Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,421 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:10 PM

My Village Prince And I - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Village Prince And I (32283 Views)

My Madam And I (part Two) / The Prince And The Siren / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 9:27am On Mar 18, 2019
Hmmmmm

Tanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by felixawe(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2019
Thank you for update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 1:27pm On Mar 18, 2019
chai nawaoooo op well done
Re: My Village Prince And I by ashatoda: 4:20pm On Mar 18, 2019
hmmmm! vanity. The king will be realizing that most things man treasure are vanity it is better to spend time with your family than running after the useless thing called prestige
Re: My Village Prince And I by Youngados(m): 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2019
Kari on. wat a swit pis
Re: My Village Prince And I by slimzypat(f): 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2019
too bad
Re: My Village Prince And I by Ann2012(f): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2019
OP this your OFF and ON, is not Good enough ooo.
Re: My Village Prince And I by Tonyspecial(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26, 2019
Following
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
My village prince and I
Sequence 29.
Continues..
AMARACHI POV
I followed the maid in silent as I admired the beauty of the palace, the two times I have been here the circumstances surrounding those times didn’t allow me to have full view of the palace, I must confess the palace is one of a kind, with everything in order, beautiful and rich, we got to a door which she opened, stepping into the room I was lost in it magnificent.
MAID: this is the prince’s room, do you need any more thing.
AMARACHI: no thank you.
MAID: I will take my leave then.
She bowed and left, I walked room the room admiring every single things in the room, from the wall frame, to the painting on the wall, to the curtains, the electronics, to the wine bar, everything was speaking wealth and beautiful I wondered, if the prince lives in such comfort what about the king himself he must be living in paradise, I sat down on the sofa, thank God that Afamefuna told them to bring me here at least i felt more comfortable in the four corners of his room.
It has been up to an hour since Afamefuna went to see his father, I have been going through a book I brought along with me just to keep myself busy, I just hope everything is done fast so I could go back to lagos, my stay here is bringing bad memories to me and I don’t like that, the door opened and Afamefuna walked in, I smiled at him but my smile immediately vanished when I saw the expression on his face, I got up dropping the book I have been reading, he must have been crying judging from the wetness of his eyes, this got me so worried what must have gone wrong.
AMARACHI: my love, what is it.
AFAMEFUNA: my father.
AMARACHI: what about your father.
AFAMEFUNA: he is dying.
AFAMEFUNA POV
She walked to me and hugged me which I reciprocated, I really needed the hug and coming from her was even better, she didn’t say a word but allowed me stay in the embrace.
Why does it hurt so much, why do I feel this way was the question I was asking myself, I thought I hated my father but instead I was just hurt and now I know why I felt hurt when he turned his back on my happiness, it was because I love him so much and didn’t expect him to do what he did.
EZE NWANYI: Afamefuna, is that you, my son.
I held on to his hand not wanting to let go, who will believe this was once the strong king that can’t be brought down.
AFAMEFUNA: father, it is I, it is me your son.
EZE NWANYI: oh that voice, it is really you, never thought I will see this day.
AFAMEFUNA: father you will see more days to come, what happened.
EZE NWANYI: ohhh I am punished for what I committed.
He coughed, I quickly took the glass cup that was already fill with water, I took the cover away, I stood up and help him in rising his head while he drank from the water, I rested his head back once he was done and kept the glass cup back on the stool.
EZE NWANYI: the gods are angry with me for placing a judgment on a girl because of my selfish reason.
AFAMEFUNA: Amarachi.
EZE NWANYI: after you left.
He was talking slowly counting each of his words.
EZE NWANYI: I was so angry but not with you, I was angry with the girl that was responsible for you disobeying me, I know you were stubborn just like me so I knew it will be hard for we to convince you otherwise since you have made your intentions about her known, I so wanted to hurt her in many ways but her mother was what held me back.
He coughed again and I rushed to get the water but he stopped me.
EZE NWANYI: her mother was a wonderful woman loved by many there was nothing I could do and hate feeling powerless, that day they brought her to the palace saying she killed her mother, some part of me knew she didn’t but the hatred I was having towards her blinded me and I passed my judgment without thinking and without waiting for the chief priest to make his appearance.
I was confused in that part.
AFAMEFUNA: I don’t understand.
EZE NWANYI: in this land before a king passes judgment on a person, the person must first take an oath defending himself on what he has been accused of, only then will the king pass his judgment, a judgment can be passed without the oath taking if the accused confess of his crimes without taking an oath then the chief priest will not be needed but in her case she didn’t agree to the accusation but still I passed my judgment.
I was silent, didn’t know what to say, all this revelation that has been revealed to me is still difficult for me to take all in at once.
EZE NWANYI: my son, I am sorry for not being a father.
AFAMEFUNA: you are the best father I could ever ask for.
EZE NWANYI: no, I neglected my responsibilities as a father.
AFAMEFUNA: you once told me that the crown comes with great responsibilities, it is difficult to be three things all at once, you are a father, a husband and a king, a whole kingdom rested on your shoulder, you are only a man but yet you still tried to fill that space between us, you are my father nothing can change that.
EZE NWANYI: you will be a great king, just as you have been a great son.
I smiled at him even though it came with pains.
AFAMEFUNA: you will be fine, I brought Amarachi with me, she will stop all this.
EZE NWANYI: oh Amarachi, she came.
AFAMEFUNA: yes she did, mother have sent for the elders, once they are here everything will be fine.
He nodded in agreement.
AFAMEFUNA: you should rest now.
I kissed his forehead as he closed his eyes and went back to sleep, I came out of the room, my mother was there waiting, immediately I saw her I embraced her.
AFAMEFUNA: am sorry mother for allowing you to pass through this alone.
LOLO AGBONMA: that’s enough, you have nothing to be sorry about, it is I that should be apologizing.
We disengage the embrace, she was already crying now.
AFAMEFUNA: I love you mother.
LOLO AGBONMA: I love you too son, now go see your guest she is waiting for you.
I nodded and left not without giving her a warm smile.
AMARACHI: your father will not die okey, he will be fine.
Amarachi words brought me out of my thought.
AFAMEFUNA: I know.
Just then we heard a knock on the door.
AFAMEFUNA: yes come in.
The door opened and a man servant walked in bowing to us.
MAN SERVANT: the queen your mother sent me to inform you that the elders and the church priest are here, they are in the throne room.
AFAMEFUNA: no problem, tell them we will be there shortly.
The man servant left closing the door behind him.
AFAMEFUNA: so are you ready.
AMARACHI: yes I am, I want to end this once and for all.
AFAMEFUNA: I love you.
AMARACHI: I love you more.
I held her hands and we both walk out the room heading to the throne room.
AMARACHI POV
As soon as we entered the throne room they all got up greeting the prince who responded, his hand was still twisted in mind and I knew he won’t let go, he smiled at me gesturing me to sit down in one of the seat close to the queen, they were all sited by now, most of their faces was familiar while some were new to me, two men was dress in a father priest wear, Victor was there also, I tried not to be nervous after all the prince was close by and he will always protect me.
MAZI OKAFOR: I greet you my queen, my prince, father James and father frank, our guests and the elders for all finding out time to be here today to see how we could stop the disaster that has befallen our land, the king would have been here today with us but we all know he is not strong enough to be sited with us today but never the less the queen and prince present are here to bless this meeting, I want to personally thank Amarachi, late Uzochi and Nneka daughter for finding out time to be here with us even with everything that has happened she still decided to show up to help us, for this we are highly grateful.
I released the breath I didn’t know I was holding, this wasn’t going to be easy but I was going to make it easy any way.
MAZI OKAFOR: I want to invite the priest father James because him only knows what we are here to do.
With this he sat down, one of the father maybe in his late 50s got up, this must be the father that saw the revelation from God.
FATHER JAMES: I great you all that are sited here today, Mr Okafor has said most of the things I could have say so I will just focus on the important ones, my first speech goes to Amarachi. Everyone has a story that is a discomforting one, a story where pain is but the story of this young girl has got my attention more then any one I have heard, she was accused right from birth for offenses she never committed, rejected because of the circumstances surrounding her birth, treated like a lesser human, casted away to the face of death but in all this she still prevailed, didn’t this tell you something, no one is better than the other in the face of God, it doesn’t matter where or how the person came about, not everyone will be here today sitting among us because of the wrong we did, but she proved to us that she has a heart of gold better than any of us sitting down here, Amarachi I will add myself to this so I will say we all are deeply sorry for everything that we have caused you.
All the time he was giving his speech I was trying so hard to hold back my tear but his last statement just brought all my tear out in a single blow.
FATHER JAMES: you have passed through a lot not even compared to the ones we have passed in this few months, we have hurt you without measures, we are sorry for taking everything from you, do find it in your heart to forgive us.
He said this going on his knees, the other father followed, before I could get out of my thoughts the whole elders joined them, I immediately got up in shock looking at everyone, unable to speak.
LOLO AGBONMA: please my daughter, forgive our wrongs.
She also got on her knees.
FATHER JAMES: all the things we are going to do here today will not work until you have really forgiven us from the debt of your heart, you have to forgive genuinely.
I was lost between time and space, forgiven them was another thing and letting go was something else, how can I forgive then genuinely without holding anything back, I was still hurt even if I was pretending that all was fine, they were all talking at the same time asking for my forgiveness, I would easily say I have forgiven them but I will be lying to myself and if I don’t let everything go nothing might work, I was weak, my heart was pounding so fast and I feared if I stayed any more minute here I might lose it, I ran out of the throne room with them calling my name.
To be continued..
Re: My Village Prince And I by FortunateB(f): 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2019
Welcome back and thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hmmmmm

Tanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Ann2012(f): 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Kaycee9242(m): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2019
op thanks
Re: My Village Prince And I by Tonyspecial(m): 1:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
Next
Re: My Village Prince And I by Mirriamvic(f): 9:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
The Best Story Ever
Re: My Village Prince And I by MhiztaRange(m): 6:34am On Apr 13, 2019
My perception about the story is that it should’ve been portrayed in the olden days not now when we’ve met civilization, who bows down to his age mate and refer to him as “my prince” in this present day? Where is referred to an evil forest in this present day? Who hates someone just because he or she was born In an evil forest in this present day not to talk of an entire village? The story is wonderful but I guess it was portrayed wrongly, when I saw the title I could tell what the story was all about and guess what? I wasn’t wrong
Re: My Village Prince And I by messilicious(f): 10:40am On Apr 15, 2019
Please continue d story, thanks
Re: My Village Prince And I by messilicious(f): 5:42am On Apr 19, 2019
Please na, abeg na, biko na. U av really done well wit d story. Please continue. Wanna knw how d story ended.
Re: My Village Prince And I by slimzypat(f): 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
pls we are waiting for the next update
Re: My Village Prince And I by messilicious(f): 7:32am On May 05, 2019
Please update us, its taking too long. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: My Village Prince And I by sammychimex(m): 11:54am On May 07, 2019
Please oh help us with an update oh,
Re: My Village Prince And I by izaray(f): 4:59pm On May 07, 2019
What a wonderful story
Re: My Village Prince And I by Viciyoung(m): 7:19am On Jun 09, 2019
MY VILLAGE PRINCE AND I
Sequence 30
<b>
Continues..
AFAMEFUNA POV

I watched the drama as the elders got on their knees, I was surprised and dumbfounded seeing them that way, even my mother did the same, I looked at Victor, it was only I and Victor that was sitting, I knew Amarachi was trying hard not to break down and I felt for her been put at the center that way, but something got my attention, Mazi Amadi, that is Ada's father, he was kneeling without saying a word, there was hatred in his eyes and I could bet he was not happy kneeling down and them apologizing to Amarachi, the shout from the elders got my attention, I turned and saw Amarachi running out of the throne room.

I got up to go after her but the voice of mazi Amadi stopped me.

MAZI AMADI: what an insult, how dare she just ran out that way making us look like fools, this is so humiliating, I have never been embarrass in my life like this before.

I turned to look at him, he was already standing.

AFAMEFUNA: what did you just say, you have no idea what humiliation is because if you do you will go back down and stay on your knees still she comes back.

MAZI AMADI: what.

AFAMEFUNA: I will not ask again because If I do you will feel the touch of been humiliated.

He immediately went back on his knees.

MAZI ENYINNAYA: please my prince forgive Mazi Amadi, please.

AFAMEFUNA: Mazi Amadi, if you have any idea of what you and your household have done to her believe me you will start learning the words you will use to apologize to your future queen.

He looked up at me and there was a little fear in him and I can see that in his eyes, I love it that way, much better, I walked out of the throne room in search for Amarachi, the guards kept directing me to the direction that she went, I saw her at the balcony, how she got there was still something I didn't know, she was crying bitterly with everything in her, I wrapped my hands around her causing her to turn to me.

AMARACHI: I can't do this, I thought I could be I can't.

AFAMEFUNA: yes you can.

AMARACHI: it so difficult, it's hard.

AFAMEFUNA: I know, I never for once said it will be easy but you have to try and seriously let go, just like father James said you have a heart of gold and that heart of yours is strong enough to do this.

AMARACHI: how can you be so calm.

AFAMEFUNA: because I have you by my side.

I hugged her so tight not wanting to tell her go.

AFAMEFUNA: you will be fine.

She disengaged from me looking into my eyes.

AMARACHI: I believe you.

We walked back to the throne room where the elders were waiting for us, they were already sitting when we walked in, they immediately got up with expectations in their eyes, I looked at Amarachi who in return gave me a smile.

AMARACHI: I know that words can not take back everything that has happened in the past or change anything, it can't bring my mother back or take away all my pains but yet I am here today standing before everyone that has done me wrong in one way or the other to say all this words, life itself is a lesson and a teacher and I have learnt the little bitter part of that life, for the sake of the innocent ones and the people that has shown be nothing but kindness in all my life I sincerely from the debt of my heart without holding back any grudges and letting go all that has been done to me, both young and old I Amarachi Uzochi forgive Amucha kingdom and I pray the peace that was once here return back to everyone's homes.

They were screams of jubilation, the queen ran and hugged me and for the first time I felt peace of mind, it was like an heavy burden was taking off my shoulder, it was nice to be free again, Afamefuna took me into his arms.

FATHER JAMES: now everyone.

Father James brought everyone's attention again.

FATHER JAMES: now that the first step is done the second step will follow.

AFAMEFUNA: and what will that be.

FATHER JAMES: knowing the truth.

Just then a guard ran inside getting everyone's attention.

GUARD: my queen, my prince, my elders.

LOLO AGBONMA: what is it.

GUARD: its the chief priest, he is outside but there is something wrong with him.

We all was surprised and confused.

MAZI OKAFOR: something wrong with him, what.

GUARD: I think it will be better if you see by yourself.

I looked at Afamefuna, I knew something was off, I pray this doesn't cause any more trouble for me, we all went outside, Afamefuna held my hand, with him by my side I knew no harm can come to me.

AFAMEFUNA POV

Holding Amarachi hand we all walked outside to see the chief priest but was visited with a site I won't forget in a hurry, half of the chief priest body or should I say what was left of the chief priest body was burnt from his shoulder to his toe, we all gaze at the horrible site before us, he was sited on the ground shouting for help, there were a lot of murmuring coming from both the chiefs and the servants that were present, amidst the cry of help he was saying something that only him could hear.

MAZI OKAFOR: what is this, chief priest what is this.

MAZI AZUBUIKE: did someone attack the shrine, talk to us we are losing our patients.

CHIEF PRIEST: ohhhh, it is painful ooo, please forgive me ooo, forgive ooo.

He was talking to only God knows who.

MAZI ENYINNAYA: speak to us, who should forgive you.

CHIEF PRIEST: tell Nneka to forgive me ooo, it wasn't intentional.

I was shocked to hear the name of Amarachi mother on his lip, I looked around and saw everyone was as confused as i, I turned looking at Amarachi, I knew many things was going on in her head right now.

CHIEF PRIEST: Amarachi please ooo forgive me ooo, please tell her to stop, tell her to stop ooo, it is painful, ahhhhhh, I am finished oooo.

FATHER JAMES: confess what you did and the pain will stop.

CHIEF PRIEST: I will confess, I will confess oooo.

AFAMEFUNA: we are listening.

CHIEF PRIEST: it all began few months ago, I was in my shrine when Mazi Amadi came to meet me.

With surprise we all turned to look at Mazi Amadi.

MAZI AMADI: me, not me, what are you saying, when did I, don't dare add me to your downfall.

AFAMEFUNA: will you keep quiet or you want the guards to do that for you.

He immediately went silent, I never liked this man anyway.

CHIEF PRIEST: he said he wants me to do something for him that he will give me a plot of land as a gift, I asked him what that might be, he said he wants the prince to marry his daughter.

There where loud whispers among the elders and the servants.

CHIEF PRIEST: he said he wants the prince to fall in love with his daughter, I told him it was impossible because the prince was protected by the gods, who so ever tires to harm him will surely die, that was when he brought anything request that I should kill Amarachi the one that is making the prince not to look at his daughter.

I was growing in anger but I had to remained calm if I want to hear the end of this confession.

CHIEF PRIEST: he said he will add a million naira to the land he has promised if I succeed, the money was tempting so I agreed but killing her was now the problem as she doesn't have any friends that I could use because she was always alone most of the time, so I had to do it myself, I went to her house in the intention to lie that I am doing house cleansing then I could use that opportunity to put a charm that will kill Amarachi anytime she come across it but fortunately for me I got there and saw no one at home, I called out still no one so I went to the back yard to see if I could see anyone of them that was when I came across the pot of soup on the floor in the kitchen, I think the pot was just brought down from the fire, so I knew it make be one of them that just finished cooking, without bothering if both of they dies I poisoned the food, when I heard she didn't die but her mother did and she was taken to the king I knew I will be summoned, I was already planning to turn her oath against her in case she swears but was later told the king passed his judgment to have her executed without the oath taking, I thought everything was settled but the gods stopped communicating with me, that was why I couldn't tell anyone anything when disaster starts happening.

There were shouts from the people around me.

MAZI OKAFOR: you, chief priest, you of all people, so the king was used without him even knowing, Abomination

AFAMEFUNA: if the food was poisoned how come Amarachi is still alive.

AMARACHI: because mother ate before me.

I looked at Amarachi, we all did, her cheek were already covered in tear, I rushed to her before she could meet the floor, I saw that one coming, I knew her legs will fail her, I held her close to be as she sobbed on my clothes, I was angry now, if I get that old fool I will kill him myself.

CHIEF PRIEST: please I have confess oooo, I have confess, please for give me oooo.

My mother came to me and took Amarachi into her arms just what I needed, I allowed my mother to console her while I go deal with those fools.

AFAMEFUNA: guards.

GUARDS: yes my prince.

AFAMEFUNA: arrest that old fool.

MAZI AMADI: my prince, I didn't do anything please.

AFAMEFUNA: you will soon once I am done dealing with you, I will make you pay for everything you have done, you and your family.

He immediately went on his knees.

MAZI AMADI: please my family did nothing, it was I please spare them, please my friends help me to beg him.

MAZI OKAFOR: who is your friend, you are a disgrace to this community.

AFAMEFUNA: guard, go to his house pack any living things you see there and take them all to the community police, tell them no bail until I say so, Mazi Amadi, You will rot in jail, I will make sure of it, take him away.

The guards began to drag him out as he continued pleading for mercy.

AFAMEFUNA: and take that thing that is call a chief priest out of this palace, I don't want to continue seeing his face.

The guards went to the chief priest that was laying on the ground, he has stopped shouting all of a sudden.

GUARD: my prince

AFAMEFUNA: what

GUARD: he is dead.

AMARACHI POV

I opened my eyes and saw myself at my house, how did I get here, I called for the prince but no response, I called for Victor but still silent, I came down from my bed heading to the sitting room, everything was just the was it was before my mother died, that was when all the event that took place at the palace came to me, I broke down in tear again but this time with fear all over me, how I got to my house was a mystery to me, everywhere was so cold that I wondered if they connected a air conditioner to the house, so my mother was killed by no other person than Ada's father and the chief priest, how cruel can the world get, now I am back at the same house it all happened, was this part of the step to free the people from my mother's ghost but yet Afamefuna couldn't have left me here all by myself, he said he will be with me always, but now where was he, there was no one in the sitting room as everywhere was dark and this increased my fear, with the light coming from the full moon I used it to find my way outside that was when I saw a figure standing close to what seem like a grave, I wasn't seeing the figure clearly but I knew it was a person, I called out to him or her but the person refused to turned his face to me or even answer to my calls, I swollen hard and approached the person, as I came closer I knew it was a woman that was dressed in a white long dress.

AMARACHI: hello, please answer me, I just want to know how I got here.

UNKNOWN: because I brought you here.

The person turned and I almost lost my breath as I looked into the person eyes.
To be continued..
Itz #Viciyoung
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 7:41am On Jun 09, 2019
Been a while, hope all is well?

Tanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by mondaypemisire(m): 7:47am On Jun 09, 2019
I have read the story finish in coolval
Re: My Village Prince And I by izaray(f): 8:33am On Jun 09, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Tonyspecial(m): 9:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
Viciyoung:
MY VILLAGE PRINCE AND I
Sequence 30
<b>
Continues..
AFAMEFUNA POV

I watched the drama as the elders got on their knees, I was surprised and dumbfounded seeing them that way, even my mother did the same, I looked at Victor, it was only I and Victor that was sitting, I knew Amarachi was trying hard not to break down and I felt for her been put at the center that way, but something got my attention, Mazi Amadi, that is Ada's father, he was kneeling without saying a word, there was hatred in his eyes and I could bet he was not happy kneeling down and them apologizing to Amarachi, the shout from the elders got my attention, I turned and saw Amarachi running out of the throne room.

I got up to go after her but the voice of mazi Amadi stopped me.

MAZI AMADI: what an insult, how dare she just ran out that way making us look like fools, this is so humiliating, I have never been embarrass in my life like this before.

I turned to look at him, he was already standing.

AFAMEFUNA: what did you just say, you have no idea what humiliation is because if you do you will go back down and stay on your knees still she comes back.

MAZI AMADI: what.

AFAMEFUNA: I will not ask again because If I do you will feel the touch of been humiliated.

He immediately went back on his knees.

MAZI ENYINNAYA: please my prince forgive Mazi Amadi, please.

AFAMEFUNA: Mazi Amadi, if you have any idea of what you and your household have done to her believe me you will start learning the words you will use to apologize to your future queen.

He looked up at me and there was a little fear in him and I can see that in his eyes, I love it that way, much better, I walked out of the throne room in search for Amarachi, the guards kept directing me to the direction that she went, I saw her at the balcony, how she got there was still something I didn't know, she was crying bitterly with everything in her, I wrapped my hands around her causing her to turn to me.

AMARACHI: I can't do this, I thought I could be I can't.

AFAMEFUNA: yes you can.

AMARACHI: it so difficult, it's hard.

AFAMEFUNA: I know, I never for once said it will be easy but you have to try and seriously let go, just like father James said you have a heart of gold and that heart of yours is strong enough to do this.

AMARACHI: how can you be so calm.

AFAMEFUNA: because I have you by my side.

I hugged her so tight not wanting to tell her go.

AFAMEFUNA: you will be fine.

She disengaged from me looking into my eyes.

AMARACHI: I believe you.

We walked back to the throne room where the elders were waiting for us, they were already sitting when we walked in, they immediately got up with expectations in their eyes, I looked at Amarachi who in return gave me a smile.

AMARACHI: I know that words can not take back everything that has happened in the past or change anything, it can't bring my mother back or take away all my pains but yet I am here today standing before everyone that has done me wrong in one way or the other to say all this words, life itself is a lesson and a teacher and I have learnt the little bitter part of that life, for the sake of the innocent ones and the people that has shown be nothing but kindness in all my life I sincerely from the debt of my heart without holding back any grudges and letting go all that has been done to me, both young and old I Amarachi Uzochi forgive Amucha kingdom and I pray the peace that was once here return back to everyone's homes.

They were screams of jubilation, the queen ran and hugged me and for the first time I felt peace of mind, it was like an heavy burden was taking off my shoulder, it was nice to be free again, Afamefuna took me into his arms.

FATHER JAMES: now everyone.

Father James brought everyone's attention again.

FATHER JAMES: now that the first step is done the second step will follow.

AFAMEFUNA: and what will that be.

FATHER JAMES: knowing the truth.

Just then a guard ran inside getting everyone's attention.

GUARD: my queen, my prince, my elders.

LOLO AGBONMA: what is it.

GUARD: its the chief priest, he is outside but there is something wrong with him.

We all was surprised and confused.

MAZI OKAFOR: something wrong with him, what.

GUARD: I think it will be better if you see by yourself.

I looked at Afamefuna, I knew something was off, I pray this doesn't cause any more trouble for me, we all went outside, Afamefuna held my hand, with him by my side I knew no harm can come to me.

AFAMEFUNA POV

Holding Amarachi hand we all walked outside to see the chief priest but was visited with a site I won't forget in a hurry, half of the chief priest body or should I say what was left of the chief priest body was burnt from his shoulder to his toe, we all gaze at the horrible site before us, he was sited on the ground shouting for help, there were a lot of murmuring coming from both the chiefs and the servants that were present, amidst the cry of help he was saying something that only him could hear.

MAZI OKAFOR: what is this, chief priest what is this.

MAZI AZUBUIKE: did someone attack the shrine, talk to us we are losing our patients.

CHIEF PRIEST: ohhhh, it is painful ooo, please forgive me ooo, forgive ooo.

He was talking to only God knows who.

MAZI ENYINNAYA: speak to us, who should forgive you.

CHIEF PRIEST: tell Nneka to forgive me ooo, it wasn't intentional.

I was shocked to hear the name of Amarachi mother on his lip, I looked around and saw everyone was as confused as i, I turned looking at Amarachi, I knew many things was going on in her head right now.

CHIEF PRIEST: Amarachi please ooo forgive me ooo, please tell her to stop, tell her to stop ooo, it is painful, ahhhhhh, I am finished oooo.

FATHER JAMES: confess what you did and the pain will stop.

CHIEF PRIEST: I will confess, I will confess oooo.

AFAMEFUNA: we are listening.

CHIEF PRIEST: it all began few months ago, I was in my shrine when Mazi Amadi came to meet me.

With surprise we all turned to look at Mazi Amadi.

MAZI AMADI: me, not me, what are you saying, when did I, don't dare add me to your downfall.

AFAMEFUNA: will you keep quiet or you want the guards to do that for you.

He immediately went silent, I never liked this man anyway.

CHIEF PRIEST: he said he wants me to do something for him that he will give me a plot of land as a gift, I asked him what that might be, he said he wants the prince to marry his daughter.

There where loud whispers among the elders and the servants.

CHIEF PRIEST: he said he wants the prince to fall in love with his daughter, I told him it was impossible because the prince was protected by the gods, who so ever tires to harm him will surely die, that was when he brought anything request that I should kill Amarachi the one that is making the prince not to look at his daughter.

I was growing in anger but I had to remained calm if I want to hear the end of this confession.

CHIEF PRIEST: he said he will add a million naira to the land he has promised if I succeed, the money was tempting so I agreed but killing her was now the problem as she doesn't have any friends that I could use because she was always alone most of the time, so I had to do it myself, I went to her house in the intention to lie that I am doing house cleansing then I could use that opportunity to put a charm that will kill Amarachi anytime she come across it but fortunately for me I got there and saw no one at home, I called out still no one so I went to the back yard to see if I could see anyone of them that was when I came across the pot of soup on the floor in the kitchen, I think the pot was just brought down from the fire, so I knew it make be one of them that just finished cooking, without bothering if both of they dies I poisoned the food, when I heard she didn't die but her mother did and she was taken to the king I knew I will be summoned, I was already planning to turn her oath against her in case she swears but was later told the king passed his judgment to have her executed without the oath taking, I thought everything was settled but the gods stopped communicating with me, that was why I couldn't tell anyone anything when disaster starts happening.

There were shouts from the people around me.

MAZI OKAFOR: you, chief priest, you of all people, so the king was used without him even knowing, Abomination

AFAMEFUNA: if the food was poisoned how come Amarachi is still alive.

AMARACHI: because mother ate before me.

I looked at Amarachi, we all did, her cheek were already covered in tear, I rushed to her before she could meet the floor, I saw that one coming, I knew her legs will fail her, I held her close to be as she sobbed on my clothes, I was angry now, if I get that old fool I will kill him myself.

CHIEF PRIEST: please I have confess oooo, I have confess, please for give me oooo.

My mother came to me and took Amarachi into her arms just what I needed, I allowed my mother to console her while I go deal with those fools.

AFAMEFUNA: guards.

GUARDS: yes my prince.

AFAMEFUNA: arrest that old fool.

MAZI AMADI: my prince, I didn't do anything please.

AFAMEFUNA: you will soon once I am done dealing with you, I will make you pay for everything you have done, you and your family.

He immediately went on his knees.

MAZI AMADI: please my family did nothing, it was I please spare them, please my friends help me to beg him.

MAZI OKAFOR: who is your friend, you are a disgrace to this community.

AFAMEFUNA: guard, go to his house pack any living things you see there and take them all to the community police, tell them no bail until I say so, Mazi Amadi, You will rot in jail, I will make sure of it, take him away.

The guards began to drag him out as he continued pleading for mercy.

AFAMEFUNA: and take that thing that is call a chief priest out of this palace, I don't want to continue seeing his face.

The guards went to the chief priest that was laying on the ground, he has stopped shouting all of a sudden.

GUARD: my prince

AFAMEFUNA: what

GUARD: he is dead.

AMARACHI POV

I opened my eyes and saw myself at my house, how did I get here, I called for the prince but no response, I called for Victor but still silent, I came down from my bed heading to the sitting room, everything was just the was it was before my mother died, that was when all the event that took place at the palace came to me, I broke down in tear again but this time with fear all over me, how I got to my house was a mystery to me, everywhere was so cold that I wondered if they connected a air conditioner to the house, so my mother was killed by no other person than Ada's father and the chief priest, how cruel can the world get, now I am back at the same house it all happened, was this part of the step to free the people from my mother's ghost but yet Afamefuna couldn't have left me here all by myself, he said he will be with me always, but now where was he, there was no one in the sitting room as everywhere was dark and this increased my fear, with the light coming from the full moon I used it to find my way outside that was when I saw a figure standing close to what seem like a grave, I wasn't seeing the figure clearly but I knew it was a person, I called out to him or her but the person refused to turned his face to me or even answer to my calls, I swollen hard and approached the person, as I came closer I knew it was a woman that was dressed in a white long dress.

AMARACHI: hello, please answer me, I just want to know how I got here.

UNKNOWN: because I brought you here.

The person turned and I almost lost my breath as I looked into the person eyes.
To be continued..
Itz #Viciyoung
op hwfar nah
Re: My Village Prince And I by skubido(m): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2019
Tonyspecial:
op hwfar nah

You don't have to quote all the update
Re: My Village Prince And I by Tonyspecial(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2019
skubido:

You don't have to quote all the update
Ow K
Re: My Village Prince And I by amiibaby(f): 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2020
Pls update ooo
Re: My Village Prince And I by ayoadeifee(f): 6:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
Thanks am waiting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Governor's Son And I / Forgiven By Glowingscenes / FIRE AND ICE (the Billionaire's Toy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.