Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

How is minimum wage calculated? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How is minimum wage calculated? (37562 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / How Is Paye Calculated For Someone Working Overtime / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How is minimum wage calculated? by Poorboy: 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
What's the calculations if a minimum wage is added, if someone earn now 99k and minimum wage moves to 42k from the present 18k what is the expected salary of the person earning 99k now?
Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by Nobody: 2:35am On Sep 20, 2018
Minimum wage affects the lower salary earners below the new minimum wage mark. A small adjustment may be made for higher earners but nothing is guarantied.

13 Likes

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2018
Minimum wage is the lowest wage permitted by law or by a special agreement. Hence it is the least that can be paid by an employer be it private or public. This wage rate doesn't affect high income earners and even if it does, just a slight increment. An employer employing more than 6 persons should pay the minimum wage required by the law of the country.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by benadebank: 5:38am On May 02, 2019
Does the new minimum wage increase the salary of military and paramilitary in nigeria? And how is it calculated?

5 Likes

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by daddy001: 6:04am On May 02, 2019
[quote author=benadebank post=78030703]
Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by daddy001: 6:07am On May 02, 2019
benadebank:
Does the new minimum wage increase the salary of military and paramilitary in nigeria? And how is it calculated?
If your Agency got 18k minimum wage increase in 2011 it will definitely be applicable to you.So, the question is was there any increment for your Agency in 2011
Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by daddy001: 6:10am On May 02, 2019
Poorboy:
What's the calculations if a minimum wage is added, if someone earn now 99k and minimum wage moves to 42k from the present 18k what is the expected salary of the person earning 99k now?
Which state is paying 42k as minimum wage

7 Likes

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by omoadeleye(m): 6:30am On May 02, 2019
I hope my 12k increase to 30k soonest

2 Likes

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by BeardedTraveler: 6:30am On May 02, 2019
It depends on the kind of increase. There seem to be 2 types. One is a sort of across the board thing, if this method is employed you'll be getting the same amount increment as every other person in every other level. That means for this new increase, 12k will be added to your salary.

And there's a proportional one too, which will add to your salary in proportional percentage. This is more favourable as it means the higher your level, the more your salary increase
Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by GreatResearcher: 6:31am On May 02, 2019
According to research, increase in minimum wage equals increase in unemployment.

10 Likes

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by Curdlebug(m): 6:32am On May 02, 2019
Is the NYSC scheme a beneficiary of the increment?
Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by Secjohnkerry: 6:32am On May 02, 2019
Hello Good people of Nigeria,

My brother is an experienced hotel front desk personal, he's knowledgeable in the affairs of the front office and vast in the hospitality industry. He needs help to secure a job in Abuja or lagos, he's currently based in abuja. Please anyone with info on any hospitality job opportunities can reach him on (calls/sms) 07034320541. Thanks and God bless!
Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by Alamu1111: 6:32am On May 02, 2019
Me I don’t know o

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by BlackPeni5: 6:33am On May 02, 2019
omoadeleye:
Sorry sir....if you were collecting 12k when it was 18k. How sure are you that they'll answer you now.
Start your days fasting asap

3 Likes

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by JubrinElSudan: 6:33am On May 02, 2019
daddy001:
Which state is paying 42k as minimum wage
The post was created in September 2018. I guess that was when NLC was still negotiating on a new minimum wage with FG

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by Naijaguy123: 6:35am On May 02, 2019
Find the percentage difference between old wage and current wage but expect higher taxes now compare with old tax.
Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by lonelydora: 6:35am On May 02, 2019
You people should stay there and be calculating minimum wage, don't go and look for business to do.

4 Likes

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by emmasege: 6:36am On May 02, 2019
omoadeleye:
Don't Tell me your salary is 12k per month. How do you stay online and on nairaland?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by AmcySule(f): 6:36am On May 02, 2019
[quote author=Curdlebug post=78031334]Is the NYSC scheme a beneficiary of the increment?[/YES]
Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by Rootprof(m): 6:36am On May 02, 2019
Those who know did not talk. As for me the minimum wage as caused confusion already and I think it's a deliberate act so that at the end of the day workers won't be able to challenge any amount the government later pays. So till then keep working and hoping for the best. Have a wonderful day all.

1 Like

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by Officialgarri: 6:37am On May 02, 2019
omoadeleye:
Mumu, u no go finish your NYSC first abi?
Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by GreatResearcher: 6:37am On May 02, 2019
Curdlebug:
Is the NYSC scheme a beneficiary of the increment?
very very
Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by searay(m): 6:38am On May 02, 2019
Different organizations has their different salary structure. Doctors, Teachers, nurses, military, judicial workers etc

2 Likes

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by lilllly(m): 6:42am On May 02, 2019
Secjohnkerry:
Hello Good people of Nigeria,

My brother is an experienced hotel front desk personal, he's knowledgeable in the affairs of the front office and vast in the hospitality industry. He needs help to secure a job in Abuja or lagos, he's currently based in abuja. Please anyone with info on any hospitality job opportunities can reach him on (calls/sms) 07034320541. Thanks and God bless!

Has he tried Abuja_jobs on Instagram? They post available jobs in Abuja daily. I also saw a hotel ad from few days ago.

5 Likes

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by Geesaintagape: 6:42am On May 02, 2019
Formula= present salary x 30k/18k

9 Likes

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by geosuzzy(f): 6:42am On May 02, 2019
Hope no be say u wan go debt ? E go clear for ur eyes wen u see say na only 2k join ur salary..

1 Like

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by omoadeleye(m): 6:47am On May 02, 2019
Officialgarri:

Mumu, u no go finish your NYSC first abi?

Haaahaa, you got me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How is minimum wage calculated? by sunbbo(m): 6:55am On May 02, 2019
Leave your organisation with the calculation, don't forget the more you earn the more your tax.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria / 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand / I Want To Quit My Banking Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.