Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? (782 Views)

Age 25 With 1 Million Naira & Living With My Parents: Buy Land Or Pack Out? / Living With My Married Elder Sister / Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by OShepherd: 9:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
Something keeps bugging my mind as I grow older seeing persons I hold in high esteem involved in high level of hypocrisy especially using Religion as a facade. I find those fellows so detestable & unable to relate with them properly.
Am now beginning to think whether am too strict or serious with life especially if I had lived with the fellow with open mindedness before and now discover some level of shadiness, eye service & all those disloyal traits, I tend to withdraw from anything that has to do with him or her.
I have left several relationships & even some religious congregations in the past due to this.
Can anyone tell how one can live with Hypocritical fellows without feeling bitter Or must one blend in since you can't beat them?
Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by lalanice(f): 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
Ewe you can't, I have same experience I avoid them, still avoid staying too long around them. People don't understand why, because the person they think they know is not the same person i know without the hypocrisy.
Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by yvesboss(m): 7:34am On Sep 19, 2018
I think you should look inward and understand why they do what they do. They may be hypocritical based on your personal standard.

Unbeknownst to you, you may be seen as being hypocritical by another person /people based on their own standards as well.

In summary, ask your honest self what you will do in their shoes and then live in peace with all men. No one is perfect
Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by Richy4(m): 7:43am On Sep 19, 2018
You can't leave a religious group just because of a fellow ..There's something called keeping some one at "arms length"...Also when talking to them be polite but pass your message across in a firm manner..You can also politely challenge their ideas but make sure you got enough points...because they are always defensive and opinionated..

Also try your very best to decline any offer of gathering that has to do with hypocrites...Be it a party, bible study etc...

Also try and cultivate the habit of tuning off certain statement when you find yourself in the same gathering wit a hypocrite.. ( ie you are there but not there) If you have a talk active Girlfriend..this habit will come very handy...

If they push your button to hard.. tell them you have had it up to here with him/her grin
Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by OShepherd: 8:21am On Sep 19, 2018
Am really with you both & our lady in d room, OK, how about a work colleague who discusses & agrees on an issue with his colleagues but does something contrary behind them hoping to find favors but does the loudest prayers & religious gesticulations each morning? Several people towing such path of great deceit; ain't that scaring away some folks from religious settings too because I expect religious people to be sincere & possibly blunt as most of those they claim to follow are open & not lillyliverd be it Jesus Christ, Elijah, John d Baptist, Mohammed(SAW), Budha etc
Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by Richy4(m): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2018
You don't really need to differentiate the scenario...a hypocrite is a hypocrite... Anywhere or everywhere they are....

If you can't avoid them, then you confront them when it concerns you..But avoiding them in a place of work is better than confronting them...

But hey... U are attaching much emphasis on religion a lot as if anyone that cries lord lord will enter heaven... if you are a Christian, at least you should have known why Jesus disliked the pharisees...My advice is that do not let anyone run you out of a religious gathering expecially when you liked the place...except when you have made up your mind to leave.
Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by yvelchstores(f): 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2018
Why do u put it upon yourself? You are not their God. U may be judgemental. The bible warns against bring judgemental.
FYI, God is not like u, he is full of love and compassion, so while u wait for Him to consume the "Hypocrites" by fire, he blesses them. Why? Because u don't know how they kneel to God for forgiveness and the God I know always forgives and blesses.

U need a touch from God to repent u from this heart full of condemnation like the pharasees in the days of Jesus.
Walk in love.
Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by Uyi168: 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2018
yvelchstores:
Why do u put it upon yourself? You are not their God. U may be judgemental. The bible warns against bring judgemental.
FYI, God is not like u, he is full of love and compassion, so while u wait for Him to consume the "Hypocrites" by fire, he blesses them. Why? Because u don't know how they kneel to God for forgiveness and the God I know always forgives and blesses.

U need a touch from God to repent u from this heart full of condemnation like the pharasees in the days of Jesus.
Walk in love.
its obvious u didn't get the op

1 Like

Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by yvelchstores(f): 2:25pm On Sep 20, 2018
Uyi168:
its obvious u didn't get the op
don't worry, he gets me.
Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by nonen(m): 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
Ask Linda Ikeji and her feminist troupe.
Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by KanwuliaExtra: 9:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
Why should you feel bitter? undecided
You can only humor them as they fall into their own mess! kiss
Re: Living With Hypocrites; How Easy? by Chubhie: 9:37am On Sep 21, 2018
You are waking up. It is what it is. Observe the comedy as a neutral and amuse yourself. Don't judge them.

Look for kindred spirits and align with them. You are legions.

(1) (Reply)

25-yr-old Lady Welcomes 6 Children Within 3 Yrs Of Marriage / Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Quintuplets After 18 Years Of Waiting (photos) / What Should I Do!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.