Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Before The Next Big Brother Naija - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Before The Next Big Brother Naija (22976 Views)

Big Brother Naija 2018: Ex-Housemates To Return For Reunion Show / "I Would Go Nude For N45million" - Big Brother Naija 2018 Prospective Housemate / Big Brother Naija 2018 Audition Overcrowded. Lady's Wig Yanked Off (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before The Next Big Brother Naija by eleojo23: 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2018
Auditions may soon begin for the next season of BBNaija, that brilliant shindig of unhinged fandom. But for a name that connotes mentorship, BBNaija fails the office: big brothers do not reward play while serious work awaits. Entertainment is best as celebration of grit and achievement, which is why, in timing and ethic, pleasure businesses contemplate relaxation after work. And why Western societies can overhype show-business: their ancestors have fixed their shit. A poor child idling around with playmates who inherited enormous wealth is clearly not getting it. Nigeria is doing that — running entertainment as its most viable youth enterprise — emulating those who can afford to play, even as we use phone torchlight to find our feet at the dance floor.

Three months after we rested BBNaija 2018, Ghana had its own moment in a nationally televised science and maths quiz where secondary schools competed for glory. Marked by nationwide euphoria, it was captured even by the BBC, which documented the journey of Kissi Kweku, the lad that led his school to this year’s trophy. The show has been on air for 25 years, proving a sense of priority that steers youth energy in the right direction. The gains will come.

“Nigerian youth have been obsessed with the peripherals — social media, fashion, embracing the West. No one is asking the right questions: what will it take to have light for a full day? How can we, together, solve the power problem in our area?” said CNN’s Richard Quest. To question our technological slumber is to invite a punditry that, besides making a roll call of black innovators, blames Western conspiracy. Ironically, listing African technological inventors is proving the point of their minority: no one does same for the Chinese, the Europeans, or recently, the Indians. For decades, we have been “writing back to the West to correct false narratives about Africa”, rather than doing the work, which is more eloquent. Rejoinder literature cannot defeat the fact that we don’t have a bicycle brand wholly produced by ourselves.
The alternative to rejoinder nationalism is for rich black people to flaunt their wealth, showing the white man they too can afford the good life. Ironically also, the jets and Lamborghinis are produced by the people you want to spite, who look at you the same way educated Nigerians look at the money-miss-road that thinks money can compensate for illiteracy.

Often rightly blamed is the government, but little is said of other agencies of cultural development, like corporate Nigeria. Glo Naija Sings, Maltina Dance All, Gulder Ultimate Search, MTN Project Fame, Next Movie Start, etc. — can corporate Nigeria ever engage the young mind in relevant productivity, like incentivizing technological and scientific thought? Is there an imperial conspiracy in foreign multinationals promoting leisure, as opposed to what they did decades ago to help their nations to rise?

At the bottom of global racism is the black man. Asians have since risen in world reckoning by technological exuberance. Arabs have gone far, with Iran unveiling its first indigenous turbo jet engine this August. Anti-racism laws and debates may protect the black man but never elevate him; only indigenous technology and problem-solving can. A risen Black Africa will fulfill the Wakanda longings of the African-American whose racial pride, like ours, is daily wounded in Africans living in televised agony and drowning en mass at the Mediterranean, pleading western succour.

Our obsession with entertainment is consolation as celebration, in a sense understandable. The point is not that we should quit playing, but that we should refocus on things that really matter, on failings that have stripped us of dignity among decent humanity. Without electricity, we snuck to the Chinese for generators and, as we struggled to fuel them from high fuel prices, we ran back to them for power banks. Our major bold footprints are in movies and music, where heavy makeup, Ankara, and colour now perform exotic breeding in British accent.

We must quit fisting bitter truths away in fruitless rationalizations. The world is witnessing a rise in antiglobalization and we are being chased back from all over the world, as statistics of downcast humanity in Libyan slavery and Western asylum. Yet in Big Brother, we are cultivating a lucrative idolatry of leisure. Nothing is physiologically wrong with the black man, only a complex crisis of civilization solvable through a radical shift in education and culture.

And Big Brother Naija, for corporate Nigeria and in spite of government, can truly be a big brother and mentor our youth by creatively leveraging true enterprise and leisure. It can, in a fun way, incorporate technological innovative ethic into the system of auditions, giving back to a society that made its sponsors rich, instead of perennially
mindsturbating the youth for big money. For a true big brother is actually a family statesman, one that, over subsidizing their vanities, guides the youth to find the actualization they need.

Written by Immanuel James Ibe-Anyanwu

Source: https://medium.com/@immanueljamesibeanyanwu/before-the-next-bbnaija-1fb6e5999509

68 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by eleojo23: 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2018
Copy and paste the source above link your browser to confirm the source.

cc: Lalasticlala.
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Digitalwitch: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2018
The government is still at fault. We are not ready for change so we shouldn't expect corporate businesses to do that us.

3 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Digitalwitch: 10:09pm On Sep 18, 2018
We value certificate more than experience and technical skills. With all the intellectual competitions organized by many organizations, nothing has changed. Big brother is a business strategy used by the organizers to make money

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by eleojo23: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2018
^^^That's true

2 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2018
Download Free Project Topics & Materials Online...Click on the link in my Signature Now!

1 Like

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by eleojo23: 10:55am On Sep 19, 2018
eleojo23:
Copy and paste the source above link your browser to confirm the source.

cc: Lalasticlala.
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Houseofglam7(f): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2018
undecided

1 Like

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by abumoney(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2018
Biko, leave all these English. If those who went to school are been paid #30, 000 by your clueless government under the Npower scheme, and he sees where he could make millions just by relaxing in a house, what is it you're even saying. Don't just let me tel thunder to Coman strike you there. Tell your government to provide jobs for the unemployed graduates, and stop talking nonsense about those who decided to empower us through entertainment.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by lawrence35(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2018
Something I am planning to go to.

See my signature

3 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by DBossNG(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2018
hmm
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Issame: 10:34am On Sep 26, 2018
lawrence35:
Something I am planning to go to.

See my signature
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by LaBozz(f): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2018
I see. So what's next?
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by APC5556: 10:36am On Sep 26, 2018
WHO WILL SPONSOR ME
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Nistfrank(m): 10:36am On Sep 26, 2018
Nigerians prefer nudity to dignity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by viccgm: 10:36am On Sep 26, 2018
Big brother what??. Oh not again!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by myettiallah: 10:37am On Sep 26, 2018
Jhg
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by BigSarah(f): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2018
grin

Where's the venue For Audition, Make me sef go show my bweast tongue

It's clearly a joke quit quoting horrny bastardds angry

1 Like

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Naijaguy12345(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2018
embarassed Big brother is what many youth want, quick money and fame.

1 Like

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by ChiefAzubuikeh(f): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2018
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Herdsmen: 10:38am On Sep 26, 2018
Sense dey am..
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Nistfrank(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2018
when the trumpet will sound, the angel will position it towards Nigeria so that nobody will say I didn't hear it o especially these our yeye politicians, ndi ara

4 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Richdad50(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2018
Dear Nairalnders
Many people think they are watching television, but they‘re actually watching as their lives pass away. Instead of watching other people’s visions on television, why not develop your own vision and implement it. Dont just watch television. Show the world your vision- credit to Reno

3 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by COOL10(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2018
All this epistle just for Big Brother grin undecided. Mtcheww

4 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by skentelelady(f): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2018
Please let stop blaming the government for everything.

Has an individual thought of what he can do for his country? Why can the youth write proposals to all these corporate organisations to sponsor reasonable events? Or develop yourself and let big organisations sponsor your projects

Go to Asia, Europe, US etc, youths are developing themselves to make their country great. This will enable their government to step in and help in that field.

We can just lay low in our closets and expect things to happen. Change will always begin with you, an individual.

I just imagine what this generation will turn the country to in the next year's when I read some comments and see some posts even on this nairaland

No good morals, no good values to inject in the society

This will make the old men in power to continue to take the youths for granted.

6 Likes

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by nazablossom(f): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2018
viccgm:
Big brother what??. Oh not again!!!!!!!!!!!
It has come to stay grin. The sponsors are making money from it, that's what matters to them.
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Mac2016(m): 10:41am On Sep 26, 2018
This crazy thing abt to start again? shocked
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by myke92(m): 10:41am On Sep 26, 2018
Misplaced Priorities.
Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by niyisky: 10:41am On Sep 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by Akposb(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2018
This is just incredible. I yearn for that time when those who are passionate about science in its truest form will not have to run to developed nations in order to reach their fullest potential.
We should be enthusiastic about solving our problems. All hands must be on deck to build a good, sustainable and thriving economy. God bless the writer of this piece.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by SaintHilary(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2018
Abeg d stuff too long..sumone should help me summarize

1 Like

Re: Before The Next Big Brother Naija by henrydadon(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2018
Before the next what??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Last Flight To Abuja To Your Phone / Pretty Young Actress Evenny Patrick Thrill Viewers In 3 Sisters Movie / Valentine Is Here - Mr Macaroni, Mummy Wa & Ama Baby (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.