Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. (27019 Views)

Ghana Policeman Beats Prostitute After She Confronted Him For Not Paying For Sex / Policeman Beats Woman To Coma In Lagos (Photos) / Policeman Beats A Lady For Refusing To Allow Him Check Her Pants (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. by XD3G: 3:27am On Sep 19, 2018
lagosrd:

Your sound educated but your position on this issue is parochial and sentimental. How sure are you that those police officers were not Ina haste to respond to distress calls. You guys keep supporting mediocrity and dignifying doubl standard just because your loyalty is long sold to your landlord.

Kindly disabuse your mind and reason from better points of views. What made the last man qualified to take the brt lane Thant doesn't make the police do the same. Sadly, the hopelessness of the lastma people have been overlooked only to be confronted by the same ambode you guys are happy to kick out.

The excesses of those guys knows no boundaries.

Hi Mate,
I really do not know what point you seem to be driving home here, but let's break down what you typed up there.

First, you seem to be accusing me of being sentimental, for condenming a Barbaric behaviour, exhibited publicly by a supposed Law Enforcer. Maybe you should check what being Narrow-Minded means, before you use it publicly or otherwise.

Next, you came up with the possibility of the MoPol responding to a Distress Call, hence, his reason for using the BRT corridor. That actually was well said, but unfortunately, the assertion becomes extremely invalid when the said MoPol, that was in a haste to respond to a Distress Call, all of a sudden, had all the time in the world to get into a fight, damage a State Property and even cause further distress to the entire Public.

You also said i was supporting Mediocrity and exalting Double Standard. How you came about that ill-founded statement, will never cease to amaze me. Perhaps, could you be kind enough to tell myself and the entire Forum Members where and how Mediocrity came into relevance in this issue,other than the MoPol, acting like he never passed through Police Academy?

You asked what Right the LASTMA Officer had too, to use the BRT Dedicated Lane. Well, let's assume that particular LASTMA Officer was not even assigned to the BRT section of the Agency, does that mean if he spots an Offender, he shouldn't apprehend him/her, or how will he stop an Offender in the BRT Corridor, withouth having to get into the Lane too?

Lastly, there was no need for you to Politicize this. It has got nothing to do with it.

Have a great one.
Re: Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. by XD3G: 3:32am On Sep 19, 2018
TONYE001:

Laws are to be obeyed irrespective of the persons involved. If we must move to the next level as a nation, we must enforce orderliness in our society (within the definitions of the law, of course). This is the only way forward.

So, my brother, as you take talk am, no be so e suppose be.

It's funny how we complain about bad governance, yet, support Injustice, Corruption and Barbarism

1 Like

Re: Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. by TeeSha(m): 8:20am On Sep 19, 2018
XD3G:

Hi Mate,
I really do not know what point you seem to be driving home here, but let's break down what you typed up there.

First, you seem to be accusing me of being sentimental, for condenming a Barbaric behaviour, exhibited publicly by a supposed Law Enforcer. Maybe you should check what being Narrow-Minded means, before you use it publicly or otherwise.

Next, you came up with the possibility of the MoPol responding to a Distress Call, hence, his reason for using the BRT corridor. That actually was well said, but unfortunately, the assertion becomes extremely invalid when the said MoPol, that was in a haste to respond to a Distress Call, all of a sudden, had all the time in the world to get into a fight, damage a State Property and even cause further distress to the entire Public.

You also said i was supporting Mediocrity and exalting Double Standard. How you came about that ill-founded statement, will never cease to amaze me. Perhaps, could you be kind enough to tell myself and the entire Forum Members where and how Mediocrity came into relevance in this issue,other than the MoPol, acting like he never passed through Police Academy?

You asked what Right the LASTMA Officer had too, to use the BRT Dedicated Lane. Well, let's assume that particular LASTMA Officer was not even assigned to the BRT section of the Agency, does that mean if he spots an Offender, he shouldn't apprehend him/her, or how will he stop an Offender in the BRT Corridor, withouth having to get into the Lane too?

Lastly, there was no need for you to Politicize this. It has got nothing to do with it.

Have a great one.

Oga....not to get involved in you guys debate.....just need to point out a thing or two.
The Lastma vehicle was blocking his.....so.....yes.....he had all the time in the world to remove the obstruction.

Not every Policeman out there passed through Police Academy. Most passed through police colleges......there's a difference.

If the lastma officials really cared about the lane being free, they shouldn't have blocked it. To me, they just wanted to seize the opportunity to "deal with" a mopol (remember after blocking him, they went to mobilize more of themselves even before the Mopol became violent, so the themselves never had a genuine intention).

Just my own analysis of the situation.

1 Like

Re: Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. by smalls001: 10:59am On Sep 19, 2018
GhostRydar1:
both oga d constitution says nobody is above the law. If he has broken the law the law should take its full course
No need to respond to him. He sounds like an uneducated person.
Re: Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. by lagosrd: 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
XD3G:

Hi Mate,

Have a great one.

You still haven't answered my question. What made a law enforcement agency like the police unable to take the brt corridor a taboo and serves the lastma the same purpose. You seems to know too much and it's somewhat confusing you.

Were the police office going on their own private capacity or in their official vehicle. Kindly disabuse your mind and free your thinking about the corridor this corridor that.

Lastma officials are a disgrace to that state. They aid and abate those commercial bus drivers at brt pick up points and yet nobody can arrest or accuse them.

Are you saying they have now become and authority to themselves. They seems not understand the work of a police officer. Maybe when we leave this Banana Republic you will get it better.
Re: Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. by XD3G: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
lagosrd:

You still haven't answered my question. What made a law enforcement agency like the police unable to take the brt corridor a taboo and serves the lastma the same purpose. You seems to know too much and it's somewhat confusing you.

Were the police office going on their own private capacity or in their official vehicle. Kindly disabuse your mind and free your thinking about the corridor this corridor that.

Lastma officials are a disgrace to that state. They aid and abate those commercial bus drivers at brt pick up points and yet nobody can arrest or accuse them.

Are you saying they have now become and authority to themselves. They seems not understand the work of a police officer. Maybe when we leave this Banana Republic you will get it better.

LoL.
Mate, apparently, it's of no use going back and forth on this issue with you. If you think, you are right - so be it.

And oh yea, don't forget, that Nairaland can be accessed from any part of the world, not just from 'your' Banana Republic.

All the Best!
Re: Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. by lagosrd: 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2018
XD3G:

LoL.
Mate, apparently, it's of no use going back and forth on this issue with you. If you think, you are right - so be it.

And oh yea, don't forget, that Nairaland can be accessed from any part of the world, not just from 'your' Banana Republic.

All the Best!

Whatever, I may not be right but the issue of discussion explains that you're not flexible enough to condemn the overzealousness of those lastma boys. They overdo everything. Just park your car and ask them for direction and see the funny creature unleaseshed on you.
Re: Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. by lagosrd: 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2018
TeeSha:

Oga....not to get involved in you guys debate.....just need to point out a thing or two.
The Lastma vehicle was blocking his.....so.....yes.....he had all the time in the world to remove the obstruction.

Not every Policeman out there passed through Police Academy. Most passed through police colleges......there's a difference.

If the lastma officials really cared about the lane being free, they shouldn't have blocked it. To me, they just wanted to seize the opportunity to "deal with" a mopol (remember after blocking him, they went to mobilize more of themselves even before the Mopol became violent, so the themselves never had a genuine intention).

Just my own analysis of the situation.

God bless you bro. I live when people are objective. Whenever anything has to do with Lagos and those lastma officers, you just see some people come to their rescue on NL without giving recourse to the implications of their behavior. The other day they stopped a millitary guy and harras the guy. So they want him to fold his arms and look as they behave in their usual barbaric way. Hell NO!

Go to Ojota and see them allow those danfo commercial bus drivers misbahave with uncountable double standards.

1 Like

Re: Policeman beats LASTMA officials in Lagos. by Emassive(m): 1:12am On Sep 24, 2018
TONYE001:

Is the MOPOL officer above the law? Kindly clarify, please.

If you Know the inhumane training that Mopols go through before they're sent into a squadron Ehn I don't think you will ever wish to offend them tallness of try to arrest what belong to one of them. You will be lucky to escape because he's just one man right there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Escapes From Ritualist Den In Delta After Being Hypnotized / Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO / My Bitter Experience At The Police Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.