Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (1255 Views)

looking for the best ICT Center To Acquire pratical Skills In Kaduna / Learn a Skill that will PAY YOU for the rest of your life / Why Every Nigerian Lady Must Learn A Skill. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
Re: . by Tankado: 5:05am On Sep 18, 2018
Learning a skill is actually advised because you've had a useless education. I am sorry to burst your bubble.

But that's reality, baby.

There's this guy called Ryan Holiday. He is an American writer who dropped out of college. What did he do to stand out?

He learnt a skill. SOLID RESEARCH SKILLS. He used these skills to get research assistant jobs with writers like Robert Greene(48 Laws of Power) and Tim Ferriss. His skills got him a job, not his degree. These skills also enabled him to earn over $100,000 via his own books.

So, you see learning a skill is great advice, because it helps you stand out. And provide VALUE!!!
Re: . by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 18, 2018
Tankado:
Learning a skill is actually advised because you've had a useless education. I am sorry to burst your bubble.

There's this guy called Ryan Holiday. He is an American writer who dropped out of college. What did he do to stand out?

He learnt a skill. SOLID RESEARCH SKILLS. He used these skills to get research assistant jobs with writers like Robert Greene(48 Laws of Power) and Tim Ferriss. His skills got him a job, not his degree. These skills also enabled him to earn over $100,000 via his own books.

So, you see learning a skill is great advice, because it helps you stand out. And provide VALUE!!!
Whose bubble ar u bursting? Lol, we can come back 2 dat later. Tnx 4 d comment tho, but i wudnt like u 2 compare America stuff with this, dis is Nigeria, d situation of tinz here is different, it wud b good if u can give example of dis kinda person here in Nigeria.
Re: . by NDakota: 10:45am On Sep 18, 2018
Go to Fiverr, Upwork, you'll be shocked.

There are many Nigerians living off freelancing.

And how do you earn from freelancing? By learning a skill, of course.
Re: . by divinelove(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2018
sherylbakky:

I know majority of us have found ourselves in this situation:
After seeking for admission into tertiary institution for some years, you later get into an institution luckily at the end of the day . It might not really be the institution of your choice, might not even be the course of your choice, but without any other option left, you just have to take it that way.
Now, after graduating, another struggle begins...... JOB HUNTING
This is the stage where different people will start coming to your life with different ideas.
Ideas like : Why not acquire a skill?
Why not learn a trade?
Why not start a business?
These ideas are mostly given to Ladies. Why is this so? This should be answered by the folks.
I understand what we are going through in the country, but do you really think any of these above ideas is the best for a graduate, especially one who is not from a wealthy background?
LET'S DISCUSS.....feel free to share your experience

no body is talking about it being the best but at least you need to earn a living and stop depending on people ESP your parents for everything.

also you never kW what is the best until you try

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2018
divinelove:

no body is talking about it being the best but at least you need to earn a living and stop depending on people ESP your parents for everything.

Nice point
Re: . by CardonEZEEGO: 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2018
I am Cardon and pple call me Ezeego just because I know how to write sales stuff. If you bring any product to me for sell, believe me without 5mins I'll know what to write as advert and pple will rush. Though I don't learn it at all, I thinks it's my talent and I've decided to start posting on Nairaland on how to sell anything. Stay updated and you can follow me as well
Re: . by Philtrust: 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2018
Get your upwork account approved within 10mins Free 12 samples of jobs winning proposals Approved upwork foreign Account 1year Nord premium VPN of for grab
Whatsapp 07068612611
Re: . by Philtrust: 6:54am On Sep 20, 2018
Get your upwork account approved within 10mins Free 12 samples of jobs winning proposals Approved upwork foreign Account 1year Nord premium VPN of for grab
Whatsapp 07068612611
Re: . by kunleweb: 7:42pm On May 07, 2019
Tankado:

Nice
Re: . by PointBlankFOREX: 2:11am On May 08, 2019
divinelove:

you sure have a point but I'm with the op on this one.. Of course everyone can't learn a skill, some people actually prefer sitting behind a desk.. For the average Nigerian graduate though in this harsh economy, in this country of "man know man" , in this country where jobs are like drops of water when compared to the number of graduates out there who are in need of a drink, then learning a skill is their best bet.. A skill pays you for life all one has gotta do is just choose that particular skill he/she can be able to assimilate and be very good at it.. It could be web designing, graphic design, fashion designing or even Forex e.t.c.. These skills are sure to pay you better than most salary jobs can in the long run.. I think I should recommend a book for you though by name "rich dad poor dad" by Robert kiyosaki..
Reading that book would open your eyes to the very chains enslaving most graduates today which is "leveraging your precious time for peanuts"...
Like I said, I agree with the op on this one.... wink

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Is Recruiting / Hr@fidson.com Is Not Going Thru! HELP! / A+ Certification Versus CCNA (nigerian Context)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.