Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,163 members, 7,807,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) (4386 Views)

Conversion Electrician For Kia Rio 2012 Needed / I Need HP Offers For Kia Rio 2012-2014 Model In Abuja / Kia Rio 2012 For Sale 550k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, I greet thee all...

So, I'm making plans to purchase a car soon, and I thought it wise to consult all the car gurus and fellow nairalanders. I have always admired the Kia Rio (mainly because of their stylish exteriors and interiors). The one that catches my fancy most is the Kia Rio (2012) pictured below:

What do you think of this car? I know so many Nigerians believe in Toyota and Honda. I've read reviews about Kia on the web and I know they have a not-so-good history, but they started making amends from the 2010 model I think. So, is this a good option? I Like the Toyota Corolla 2007 LE (I know everyone will praise it), but I hate the design (both interior and exterior). Lol.

Kindly leave your honest reviews, especially about the Kia. Thank you.

Cc:
Lalasticlala
kakakibuy
CarGuideNG
TrumpDonald2
BamiAutos
Bestrides
bigdeals
Ykmotors

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 18, 2018
Recommendations?
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by ITbomb(m): 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2018
In March, I had to choose between Hyundai 2013 Naija used and Corolla 2004 toks (yeah, every mechanic's favorite).
8 months down, I have not regretted the my Hyundai choice.

Go for your modern ride, maintain it well and pray God to give you a good mechanic for maintenance and oil change.
A Hyundai mechanic is at home with Kia.
Avoid Corolla ONLY mechanics (Corolla can withstand all trials and errors plus all rubbish parts thrown at it, Kia and Hyundai would insist on diagnostic and good parts replacement)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
ITbomb:
In March, I had to choose between Hyundai 2013 Naija used and Corolla 2004 toks (yeah, every mechanic's favorite).

Go for your modern ride, maintain it well and pray God to give you a good mechanic for maintenance and oil change.
Avoid Corolla ONLY mechanics (Corolla can withstand all trials and errors plus all rubbish parts thrown at it, Kia and Hyundai would insist on diagnostic and good parts replacement)
Thanks bro. I appreciate.
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2018
ITbomb:

I'd seriously question your intelligence if you bought the Corolla.

8 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

You abhor the corolla
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:22pm On Sep 19, 2018
MasterRahl:
You abhor the corolla

With passion, Lord Rahl.

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Readonee35L(m): 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

You think different doesnt mean others do.
There are many Toyota sheeps in nigeria even the so called car gurus some of them are toyota sheeps and will pick the corolla.
You'd hear excuses like . toyota is strong
Hyundai is like plastic any small thing he go just press . i wonder if they intend to ram a brickwall with it .

7 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

With passion, Lord Rahl.
Hahahahahaha. What's your advice on a budget car for a guy in his 20s?
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:22am On Sep 20, 2018
MasterRahl:
Hahahahahaha. What's your advice on a budget car for a guy in his 20s?

Budget?

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by chuka5000(m): 12:49am On Sep 21, 2018
the kia Rio 013 is a very good car, and cannot be compared in any way to that old junk of a corolla u put beside it.
apart from the engine cost (500k) its one of the best and easy to maintain cars and the engine hardly develop faults as long as u oil change regularly.

if u wanna buy it please try get the one with a temperature gauge on the dashboard (some don't have, only gat signal lights)
although if the engine overheats for any reason, it'll shut down and will only start when its cool again.

I no know weda them use Toyota swear for naija

7 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 22, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Budget?
Economy car
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Nobody: 2:13am On Sep 22, 2018
Readonee35L:

You think different doesnt mean others do.
There are many Toyota sheeps in nigeria even the so called car gurus some of them are toyota sheeps and will pick the corolla.
You'd hear excuses like . toyota is strong
Hyundai is like plastic any small thing he go just press . i wonder if they intend to ram a brickwall with it .
grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Nobody: 2:14am On Sep 22, 2018
chuka5000:
the kia Rio 013 is a very good car, and cannot be compared in any way to that old junk of a corolla u put beside it.
apart from the engine cost (500k) its one of the best and easy to maintain cars and the engine hardly develop faults as long as u oil change regularly.

if u wanna buy it please try get the one with a temperature gauge on the dashboard (some don't have, only gat signal lights)
although if the engine overheats for any reason, it'll shut down and will only start when its cool again.

I no know weda them use Toyota swear for naija
Alright bro
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Dreamflyin(m): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
This Kia has a potent issue - heating.
Cause - the AC condenser is a few inches off the plastic radiator.
The car front base is not steel, but fibre. With time on bumps and bad roads, it pushes the radiator towards the hot AC condenser, and it melts it. Water seeps out and pum! overheat, and knocked engine.

It's a very good car, but if you're always in the look out for this flaw, it's a superb fast far - the 6 speed manual.

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
Dreamflyin:
This Kia has a potent issue - heating.
Cause - the AC condenser is a few inches off the plastic radiator.
The car front base is not steel, but fibre. With time on bumps and bad roads, it pushes the radiator towards the hot AC condenser, and it melts it. Water seeps out and pum! overheat, and knocked engine.

It's a very good car, but if you're always in the look out for this flaw, it's a superb fast far - the 6 speed manual.

>Kia Rio
>Fast car

Choose one.

1 Like

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by snipesdam(m): 4:12pm On Nov 02, 2018
The (made in Korea) 2012 Rio engine is reliable with good maintenance. The suspensions very unreliable.

I have driven the car and honestly i don't like it. @120km i struggled to keep manoeuvre the car while dodging potholes.

Its brakes aren't as efficient as that of a corolla. But its 2018 Model made in mexico is well built overall much better.

I'm telling u from experience, you ask a reliable kia sales man. Not all of its 2012 model comes with Airbag, also confirm ABS too.

I once drove the rio 2012 on a rough terrain very softly and still made out with a bumped radiator. Radiator cover beneath or so was made with plastic. Unlike the 05 corolla which has steel cover under the hood.

My opinion and experience. Your money your choice

One thing i hate cars produced these days is the plastic used to cover under the hood. I guess auto makers don't think of the state of our Nigerian bad roads. undecided
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by chuka5000(m): 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2018
snipesdam:
The (made in Korea) 2012 Rio engine is reliable with good maintenance. The suspensions very unreliable.

I have driven the car and honestly i don't like it. @120km i struggled to keep manoeuvre the car while dodging potholes.

Its brakes aren't as efficient as that of a corolla. But its 2018 Model made in mexico is well built overall much better.

I'm telling u from experience, you ask a reliable kia sales man. Not all of its 2012 model comes with Airbag, also confirm ABS too.

I once drove the rio 2012 on a rough terrain very softly and still made out with a bumped radiator. Radiator cover beneath or so was made with plastic. Unlike the 05 corolla which has steel cover under the hood.

My opinion and experience. Your money your choice

One thing i hate cars produced these days is the plastic used to cover under the hood. I guess auto makers don't think of the state of our Nigerian bad roads. undecided

u should have bought an armoured vehicle as u want to be bumping on high speed and also hit other cars and objects without denting ur car.

Nigerians sef

further more I hope u know the Rio is meant to be a cheap town car and not for traveling hence the absence of airbag and it's not meant for high speed, by the way who wanna be hitting top speed with those little tyres. u get mind o bros

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by snipesdam(m): 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
chuka5000:

u should have bought an armoured vehicle as u want to be bumping on high speed and also hit other cars and objects without denting ur car.

Nigerians sef

further more I hope u know the Rio is meant to be a cheap town car and not for traveling hence the absence of airbag and it's not meant for high speed, by the way who wanna be hitting top speed with those little tyres. u get mind o bros

I bet u didn't understand a bit of what i said. Why wouldn't a passenger airbag be installed in a modern day car? So because its a town car i shouldn't travel with it. Wey u from sef Silicon Valley?

I drove through a rough terrain very slowly read again. Would i intentionally go messing up the car? Like asked again maybe you live in Silicon Valley metchew...

Why can't a simple town car handle very well @120km. Even a golf 1999 or Mini Coper does better. That Rio 2012 is trash.

My friend you know nothing!!!

4 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:39am On Nov 03, 2018
snipesdam:

I bet u didn't understand a bit of what i said. Why wouldn't a passenger airbag be installed in a modern day car? So because its a town car i shouldn't travel with it. Wey u from sef Silicon Valley?

I drove through a rough terrain very slowly read again. Would i intentionally go messing up the car? Like asked again maybe you live in Silicon Valley metchew...

Why can't a simple town car handle very well @120km. Even a golf 1999 or Mini Coper does better. That Rio 2012 is trash.

Not sure why you even replied, that comment is hilariously stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by chuka5000(m): 9:26am On Nov 03, 2018
snipesdam:

I didn't insult so I wonder where the F---k word and silicon valley came from.

anyway, it shows ur age.
so sorry boss

2 Likes

Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by snipesdam(m): 10:25am On Nov 03, 2018
chuka5000:

I didn't insult so I wonder where the F---k word and silicon valley came from.

anyway, it shows ur age.
so sorry boss

Brother bros, how does what the f--K with a question mark becomes an insult? I'm just surprised a town car can't be used to drive 300 miles road trip. Maybe you know nothing of Silicon Valley undecided
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Skiilashi(m): 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2019
ITbomb:

Can your recommend a good Hyundai mechanic for Me?
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by olumzzz(m): 9:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
Skiilashi:

Can your recommend a good Hyundai mechanic for Me?
Try oga Gazzuzz, he opened my eyes on how to properly care for my elantra
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by Kayharry(m): 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
Re: Your Opinion On The Kia Rio 2012 (automatic) by neynandzhongdi1: 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2023
For those on the hunt for a reliable used car that won't break the bank, the Kia Rio 2012 could be an excellent choice. This 2012 Kia Rio review will help you decide if this model is right for you. This car has a sleek, modern look that will turn heads. With its low ride height, the Rio is easy to maneuver around tight city streets.

This car has a sleek, modern look that will turn heads. With its low ride height, the Rio is easy to maneuver around tight city streets. The cabin is spacious and features good-quality materials. Higher trim levels offer additional luxuries such as leather upholstery and a sunroof.

The cabin is spacious and features good-quality materials. Higher trim levels offer additional luxuries such as leather upholstery and a sunroof. The engine is mated to a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic transmission.

Safety is also a priority in the Rio.

The engine is mated to a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic transmission.

Safety is also a priority in the Rio. Higher trim levels offer additional safety features such as blind spot monitoring and rear parking sensors. It offers a great combination of style, comfort, and performance, all at an affordable price.

Higher trim levels offer additional safety features such as blind spot monitoring and rear parking sensors. It offers a great combination of style, comfort, and performance, all at an affordable price.

It offers a great combination of style, comfort, and performance, all at an affordable price.

To learn more, read this detailed review of the Kia Rio 2012 at topratedreviews_great-site_net/2023/06/13/kia-rio-2012-review-of-popular-cars-in-nigeria/..

(1) (Reply)

BRAKE FLUID REPLACEMENT may be RECOMMENDED PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE for you! / Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East / Vw Touareg!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.