Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,539 members, 7,801,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today (25539 Views)

Tinubu Consults Governors Of States Sharing Boundaries With Niger Republic / #EdoNoBeLagos, Ambode, Tinubu, Wike, Oshiomhole Trended During #EdoDecides2020 / Ambode: Tinubu Burst Into Tears At Meeting With Buhari & APC Governors- Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by yns4real: 6:29am On Sep 19, 2018
• Body’s decision final on gov’s fate

Gboyega Akinsanmi

Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode will today know the fate of his bid for a second term of office as the National Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu, meets with the state’s highest advisory political organ, Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC), this afternoon in Lagos to discuss the matter.

Ambode’s political future has been in limbo since Tinubu’s powerful political machine, the Mandate Movement, threw up the Managing Director of Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC), Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to challenge the governor at the party’s primary scheduled for Tuesday.

Also in the race, is another strong contender, former Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, a godson of the national leader, who has the backing of an equally powerful group, the Justice Forum.
The governor’s travail had attracted the intervention of the presidency and some governors, including Oyo State’s Senator Abiola Ajimobi that pleaded for reprieve for him.

But faced with a possible mutiny by his foot soldiers, Tinubu insisted that Ambode should test his popularity at the direct primary contest for the party’s ticket, saying he no longer wants to be accused of imposing anyone on the party.

THISDAY was told last night that the party’s national leader, however, shifted some ground on Monday by agreeing to refer the matter to the GAC, the body that advises the governor and the party leader on matters of state as well issues that concern the party.

Barring any hiccup, the meeting is expected to hold today at 4pm, if, according to a reliable THISDAY source, Tinubu returns this morning from Osogbo, the Osun State capital, where he had joined President Muhammadu Buhari and other party leaders to hold a final campaign rally for the APC candidate in next Saturday’s governorship election, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola.
THISDAY sources said the decision of the council, being the highest advisory body in the state, would be final on the matter. And it would be Tinubu’s final consultation.

The membership of the council, made up of the governor and leaders of the party across the three senatorial districts of the state, with Tinubu as chairman, include, Dr. Olorunfemi Bashorun; Senator Anthony Adefuye, Prof. Tunde Samuel, Chief Adeyemi Ikuforiji, Alhaji Tajudeen Olusi and Cardinal James Odumbaku.

The council, THISDAY learnt, had handled similar naughty issues in the past, including the controversy over the attempt by the Chief John Odigie-Oyegun-led National Executive Committee to elongate its tenure as well as the mode of primary for the selection of the party’s candidates for the general elections slated for the first quarter of next year.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/09/19/ambode-tinubu-consults-governors-advisory-council-today/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by micolaj: 6:35am On Sep 19, 2018
Will Ambode be given the ticket ? grin

Elders are just lecturing Ambode on Politics; we know how it will end grin
And you, Ambode, have forgotten that a father will always be a father. grin

Ati pe bi omode ba ni aso bi agba, ko leni Akisa bi agba lailai

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Elayna(f): 6:35am On Sep 19, 2018
I guess Apc just want to shake Ambode before giving him a second chance

63 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Ololade1999: 7:36am On Sep 19, 2018
I pray they give him a chance to contest for second term.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:38am On Sep 19, 2018
I just pray tinubu supports ambode make I see the newest song of those unstable elements called BMC grin

22 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by capitalzero: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2018
Tinubu is the chairman of Governor Advisory Council!!!! It is well.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Degift: 7:58am On Sep 19, 2018
Dribbling continues...

It is very clear that Ambode will not be given the ticket principally to ensure Tinubu's political survival from likely decimation by the presidency through wooing Ambode into an alliance thereby strengthening and using Ambode to deal with him after elections.

1 Like

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Lisaint(m): 7:59am On Sep 19, 2018
As long as i love ambode...........

I need to ask

Is second term a statutory RIGHT for all Nigerian Governors?

Is the senate a retirement home for them also?

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Jossyroyal1: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2018
grin

This man started work on almost all Lagos roads at the same time.. Thereby making life unbearable for residents with long traffic all over.. What was he doing from the beginning of his tenure??

Anything for the benefit of the people is welcomed...
You are a medical personnel or u work in hospital setting, kindly check my signature

10 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by dukie25: 9:16am On Sep 19, 2018
Lagos is going PDP.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Baawaa(m): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2018
Ambode should go and relax at home,he really damaged a lot of things

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Dollyak(f): 9:17am On Sep 19, 2018
It is absolutely wrong of anyone to take a self appointed position of authority by dictating terms to Lagos.

There's is something seriously wrong with Nigerians pilitical systems of godfatherism.

I'll consider this an insult personally if i was a Lagosian as effectively your vote doesn't matter in the scheme of things.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Sarkin: 9:18am On Sep 19, 2018
I wonder how this concerns the jobless lazy aggressive idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorists.

That's how sara-thief was telling Lagos PDP that he's going to teach them how to break the "tinumbu bondage" on the state, isn't that an exemplary show of pot calling kettle black.

The jobless lazy aggressive idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorists should mind their business like deporting their leader from his UK mansion rather than meddling in Nigerians issues.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by musicnmagic(m): 9:18am On Sep 19, 2018
How can this news contribute to the removal of bubu next year.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by mightguy(m): 9:18am On Sep 19, 2018
Mtchew. Tinubu now decides who is going to be governor now
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 19, 2018
Governors should learn not to be greedy, 4years is good enough, I don't just like the fact that they believe someone has to dictate for them who to be choosen, it really uncalled for

6 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Firefire(m): 9:20am On Sep 19, 2018
godfatherism in Nigeria politics a dangerous trend that must be abolished.

7 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 19, 2018
E just be like say na tinubu get Lagos.Even the obas are speechless.smh

3 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by tribalistseun: 9:20am On Sep 19, 2018
Tinubu is nobody, he should stop playing God. You can't be the one to detect peoples destiny.

If care is not taken PDP will take over Lagos state.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by murphyibiam15(m): 9:20am On Sep 19, 2018
only in Afonjaa land a governor bows down to his subjects.. pathetic..this can never happen in Igboland..who born you??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Racoon(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2018
Imagine Tinubu & Lagos APC fighting Ambode tooth & nail like this but keeping a stunning silience on a catastrophe Buhari whom Ambode have outshine a million but whose only offence is charting a new political order that they are not comfortable with.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Sapphire86(f): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2018
Honestly, I'm tired of hearing about Ambode every other hour. I know he wont see this but I have to pour out my mind

Gov Ambode, it is with sadness i hear you grovel because of your political ambition. I never wanted you to be elected in 2015 because of the party you represented and one or 2 issues but I must say, you came and blew my reservations away. Its sickening that you dont know your worth else you wont allowing any one individual or group determine your fate as though they have the final say.

Even if you only serve for a term, you have done well because the issues of Lagos cannot be tackled fully in 4 years but a step and process must first be implemented which you have done.

Now if you decide you still have strength and grace to go one more term, its alright but WHO TOLD YOU IF TINUBU OR MANDATE GROUP do not endorse you, you can't win? Since when did they have the final say over your life and Lagos?(Except there is something you are not telling us)

Personally, I hope you stay and fight for yours or leave and fight for yours in another party but either way, FIGHT FOR YOURS. The backbone of Tinubu must be broken in Lagos and if this is how it would be for it to happen, I'm down for it. No one man or group should hold a state ransom; I don't care if he (Tinubu) personally dines with the devil every evening.

Gov Ambode, it's time for you to grow a pair and fight. It would be tough, it would be difficult but it's not impossible. All you need are God and a fighting spirit.

P.S. I hope you didn't embezzle like your predecessors oooo

Tired of Apc, tired of Tinubu

It's my opinion... dont disturb my peace on it.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Firefire(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2018
murphyibiam15:
only in Afonjaa land a governor bows down to his subjects.. pathetic..this can never happen in Igboland..who born you??

You can lie for AFRICA.
Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 19, 2018
What is the beauty of democracy?

well, some will say it's the power given to the masses to be able to vote for their choice. well that's correct, but the beauty can also be the deceptions and gimmicks employed by the political jurgarnuts to pull the masses to their side. Now, that is the beauty of Democracy!

A case study of Lagos state. The internet and infact the ears of Nigerians home and abroad has been full of the rancours between Tinubu(Jagaban) and his godson Ambode (governor of Lagos state).

It is no more news that Ambode has been rejected by the bigwigs of Lagos political sphere and adopted the idea of Jide Sanwo-olu as the next governor of Lagos state!

Well don't be deceived, I think Tinubu is only playing politics here!

Ambode is coming back as the Governor till 2023

To me, this is very easy to decipher!

Tinubu has a rift with Ambode, yet he was allowed to finish his tenure as the Governor!
I stand corrected, Tinubu has more than 2/3(if not all) of the state house of rep law makers. He could have easily ousted the 'erring son' out of the government house with or without the consent of the masses! some allegations levied against the governor are the fact that he is destroying the legacies of the former governor and leader of Apc Party.

Tinubu would shot himself at the leg if he decides to do away with Ambode come 2019. Many people are already clamouring for change, some truly believes the change they expected from Buhari ain't forth coming, hence they need to test another shift of power!
Tinubu who has held the power mantle of Nigeria south west is not only well lettered about this fact, he knows for sure that if he should force Sanwo-olu down the throat of Lagosians, it would just be his DOOM! Have you ever heard about 'pity votes' yes, that exactly is what other Political parties would get from the masses!

Ambode is the man of the masses, no doubt! He has done so well with the developmental steering of Lagos state!

I am a man of the street and yes, I have my ears to the ground always when it comes to politics(lagos,oyo).
While some governors are busy saving Paris club Refunds for personal gains/ paying salaries... Ambode was busy using the money beautifying lagos!

You can't take it away from Lagosians, the love the have for this chubby governor can't just be wiped out yet, Asiwaju knows this too well too!

The Politics been played

See the plan:

Use Sanwo-olu as a distraction, get the governor on his toes, get enough pity from the masses (for the governor) and then show how internal democracy abounds within the party (indirect primaries). Then vote in the Incumbent(Ambode). Don't ask me, you and I know that is a sure win for the party during the General election!

Well, this is only a speculation by myself, it doesn't represent the heart of the Jugarnuts. My prayers are not too much! I pray Asiwaju doesn't shoot himself at the leg by removing Ambode, if he does..... He should just forget about Epe division of Lagos and it's environs! no matter how they score the performance of the governor, he has done so well to his hometown, Epe....

Caveat: Sanwo-olu shouldn't rejoice yet, even if he gets the mandate to bear the flag of the party, he should know the same thing would befall him... Lagos is known to set the pace, and if the pace of one tenure has been set, he also won't be spared come 2023!

Drabeey wrote this.....

1 Like

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 19, 2018
Baawaa:
Mention them.

1 Like

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by saajus: 9:25am On Sep 19, 2018
I wonder o.

4 years are enough to make impact. Do 4 years and leave office to go face your career.

Lisaint:
As long as i love ambode...........

I need to ask

Is second term a statutory RIGHT for all Nigerian Governors?

Is the senate a retirement home for them also?

5 Likes

Re: Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today by Racoon(m): 9:25am On Sep 19, 2018
Baawaa:
And Buhari did what

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Can No Longer Afford To Subsidise Fuel, Electricity – Jimi Agbaje / Tinubu made commitments: NLC, TUC hail Nigerians on turn-out / How Much Is Fuel In Your Area Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.