Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,761 members, 7,802,322 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo (2445 Views)

Sporting CP To Rename Stadium CR7 In Honor Of Cristiano Ronaldo / Breakdown Of Cristiano Ronaldo's Contract At Juventus / Juventus Completes Signing Of Cristiano Ronaldo For £105m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Niorte: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2018
Ronaldo greatest undoing was his move to Juventus. In life, one needs to understand that certain environment or location can contribute to one's success. He was fantastic at Real Madrid, but decided to leave for a lesser Club - Juventus.

Considering also that Serie A clubs are very defensive and can make a lifetime injury on a player's career. Ronaldo's decision was his undoing. A player who always scores now needs patience and prayers from his fans before he can score. That is retrogression....

Very soon, people will come to terms that his move to Juventus was a great mistake. In a short while, the management of Juventus might me hostile on him if he did not justify the money spent on him.

My take away from the Messi-Ronaldo career is that one should stay with a company where one is celebrated and where the environment enhances one's productivity and efficiency.

Messi celebrated his 18 years in Barcelona with a hat trick during their opening match against PSV.

To someone reading this, before you take a move for greener pastures, ensure you are able to do your SWOT analysis - Know your strength, weakness, opportunity and threat.

For Ronaldo, he has gone to a league where we can find high quality defenders. A striker that plays against strong defenders on a weekly basis will soon get tired or fatigued.

While Messi is celebrating a hat trick in a new Champions league season, his fellow competitor is in a mess of three matches ban.

Finally, stay where you are as long as you are celebrated and achieving great feats. You don't need to impress the world by travelling world over and changing company. This has cost Zlatan Ibrahimovic many accolades that could have made him the best of all time!

3 Likes

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Anduku: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2018
That shouldn't have been a red card. That referee needs to be sanctioned. And Ronaldo is still the greatest

1 Like

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Kingosytex(m): 8:26am On Sep 20, 2018
i think it shouldnt have been a red but what baffles me is that the referee made due consultations with his assistants b4 issuing the RED, so the ref wasnt in a hurry. i still think dat ronaldo wouldnt have seen red had it been he was still playing for real madrid
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Dailymemoirs: 8:32am On Sep 20, 2018
The writer if this article has no sense. When has changing club been an offense. When Ronaldo left Manchester United was it an offense. Didn't get succeed despite not winning anything in his first season and being injured. U just pick up a pen and compose bullshit ideas. What a shame

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Dailymemoirs: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2018
If a player with Ronaldo's fitness level cannot face Italian defenders then who can. Have we not seen old players last long in Italy. Did Ronaldo choose to leave Real Madrid ..do u know about the voting online by Madrid fans where 81% wanted him out. U don't pick a pen and write just for writing sake ensure ur idea makes meaning. You heard all the rumours of Neymar and mbappe and still feel he should stay to play where. Ronaldo was undermined by his club ..Messi wasn't....don't compare the two

2 Likes

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Niorte: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2018
Dailymemoirs:
The writer if this article has no sense. When has changing club been an offense. When Ronaldo left Manchester United was it an offense. Didn't get succeed despite not winning anything in his first season and being injured. U just pick up a pen and compose bullshit ideas. What a shame
I wish you were courteous! Nevertheless, I understand that some people are very emotional about Ronaldo and Messi.

Ronaldo moving from Manchester United to Real Madrid can be liked to moving from one sales department to another while his move to Juventus was like moving from sales department to production department.

Manchester United is an ambitious club (very rich club)

Real Madrid is an ambitious club (very rich club)

C Ronaldo is an ambitious player

Is Juventus that ambitious and rich like the other two clubs?

Leave sentiment aside, Ronaldo is already feeling the pain of his move. He didn't cry because of the red card, he cried because his opportunity to meet up expectations was cut short. He cried because Juventus are winning without him. He cried because strange things are happening in his present career phase.

3 Likes

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Dailymemoirs: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2018
U don't know football. Mourinho who has been changing club so he can experience winning different places is he a fool. U think everyone wants to stay at a place . Some people want to win different places. Second I mentioned the factors that led to his Madrid exit. U didn't address it. U just pick up a pen and write Bullshit. Instead of u to criticize bad officiating u come here talking trash. U r not fit to pundit football.go and learn ur work well before coming to pundit.

6 Likes

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Niorte: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2018
Dailymemoirs:
If a player with Ronaldo's fitness level cannot face Italian defenders then who can. Have we not seen old players last long in Italy. Did Ronaldo choose to leave Real Madrid ..do u know about the voting online by Madrid fans where 81% wanted him out. U don't pick a pen and write just for writing sake ensure ur idea makes meaning. You heard all the rumours of Neymar and mbappe and still feel he should stay to play where. Ronaldo was undermined by his club ..Messi wasn't....don't compare the two
That's where you are missing it.
Italian league has more defenders than strikers. Ronaldo is an ambitious striker.

Average goals in a match in Premiership is over 2 goals.
Average goals in a match in Laliga is over 2.5 goals
But average goals in a match in Serie A is under 2.5
This means his scoring chances have been reduced significantly. Ronaldo is a great player no doubt but the league he is, does not support his style of play.

1 Like

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Dailymemoirs: 9:05am On Sep 20, 2018
He scored more times against the legendary Juventus defense. With Gigi, chellini so how can that be a factor. He is Europe all time scorer in international even in an average Portuguese team. Stop talking trash ....Ronaldo has not played ten games and ur concluding. He has won 3 man of the match in 4 league games so it's struggle to u....u have no idea believe me

1 Like

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by horlarwereleh(m): 9:22am On Sep 20, 2018
Niorte:
That's where you are missing it.
Italian league has more defenders than strikers. Ronaldo is an ambitious striker.

I wish you can just stop arguing with that guy bro, its either he understands and pretends not to or he doesnt understand at all!!!
You are so onpoint jare, i feel you
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by horlarwereleh(m): 9:24am On Sep 20, 2018
With the way he is going, am not sure he will play two seasons there!!! Cause the way it is now, he is getting so frustrated!!
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by HazardMan(m): 9:43am On Sep 20, 2018
He needs time to adapt with Juventus, u don't expect him to just blow at once in a new environment.
Juventus is also a great club by the way.
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Dailymemoirs: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2018
Something starting with challenges doesn't mean it will end badly. Go and see Ronaldo's history and see how he always ends after a challenge. Last season they said he was finished he still did wonders despite starting badly. When people have a great history u don't undermine them. It's an insult to undermine Ronaldo. Italy has good defense yes...so should people who are world class run away from it. If Ronaldo is scared of Italy it means he isn't as good as he is. Because Messi struggles outside Barcelona Ronaldo should be like him and remain. Ronaldo is bigger in audacity than Messi he can choose make changes if he wants. He has won everywhere he has played. To make a change is the right thing to do. As for u above who said u agree with the point. It's because u too don't know football.
Just like the poster...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by angelboy01(m): 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2018
Bro you obviously don't know football. So because he was redcarded meant that he went to a bad club.
Well check this out.
UEFA investigating Ronaldo Red card because hefty bet was placed in Turin and Russia for Ronaldo to be sent off in this match

Russian mobster betted 23M
Arab sheikh betted 34M

*was it planned* �.
Ronaldo already won all he needed to win at Madrid so why stay? He told them he needed an increment in his wages and Madrid declined. This same Ronaldo met Juventus a couple of times at the UEFA champions league and knocked them out black and blue so nothing like Italian league being defensive, Ronaldo is a winner who likes challenges, he made the right choice by going to Juventus because he knows the club is a winning team and he could win the Champions League with them. To me he's trying to break another record which he always do, he didn't make any mistake. He already has 2 goals to his name considering his age 33. Even my own Drogba was already diminished at that age. Leave Ronaldo alone, after all he's getting paid

1 Like

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
[quote author=Dailymemoirs post=71359866] "As for u above who said u agree with the point. It's because u too don't know football." I don't get this. When has consenting to an opinion become a crime? Your post was making sense before you came up with the quoted stuff. This is a platform where everyone has the right to project his/her opinion; as far as rationality is concerned, whatever u just said now is your own opinion and not necessarily the objective TRUTH of the matter. You telling others that they don't know football just because they don't share the same opinion with you is utterly absurd and hilarious. What makes you think that what you are saying now is right? Are you the inventor of football game? Why not say what you think and stop making a mess of other people's opinion?
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
first of all....

I enjoy the way Messi plays... more than any other player!
back to the issue,

op what are u saying? that a big fish in a small pond is better than a small fish in a big pond?
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Karaske: 2:54pm On Sep 20, 2018
I Believe He Insulted The Player He Fouled, Thats What Led To The Red Card
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Holymann(m): 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
Dailymemoirs:

STFU
Op is right, CR7 made a MISTAKE by leaving Madrid.
he wouldn't get the same quality of servicing or protection he had at Madrid.
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Yemsam01: 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
I do not see any sense in what op is saying
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2018
Niorte:
I wish you were courteous! Nevertheless, I understand that some people are very emotional about Ronaldo and Messi.

Ronaldo moving from Manchester United to Real Madrid can be liked to moving from one sales department to another while his move to Juventus was like moving from sales department to production department.

Manchester United is an ambitious club (very rich club)

Real Madrid is an ambitious club (very rich club)

C Ronaldo is an ambitious player

Is Juventus that ambitious and rich like the other two clubs?

Leave sentiment aside, Ronaldo is already feeling the pain of his move. He didn't cry because of the red card, he cried because his opportunity to meet up expectations was cut short. He cried because Juventus are winning without him. He cried because strange things are happening in his present career phase.

Just stop posting nonsense pls.
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Jokerman(m): 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
Nairaland expert....
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Pyrusdrago(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
Opinion are not facts OP, within your heart you know this guy is one of the greatest player of all time . In this short lifespan your best advise for cr7 (if you were to be his adviser) would have been this gibberish you wrote. Stagnation right ? How then will he know his full potential if not to do the impossible. Messi Is a great player too with unbelievable talent. but then you also know (even if you don’t want to admit it) if he’s out of his present club he’ll probably fade away and you can see that record in the National team. Cr7 as a boy left England a knight, Spain as a hero. believe it or not in my own opinion he’s likely leave Italy a god. You know his accolades weight the odds of him succeeding wait a Lil while I promise you he’ll shock you ones more wink
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by ArticleBeast: 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2018
angelboy01:
Bro you obviously don't know football. So because he was redcarded meant that he went to a bad club.
Well check this out.
UEFA investigating Ronaldo Red card because hefty bet was placed in Turin and Russia for Ronaldo to be sent off in this match

Russian mobster betted 23M
Arab sheikh betted 34M

*was it planned* �.
Ronaldo already won all he needed to win at Madrid so why stay? He told them he needed an increment in his wages and Madrid declined. This same Ronaldo met Juventus a couple of times at the UEFA champions league and knocked them out black and blue so nothing like Italian league being defensive, Ronaldo is a winner who likes challenges, he made the right choice by going to Juventus because he knows the club is a winning team and he could win the Champions League with them. To me he's trying to break another record which he always do, he didn't make any mistake. He already has 2 goals to his name considering his age 33. Even my own Drogba was already diminished at that age. Leave Ronaldo alone, after all he's getting paid
Link pls to the betting stuff o
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Damfostopper(m): 2:16am On Sep 21, 2018
Holymann:

STFU
Op is right, CR7 made a MISTAKE by leaving Madrid.
he wouldn't get the same quality of servicing or protection he had at Madrid.
bla bla bla bla and bla

Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Fxwarrior: 4:57am On Sep 21, 2018
Niorte:
Ronaldo greatest undoing was his move to Juventus. In life, one needs to understand that certain environment or location can contribute to one's success. He was fantastic at Real Madrid, but decided to leave for a lesser Club - Juventus.

Considering also that Serie A clubs are very defensive and can make a lifetime injury on a player's career. Ronaldo's decision was his undoing. A player who always scores now needs patience and prayers from his fans before he can score. That is retrogression....

Very soon, people will come to terms that his move to Juventus was a great mistake. In a short while, the management of Juventus might me hostile on him if he did not justify the money spent on him.

My take away from the Messi-Ronaldo career is that one should stay with a company where one is celebrated and where the environment enhances one's productivity and efficiency.

Messi celebrated his 18 years in Barcelona with a hat trick during their opening match against PSV.

To someone reading this, before you take a move for greener pastures, ensure you are able to do your SWOT analysis - Know your strength, weakness, opportunity and threat.

For Ronaldo, he has gone to a league where we can find high quality defenders. A striker that plays against strong defenders on a weekly basis will soon get tired or fatigued.

While Messi is celebrating a hat trick in a new Champions league season, his fellow competitor is in a mess of three matches ban.

Finally, stay where you are as long as you are celebrated and achieving great feats. You don't need to impress the world by travelling world over and changing company. This has cost Zlatan Ibrahimovic many accolades that could have made him the best of all time!

Ronaldo loves Challenges and if he's able to win champions league with Juventus then he'll be celebrated as worlds best player ever. He will enter Guinness Book of record. A feat that is ...
Re: See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo by KingLennon(m): 6:04am On Sep 21, 2018
History can never forget Cristiano Ronaldo. The world's best player for five good times. He has moved to Italy to prove himself again. Three years from now he will move to America and retire there. He is a Legend nobody can argue that....

(1) (Reply)

Download Arsenal Vs Tottenham 2-0 Highlights / Does Gotv Max Show Premier League Games / Ogbonge Soccer Earning Method, Earn 6k Or More Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.