Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds (28431 Views)

Cowbellpedia 2019: Shocker! As Oluwafemi Adeyanju Takes An Early Exit / Cowbellpedia 2019: The Return Of Jessey Uche-Nwichi, The Mathematics Wizard / Akinfoluhan Akinleye & Chinedu Mgbemena Winners Of 2018 Maths Cowbellpedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by israelmao(m): 7:23am On Sep 20, 2018
Education is always sweet when you have supportive and loving parents but frustrating when it is the other way round.Notch-up performance from Faith,your faith has moved mountains!

4 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:24am On Sep 20, 2018
lonelydora:
Wait ooo, Do those kids have question bank? How do they look at some and just answer the question without solving?

Those kids are the real 'Leaders of Tomorrow'
The device in front of them displays the questions, so they solve in their heads.

3 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by Krafty006: 7:25am On Sep 20, 2018
kudos....
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by OgahBohz: 7:25am On Sep 20, 2018
mhenn this is so amazing to hear ..
and one yeye over hyped sec school in Lagos called Good Shepherd wee be der forming quality education blah blah blah ...where ss3 students pay over 600k before graduation ...
yet them never ever win any award talk more of setting record awon oloshi!...

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by lonelydora: 7:29am On Sep 20, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

The device in front of them displays the questions, so they solve in their heads.

I know, but how do they solve some of the questions in their head so fast without writing on the rough paper provided? Even factorization questions
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by ketangaaa: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2018
amazing kid
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by qanda: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2018
Amazing feat. If you are a parent, uncle, guardian. Tell your wards about Q and A App. It's one of the safest and most useful app your ward should have on their phones. They can download useful study materials and past questions on the App and it's for FREE.
Download Q and A App from Google Playstore

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by cpapa: 7:34am On Sep 20, 2018
lonelydora:
Wait ooo, Do those kids have question bank? How do they look at some and just answer the question without solving?

Those kids are the real 'Leaders of Tomorrow'
pls can we change those kids with our current leaders at least they will do better that our leaders .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by thinkdip(m): 7:40am On Sep 20, 2018
dejt4u:
Mr Iyanu Osewa is indeed a great mathematics teacher.

I hope to see my students in the contest next year.
Mathematics/calculations runs in that family. Even their father is a Pharmacist

2 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by Jaqenhghar: 7:41am On Sep 20, 2018
These are the kind of students that should be nurtured. In sane climates, scholarships, internships, funding for research, .......everything she needs to contribute positively will be provided
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by lexy2014: 7:47am On Sep 20, 2018
BrandSpurNG:
A new competition record has been set in the history of Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematics Television Quiz Show, sponsored by Cowbell Milk, the foremost brand from Promasidor Nigeria Limited.

As against the record set by Emmanuel Mebude, a student of Ogunlade Memorial Secondary School, Surulere, Lagos, who answered 17 questions in the 60 Seconds of Fame segment of the competition in 2017, Faith Odunsi of The Ambassadors College, Ota Ogun State, solved 19 Mathematics questions in that segment to advance to the semi-finals of this year’s edition in the junior category Group F.

She was joined in the semi-finals by Ifeanyi Anyoku of the Graceland International School, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

The feat by the duo sent four of their colleagues out of the Quiz Show. These include Gospel Omosebi of Bibo Oluwa Academy, Ilesha, Osun State; Umar Muhammad of Nigerian Tulip International College, Damaturu, Yobe State; and Shekinah Odola of Evangel Group of Schools, Gombe, Gombe State.

Faith, the only female semi-finalist in Group F, described her experience in the Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematics Television Quiz Show as fantastic and interesting. “I pray to sustain the momentum and win. I will feel very great to be crowned a champion,” she said.

Ifeanyi, who was thrilled to have crossed the hurdle, thanked his teachers for believing in him and promised to up the ante as the competition progresses.

In the senior category, Adebisi Ademola of Reality High School, Ilesha, Osun State and Enoch Adelekan from The Ambassadors College, Ota Ogun State, progressed to semi-finals.

The four contestants who could not make it beyond the first and second rounds in this group are: Joshua Umoh of Monef High School, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State; Akachukwu Onyuike of Nigerian Tulip International College, Abuja; James Gabriel of Deeper Life High School, Calabar, Cross River State; and Mairo Musa-Machima of El-Kanemi College, Maiduguri, Borno State.

A highly-spirited Adebisi promised to channel all his energy and capacity to win the ultimate prize. “I feel excited scaling this hurdle. But my ultimate ambition is to win and become the 2018 Cowbellpedia champion,” he said.

On his part, Enoch expressed huge relief for getting to this stage and prayed that he becomes the champion to make himself, his parents and his school proud.

To commemorate the 20th anniversary of Cowbell and Mathematics in Nigeria, this year’s prize money has been doubled as winners in both categories will receive N2 million each with an all-expense paid educational excursion outside the country; while the first and second runners-up will receive N1.5 million and N1 million respectively.

The teachers of the top prize winners will be awarded N500,000, while those of the first and second runners-up will receive N400,000 and N300,000 respectively.

Also, each of the winning schools will be presented with Mathematics textbooks, desktop computers and printers.

The 2018 Cowbellpedia Secondary Schools Mathematics Quiz continues this weekend. It will be aired to millions of viewers on DSTV Africa Magic Family Channel, AIT Network and other six television stations across the country.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/female-student-smashes-cowbellpedia-records-answers-19-questions-in-60-seconds/
that means, next year d cash prizes will b lower. How much do they pay big brother contestants?
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:49am On Sep 20, 2018
lonelydora:

I know, but how do they solve some of the questions in their head so fast without writing on the rough paper provided? Even factorization questions
Those questions have strategies, but this doesn't erase the fact that the kids are good. They are so fast! They have also been trained to answer the questions in such a quick manner.

3 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by lexy2014: 7:50am On Sep 20, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
These are the kind of students that should be nurtured. In sane climates, scholarships, internships, funding for research, .......everything she needs to contribute positively will be provided
bros leave matter. This is a country were big brother has more value than education but later u will hear all these employers say Nigerian graduates are unemployable when they have money 2 sponsor rubbish but nothing 2 encourage education

2 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by Dlastprophet: 7:56am On Sep 20, 2018
lonelydora:

lonelydora:

I used to wonder how too until someone explained that they would have given them the questions to study ahead of time. Then on the real quiz day, the same questions will be renumbered differently from how they appeared on those previously given. So, they rely on their memory rather than trying to solve them within 2 or 3 seconds. It's just a matter of recalling the answers they once arrived at while preparing. The individual with the best memory wins.

3 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by Dhortunn(m): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2018
lonelydora:

How true is this?

Very true. Use Google, you will find out more.

3 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by UncleSnr(m): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:37am On Sep 20, 2018
lonelydora:

Thats why they were chosen by their respective schols and scaled various stages of the competition to emerge to that stage.
Some children are extremely gifted.
I had one of such in my SSS class then, Abioye. That guy was fire I swear!
I heard he got a scholarship of sorts and left the country for his A Levels and College.
God gives each of us our individual talents, these kids have found theirs.

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by Gerrard59(m): 8:37am On Sep 20, 2018
Dlastprophet:

I used to wonder how too until someone explained that they would have given them the questions to study ahead of time. Then on the real quiz day, the same questions will be renumbered differently from how they appeared on those previously given. So, they rely on their memory rather than trying to solve them within 2 or 3 seconds. It's just a matter of recalling the answers they once arrived at while preparing. The individual with the best memory wins.

This is not true. My sister has represented a school listed in the article at the state's level and she said it's drilling - thorough - that does it not being given questions beforehand. These individuals are trained by their teachers on how to answer certain questions if not all without using the calculator. My sister can answer some tough mathematical questions without using a calculator - which is how they are trained.

Showing them the question beforehand makes the process non meritocratic and as such it's not possible. Your assertion is false.

@Topic: Kudos to Ambassadors College. Every student can know mathematics, it depends on the support system (teachers, school and parents).

5 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by BENEAMATA: 8:38am On Sep 20, 2018
Uniquewise:

Ambassadors College, Ota..that's Seun Osewa's mum's school, right? Hmmm, that's another feather to their cap.
singing ; so we can call him 'small doctor ' , omo iya tiiisha !

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by BalogunIdowu(m): 8:44am On Sep 20, 2018
These are things we should support but no entertainment has washed away everyones sense!
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2018
dejt4u:
Mr Iyanu Osewa is indeed a great mathematics teacher.

I hope to see my students in the contest next year.

Are you a maths teacher?
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by mechanics(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2018
That's true, i saw the babe displaying her talent, she's very intelligent.
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by dejt4u(m): 9:10am On Sep 20, 2018
gbosaa:

Are you a maths teacher?
yes sir
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by 1miccza: 9:16am On Sep 20, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Nice but why is it that schools in Lagos hardly win any international competitions

Because most of their students resort to Yahoo instead of books.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by KrystosCJ(m): 9:25am On Sep 20, 2018
More record-breaking feats, please! And I wish them the best in their academic sojourns.
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by itchie: 9:45am On Sep 20, 2018
Smart kid
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by OhiOfIhima: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2018
Ambassadors College... One of the best private Secondary School in Otta, Oju ore, equally affordable.. My cousins college. former champions.
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by femliany(m): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2018
IKJ66:
Now you can start using ur phone for something productive aside Facebook, Instagram or Whatsapp or even Snap Chat�‍♂
Learn graphics design with your phone...
how is that possible bro? is there any application for it? pls keep me posted on it
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by Danimane(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2018
GrammarNazi1:
...solve as many...
thanks

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by Scandium: 10:49am On Sep 20, 2018
Do these kids get idea of the questions beforehand? the speed they use in answering those questions is amazing
Re: Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds by sanmitee(m): 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2018
Ilesha no dey disappoint back to back. Salutes Olusesi...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chioma Blessing Obidigbo Emerges Top Performing Student In 2022 WASSCE / 2019 UTME: JAMB Speaks On Cut-off Marks / Examples Of Transition Words That Will Spice Up Your Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.