Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:41 PM

Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) (2415 Views)

Woman Sues Samsung After Galaxy Note 9 ‘burst Into Flames’ Inside Her Purse / Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 9 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) / Watch The Shocking Moment An Iphone Explodes & Burst Into Flames On A Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by oluwafemme129(m): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2018
A woman who claims her Galaxy Note 7 smartphone "burst into flames" inside her purse is suing Samsung.

Diane Chung, a US real estate agent, says the new Note 7 model launched earlier this year is dangerous and hers caught fire in her purse, according to the New York Post.

Chung claims that just after midnight on September 3, while travelling in a lift, her phone "became extremely hot". She said she had to stop using the phone and placed it in her bag. Shortly after, she said she "heard a whistling and screeching sound, and...noticed thick smoke" pouring out from her purse.
According to Chung, she put the bag on the lift floor and tried to empty it, allegedly burning her fingers when grabbing the phone. Chung reported feeling "extremely panicked" while trapped alone in the lift, dropping the phone and frantically pressing elevator buttons through thick smoke. Once she reached the lobby, she reportedly kicked the phone out while it was still burning.

In the lawsuit, which was filed with the Queens Supreme Court, Chung claims that the phone didn't stop smoking until someone picked it up with a cloth and put it in a bucket of water. Chung described the incident as "traumatic", saying she was left unable to contact clients and it left the contents of her bag ruined.

Now Chung is demanding damages from Samsung, calling the phone "defective" and asking for a restraining order that bans the sale of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones.

It comes just two years after Samsung was forced to recall an earlier Galaxy phone after dozens of users reported overheating, spontaneous fires, and even explosions.

Just last month, Samsung chief DJ Koh promised that his new phone definitely wouldn't explode: "The battery in the Galaxy Note 7 is safer than ever.

He continued: "Users do not have to worry about the batteries any more."

Following the incident with Chung, a Samsung spokesperson acknowledged the incident in a statement given to The
Sun, but said it appeared to be an isolated case.

The spokesperson said:

Samsung takes customer safety very seriously and we stand behind the quality of the millions of Galaxy devices in use.

We have not received any reports of similar incidents involving a Galaxy Note 7 device and we are investigating the matter.

Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by GOFRONT(m): 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
Chaii
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by spoilerx: 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
oluwafemme129:
A woman who claims her Galaxy Note 9 smartphone "burst into flames" inside her purse is suing Samsung.

Diane Chung, a US real estate agent, says the new Note 9 model launched earlier this year is dangerous and hers caught fire in her purse, according to the New York Post.

Chung claims that just after midnight on September 3, while travelling in a lift, her phone "became extremely hot". She said she had to stop using the phone and placed it in her bag. Shortly after, she said she "heard a whistling and screeching sound, and...noticed thick smoke" pouring out from her purse.
According to Chung, she put the bag on the lift floor and tried to empty it, allegedly burning her fingers when grabbing the phone. Chung reported feeling "extremely panicked" while trapped alone in the lift, dropping the phone and frantically pressing elevator buttons through thick smoke. Once she reached the lobby, she reportedly kicked the phone out while it was still burning.

In the lawsuit, which was filed with the Queens Supreme Court, Chung claims that the phone didn't stop smoking until someone picked it up with a cloth and put it in a bucket of water. Chung described the incident as "traumatic", saying she was left unable to contact clients and it left the contents of her bag ruined.

Now Chung is demanding damages from Samsung, calling the phone "defective" and asking for a restraining order that bans the sale of Galaxy Note 9 smartphones.

It comes just two years after Samsung was forced to recall an earlier Galaxy phone after dozens of users reported overheating, spontaneous fires, and even explosions.

Just last month, Samsung chief DJ Koh promised that his new phone definitely wouldn't explode: "The battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever.

He continued: "Users do not have to worry about the batteries any more."

Following the incident with Chung, a Samsung spokesperson acknowledged the incident in a statement given to The
Sun, but said it appeared to be an isolated case.

The spokesperson said:

Samsung takes customer safety very seriously and we stand behind the quality of the millions of Galaxy devices in use.

We have not received any reports of similar incidents involving a Galaxy Note 9 device and we are investigating the matter.

Thats not a Note 9

6 Likes

Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by ddjay: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
somebody close this thread pls, its misleading. that is a note 7, note 9 has no home button

6 Likes

Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by ddjay: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
abi are you a techno user
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by opeyehmmy(m): 2:20pm On Sep 17, 2018
Again! Samsung are now mobile explosives producer. Although dat isn't a Note 9

1 Like

Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by Kalapizim(m): 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
wrong info

1 Like

Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by erobes: 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
fake news
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by stanboy28(m): 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
Fake news...data not even a galaxy note 9..close this thread asap
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by columbus007(m): 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
that phone was design by samsung to eliminate people of this world,i too trust chinko version. undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by henryobinna(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
OP either correct your title or close the damn thread as this is fake news.

The note 9 spots a bezelless design with the finger print button at the back and with no home button. So what the actual F#ck are you talking?
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by horlahwaley(m): 6:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
fake news.
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2018
And how is this a galaxy note 9?
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2018
columbus007:
that phone was design by samsung to eliminate people of this world,i too trust chinko version. undecided

U need to get ur facts right before posting a comment. Does that thing there look like a galaxy note 9 to u?
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by Goroz: 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
A boys quarters room is available for rent in Benin, Oredo local government. Just around Adesuwa. The room already has a carpet, a table and long stool, mattress, standing fan, rack for hangers, all for a giveaway price. Contact me as soon as you can if interested.
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
I saw this somewhere, it's true.

Samsung phones always has this issues
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by IbrahimSkiba(f): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Really?, gist me more.
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2018
IbrahimSkiba:

Really?, gist me more.

Hmmm.
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by columbus007(m): 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
greenhulk:

U need to get ur facts right before posting a comment. Does that thing there look like a galaxy note 9 to u?
i have been watching keenly on these issues of people coming to my mention lately,please learn to disregard me whenever i make i comment,talk your own,inshort you guys should talk your own let me talk my own,did i joined nairaland because of you guys?.
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by IbrahimSkiba(f): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Hmmm.

Who is isaac? Is that the name of that guy, 93Miles ?
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by 93Miles: 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Omo kud message mi?
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2018
93Miles:

Omo kud message mi?

Meh reply fi
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by 93Miles: 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Meh reply fi
Ok ediye
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 17, 2018
columbus007:
i have been watching keenly on these issues of people coming to my mention lately,please learn to disregard me whenever i make i comment,talk your own,inshort you guys should talk your own let me talk my own,did i joined nairaland because of you guys?.

No vex

1 Like

Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by 93Miles: 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
IbrahimSkiba:

Who is isaac? Is that the name of that guy, 93Miles ?

Why don't u get a 10naira soap and jerk the fvck off?
A girl says she doesn't want u and u tripping??
People like u are the reason ladies give guys bad names.
10naira soap will save u from this embarrasment..

Pvssy nigga..
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
93Miles:
Ok ediye

Lol.
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by IbrahimSkiba(f): 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
93Miles:

Why don't u get a 10naira soap and jerk the fvck off?

A girl says she doesn't want u and u tripping??

People like u are the reason ladies give guys bad names.

10naira soap will save u from this embarrasment..

Pvssy nigga..

Shagia, ubanki
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by 93Miles: 9:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Lol.

fiak seh mail mfo. Mme send fi message nwen.
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2018
93Miles:
fiak seh mail mfo. Mme send fi message nwen.

Mme fiak mboro mail mfo. Ita keh adi
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by 93Miles: 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
IbrahimSkiba:

Shagia, ubanki
damburuba shege
Re: Woman's Horror After Galaxy Note 7 "Burst Into Flames" Inside Her Purse (photos) by 93Miles: 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Mme fiak mboro mail mfo. Ita keh adi
ok nye seh.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help My Infinix Hot4 Is Dead / Infinix Note 8i Price In Ngeria / How Much Fit Build This,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.