Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:57 AM

How Unknown Man Raped Blind Woman, Impregnated And Infected Her With HIV[PHOTOS] - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Unknown Man Raped Blind Woman, Impregnated And Infected Her With HIV[PHOTOS] (641 Views)

Ezemmuo Nkanu: Man Raped By Three Ladies In The University Still Traumatized / 12-Year-Old Girl Raped And Infected In Delta (Photos) / Man Who Raped 13-year-old Girl And Infected Her With HIV, Bribes With #200, 000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Unknown Man Raped Blind Woman, Impregnated And Infected Her With HIV[PHOTOS] by Yuneek(f): 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
A very sad tale has emerged of a blind woman who was raped by an unknown person and impregnated at the same time.

The ordeal of the 44-year-old woman did not end at pregnancy as she was also infected with the much dreaded HIV by her abuser.

The sad incident happened some few months ago in Accra, Ghana's capital city.

The victim who had lived with her visual impairment for over 30 years confided in a journalist Alice Aryeetey, from GHOne News.

It was learnt that she went blind between the ages of 10 and 11 after getting an eye infection, known as “apolo” in the local parlance.

However, her mother, who also got blind six days before the victim was born, could not help save her sight.

Although life has not been rosy, her life had meaning, until that fateful day when she was raped by someone she had no idea about.

She said: “I did not go to the hospital afterwards because I did not think I would conceive, but even after realizing I was pregnant, I did not want to abort the innocent baby and I cannot also figure out who he is.”

According to her, two months after the rape incident, she noticed some changes in her body and visited the hospital for a check-up; only to be told she was pregnant and had contracted HIV.

She eventually had a baby girl two weeks ago who, unfortunately, was also was diagnosed with HIV.

Health experts have indicated HIV can be transmitted from an HIV-positive mother to her child during pregnancy – when the foetus is infected by HIV crossing the placenta, or through an infected mother’s cervical secretions or blood or during breastfeeding.

READ MORE: https://www.dailynaija.com/post/how-unknown-man-raped-blind-woman-impregnated-her-and-infected-her-with-hiv-photos

Re: How Unknown Man Raped Blind Woman, Impregnated And Infected Her With HIV[PHOTOS] by GOFRONT(m): 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
We cant even fix our forum.....and some of us want to go and fix Almighty Nigeria......see below

(1) (Reply)

Goat Escapes From Ritualist Den With A Knife In Its Back (photos) / This Is How I Got Scammed Today By Sammy Michael On Instagram / Man Slashes Stepmother's Throat In Rivers State (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.