Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Is The Soul Immortal ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Soul Immortal ? (4402 Views)

What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? / Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? / Winners' Chapel Declares 7-Day Fasting For The Rescue Of The Soul Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by Anas09: 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2018
CONT.
While on the Cross, the Substance left the body, becos the substance = divine, can not be joined to sin, and natural human body carried the sins of men and cried out 'My God, My God why... Again, if the substance had not separated from the natural body of Jesus, He wouldn't have died, because substances doesn't die.

The substance entered back into the natural body and it got up from the grave. Jehovah and Immanuel = God with us, are not two separate entities. That's why He kept saying 'I and my father and one. I am inside my father and my father is inside of me. If you have seen me, then you have seen my Father.

@OneJ, the case here is not the same with an earthly human Father sharing looks or inheritances.

If you read the book of Apostle John, you'd see Jesus practicably saying He is God.

TBC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by Anas09: 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2018
You already asked if Jesus prayed to Himself when he prayed to the Father.

Well, the Lord praying as to someone else while He, (His natural body he took from Mother Mary) was on earth, is to obey and follow the divine design established before the world was created. Everyone who comes to this earth must follow it to form a partnership with the Source of all.

That law stipulates that we forge a connection with God by living according to God's instructions, while God forges His connection with us and turn us from earthly beings to spiritual beings. (Oh, Well, JW hate being turned to spiritual beings. I forgot you are materialists)

The Lord Jesus, (the part which came from mother Mary), United Himself with the Substance residing inside of Him, to follow the divine unchangeable law.

To obey His own law, he was born like every other human, He was an infant, small, helpless, ate, drank, poo pooed, he learned to walk, talk, and did all we do, this is what He meant by "Fulfilling All righteousness'. He didn't bypass anyyhing. This is also so that no man will give any excuse of " God demands from us when he knows nothing about living on earth in the flesh. He did all things like a complete human.

While in Prayer, his human nature was unifying with his spiritual nature that why He said 'A body you have prepared for me'. and 'You have made me a little lower than than the Angels.

Apostle Paul says that Christ is the fullness of divinity dwelling on earth physically in the body called Jesus.

T.B.C
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by Anas09: 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
Maamin:

Hmmm, you must be certain of the true denomination going to heaven. If you know any, point me towards the direction wink
Who said anything about denomination and those going to heaven. I am not an advocate of denominations. Although i am not against it as all denominations are Cells in the body of Christ. But, JW is not a denomination, but a sect or a religion of its own using the word of God as a cover, but denying the divinity of the Lord of all the Heaven and earth.
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by jubianose(m): 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2018
Anas09:
CONT.
While on the Cross, the Substance left the body, becos the substance = divine, can not be joined to sin, and natural human body carried the sins of men and cried out 'My God, My God why... Again, if the substance had not separated from the natural body of Jesus, He wouldn't have died, because substances doesn't die.

The substance entered back into the natural body and it got up from the grave. Jehovah and Immanuel = God with us, are not two separate entities. That's why He kept saying 'I and my father and one. I am inside my father and my father is inside of me. If you have seen me, then you have seen my Father.

@OneJ, the case here is not the same with an earthly human Father sharing looks or inheritances.

If you read the book of Apostle John, you'd see Jesus practicably saying He is God.

TBC

Dear Ana...
you are indeed a true student of the Word. Continue to rightly divide the Word of Truth..
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by OneJ: 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2018
Anas09:
CONT.

TBC

U said "Jesus practically saying he is God"
Jesus himself said U dey here dey lie lie.
"..I said 'I am God's son'" John 10:34-36.

"I testify that this is the son of God" John 1:34. John 1:14,18. 3:16,36. 6:46.
"I am returning to my Father and your Father, my God and your God." John 20:18.

"Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples,which are not recorded in this book.
But these were written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the SON OF GOD. & by believing you may have life in his name" John 20:30,31.

"I am in my Father,and you are in me and I am in you" John 14:20.
Yahweh, Jesus & his apostles are one, form Trinity. Jesus words are very straight forward.

Jesus is a God, the son & servant of Yahweh, the God of Abraham, (Acts3:13,26. John 1:1,2. Ps82:6. ) He is not Yahweh/ Jehovah (Ps83:18. Matt 16:13-17.).
Pull the wool out of your eyes & heart , then U will see through falsehood called Trinity.
Shalom.
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by Anas09: 11:59pm On Oct 15, 2018
OneJ:

"Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples,which are not recorded in this book.
But these were written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the SON OF GOD. & by believing you may have life in his name" John 20:30,31.

Yahweh, Jesus & his apostles are one, form Trinity. Jesus words are very straight forward.

Jesus is a God, the son & servant of Yahweh, the God of Abraham, (Acts3:13,26. John 1:1,2. Ps82:6. ) He is not Yahweh/ Jehovah (Ps83:18. Matt 16:13-17.).
Pull the wool out of your eyes & heart , then U will see through falsehood called Trinity.
Shalom.
Hahshahahahshsa. Oh Wow. The Watchtower man can not see beyond his nose.

Guy, tell me why Jesus took up all of YHWH's attributes. Did you miss that part.
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by Anas09: 12:00am On Oct 16, 2018
jubianose:

Dear Ana...
you are indeed a true student of the Word. Continue to rightly divide the Word of Truth..
Study to show yourself approved unto God...
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 16, 2018
Jesus' command to His own followers says "GO" and the first century Christians were known for preaching and teaching "from house to house".Matthew 10:12,Act 20:20 Whoever has anything tangible to say regarding the Kingdom can only hint others few points but after we're able to touch hearts we direct them to the organization by telling them to go back home and find Jehovah's Witnesses in their neighborhood for more information about the kingdom good news.
Arguments is worthless because those who are disposed for arguments targets just one thing "make others feel inferior". Christians are to make a meaningful debate where you listen attentively to the other person to know the motive. If the other person wants to know then give little hints and direct him/her to God's organization but if it's just to argue take your leave! 1Timothy 6:4,Philippians 2:14,Titus 3:9,Colossians 2:4 compared to Proverbs 17:14
Preaching and teaching about God's Kingdom is not to be done without a face to face arrangement, because we're to teach by examples and you can only do so if the one learning is seeing the practical applications through you. That's why no religion can stand Jehovah's Witnesses since they have so many enemies in their neighborhood upon whom they're always laying curses so they find it hard to preach in their neighborhood! True Christians are not like that because we must always present ourselves as messengers of the kingdom having NOTHING to be ashamed of. 2Timothy 2:15 undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by OneJ: 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
Anas09:

Guy, tell me why Jesus took up all of YHWH's attributes. Did you miss that part.

Anas LIAR !
U resorted to frame "Jesus took up all of YHWH's attributes" to cover up the verbal somersaults of her Trinity peddling crew.

"For even as the Father (Yahweh) has life in Himself & is self -existent,so HE (Yahweh) has GIVEN TO THE SON to have life in himself......And HE (Yahweh) has GIVEN HIM (his son,Jesus ) authority & granted him power"
John 5:26,27.

"Jesus ...said to them 'All authority in heaven & on earth HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME...."
Matt 28:18.
Jesus himself made mockery of the falsehood U guys been peddling about him.
Yahweh gave Christ all the attributes & everything that Christ possesses. (Every Son has the attributes of his father, U no get brain?)
Christ Jesus can never be the same God who gave him power & authority.

LIAR Anas , receive sense.
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by OneJ: 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
Anas09:

Anas LIAR !
Your crafty resort to frame "Jesus took up all of YHWH's attributes" to cover up the verbal somersaults of her Trinity peddling crew will not help U.

"For even as the Father (Yahweh) has life in Himself & is self -existent,so HE (Yahweh) has GIVEN TO THE SON to have life in himself......And HE (Yahweh) has GIVEN HIM (his son,Jesus ) authority & granted him power"

"Jesus ...said to them 'All authority in heaven & on earth HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME...."
Yahweh gave Christ all the attributes & everything that Christ possesses. (Every Son has the attributes of his father, U no get brain?)

Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by OneJ: 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2018
[quote
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by OneJ: 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2018
"God (Yahweh) made him (Jesus) both Lord and Christ" Acts 2:36.
Christ was given all the attributes & titles he bears.
Mumu doctrine of men (Trinity)can never withstand the rigorous scrutiny of God's word.
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by OneJ: 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2018
OneJ:

Shalom.

No one can twist or distort the Living word of God.
She craftily sidestepped these Gospel truths in her bid to cling on to her cherished falsehood.
Qwantinu to deceive yourself.
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by Anas09: 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
OneJ:

Anas LIAR !
Your crafty resort to frame "Jesus took up all of YHWH's attributes" to cover up the verbal somersaults of her Trinity peddling crew will not help U.

Yep, with your head stuck deep inside watchtower, you'd never see.

You have eyes but you see not. Enjoy man.
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by OneJ: 1:46am On Oct 17, 2018
Anas09:

Yep, with your head stuck deep inside watchtower, you'd never see.

You have eyes but you see not. Enjoy man.

Nairalanders, U can all see that she resorted to throwing shade. Na their way.
the gospel truth which Jesus himself affirmed is that Yahweh gave him power & authority in heaven & on earth.
The fables of gods of men & pastorpreneurs have done much harm than good.
Receive sense.
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by Maamin(m): 1:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
Anas09:

Who said anything about denomination and those going to heaven. I am not an advocate of denominations. Although i am not against it as all denominations are Cells in the body of Christ. But, JW is not a denomination, but a sect or a religion of its own using the word of God as a cover, but denying the divinity of the Lord of all the Heaven and earth.

OK! smiley
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by OneJ: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
jubianose:

Exactly.....

The Father God (Jehovah) manifested physically in the person of Jesus Christ in Human form. 1 Tim 3:16...

You are right Ana..

Peddler of falsehood.
Ignorance is bliss. Your lie no get foundation anywhere in the holy scripture.
1 Tim3:16 (KJV, GB, YLT) is a certified forgery in a few Bible translations.

The word "God was in the flesh " is not in the older Greek manuscript of that verse 16. Early Church fathers NEVER referred to it before the 4th century CE.

(RSV,NWT ,NIV etc).
"He who appeared in the flesh" is the authentic rendition.
www.trinitytruth.org/1timothy3-16-isjesusgod.html

Open your heart & shine your eyes.
Shalom.
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by CAPTIVATOR: 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Anas09:
CONT.

TBC
As usual , here you are teaching blunders . not a single scripture

Show me the scripture that said a Substance left Jesus body ?

If it left, where was the substance between Jesus death and ressurection ?

Reply with scripture
Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by jubianose(m): 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
OneJ:

Peddler of falsehood.
Ignorance is bliss. Your lie no get foundation anywhere in the holy scripture.
1 Tim3:16 (KJV, GB, YLT) is a certified forgery in a few Bible translations.

The word "God was in the flesh " is not in the older Greek manuscript of that verse 16. Early Church fathers NEVER referred to it before the 4th century CE.

(RSV,NWT ,NIV etc).
"He who appeared in the flesh" is the authentic rendition.
www.trinitytruth.org/1timothy3-16-isjesusgod.html

Open your heart & shine your eyes.
Shalom.

Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by OneJ: 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
[quote author=jubianose post=72197485][/quote]

John 14:9,10 that U quoted in your screenshot compared with John 14:20 :
" .... I am in my Father ,and you are in me, and I am in you..."

Going by your claim in John 14:9,10 that Jesus is God Almighty , it means that in John 14:20 ,Jesus said that Yahweh, Christ & his apostles is the same one God.
U can not cherry pick John 14:9,10 & exclude/ignore John 14:20. It is dubious to do so.

Jesus settled the matter in John 6:46,
"NO ONE HAS SEEN THE FATHER (Yahweh), except the one who is from God; Only he has seen the Father (Yahweh)"
(I know say U understand English well well)

My question for U: Did Jesus contradict himself "I am in the Father ( Jn14:9,10), "No one has seen the Father" ( Jn14:20)?

Re: Is The Soul Immortal ? by OneJ: 12:12am On Oct 19, 2018
OneJ:

John 14:9,10 that U quoted in your screenshot compared with John 14:20 :
" .... I am in my Father ,and you are in me, and I am in you..."

Going by your claim in John 14:9,10 that Jesus is God Almighty , it means that in John 14:20 ,Jesus said that Yahweh, Christ & his apostles is the same one God.
U can not cherry pick John 14:9,10 & exclude/ignore John 14:20. It is dubious to do so.

Jesus settled the matter in John 6:46,
"NO ONE HAS SEEN THE FATHER (Yahweh), except the one who is from God; Only he has seen the Father (Yahweh)"
(I know say U understand English well well)

My question for U: Did Jesus contradict himself "I am in the Father ( Jn14:9,10), "No one has seen the Father" ( Jn14:20)?

No dull yourself.
John 14:1 ,Jesus said, "..Trust in God; Trust also in me". Two distinct entities. Not the same God.

What is Jesus actually teaching us in John 14:9,10?

This is it....
"Whoever accepts anyone I send,and whoever accepts me, accepts the One who sent me" John 13:20, Matt 10:40.

"My teaching is not my own. It comes from Him (Yahweh) who sent me" John 7:16.

Jesus represented the Father, Almighty God,Yahweh. Christ did not say nor imply that he is Yahweh. We represent Jesus. We are not Christ Jesus himself. When U see us & accept the good news of God's coming kingdom, U have seen Christ & his message.
2 Cor 5:20. Matt11:27.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheists,we Are Tired Of Old Argument.what Is The Logic Behind Atheism? / Future Map Of The World / Islam Is GOD Almighty's Original Religion To All Of Mankind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.