Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! (602 Views)

National Grid Collapses, Plunges Lagos, Others Into Darkness / TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / 9 Hours Of Darkness As National Grid Collapses For The 10th Time In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! by tomakint: 6:46am On Sep 20, 2018
Just so you know

Those tall pylons you see along the expressways bearing electricity cables, are the Transmission Lines for electric power. The combined total of those 330kVa Transmission Lines and the substations, is called the Transmission Network or National Grid. When the Transmission Network is robust and connected, power reliability is made efficient.

The total length of the National Grid of Nigeria is 7000km. It cannot wheel 5000mW of electricity even if we could produce that.

The total length of the combined 4 regional grids in the USA is 576,000km. It can wheel 3 million mW.

Despite these glaring facts, Fashola and APC said they would provide steady electricity for Nigeria within 6 months. One word for them, please.. Now you know please share with friends.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! by objobj: 7:17am On Sep 20, 2018
You made a technical insight into the issue and crowned it with political master piece

I was alighning with your points untill you made another turn.
Smh
Re: The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! by tomakint: 7:31am On Sep 20, 2018
objobj:
You made a technical insight into the issue and crowned it with political master piece

Smh
Sorry my APC friend, I thought you will pick the lesson painted in my piece and look away the political undertone but you choose to concentrate on the political tone

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! by BafanaBafana: 7:37am On Sep 20, 2018
So you are saying the length of the grid is fixed and can not be increased?
Re: The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! by mrbaba18(m): 7:43am On Sep 20, 2018
Zombies
Re: The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! by Ballmer: 7:49am On Sep 20, 2018
tomakint:
Just so you know

Those tall pylons you see along the expressways bearing electricity cables, are the Transmission Lines for electric power. The combined total of those 330kVa Transmission Lines and the substations, is called the Transmission Network or National Grid. When the Transmission Network is robust and connected, power reliability is made efficient.

The total length of the National Grid of Nigeria is 7000km. It cannot wheel 5000mW of electricity even if we could produce that.

The total length of the combined 4 regional grids in the USA is 576,000km. It can wheel 3 million mW.

Despite these glaring facts, Fashola and APC said they would provide steady electricity for Nigeria within 6 months. One word for them, please.. Now you know please share with friends.

and PDP lacks this piece of information for 16 good years they were in power ? What word do Nigerians have for the foolish PDP ?

Pls note I asked Nigerians not Ipob or Igbos.
Abeg O !

objobj:

Smh

You must be new to dealing with this PDP paid bigot from the mud enclave.
Re: The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! by tomakint: 8:46am On Sep 20, 2018
Ballmer:

and PDP lacks this piece of information for 16 good years they were in power ? What word do Nigerians have for the foolish PDP ?

Pls note I asked Nigerians not Ipob or Igbos.
Abeg O !

You must be new to dealing with this PDP paid bigot from the mud enclave.

Whoever turns you into this must be wicked. NigeriaAir is in the news already cheesy grin can you discuss that
Re: The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! by fergie001: 9:10am On Sep 20, 2018
Sir tomakint...please avail yourself of these facts..
NB:I am not partisan and one who believes Nigeria deserves better...

a) Transmission lines are unit-ed in kV.....generators ans transformers are unit-ed in kVA

b)The total length of the National Grid in Nigeria is close to 10000km and not 7000km....

Though,the power issue needs a lot of finances, its something that will need heavy investments in.....
It's a combination of issues...can this Government solve the problem?NO
But they can start the process.....
Re: The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! by Ballmer: 10:42am On Sep 20, 2018
tomakint:

Whoever turns you into this must be wicked. NigeriaAir is in the news already cheesy grin can you discuss that

Like it was not PDP that ate Nigeria Airways mumu
Re: The Truth About National Grid In Nigeria! by tomakint: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2018
Ballmer:

Like it was not PDP that ate Nigeria Airways mumu
As usual the nursery rhymes of APC zombies blame PDP for your follies grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

[watch Video] Senator Melaye Uses Handkerchief To Clean Saraki’s Seat / World Bank Admits: Our Advice To Nigeria Caused Problems In Health, Education / Benue Guber: Oshiomhole Insists On Daniel Onjeh As Jime’s Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.