday.

Adeleke’s seat was empty throughout the two-hour debate.

He said he did not refuse to show up as widely believed, but was “held up by the electorate in the places where he had gone to campaign on Sunday.”

Adeleke was one of the five candidates picked and invited for the debate which featured the All Progressive Congress candidate, Gboyega Oyetola; ADP candidate, Moshood Adeoti, ADC candidate, Fatai Akinbade and SDP candidate, Iyiola Omisore.

Speaking to newsmen on the phone on Sunday nght, the publicity director of the Adeleke campaign organisation, Olawale Rasheed, said while they were on their way to Osogbo, a community where they had gone to campaign blocked the highway.

He said they (community) had been marginalised all these years and that there had not been developments in their area.

“To our surprise, while we tried to skip the small towns and villages as we made efforts to meet up, they started trooping on the road; As I am talking to you now, we are just entering Osogbo,” Rasheed explained.

“We did the same thing at Ikirun, trying to avoid some villages, then we had a backlash from the voters, they insisted that they wanted to hear the man (Adeleke) personally speak to them.

“The last village that we attended at Ife East, they were complaining that they had had no light for years, they trooped to the road and blocked our path and this was around 7.30 p.m.

“What we did was to send a message to a correspondent of Channels, and later I sent a message to Seun Okinbaloye (Channels presenter). We are just entering Osogbo now as I speak to you.

“It is not that we are intent on not attending, no. We need to reach the voters and need their votes. And when they block the road and they say you can’t go, what do you do?”

He added that Adeleke made efforts to reach the people, “given the fact that reaching the people was fundamental in defeating an incumbent government.”

http://gimmehear.com/senator-adeleke-why-i-was-absent-for-the-debate/

so incase you dont know, the real electorates dont have access to channelstv. they are in the streets, villages and communities. its not like the whole Nigeria is going to vote in the gubernatorial election.

Adeleke, enjoy yourself and keep listening to the people, those unheard and non impacted for there lies your victory

1 Like

Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by youngsahito(m): 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
The fear of debate
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by SachaBastien(m): 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
The current governor of Ondo State did not attend the debate and gave the same excuse as Adeleke and today, Akeredolu is governor. In places where people are not well educated and enlightened, debates seem not to matter.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by bigtt76(f): 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
Baba was busy dancing for the electorate naaaa and forgot about the debate grin grin grin

gimmehear:
The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ademola Adeleke, has explained why he was absent at the 2018 Osun State governorship debate which held in Osogbo, the state capital on Sunday.

He said he did not refuse to show up as widely believed, but was “held up by the electorate in the places where he had gone to campaign on Sunday.”

Adeleke was one of the five candidates picked and invited for the debate which featured the All Progressive Congress candidate, Gboyega Oyetola; ADP candidate, Moshood Adeoti, ADC candidate, Fatai Akinbade and SDP candidate, Iyiola Omisore.

Speaking to newsmen on the phone on Sunday nght, the publicity director of the Adeleke campaign organisation, Olawale Rasheed, said while they were on their way to Osogbo, a community where they had gone to campaign blocked the highway.

He said they (community) had been marginalised all these years and that there had not been developments in their area.

“To our surprise, while we tried to skip the small towns and villages as we made efforts to meet up, they started trooping on the road; As I am talking to you now, we are just entering Osogbo,” Rasheed explained.

“We did the same thing at Ikirun, trying to avoid some villages, then we had a backlash from the voters, they insisted that they wanted to hear the man (Adeleke) personally speak to them.

“The last village that we attended at Ife East, they were complaining that they had had no light for years, they trooped to the road and blocked our path and this was around 7.30 p.m.

“What we did was to send a message to a correspondent of Channels, and later I sent a message to Seun Okinbaloye (Channels presenter). We are just entering Osogbo now as I speak to you.

“It is not that we are intent on not attending, no. We need to reach the voters and need their votes. And when they block the road and they say you can’t go, what do you do?”

He added that Adeleke made efforts to reach the people, “given the fact that reaching the people was fundamental in defeating an incumbent government.”

Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by tomfreddie: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
This must be the dumbest excuse ever... Like tf.... Come up w another one
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by Sagay212: 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2018
Very weak excuse.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by cpu2006(m): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2018
my vote is for you. ride on!
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by wink2015(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2018
gimmehear:

THE DANCING SENATOR!
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by chiefolododo(m): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2018
omooba969:

If Buhari attends, can you hear his spoken English or understand what he says?

Kwarupshun in gonment izza bad zing por za debelofment op Nigeria. smiley
true talk

Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by topyhanky(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Your father
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by Ovamboland(m): 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
jchioma:
Nothing do you sir. Your excuse is plausible.

Here, we have a sitting president who has consistently refused to honour debate invites, not even presidential chats unscripted. He is now plotting to send his VP to represent him in 2019 presidential debate with no excuses given at all.

Same way Jonathan stood up Buhari and the other candidates by avoiding the 2011 debates and went to debate solo with D'banj.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by seguntijan(m): 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2018
Don't worry, they'll soon organise dancing competition.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by maasoap(m): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

More than the population of people with sense in your state of origin.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by maasoap(m): 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You are right,no wonder Buhari is incompetent,he ran away from debate in 2015 too.

And Obj and Jona didn't run away.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by shegra58: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2018
What do you exppect from a man with 9F9 in a WAEC to say at the debate you can hardly see him speak in English sef.....Michael Jackson want to be a Governor cry cry
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by emmangrace: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
You can come and organise "Television owner" censor. You arr welcome.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by farem: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
MufasaRebirth:
Ride on Bros, Nothing do you !!

Is this all you can come up with? A minute portion of phantom supporters was holding him down (I guess with gun threat) to stop him from the over 90% other supporters! That must have been y serious dancing competition, though.
Come up with another one
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by backspaced(f): 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
Looking for Fresh Chartered Accountants/HND Accounts Graduates for our client, a well-established business conglomerate headquartered in Sango-Ota.

Qualification & Experience:
• Recently qualified or about to qualify Chartered Accountant/HND Accounts Graduate with maximum 0-1year experience.
• The employee will undergo further training in the company’s accounts department.
• Must have a strong understanding of Accounting Principles and willing to learn.

If you’re interested in building a career with a well-established and respected company, then send in your CV immediately to response@elevantix.com

The subject of the mail should be Fresh Chartered Accountant.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by lazborn(m): 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
someone shld have told him it was a dancing competition instead of telling him to come for a debate

1 Like

Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by brainhgeek(m): 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2018
Yinmu. Integrity is doing what is expected when you are not answerable to anyone or when no one is watching you. How many of our politicians have integrity?
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by Marriz4surre: 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
I hail you oooAde dancer,come to think of it winners don't attend debate ask bubu.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by southpaw86: 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
kip kwayet!
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by emmasege: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
Jacktheripper:

You really think everyone took poverty bath when they were born like you do at Biafra land?
Please tell that bush man that Osun State has the highest number of Urban centres in Nigeria from Osogbo to Ile-Ife, Ilesha, Iwo, Ede, Ikirun, Ikire, Ila Orangun, Ejigbo etc.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by streetzz: 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
It's always an expected cycle of political events prior to elections in this country.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by centoke30(m): 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
tallestcash:

Bird of a feather flock together it is only slowpoke like you that will believe flimsy excuse given by Ade dancer to dodge the governorship debate. Awon egbe olodo
must you call me names before you point out those pointless things? my child went to school doesn't mean my child knows anything. you are an example of that.
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by Horrycops: 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
All hail the dancing senator.

Michael jackson wants to be governor
..he ll attend the after party grin
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by Horrycops: 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2018
shegra58:
What do you exppect from a man with 9F9 in a WAEC to say at the debate you can hardly see him speak in English sef.....Michael Jackson want to be a Governor cry cry
Same way he refused to sit for his waec exams... D 1 he did f9...some should have called it dancing competition for him

1 Like

Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by kaywhy09(m): 12:57am On Sep 18, 2018
Which other platform is better to campaign than through debate undecided
Re: Senator Ademola Adeleke: Why I Was Absent From Osun Governorship Debate by Horrycops: 3:40am On Sep 18, 2018
kaywhy09:
Which other platform is better to campaign than through debate undecided
Short short videos on IG dancing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From APGA Presidential Flag Off At Ekwueme Square Awka / Senator Wamakko Feeding His Pigeons In His House In Sokoto (Photos) / Senator Fidelis Okoro Burial: Clergies Shun Mass In Nsukka Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.