Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury (39379 Views)

A Girl Called Friday / Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) / The Girl Called Damilola - Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by sosa993: 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2019
I don't get why ?
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by cricifixo: 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
xclusivedon@yahoo.com
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by sosa993: 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2019
Hey guys cry I can see the emails popping up. Thank you all so much. I only need the email to add to my Newsletter subscribers.

While the emails are popping, please I need a favor from you. I know most of you hate links but it'll be a great favour if you can go rate Fib and the Axe of Fury on Okadabooks. The ratings can help in boosting sales. If you're chanced, a review will be really great too. Here's the link!

https://okadabooks.com/search?query=Fib%2520and%2520the%2520Axe%2520of%2520fury

Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by GeeJohnzin(m): 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
geejohnzin@gmail.com
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by rukidanty: 12:04am On Jan 27, 2019
sosa993:
I don't get why ?
after reading the first seven episodes or so when mo n fib are working together to save aaron ,i didn't see any updates again.always seeing empty when u promised to update.i don't know where the rest viewers are reading it from because i started reading it today..so kindly explain because i am lost in the story.though i know its intersting..
thanks
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by Ayodipths(m): 12:21am On Jan 27, 2019
Hello my Dear Sister Sosa993 Am now back to Nairaland now hope I don't miss too much Sha season greetings dear my sister hope everything going smoothly I have miss you alots ooo 😂🤣🤣😁
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by Aphroditee(f): 6:37am On Jan 27, 2019
sosa993:

CHAPTER THREE

"You are supernatural."

My mother implied it the previous day and the origin of the otherworldly book confirmed it. The previous night, I asked my mother how she was able to wipe my memory and how it was even possible to do that, but she didn't give me an answer. She only insisted not to take off my glasses. The bottom line was, she wanted me to hide my gift, but how could I pretend like the ugly creature, Death, never existed when its imagery kept swimming back into my head.

I ran my fingers over the words of the book, trying to picture the creatures listed in it. Will I see more of them? I wondered.

Sighing, I slumped on the metal chair as I stared at the blue morning sky through the classroom window. The whole place buzzed with unwilling people like me who'd prefer staying back home. Left to me, I would love to lock myself up in my room, and research about my gift.

“Silence!” A loud bang boomed through the room, and I jerked up to see Ms. Helen, the biology teacher with both hands on the table as she stared daggers at each of us. "All you do is talk and talk ehn? Dullards."

Ms. Helen, such a drama queen.

I surveyed the classroom to see most of my classmates weren't even obeying her order. They had one thing or the other to do from passing notes around, and laughing at something most likely stupid. Well, I couldn't blame them. Ms. Helen had a way of frustrating even the most serious student.

I returned my attention to the book before me. My eyes caught the picture of a girl holding her head in her hands. Oroma the text under the drawing said.

According to the Nigerian myth, Oroma was a beautiful girl that removes her head at night, and along with other supernatural millions of hands, she braids her hair. Like I said, according to a Nigerian myth she was beautiful, but the drawing depicts no beauty. All I saw was a scary, girl holding her head in her hands.

I flipped the pages to another to see the picture of the creature. The one my mother called Death; a shiver ran through my skin as I stared at its red flaming orbs in the drawing. Now, I knew enough things about this creature. Death was the collector of souls and only appeared to people who had magic running through their veins. Even a dying person would never come across it until their soul passed on. The presence of this creature meant agony, loss and death of a person or a group of people.

The question was, who would die?

It's amazing there were people like me out there. Lucky for them they had the liberty to use their powers, but in my own case, my mother confessed she fortified our home, my glasses and my eyes against supernatural elements. Which was the reason with or without my glasses; I couldn't see strange things at home or outside. Now that the spell was broken, she said another spell would never work on my eyes again, so I was left with the option of keeping my glasses on.

She gave me the book with the hope of discouraging me from taking off my glasses. She believed if I read about these mystical creatures, I'd get scared of seeing them and abide by her rules, but the more I read about them, the more I got fascinated.

As I flipped to another page of the book, something wet splashed on my neck. I groaned then turned around to see Mo holding a straw as she beamed like a child who just got a gift from Father Christmas.

"Really? Mo?" I said through my teeth.

Mo stuck out her tongue.

"You got new glasses?" She asked.

"You threw a Spitball at me just to ask if I got new glasses."

“I didn't –”

"So no one can tell me the answer ehn?" Ms. Helen's voice cut through our conversation.

"Wetin gan?" Someone grumbled in pidgin English, making me choke down a laugh, and then turn around to see Ade.

"Ade you're not serious," I chuckled.

"The girl needs to take it easy na," Ade mumbled. "Every time what this? What is that?"

Ade furrowed his brows into a frown. It gave him an older man’s look. I smiled and shook my head then returned my attention back to Ms. Helen. Ade was one of those guys who hated learning, but you'd find him on the football field as soon as the break time bell rang. He has never gotten along with Ms. Helen and even though Ms. Helen wanted what’s best for us, she needed to pipe down on her attitude. For someone so young, she acted way too old and grumpy.

"No one ehn!" Ms. Helen barked again and started towards my desk.

I grabbed the Origin of the OtherWorldly book, and put it into my bag; out fear, she'd see the book, and find out about me. There's no way I'd let people know about my gift until I could be sure people were safe around me.

She scrunched up her round face as she walked past me. The telltale scent of coconut oil floated in the air. Ms. Helen had a kind of subtle beauty; more like an average beauty. Her thick eyebrows seated well on her round face giving her a sharp and a soft look at the same time. Her chocolate skin was flawless especially against the red lipstick she used.

I gulped when her fingers hit the desk behind me. Slowly, I turned around to see her looking at Mo; making me let out a thankful sigh.

"Morenikeji, what is an Amoeba?"

Mo stood up. The corners of her mouth turned up. "An Amoeba..."

I knew Mo too well; she'd probably explain the thing for hours. She was way too intelligent for her own good. Already bored out of my mind, I looked around. What better way could I create a distraction for myself than to test my gifts? And without thinking twice, I removed my glasses and set it on the table.

Nothing.

I glanced everywhere as everyone’s eyes fixed on Mo as she talked.

Was this a joke?

I closed my eyes then reopened them.

Still, nothing.

As I tried putting them back on, a shriek echoed through the class and the door slammed shut. Aaron, one of my classmates walked in wearing a hooded cardigan which covered a part of his face. The hood exposed little strands of his ginger red hair, and as he walked, he clenched his jaw with a faraway look in his glistening eyes. Soon as he dropped his bag on an empty chair reserved for him, he looked up like he knew someone was staring at him, and his eyes met mine.

"Aaron? Do you care to explain why you're late to school... again?" Ms. Helen questioned.

Aaron continued to stare at me as if he wanted to question me, but on a second thought, he shook his head and glanced at Ms. Helen. But before he could utter a word, a blurry whiteness similar to the haziness I saw at the station appeared before my eyes; making me spin around with my heart pounding against my chest.

I was no longer in the classroom, but now on the assembly ground, and forced to hear the screams of terror from people as well as loud cracks of gunshots echoing in the air.

Glancing around, I watched Ms. Helen crawl on the ground as trails of blood dragged behind her. Then my eyes landed on a girl as she wailed on the ground. Her curly, wet hair clung to her cheeks as crimson red blood spread from her hands to her white shirt. She stood up from the ground and pushed the thick curly strands of hair covering her face.

And I gulped.

She was me.

Her eyes were bloodshot with layers of blue-black bags underneath. She wiped the tears rolling down her cheeks with the back of her hand. Looking straight ahead, I trailed what she was staring at until I was staring down at a body.

His eyes were wide open, devoid of life, and his opened mouth devoid of breath as blood seeped out of a tiny hole around his neck.

"Aaron," I gasped.

I tried getting closer to his stiff body, but someone touched my shoulder; making me jump.

"Don't tell me you're crying because of him," Mo's voice startled me.

"What?!" I said then felt warm moisture trickle down my cheek.

I didn't even know tears were running down my cheeks until she mentioned it. I wiped it off, and put my glasses on and looked up to see Mo furrow her brows at me.

"Makinde isn't worth it," she said.

My gaze danced around. Ms. Helen was no longer in class, and the whole place buzzed with laughter and voices from my classmates. In the front row, Tokunbo sat on Makinde's leg and rubbed her hands over his jaw. Tightness clenched my chest as I watched him pull her closer to him and kiss her.

Idiots.

Times like this, I wished Mr. Ray, one of our numerous grumpy teachers, would walk in and punish them. But he wouldn't! He was probably sitting in the staff room and gossiping his ass off about students.

I glanced back at Mo who now had a sympathetic smile on her face. As much as it hurt to see my ex-boyfriend kiss a girl I didn't like, there were other pressing issues to worry about.

"It's no big deal," I answered.
preta Mia xoxocandy

Without another word, I glanced towards Aaron. This time he was no longer wearing his hooded cardigan. He flicked the ball pen in his hand, and again as if he could feel my eyes on him, he looked up. This time narrowed his eyes at me.

So here's a new chapter. Sorry it took time to update. Next chapter comes up Tuesday.
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by Aphroditee(f): 6:38am On Jan 27, 2019
sosa993:

CHAPTER THREE

"You are supernatural."

My mother implied it the previous day and the origin of the otherworldly book confirmed it. The previous night, I asked my mother how she was able to wipe my memory and how it was even possible to do that, but she didn't give me an answer. She only insisted not to take off my glasses. The bottom line was, she wanted me to hide my gift, but how could I pretend like the ugly creature, Death, never existed when its imagery kept swimming back into my head.

I ran my fingers over the words of the book, trying to picture the creatures listed in it. Will I see more of them? I wondered.

Sighing, I slumped on the metal chair as I stared at the blue morning sky through the classroom window. The whole place buzzed with unwilling people like me who'd prefer staying back home. Left to me, I would love to lock myself up in my room, and research about my gift.

“Silence!” A loud bang boomed through the room, and I jerked up to see Ms. Helen, the biology teacher with both hands on the table as she stared daggers at each of us. "All you do is talk and talk ehn? Dullards."

Ms. Helen, such a drama queen.

I surveyed the classroom to see most of my classmates weren't even obeying her order. They had one thing or the other to do from passing notes around, and laughing at something most likely stupid. Well, I couldn't blame them. Ms. Helen had a way of frustrating even the most serious student.

I returned my attention to the book before me. My eyes caught the picture of a girl holding her head in her hands. Oroma the text under the drawing said.

According to the Nigerian myth, Oroma was a beautiful girl that removes her head at night, and along with other supernatural millions of hands, she braids her hair. Like I said, according to a Nigerian myth she was beautiful, but the drawing depicts no beauty. All I saw was a scary, girl holding her head in her hands.

I flipped the pages to another to see the picture of the creature. The one my mother called Death; a shiver ran through my skin as I stared at its red flaming orbs in the drawing. Now, I knew enough things about this creature. Death was the collector of souls and only appeared to people who had magic running through their veins. Even a dying person would never come across it until their soul passed on. The presence of this creature meant agony, loss and death of a person or a group of people.

The question was, who would die?

It's amazing there were people like me out there. Lucky for them they had the liberty to use their powers, but in my own case, my mother confessed she fortified our home, my glasses and my eyes against supernatural elements. Which was the reason with or without my glasses; I couldn't see strange things at home or outside. Now that the spell was broken, she said another spell would never work on my eyes again, so I was left with the option of keeping my glasses on.

She gave me the book with the hope of discouraging me from taking off my glasses. She believed if I read about these mystical creatures, I'd get scared of seeing them and abide by her rules, but the more I read about them, the more I got fascinated.

As I flipped to another page of the book, something wet splashed on my neck. I groaned then turned around to see Mo holding a straw as she beamed like a child who just got a gift from Father Christmas.

"Really? Mo?" I said through my teeth.

Mo stuck out her tongue.

"You got new glasses?" She asked.

"You threw a Spitball at me just to ask if I got new glasses."

“I didn't –”

"So no one can tell me the answer ehn?" Ms. Helen's voice cut through our conversation.

"Wetin gan?" Someone grumbled in pidgin English, making me choke down a laugh, and then turn around to see Ade.

"Ade you're not serious," I chuckled.

"The girl needs to take it easy na," Ade mumbled. "Every time what this? What is that?"

Ade furrowed his brows into a frown. It gave him an older man’s look. I smiled and shook my head then returned my attention back to Ms. Helen. Ade was one of those guys who hated learning, but you'd find him on the football field as soon as the break time bell rang. He has never gotten along with Ms. Helen and even though Ms. Helen wanted what’s best for us, she needed to pipe down on her attitude. For someone so young, she acted way too old and grumpy.

"No one ehn!" Ms. Helen barked again and started towards my desk.

I grabbed the Origin of the OtherWorldly book, and put it into my bag; out fear, she'd see the book, and find out about me. There's no way I'd let people know about my gift until I could be sure people were safe around me.

She scrunched up her round face as she walked past me. The telltale scent of coconut oil floated in the air. Ms. Helen had a kind of subtle beauty; more like an average beauty. Her thick eyebrows seated well on her round face giving her a sharp and a soft look at the same time. Her chocolate skin was flawless especially against the red lipstick she used.

I gulped when her fingers hit the desk behind me. Slowly, I turned around to see her looking at Mo; making me let out a thankful sigh.

"Morenikeji, what is an Amoeba?"

Mo stood up. The corners of her mouth turned up. "An Amoeba..."

I knew Mo too well; she'd probably explain the thing for hours. She was way too intelligent for her own good. Already bored out of my mind, I looked around. What better way could I create a distraction for myself than to test my gifts? And without thinking twice, I removed my glasses and set it on the table.

Nothing.

I glanced everywhere as everyone’s eyes fixed on Mo as she talked.

Was this a joke?

I closed my eyes then reopened them.

Still, nothing.

As I tried putting them back on, a shriek echoed through the class and the door slammed shut. Aaron, one of my classmates walked in wearing a hooded cardigan which covered a part of his face. The hood exposed little strands of his ginger red hair, and as he walked, he clenched his jaw with a faraway look in his glistening eyes. Soon as he dropped his bag on an empty chair reserved for him, he looked up like he knew someone was staring at him, and his eyes met mine.

"Aaron? Do you care to explain why you're late to school... again?" Ms. Helen questioned.

Aaron continued to stare at me as if he wanted to question me, but on a second thought, he shook his head and glanced at Ms. Helen. But before he could utter a word, a blurry whiteness similar to the haziness I saw at the station appeared before my eyes; making me spin around with my heart pounding against my chest.

I was no longer in the classroom, but now on the assembly ground, and forced to hear the screams of terror from people as well as loud cracks of gunshots echoing in the air.

Glancing around, I watched Ms. Helen crawl on the ground as trails of blood dragged behind her. Then my eyes landed on a girl as she wailed on the ground. Her curly, wet hair clung to her cheeks as crimson red blood spread from her hands to her white shirt. She stood up from the ground and pushed the thick curly strands of hair covering her face.

And I gulped.

She was me.

Her eyes were bloodshot with layers of blue-black bags underneath. She wiped the tears rolling down her cheeks with the back of her hand. Looking straight ahead, I trailed what she was staring at until I was staring down at a body.

His eyes were wide open, devoid of life, and his opened mouth devoid of breath as blood seeped out of a tiny hole around his neck.

"Aaron," I gasped.

I tried getting closer to his stiff body, but someone touched my shoulder; making me jump.

"Don't tell me you're crying because of him," Mo's voice startled me.

"What?!" I said then felt warm moisture trickle down my cheek.

I didn't even know tears were running down my cheeks until she mentioned it. I wiped it off, and put my glasses on and looked up to see Mo furrow her brows at me.

"Makinde isn't worth it," she said.

My gaze danced around. Ms. Helen was no longer in class, and the whole place buzzed with laughter and voices from my classmates. In the front row, Tokunbo sat on Makinde's leg and rubbed her hands over his jaw. Tightness clenched my chest as I watched him pull her closer to him and kiss her.

Idiots.

Times like this, I wished Mr. Ray, one of our numerous grumpy teachers, would walk in and punish them. But he wouldn't! He was probably sitting in the staff room and gossiping his ass off about students.

I glanced back at Mo who now had a sympathetic smile on her face. As much as it hurt to see my ex-boyfriend kiss a girl I didn't like, there were other pressing issues to worry about.

"It's no big deal," I answered.
preta Mia xoxocandy

Without another word, I glanced towards Aaron. This time he was no longer wearing his hooded cardigan. He flicked the ball pen in his hand, and again as if he could feel my eyes on him, he looked up. This time narrowed his eyes at me.

So here's a new chapter. Sorry it took time to update. Next chapter comes up Tuesday.
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by sosa993: 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2019
rukidanty:
after reading the first seven episodes or so when mo n fib are working together to save aaron ,i didn't see any updates again.always seeing empty when u promised to update.i don't know where the rest viewers are reading it from because i started reading it today..so kindly explain because i am lost in the story.though i know its intersting..
thanks

It was clearly stated that this book is to be published soon. That is i will be putting it up for sale in June. Thank you.

Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by sosa993: 9:10am On Apr 27, 2019
I remember promising to post book two here but as it is, good things took over. My plan was to self publish my novel by June but I got a publishing deal which is freaking amazing. I'll no longer use this purple cover and my book is undergoing a thorough edit.

cheesy

For those of us who didn't get to read my novel when it was free here, there's a chance to order it either in hard copy or soft copy. As time goes on, I'll keep posting series of development done on my manuscript on this thread. Thanks for all your support.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by sosa993: 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
@dairyKidd Ayodipths dawno2008 OluwabuqqyYOLO Evold Fazemood PatJane dimssy Blessinq1 Blessinq Cupin Voltred maxxy26 3phase michaelobaro24 Ann2012 Pinkberry25 LightQueen Niwdog bot101 LordOfEamosa NhSnaikwrites emmyreb FayBrown GeoSilYe Iseddy Demosalesman Emancipationice Realzikkist afroxy2 GeoJohnzin Seunfunmi WiseStarr lordlek angelliza Solly1 AfroMighty cricifixo KngGezy Samwobi Kvngfrosh Bluehaven BlessedNiel moseph Parollawd Ice4jez Whizlight Maymac angelliza immacul6 Colynx etzskillz Ayanfe29 Bankz007 jrapkiss Wadewaltz C8t8 Benjaniblinks Zirconx

Hey guys! I have been away for too long. I've been polishing Fib and the Axe of fury and I'm glad to tell you it'll be out this Friday. It'll be in soft and hard-copy. I'm so grateful for this journey and you've walked with me in this. I promised myself, I'd share the edited soft copy of Fib and the Axe of fury with my readers here. Please, do give me the permission to email you so I can send you a copy.

Also, I have no idea how much sales I'll make but I'm hoping the book does well. Word of the mouth will go a long way for Fib and the Axe of fury. Please, tell as many people as possible. But don't share this with them for free. Lol. wink

I'm sorry I didn't share the book two and the novella which are all part of the series. The rights of the three has been bought by my publisher which means I'm not allowed to post the story for free online. cry

I'll only be able to share a new story with you: The Seven deadly sins of Riverside crescent. I hope you will love it. Thanks for understanding.

Esosa Kolawole.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by Ayanfe29(f): 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
More wisdom and insight. Thanks for also sharing your story with us.. You'd definitely make sales. Here's my email address ---- alabimotunrayo15@gmail.com
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by sosa993: 8:28am On Jun 19, 2019
Ayanfe29:
More wisdom and insight. Thanks for also sharing your story with us.. You'd definitely make sales. Here's my email address ---- alabimotunrayo15@gmail.com

Thank you Ayanfe.

1 Like

Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by Kvngfrosh(m): 1:47am On Jun 20, 2019
Kvnqfrosh@gmail.com
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by Seunfunmi18(m): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
Wow
Alhamdulilah
More blessings, favour, wisdom and insight.
Sincerely I do really appreciate you sharing that story with us.. You'd definitely make sales.
Amen Ya Robbie
Here's my email address
Iamomosquare@gmail.com
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by Demosalesman(m): 2:55am On Jul 25, 2019
nice one! hope all your hard work is rewarded tenfold.
Re: A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury by samwobi(m): 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
I have been away for a while now, I'm interested in the copy, please send it to me too, or do I have to drop my email?
sosa993:
@dairyKidd Ayodipths dawno2008 OluwabuqqyYOLO Evold Fazemood PatJane dimssy Blessinq1 Blessinq Cupin Voltred maxxy26 3phase michaelobaro24 Ann2012 Pinkberry25 LightQueen Niwdog bot101 LordOfEamosa NhSnaikwrites emmyreb FayBrown GeoSilYe Iseddy Demosalesman Emancipationice Realzikkist afroxy2 GeoJohnzin Seunfunmi WiseStarr lordlek angelliza Solly1 AfroMighty cricifixo KngGezy Samwobi Kvngfrosh Bluehaven BlessedNiel moseph Parollawd Ice4jez Whizlight Maymac angelliza immacul6 Colynx etzskillz Ayanfe29 Bankz007 jrapkiss Wadewaltz C8t8 Benjaniblinks Zirconx

Hey guys! I have been away for too long. I've been polishing Fib and the Axe of fury and I'm glad to tell you it'll be out this Friday. It'll be in soft and hard-copy. I'm so grateful for this journey and you've walked with me in this. I promised myself, I'd share the edited soft copy of Fib and the Axe of fury with my readers here. Please, do give me the permission to email you so I can send you a copy.

Also, I have no idea how much sales I'll make but I'm hoping the book does well. Word of the mouth will go a long way for Fib and the Axe of fury. Please, tell as many people as possible. But don't share this with them for free. Lol. wink

I'm sorry I didn't share the book two and the novella which are all part of the series. The rights of the three has been bought by my publisher which means I'm not allowed to post the story for free online. cry

I'll only be able to share a new story with you: The Seven deadly sins of Riverside crescent. I hope you will love it. Thanks for understanding.

Esosa Kolawole.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off. / What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.