Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,757 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

My Village Prince And I - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Village Prince And I (32471 Views)

My Madam And I (part Two) / The Prince And The Siren / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Village Prince And I by Ann2012(f): 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
Reunion things

Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 25, 2019
Nice one
Re: My Village Prince And I by Megamercy(m): 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2019
Waw great indeed, thanks for the update.
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
wow!!! op well done
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 2:35pm On Feb 26, 2019
My village prince and I
Sequence 23.
Continues..
AFAMEFUNA POV
I stood face to face with the only woman that has been able to give me sleepless nights, I still believe I was dreaming and I really don’t want to wake up from this dream, I looked at Victor who was just standing there smiling.
VICTOR: I will leave you two to mingle.
He said this and went inside the house leaving us alone, we both stood there not knowing who to make the first move.
AMARACHI POV
I can’t believe I am seeing Afamefuna after so many weeks, I just stood there looking at him not really knowing what to do, I so wanted to hold him and tell him how much I have missed him but yet the hurt and hatred I felt won’t give that part of my heart to win, if only it has been some weeks ago, if only, but now I don’t really know what I felt, after everything I finally met the man that made me set foot on Lagos soil, I just stared at him with many thoughts in my head, I can’t help but noticed how pale he has become, was he sick, that was the only question that needed answer that minutes.
He started moving towards me, oh how my heart bounce as he got closer to me, I can now feel his breath, I lower my eyes away from his because I might lose myself if I look any longer but the next thing that follows melted my soul, he hugged me, I felt his warmness all over my body, I wanted to reciprocate the hug but I stopped myself.
AFAMEFUNA: I missed you, I missed you so much.
His voice was just like before, this brought smile to my face but i won’t want him to see this, i didn’t know what was going on in his mind right now, we were like that in silent for a long time and I knew if we don’t disengage I might loose myself.
AFAMEFUNA POV
I should be happy and excited that I have found Amarachi but yet I don’t feel complete, sometimes was wrong with this feeling and I don’t know why, I thought our coming together will be sometime out of the blues but when I hugged her and she didn’t reciprocate I knew things were different, even when I told her I missed her hoping to get same reply but silent was what followed, the only thing she said that minutes was that she needed to sleep, she couldn’t even look me in the eyes, was she angry with me or has she found someone else, those were the question I have been asking myself ever since she left the sitting room, I had to call Victor so he can fit up somewhere she can stay, I went to the wine bar and poured myself a glass of whiskey, I really needed it so badly, she didn’t even turned to look at me when she was leaving with Victor, I just felt I have lost her.
VICTOR: whoa, whiskey?.
Victor came and joined me in the wine bar.
VICTOR: she settling in.
AFAMEFUNA: yea, that’s good.
I took a zip from my drink.
AFAMEFUNA: how did you fined her.
Victor told me everything that happened and I was seriously surprised in the turn of events, she was just under our nose all this while and we never knew, such is life, what you are looking for is always closer to you than you thought.
AFAMEFUNA: thanks men for everything.
VICTOR: you will do same for me but I don’t understand this, Amarachi is back you should be happy but here you are doing this.
AFAMEFUNA: you are right I should be happy but guess what am not.
VICTOR: but why.
AFAMEFUNA: when I saw her believe me I was the happiest man on earth but when I hugged her and she didn’t respond I don’t know.
VICTOR: maybe she is just tired.
AFAMEFUNA: yea I am trying so hard to believe that myself, what if she has grown to hate me.
VICTOR: why will you think that.
AFAMEFUNA: with everything that has happened to her since she met me, who wouldn’t hate me, she has passed through a lot because of me, she was almost killed by my father.
I don’t know but I just couldn’t hold back my tear.
VICTOR: yet it’s still because of you she is alive, Nnamdi saved her because of you, I helped her because of you, she has passed through a lot so as you, you gave everything to look for her that is how much you love her and now she is right there, you just need to get your love back.
AFAMEFUNA: I can’t, I can’t force her to love me, she is not happy to see me, she didn’t even wish to see me, its all written in her eyes, I shouldn’t have left her, I shouldn’t have left her.
VICTOR: Afamefuna
AFAMEFUNA: you don’t understand.
I shouted throwing the glass cup on the wall that broke to pieces.
AFAMEFUNA: my father has messed everything up for me and for her, I have messed everything for her, I thought if I found her everything will go back to normal, but how can it be normal when she has lost her mother for this cause, when she was almost raped for this cause, she could have become a murderer for this cause, when she will never return to her village or even to see her mother’s grave for this same cause, all because I was a coward, running away when I was supposed to be there, to fight for her, to be there for her but no I was running and it caused her everything.
VICTOR: Afam.
AFAMEFUNA: please Victor, I want to be left alone.
I took the bottle of whiskey and walked away heading to my room, my blood was boiling and I was dying of regret, if only I could turn back the hands of time but it’s too late and if Amarachi refused to be mine I will let her go, she didn’t deserve someone like me.
VICTOR POV
This wasn’t happening, after everything that I have went through to get them together this is what I get, I hate seeing my friend this way, he has passed through a lot since Amarachi went missing and finding Amarachi became his only reason for living, he refused to return to the state or to the village without finding Amarachi but now things didn’t go the way I planned, I just want my friend to be happy because he deserves it and since Amarachi was his happiness then Amarachi he will get.
To be continued..
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Megamercy(m): 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2019
well done op, these 2 love birds dun see themselves come dy do shakara. if I flog them eeeh
Re: My Village Prince And I by Comygino: 8:59am On Mar 01, 2019
This story is so nice...well done.please more, more, I hope soon.
Re: My Village Prince And I by maxxy26: 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
Op,abeg Wire Us Another Update Nah
Re: My Village Prince And I by temig(f): 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
viciyoung abeg update now
Re: My Village Prince And I by felixawe(m): 7:28pm On Mar 05, 2019
Thank you so much, please dont keep us waiting delay is killing it
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
My village prince and I
Sequence 24.
Continues from Victor pov
I matched to the room I gave to Amarachi I needed to talk to her, she might be angry with Afamefuna as he had said, maybe for the things she has gone through but even at that she should understand that both of them were in the same pain, I gently knocked on the door, she ushered me in, I took a deep breath and opened the door.
AMARACHI: please come in.
VICTOR: Thanks.
I entered and close the door behind me, she was sitting on the bed, she has changed her clothes that showed maybe she took her bath.
VICTOR: sorry for disturbing you.
AMARACHI: no you are not, I have not have the time to thank you for everything you did and still doing for me.
VICTOR: you don’t need to mention, I can do a lot of things for my friend Afamefuna.
She lower her head, I have noticed she is fond of doing that, I took few step close to her.
VICTOR: you know when I saw you I knew I have met you somewhere, it took me some time to remember exactly the place, do you know where.
She looked up at me.
VICTOR: in a photograph.
I sat on her side, on the bed.
VICTOR: Afamefuna was going crazy after coming back from the village and was told you were almost killed if not for Nnamdi that rescued you and sent you here to Lagos, we had search for you in every motor park we could think of around Lagos but yet nothing, then I haven’t met you or seen you just the wonderful words told by Afamefuna about you and I concluded you were someone to waste my time in searching for.
I looked at her, she was listening.
VICTOR: we had looked for you for almost two days until we decided to use the police, that was when I saw this pic.
I opened my phone and gave it to her, she took it from me looking at the picture before her, a smile appeared on her face.
VICTOR: that was the only pic he has of you and he cherish it with his life, look I know you been through a lot for this passed weeks and you have lost somuch too but believe me, Afamefuna has not felt better knowing you were out there all by yourself, he punished himself day and night blaming himself for everything you went through.
I saw tear in her eyes.
VICTOR: Afamefuna loves you, he can go any length to make you happy, I know that he can’t bring your mother back but he doesn’t deserve this, he is a victim just like you, after everything both of you have passed through you both are finally here will you allow your past to judge your future, he is your future and you are his, after everything there is no doubt both of you are met to be, I know you are angry with him but will you throw away this feeling because of some anger you are feeling towards him, do you want to let those people that put both of you in this path win.
AMARACHI: it hurts, my mother was all I had.
VICTOR: now he is all you have.
I took her hands.
VICTOR: he is heart broken just like you, and two broken are just the right ones to make a perfect heart, he is probably drinking himself to stupor as we speak.
AMARACHI: but that bad for his health, he is pale.
VICTOR: oh you observed, now you know I am not lying when I said he is also suffering.
AMARACHI: what should I do.
VICTOR: go to him, both of you need each other.
She nodded in agreement, I was so happy I was able to get through to her, after about two minutes of silent she got up.
AMARACHI: can you show me where he is.
VICTOR: with pleasure.
I got up and together we headed to Afamefuna room.
VICTOR: I have to leave now, you got this.
AMARACHI: thank you.
I smiled at her and walked away, I pray this work.
AMARACHI POV
I was standing in front of Afamefuna door, Victor words really got to me, I had just realized I had been selfish thinking I was the only one suffering, I now felt guilty for behaving so self centered, hearing he has been searching for me non stop was unbelievable, never knew he cared for me that much, who could have thought he had a picture of me that alone was sweet, I knocked at the door twice and got no response, I was now scared hope he hasn’t harm himself.
AMARACHI: my prince, it’s me Amarachi.
I said giving out a loud breath, just like magic the door opened and Afamefuna face came to view, his eyes were reddish indicating a lot of crying had been done.
AMARACHI: can I come in.
He didn’t say a word but opened the door widely for me to enter which I did, the smell of alcohol got my breath, Victor was so right, the room was a little dark because it was dark already and the light in the room was coming from the bathroom light because the door was not locked.
AMARACHI: hey
I said immediately I turned to face him, I really don’t know what to say as my mouth was not able to open to say anything.
AFAMEFUNA: Am sorry.
He beat me to it.
AFAMEFUNA: Am sorry for becoming your friend even when Nnamdi, my mother, all told me to stay away from you.
I knew he was finding it hard to say those words to me, using all his strength to say it.
AFAMEFUNA: I should have listen to you too when you told me we were not supposed to be friends, am really sorry for being stubborn and selfish, and I am really really really really sorry for leaving you after putting you in a mess, am sorry for betraying you, for the lies.
We both were crying now, my heart was beginning to bleed.
AFAMEFUNA: and I am really sorry for not being there when you needed me, am sorry for your mother’s death, I should have been around, I should been there and am so sorry.
I places my hand on his lip shutting him up because I couldn’t take it any longer.
AMARACHI: it’s all my fault, I was the one that pushed you always when you came by to tell me how much you cared, I was the one that wasn’t there, you accepted me for who I was not minding what others said but yet I was thinking you didn’t deserved me where as I was the one that didn’t deserved you, you are perfect but I am nothing.
He removed my hand from his mouth.
AFAMEFUNA: you can never be nothing to me, you are everything I had hoped for and loving you will always be what I want to do.
He touched my cheek, I felt something I haven’t felt before I don’t know how I would describe it but it was pure.
AMARACHI : kiss me.
I could see the confusion in his eyes, yes he should me even I was confused of what i said, didn’t know when it came out, he stared into my eyes that I was so lost in them.
AFAMEFUNA: should I
Seriously I was not in control of my self anymore, I was still lost in his eyes when he bent his head and placed his lip on mind, it was heaven on earth, it was gentle and good, as it was my first kiss I was happy it was magical, he disengage from the kiss when I didn’t want him to stopped.
AFAMEFUNA: this is your first.
How on earth did he know, was I that bad that he observe it, I shyly looked away from him, didn’t know where all my boldness ran to, he lift my face to his again.
AFAMEFUNA: I love it.
This brought smile to my face, at least he loved it not just like, he kissed me again and this time better and longer than before, and more gentle than the first, he disengage from the kiss and hugged me so tight that I could hear his heartbeat.
AFAMEFUNA : my queen, you will never leave my sight again, ever again.
I felt relax and for once in a long time I felt protected and loved.
To be continued..
Re: My Village Prince And I by Ann2012(f): 10:16pm On Mar 07, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 6:35am On Mar 08, 2019
I thought dy were still doing shakara in this cold weather, op Well done jaree
Re: My Village Prince And I by felixawe(m): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2019
Weldone op
Re: My Village Prince And I by Megamercy(m): 11:02am On Mar 08, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 12:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
My village prince and I
Sequence 25
Continues..
AFAMEFUNA POV
It has been two months since I and Amarachi found each other and I must say things has been going on well for the both of us, I wanted to get ourselves a new apartment to stay but Victor and Amarachi convinced me otherwise telling me to go complete my education that I planned all along but that was my old plans and I don’t need that plan anymore because I got a new one which is to get a solid job here in the city, get married to Amarachi and start my own family, well about staying in Lagos that will be if we decide to live in Nigeria, I have already given up my crown as the Prince, I will rather be just a nobody than be with someone that I won’t find the happiness I want which I have found in Amarachi, I haven’t heard from my parents ever since I came to lagos, I knew they have been trying to look for me in their own way because I think they know better than to force me to return, since I have found my love back I prefer to keep them away from my life, yes that was how much I was angry with them and don’t think I would forgive them that easily.
Amarachi has been coping well with the new changes between us, she seem fine to me and I knew she loves me just the way I do, okey maybe I love her more than the way she does but the most important thing was that we were working on ourselves trying to understand more about us and we were doing great with it, Amarachi was one in a million, she is a good cook, neat and tidy, hardworking and intelligent, I planned on enrolling her into any university of her choice.
Everything was going well until one afternoon when Victor came back from work looking all worried, I was in the sitting room watching a movie The flash season 4 episode 5 that film I love so much, Amarachi was in the kitchen preparing lunch, I was alerted immediately he walked into the sitting.
AFAMEFUNA: hey men, what’s up with you, you are home early.
VICTOR: Afamefuna there is a problem.
AMARACHI POV
I have never in my life felt more peaceful, ever since I met Afamefuna it has been joy and happiness for me, he has done nothing but shower me with love and affection and I wouldn’t ask for more, things has been going well as we have been making plans for our future which Afamefuna thought his parents won’t be in it, though I am not happy with it but what can I do, they rather have my head then let me be with Afamefuna but since both of us has come this long way even I losing my mother at the process I was ready to do anything that I will to stay by his side, call me stupid but it was the truth that is how much I love him, Afamefuna is sweet, gentle and lovely and I am ready to fight for what we share as long as he is beside me.
I was in the kitchen preparing lunch murmuring on a gospel song when I started hearing voices from the sitting room, first I thought it was the movie Afamefuna was watching but the voices was just too familiar, listening closer I recognize the voices and its belongs to Victor and Afamefuna, I wasn’t hearing what they were saying so I decided to go to the sitting room but the moment I entered the sitting room just like they were expecting me both stopped talking, this surprised me a lot as I look from Afamefuna to Victor, both were keeping a straight face not even a smile and I knew the conversation they were having wasn’t a good one.
AMARACHI: is anything the matter.
VICTOR: you need to think about it and she needs to know too.
With this he walked away heading to his room, I stared at Afamefuna still confused.
VICTOR POV
I know Afamefuna has always been this stubborn, how can he be like this after hearing what I told him, after my father gave me that call that morning I couldn’t be myself, so I did the only thing that was best to do by comforting Afamefuna only to be disappointed by his response and asking me to keep it away from Amarachi and pretend I heard nothing was something I couldn’t do, Amarachi has came out to see us arguing, don’t know if she heard our conversation but doubt that because with the way confusion was written all over her face shows other wise but I knew the little message I dropped before I leave will make her to understand or want to understand but it was not in my shoe to say anything so Afamefuna needs to do his job, I opened the door to my room and fell on the bed, needed to rest my troubled heart, didn’t want to visit the hospital soon.
AMARACHI POV
it was now in the night, victor later went out that evening so he didn’t join us for dinner, Afamefuna has been acting weird since the discussion with Victor, I haven’t asked him yet hoping he will tell me but he hasn’t said anything yet, we finished having our dinner and retired to our room, I and Afamefuna don’t share same room but sometimes sleep in each other room, I either come in his room or he will come to mine when ever we want to be in each other arms at night, we have no sexual relationship as we have agreed we will wait still we marry that I don’t even know when it will be, the thought of marriage sometime get me scared as I have heard about a lot of marriage that ended roughly but I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Afamefuna so I had to put my fears aside.
I rested my head at Afamefuna chest as we rest on the bed as he caresses my hair, I always love it when he does that, we have been talking about different things that has been sending us laughing, the event of that day between Victor and him came to my mind so I decided to ask him since he was in a good mood.
AMARACHI: I wanted to ask you something.
AFAMEFUNA: what my queen.
AMARACHI: its about today afternoon between you and Victor, what was that all about.
He went silent, I waited for an answer but got nothing, I raised my head from his cheat and turned to look at him.
AMARACHI: I thought you could want to share with me but you have been silent about it, is there a problem.
AFAMEFUNA: no my queen
He said forcing out a smile which I immediately knew he was trying to hide something.
AFAMEFUNA: it just some guys talk.
AMARACHI: why don’t I believed you.
AFAMEFUNA: my queen, you have to okey, it’s nothing important so now why don’t we sleep.
I hate forcing people to share something they don’t want to, I knew something wasn’t right but I just had to let it go for now, I agreed and rested my head again on his chest this time he has rested comfortably on the bed.
AFAMEFUNA POV
I hate lying to Amarachi but yet I just couldn’t tell her what was going on, when victor came to share the news to me I was not happy with the turn of events but this was Amarachi we were talking about, how on earth was I going to share it with her without hurting her.
I opened my eyes the next morning and Amarachi was not in my arms, she must be in the kitchen, I got up immediately and went to Victor’s room to check up on him, I needed to make him understand because he was angry with me and I don’t blame him for that if only he understands, I got to his door and knocked gently, he answered from inside ushering me in, I opened the door and went in.
To be continued..
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
hmmm what could dy be hiding? op well done
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2019
My village prince and I
Sequence 26
Continues..
AFAMEFUNA POV
Victor was already dressed for work, he was arranging some files in his brief case was I walked in.
VICTOR: hey
AFAMEFUNA: Good morning
VICTOR: Good morning to you.
He locked the case and faced me, I knew he was trying to pretend everything was okay but I have grown to understand him, when he is trying to put on a smiling face in times like this then nothing is right.
AFAMEFUNA: let’s talk about yesterday
VICTOR: what about yesterday
AFAMEFUNA: you know what I am talking about.
VICTOR: I thought you made it clear that you don’t care.
AFAMEFUNA: I do men but how do you expect me to just forget everything they did.
VICTOR: do you realize that it is not left for you to decide.
AFAMEFUNA: I know but they hurt her and that also means hurting me too.
VICTOR: for crying out loud Afam, the people that are suffering now are not the ones that hurt Amarachi or killed her mother, it’s like you didn’t hear me clearly yesterday, I said my father called me to inform me that the ghost of Amarachi mother is terrorizing the village and the church priest said it is only Amarachi that can help, that if they can find you they can find her, now they are looking for you and you and I know you both of you are with me, do you have any idea what that means for me hiding such a big secret that can save a full village and you just want me to pretend nothing is happening.
AFAMEFUNA: I didn’t say that, I just need time to process everything.
VICTOR: there is no time, there is none, don’t you get it.
I went silent, I knew Victor was right but still I just don’t want to accept it.
AFAMEFUNA: look for now I don’t want Amarachi to know what Is happening.
VICTOR: now I ask why, give me one reason why you won’t want her to know.
AFAMEFUNA: how on earth do you want me to explain that her once sweet and caring mother is now a crazy evil ghost hurting everyone around her.
VICTOR: you need to understand that she is a ghost seeking for vengeance and she will do as it pleases her.
AFAMEFUNA: oh you know that and you want me to allow Amarachi to be at the front line.
VICTOR: she alone can stop her ghost.
AFAMEFUNA: and how sure are you about that.
VICTOR: look I don’t know what you are trying to protect but seriously it not Amarachi.
He took his case in anger and walked pass me only to the door.
VICTOR: don’t allow yourself to get in the way of her decision.
He was right I was letting my hurt get in the way, I was angry with my parents for the things they did to Amarachi and I but mostly Amarachi, I don’t know but I just can’t seem to forgive them well maybe because they are my parents so it should hurt more, Victor opened the door only to see Amarachi on at the door, we both froze in seeing her, she wasn’t looking happy and I could tell she might have overheard us because our voices were a little loud.
AMARACHI: I came to tell you breakfast is ready.
With this she walked away more like ran away, with the tone of her voice I knew she was trying to hold back the tear, Victor looked at me then I knew I was in for it.
AMARACHI POV
I wouldn’t believed what I heard, how was that even possible, how can my mother’s ghost be disturbing the whole village, I have gone to Victor’s room to inform him that his breakfast was ready because I knew by that time he will be getting ready for work only to hear the voices of Afamefuna and him, their voices were loud enough for me to hear all what they were talking about even with the door closed, I was dumbfounded and confused didn’t know what to do that minute, Afamefuna was hiding it from me but why, I was still there lost in thought when the door was opened, they were both surprised to see me, I rushed to my room won’t want to break down in front of them, I still can’t believe the village that want me dead are not looking for me to save them after what they caused, they killed my mother now she is taking revenge on them, i entered my room and Afamefuna did too, I didn’t know he was following me, as he stood there quietly I didn’t bother to look at him as I turned my back on him, I didn’t know if I should be angry with him for lying to me and keeping such information from me, he might have a reason but still he should have told me when I asked.
AFAMEFUNA: my queen.
AMARACHI: why didn’t you tell me.
I was crying by now, I couldn’t hold the tear from falling.
AFAMEFUNA: I was trying to prevent this, I didn’t want you to get hurt.
AMARACHI: even at that I deserved to know.
AFAMEFUNA: my queen, am sorry, I thought I was doing the right thing, though I would have told you but didn’t think it was the right time to say it.
I could feel him close to me now, I should be angry with him but I just couldn’t, I knew he was trying to to protect my feelings, I felt his arms wrapped around me.
AFAMEFUNA: am sorry, am so sorry.
AMARACHI: I want to know everything.
AFAMEFUNA: sure
He took me to my bed and we both sat down as he began to tell me everything that he was told by Victor.
Victor later came back that evening from work to explain to me better, I won’t say I was happy with the turn of events because many innocent people were still among the villagers, Victor say he was told that sickness has claim some children but none has died yet, their crops were dying because there were no rain even in the raining season, that those that have businesses, their businesses are not going well either, and those that has relatives outside the village, immediately the relatives try to help things turn bad for the relatives and at night the cry of my mother is heard all through the village that made people sleepless, there is no peace in the village anymore, they invited the church priest to pray for the village because the chief priest said the gods was silent but the church priest said God revealed many things to him and told him to tell them that there was nothing that can be done until the evil doers confess and ask for forgiveness from the daughter which is me before everything will go back to normal telling them that I was still alive and will find me were the Prince is but the elders and the king didn’t believe him until they went to another village to consult a powerful chief priest but still that one saw nothing, so this made them to go back to the church priest for help since he is the only one that said something concerning the problem of the villages, it was at that time Nnamdi confess that I was really alive and was in lagos and also gave them the address that Victor father recognize as his son place, that was how he was called, he told them that Afamefuna was no longer with him but he will try and get to him and they have been disturbing him with calls but he was still giving them excuses.
I didn’t know what to say or do, Afamefuna was not in support of me going back to the village, he wasn’t convince that all that was said were true but to me I believed Victor but now to make a decision was now my problem, I thought to forgive someone that hurts you was easy but this was harder than I have heard, this are the people that hurt and rejected me from the day I was born, they took everything from me and almost ended my life, they were the reason I passed through pain and heartbreak, now those people are now seeking for my help, the problem they caused for themselves, if they haven’t treated me wrongly, if they haven’t killed my mother and almost killed me maybe my mother will be in peace now but no, my mother heard the cry of the daughter and want revenge for want was done to me and her and they want to be free from it no, the saying that goes what a man sow that he will reap, let them reap what they have sowed.
To be continued..
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2019
hmmmm what goes around comes around. op well done
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
Lobatan. Just can wait to know who kill her mum.

Tanks for the update, plz comma continue ooo
Re: My Village Prince And I by felixawe(m): 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
Thank you
Re: My Village Prince And I by maxxy26: 9:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
Thanks 4 The Update,hungry 4rm More
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 11:25pm On Mar 14, 2019
My village prince and I
Sequence 27.
Continues…
AFAMEFUNA POV
It has been two days since Amarachi found out about the events going on in the village and the house has become more like a war zone with Victor bringing up the topic at any giving opportunity, he was trying so hard to convince both I and Amarachi to forget the past and go to the village, I knew I and Amarachi has two different reasons for not going back to the village but all the same we were agreeing not to go, Amarachi wasn’t talking much about this issue but get even more angry when the topic is raised, I was already afraid of losing the good side of Amarachi, thought she will feel a little broken but she was not showing any remorse about anything and this scared me.
I rushed to my phone that was ringing on my bed, I was in the bathroom, just finished having my bath when I heard my phone ringing, I picked it up and saw Victor name on my phone screen.
AFAMEFUNA: Hello man.
VICTOR: where are you.
AFAMEFUNA: am home
VICTOR: please can you and Amarachi come to meet me at my office now.
AFAMEFUNA: any problems.
VICTOR: not at all, please.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi is not around, she went to the market.
VICTOR: okay you come alone.
AFAMEFUNA: okey will be on my way.
He ended the call, I was confused about this urgent call, I wondered what was happening but still got nothing, I quickly dressed up and went on my way to Victor’s office
I got to his working place and went to his office, it wasn’t my first time here so I knew my way around, I greeted the secretary who was smiling, well she is always smiling when ever she sees me, on many occasions she has tried to get my attention but I really didn’t have her time since Amarachi was all I think of, she told me Victor was already waiting for me so I made my way to his office, I opened up and went inside to meet him and two other people sited comfortably on chairs, Victor was the first to see me as he was facing opposite the door, he immediately got up when he saw me.
VICTOR: My prince welcome.
That was strange, I can’t remember when last he called me that name, I was looking at Victor with a confused face, the two men also raised up facing me and greeting me in the process, that was when I saw their faces, I couldn’t forget it, they are chief Okafor and chief Enyinnaya Victor’s father, did Victor invite me here to meet them, I looked at Victor now angry, he had this pleading eyes.
CHIEF OKAFOR : my prince, please don’t me angry with us that we came unannounced but we really wanted to see you, it is very important.
CHIEF ENYINNAYA: I know you won’t want to see us but please we won’t take much of your time.
VICTOR: please just listen to them.
In as much as I was angry with Victor I still had to calm down to listen to them if not for any one but for Victor’s father, won’t want to disrespect him in present of my friend, there was already another empty chair at the other side of the office.
AFAMEFUNA: let’s sit.
VICTOR: thank you.
We all sat down, I already knew what the meeting was all about so I just hope it ends early.
CHIEF OKAFOR: my prince, how have you been doing.
I was keeping a straight face, I really don’t know why the question but anyway if I want this to end quickly then I have to just pretend I was following.
AFAMEFUNA: fine.
CHIEF OKAFOR: we are very happy to hear that and we thank the gods for that, we don’t need to introduce ourselves as you already know who we are and the reason we are here, i know Victor have told you everything that is going on now in the village and we have been waiting for your reply but got none.
CHIEF ENYINNAYA : My prince, the people of Amucha village are suffering, some of us have started praying for death to come, please we need your help.
AFAMEFUNA: and what makes you think I care.
They were shocked and it was written on their faces.
CHIEF OKAFOR: why won’t you care, it is your village and you are our future king.
AFAMEFUNA: you are just realizing that because few months ago you didn’t when you tried to destroy my future and my happiness.
CHIEF OKAFOR: we know we made a mistake.
AFAMEFUNA: you don’t because if you did you will know.
CHIEF ENYINNAYA: my prince I know that there is no amount of begging that will make you forgive us for what we did to Amarachi but please innocent people are suffering for our mistake, please you have to help us.
AFAMEFUNA: I don’t even understand this, do I look like Amarachi to you.
CHIEF OKAFOR: no but you are the only one that can help us get through to her.
AFAMEFUNA: this is unbelievable, I want to ask one question, if you people had succeeded in killing her will you be here right now begging for her presence to save yourself.
They were silent, I knew they wouldn’t answer that, I looked at them with hatred.
AFAMEFUNA: I thought as much.
I got up to leave, I couldn’t stand them anymore.
VICTOR: Afamefuna, what is wrong with you.
AFAMEFUNA: no what is wrong with you, how many times did I tell you that I and Amarachi going back to that village is not what we are going to do, you think bringing them here to talk to me will make things better, never call me for this kind of meeting again.
By this time both chiefs has already got up.
CHIEF OKAFOR: my prince.
AFAMEFUNA: and you listen to me, this will be the last time I want to see your face, don’t make me see them again.
CHIEF ENYINNAYA: my prince punish us all you want but not the innocent ones, my wife did nothing so as my daughter, don’t let them pay for sins they didn’t commit.
I was confused now, didn’t understand what he was talking about.
AFAMEFUNA: what are you talking about.
CHIEF OKAFOR: late Nneka ghost is not taking revenge on those that hurt her directly, she is hurting those around us, Mazi Enyinnaya wife and daughter has been sick for weeks now and others too, we fear they might died if nothing is done.
I was taken back now, if Mazi Enyinnaya is Victor’s father then his wife and daughter are Victor’s mother and sister, I looked at Victor who was looking directly to me.
AFAMEFUNA: your mother and your sister are involve.
VICTOR: please Afamefuna, I don’t want to lose them, they are all I have.
I felt so weak instantly, all my anger was gone, I sat down confused, Victor has been good to me and Amarachi, he doesn’t deserve to be punish for his good.
CHIEF OKAFOR: please help us.
AFAMEFUNA: what do have me do.
VICTOR: you alone can convince Amarachi, please talk to her, she will listen to you.
It was hard to agree but there was nothing I could do at this point, my friend family was now involved so I had to do something, he will never forgive me if anything happens to his mother and sister.
AFAMEFUNA: I am doing this for you Victor, because you have been a good friend to me, I will talk to Amarachi but I am not promising anything, we will get back to you through Victor.
They all thanked me before I left Victor’s office.
********************** I got home and found Amarachi in the sitting room, she was watching a movie that got her attention so she didn’t hear when I got In, I looked at her as she laughed at any funny act by the actors in the movie, all the events that happened at Victor’s office came playing in my head, I was not happy with the turn of event but I won’t want that from stopping me to help my friend, if Amarachi is the only one that will make her mother’s spirit to stop disturbing the village and the innocent ones then she haves to go and help them, I was brought out of my thought when I heard Amarachi calling my name.
AMARACHI: what is wrong with you, are you okay.
AFAMEFUNA: yeah I am.
I walked to where she was sitting and sat with her.
AMARACHI: I have been calling you but you were lost in your own thought.
AFAMEFUNA: yea sorry about that.
AMARACHI: sorry for what, sorry for thinking or sorry for not answering my calls.
AFAMEFUNA: both.
AMARACHI: I came home but you were not around.
AFAMEFUNA : yea went to Victor’s office.
AMARACHI: oh okay, you must be hungry, let me serve you your food then you will tell me what you were thinking about.
She was about to get up but I held her back.
AFAMEFUNA: am not hungry.
AMARACHI: why.
AFAMEFUNA: there is something I want us to talk about.
She was worried that I knew.
AMARACHI: is everything okey.
AFAMEFUNA: not really.
AMARACHI: is it about my late mother ghost disturbing the villagers.
I took her hands, she needs all the claiming down because I knew convincing her won’t be easy.
AFAMEFUNA: I got a call from victor this morning telling me to come to his office, I got here and met Mazi Okafor and Victor’s father there.
AMARACHI: ohhh
AFAMEFUNA: we talked and they begged.
AMARACHI: so
AFAMEFUNA: My queen, don’t you think we should reconsider their pleading.
She immediately removed her hands from mine.
AMARACHI: what do you mean.
AFAMEFUNA: listen I know okey that we agreed not to go to Amucha village again but don’t you think we should at least go just once.
AMARACHI: are you listening to yourself.
AFAMEFUNA: I am
She got up.
AMARACHI: no you are not, those people, you of all people should know what pain they caused me.
AFAMEFUNA: yes I know but can’t you just let it go.
AMARACHI: let it go
She was now rising her voice.
AMARACHI: you want me to let it go after everything they did, they killed my mother and framed me for killing my own mother, they tried to kill me if not for Nnamdi……
I got up immediately interrupting her
AFAMEFUNA: that is it, if not for Nnamdi, if not for chiamaka, if not for some good people that are still been punished for helping you.
AMARACHI: they did me no wrong to me or my mother so I know she won’t harm them.
AFAMEFUNA: of course she won’t but what about those around them, Victor’s mother and sister are both caught in this, they are both sick, Victor father is among the elders that agreed to your death I don’t know about your mother’s death, Victor has done nothing to us, he has been a shoulder to cry on ever since we knew him, it was through him I was able to see you again, you could have still be on the street if not for him, he doesn’t have to pay for being good to us.
She was silent now and I knew I was getting to her, I took her hands again, she looked at me.
AFAMEFUNA: don’t you see what this is even doing to you, it changing you, you are more better than this and forgiving them is going to make you better than them and stronger than them.
She started crying, I didn’t stop her from crying, she needed it.
AMARACHI: I want to make them suffer, I want them to feel the pain I felt.
AFAMEFUNA: I know but it will just make you be like them and you are not like them, you are Amarachi, the young and innocent girl I felt in love with, the queen to my heart and my kingdom, you are above them and you are going to prove to them that you are their queen.
She ran into my arms as she cried her heart out, it was hard for her I knew but she had to let go, I let her cry without stopping her because she really needed to bring out the pain she was feeling, I only gave her my shoulder to cry on.
To be continued..

1 Like

Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 6:28am On Mar 15, 2019
If not for victor dy for just allow those village miscreants to suffer small . nice update op
Re: My Village Prince And I by Ann2012(f): 7:30am On Mar 15, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Megamercy(m): 7:53am On Mar 15, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 9:41am On Mar 15, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by slimzypat(f): 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 7:39am On Mar 18, 2019
My village prince and I
Sequence 28.
Continues…
AMARACHI POV
After said and done I agreed to go to the village with Afamefuna and Victor, it wasn’t an easy decision for me but it was the best decision, I knew my forgiveness will not bring my mother back to life or change any time that has been done to me in the past but still it will save the lives of everyone that are innocent, we fixed the day that we will set out on our journey to Amucha village so Victor called his father to informed them so they were expecting us, Victor was happy who wouldn’t be when his mother and sister wete involved and they are the reason I am doing this.
The D-day came so quickly, I didn’t bother to park any clothes because I had no intention of spending a night there, I took my handbag and head out of my room, Victor and Afamefuna were already outside the compound waiting for me, we were leaving early in the morning so we will be able to get there on time because we were driving, Afamefuna took my hands leading me to the car, I knew him too was trying to hold himself not to change his mind because I too was, we got into the
car all three of us and set out on our journey.
The journey from Lagos to Imo state was a long one well to me, I slept in most of the journey, when ever I wake up I always see Afamefuna lost in his own thought, him and Victor was sitting at the front with Victor driving while I was at the back seat, we barely talk to each other except if we come across food and snacks sold on the street by traders well that was how it was suppose to be.
We go to Amucha village, as soon as we arrived at the front gate of the city all my past came rushing back to me, I held the tear that was threatening to fall, Afamefuna looked at me and gave me an encouraging smile which I reciprocated, I looked at the window and for first in a long time I missed here, the village gate was not that lively like it used to be, nothing has changed expect for the fact that it was a pit quiet, not much people were seen walking around or hawking products, it showed that the village was passing through a hard time.
AFAMEFUNA: are you ready for this.
Afamefuna words brought me out of my thoughts.
AMARACHI: yes.
He smiled at me, we entered the village and was visited with silent, as early as 9 in the morning the village was quite, many stores were locked, children were not seen playing around the neighborhood anymore and the adults were few, I wondered what tragic would have happened to this once lively village.
The road from the village gate to the palace was not so pleasant, Victor lamented about the quietness while Afamefuna just responded to him, I just keep quiet didn’t actually know what to say since the problem was caused by my beloved mother, we got to the palace and victor horned, the guard came out to check who we were but immediately apologize telling the other guards to open the gate when he saw the prince, there was shock and surprise written on everyone’s face as we drove into the compound, at least there is something that hasn’t changed, I could see maids coming out from where ever they were before, I could see them whispering and some were murmuring but I care not, some were happy and they did nothing to hide it, the car came to a stop and we got down from the car that minute the queen ran out and rush to hug Afamefuna, I could understand, it was all a mothers love, she has missed him so much.
LOLO AGBONMA: oh my son, look at you, didn’t know I will see you again, I missed you so much, where have you been, hope you have been feeding well, you didn’t fall sick right.
AFAMEFUNA: mother, I am fine, glad to see you again.
She was crying now and this made me to miss my mother, if only she was here.
LOLO AGBONMA: Amarachi, thank you so much for coming, you have no idea what you are doing for us, not just the palace but the whole village.
I only smiled at her, seriously didn’t know if I was pretending the smile or if it was real, she also went ahead in welcoming Victor and ushered us in, she was holding Afamefuna hands won’t want to let go maybe she is afraid he might leave again, I held my breath, I was so nervous, I think Afamefuna knew this because he held my hand with the other of his free hand and we all went in.
AFAMEFUNA POV
I couldn’t believe I was back to the palace again, a place I never knew I will see again, my mother was so excited to see me well I won’t blame her, she only misses her son and seriously I missed her too, we all walked in as I held Amarachi hand, I knew she was nervous so I had to make her feel comfortable, won’t want her feet to fall her, we entered the sitting room and again memories of the events that happened here can flashing back.
LOLO AGBONMA: I have sent words already to the elders, we all thought you will be coming later in the day didn’t know it was going to be this early.
AFAMEFUNA: we decided it will be best to come early, where is father.
The impression on her face immediately changed to sadness but she tried to cover up.
AFAMEFUNA: Mother.
LOLO AGBONMA: he is fine, he is just resting, didn’t sleep well last night.
I knew I haven’t lived with my mother for long but I have understood her and this time I know she was lying, sometimes was not right, my father barely stays in his room at this time no matter how weak he is.
AFAMEFUNA: Mother is something wrong.
LOLO AGBONMA: why don’t you rest then you will meet your father later.
AFAMEFUNA: no mother, I want to see him now.
I don’t know but I was scared, in as much that I an angry with the stubborn old man I still don’t want to lose him, he is very much my father and there is still a big part of my heart that love him so dearly, she turned to one of her maids.
LOLO AGBONMA: please take our guest to rest, I want to talk to my son.
AFAMEFUNA: no, take Amarachi to my room.
My mother was a little surprised but she quickly hide it.
LOLO AGBONMA: you heard him, Victor, since your father is on his way too you will have to wait.
VICTOR: no problem my queen.
I turned to Amarachi, needed to make her feel relax.
AFAMEFUNA: I won’t be gone for long, you will be fine okay.
Just then I remembered something.
AFAMEFUNA: where is Nnamdi.
LOLO AGBONMA: he is around but not in the palace, he went to deliver a message in the neighboring town.
AFAMEFUNA: okey.
I kissed Amarachi in the forehead, I care less who was watching.
AFAMEFUNA: you will be fine, will meet you soon.
She nodded in agreement and her and Victor was taken away by the maid.
LOLO AGBONMA: come son, your father will be waiting.
We walked together in silent and got to my father’s room, the guard standing at the door opened it after greeting both I and my mother, I followed my mother inside, there was a man servant in the sitting chamber, he immediately left at my mum weaved him to go.
LOLO AGBONMA: he is on the bed, you can go meet him.
I don’t know but I felt my heart beat increasing, I moved the curtain that was dividing the bed from the sitting chamber and went close to the bed, my father was lying down with his eyes closed, I held my breath finding it difficult to breathe, my father looks pale and sick, there was nothing I was seeing to indicate that he was my father, I didn’t know when I fell on my knees before his bed and held his hand.
AFAMEFUNA: father, father.
He slowly opened his eyes, he gave out a dry smile immediately he saw me.
EZE NWANYI: is this you Afamefuna.
His voice sounded nothing like his, I allowed the tear fall, there and then I knew my father was dying slowly.
To be continued..
Pls don't forget to invite peeps to also read with u..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story / A Must Read-letter From Abraham Lincoln To His Son’s Teacher / Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.