Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos (11553 Views)

Words From The Izon(ijaw) Language In Nigeria / When Women Seek To Trap Men With " Kayan Mata" / How Did The People Of Bauchi Loose Their Language. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2018
stanluiz:
Yoruba will put immigration boarded in our one NIGERIA. Continue to deceive yourself grin
Calm down and enjoy one Nigeria.

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom gmbuharii greenback eternaltruths Alariiwo sarrki shalomc jumpandpas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Simbrixton(m): 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
immhotep:

Group of losers LMAO.
Calm down and accept that Igbo amaka.

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom gmbuharii greenback eternaltruths Alariiwo sarrki shalomc jumpandpas
hate no fam! I am logical bros calm down I hate no one am just on a mission to protect my people
Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Simbrixton(m): 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
immhotep:

Group of losers LMAO.
Calm down and accept that Igbo amaka.

losers? OK o let's see what happens
Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Kingsley121(m): 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
The best way to do that is to include Igbo language as a subject in schools in Lagos and make it compulsory for Igbo speaking children... I was born in Lagos and went to a state owned secondary school and we were all forced to offer one of the 3 ethnic languages in school, in this case Yoruba language was the default language cos we never had an Igbo teacher...Most parents that don’t speak to the language to the kids is mainly because most of them ain’t fluent in the Language.. We should encourage diversity in cultures, yoruba is one of the simplest languages to learn, i didn’t pay attention in class cos everyone all conversed in the yoruba language, making a non-yoruba student look dumb....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
Simbrixton:
hate no fam! I am logical bros calm down I hate no one am just on a mission to protect my people
To protect your people by championing Igbo hatred.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
Simbrixton:
losers? OK o let's see what happens
Get a life and stop plotting evil.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by dreamwords: 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
laurel03:
IBO ko ojukwu ni
All I know is Lagos is Yoruba state and in western Nigeria which take can't move the land to Biafra once they get out of Nigeria.

which part of lagos is a yoruba state

yoruba amala
Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Simbrixton(m): 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
immhotep:

Get a life and stop plotting evil.

one love bro stay boastful smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by sammirano: 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
unserious lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Keep fooling yourself...

Speak igbo to the conductors and traders grin

You dey mind the mumu guy.
Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Simbrixton(m): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
immhotep:

To protect your people by championing Igbo hatred.

fulanis are the true enemies of yorubas but igbos are a massive distraction i don't hate igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by ipobarecriminals: 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2018
sad ipob and their confused lifestyle. Instead make those elder warn their pip\ against criminality development, nah Akpu lang dem develop ipobarecriminals
Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
Simbrixton:
fulanis are the true enemies of yorubas but igbos are a massive distraction i don't hate igbos
Support one Nigger-Area and stop hating everyone and creating enemies upandan.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
Dacronym:
Hello all I bought 300# credit form ecobank now and I have not been credited how do I get my 10k from them as directed by CBN
If you help me get it I will give you a Cut

Keep deceiving yourself, you hear?
Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Churchill1212: 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
vanbonattel:
How else do they wish to promote it? The whole Lagos b is speaking Igbo, go to any public places, or markets and speak yoruba, nobody will understand you.
typical ipob reasoning no brain at all at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
goodnessme1:
not bad,if we yorubas can accommodate ibos with their dominating spirit,why wont we accommodate their language.

I'm waiting for when shame will catch you enough to stop denying your Igbo tribe on this public forum.

Going through your posts is easy to see that you are Igbo.

You fool no one but yourself.

But continue. It's always interesting to observe a self deluded human being dancing naked in the market square while convincing herself that she's wearing danshiki.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Tundeobama(m): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
ibo come be tribe people who are ashamed of their language even in east.Yoruba will come and teach u how to promote language.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Sharpsword: 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2018
Lol...is it the same language UNICEF predicted will be extinct by 2050, instead of finding ways to stop this they are fixated on Lagos... what are they doing with that language sef,port to better language jor like your people are doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Crossboy(m): 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2018
Chai Igbos Wan Chance Lagos From Yorubasgrin But Since Ave Never Lived In Lagos Lemme Keep Shut And Keep Reading Comments

1 Like

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by omooba969(m): 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2018
goodnessme1:
not bad,if we yorubas can accommodate ibos with their dominating spirit,why wont we accommodate their language.

Did you say dominating spirit? undecided

Well, no comment. cool
Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
Mrnairalandd:
Lmao!!!

They just want to be relevant by all means in Lagos state

We ll chase them out las las

This time around, it ll be “Igbo must go not Ghana”. grin grin grin

What do you expect your children to speak when your whole region economy depends on Yoruba land success?

We lead they follow as usual

Yorubas aren’t struggling to educate their offsprings not to speak Igbo cos Yoruba children and future generation ll never be interested in the East. grin grin grin

They should just humbly ask Yorubas to colonise them so as to build their comatose economy to contain them in the East instead of wandering around the facet of earth

If you go to the West, their children just littered everywhere with Aba made products and Gala with Lacasera. Kilode!

The same Igbos ll still go to their villages in the East, the villages/towns that were developed from the money they made in the West and begin to disrespect their host in the West with Biafra rhetorics. Kontinue!

The day Yorubas decide to put immigration border in Ondo State which i think it’s the gateway state to Yoruba Nation coming from the East, that ll be the beginning of the end of your chest beating rhetorics and businesses unless the Northerners come to your rescue. grin

The same IGBOS u fought a 3 year civil war to bring back to Nigeria?

We will live with our decisions grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
lathrowinger:
Same things should apply to all the Eastern state. They should all add Yoruba to their programs
Come n add it Sir.
Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
Herex6:
just tell us you want to carry Lagos go Biafra...egocentric set of people

Same People u fought for 3 years to make sure they are here wit u in naija.

Cry us a river grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 19, 2018
laurel03:
All I know is Lagos is Yoruba state and in western Nigeria which take can't move the land to Biafra once they get out of Nigeria.
Lagos will be a colony of biafra wen biafra arrives...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 19, 2018
laurel03:

Lagos is no man's land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
Otunba2004:
Let them go back to their father land not here in yoruba land,, wait O all these igbo people una no dey shame, una go come another person land come dey form,, I begg make oloriburuku buhari give igbo their biafra jare, they should leave our land.

After fighting igbos to keep them in Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
Toosure70:
why Lagos?
Because it is a no man's land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
ibedun:

See mumu! Can you survive without Yoruba money and economy? If so, I dare you to face gully erosion land.

One Nigeria.

3 Likes 3 Shares

goodnessme1:

Yorubas are not accommodating igbos in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by nokatakata: 11:33pm On Sep 19, 2018
How about focusing on stopping your brothers from jumping outta the window and committing suicide just to escape immigration. How about rescuing and preventing your brothers from getting wasted in Asian cells for peddling drugs? No be person wey dey alive go fit speak language...oshi ati iranu

1 Like

Re: Igbos Seek To Promote Their Language In Lagos by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

There is a new Ibo tribe, the ones born in Lagos. They no longer wish to be associated or identified with the crude, brutish thing born in East. To them, being called Igbo or Ibo is a denigration, a disrespect. They prefer to be acknowledged as yoruba, with small "y", than to be called Ibo, Igno, Omo Ibo, Okoro or Yanminri. This person, goodnessme, is yoruba. grin

Now I understand. I feel for her though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Manjack People From Senegal / Alaye Of Ayedun Ekiti Dies At 101 / Why You Cant Succeed In This Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.