Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters (22216 Views)

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse / Oba Of Benin's Wife, Queen Ewuare Places A Curse On Online Scammer (Pix) / Traditional Priests In Lagos Curse Men Who Attacked Oba Of Lagos Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2018
Johnboom:
Whao, So you cannot engage in simple conversation without resulting into name calling. This shows your level of civilization. No wonder, we Yoruba shall always shine because our level of civilization is mile apart.
No intelligent person can talk to you. You are too dumb.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Johnboom: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2018
prolog2:

No intelligent person can talk to you. You are too dumb.
And you are intelligent ? If you don't have fact tell us and exit wisely instead of showing your level of civilization to the whole world.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 20, 2018
id4sho:
Wash, swear for polithiefcians na. mtchewww, d traffickers use the Benin diety to brain wash their human cargo. telling them all the fictitious spells that will happen, we really need to Emancipate our selves from mental slavery . alot of these ladies eyes clear once the get to Europe and fight their godmothers.

If the yeye OBA dynasty had powers, the British could not have used gun powdered guns to bring down one of the prestigious and powerful BENIN EMPIRE.

Imagine, predominantly Christian State.Majority of Edo people are primitive and believe in their diety. What baffles me is the countless MEN OF GOD (otobolizer) dat come from their.

I hope believing in the jewish & arab retards makes one primitive also?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by dederocs(m): 11:53am On Sep 20, 2018
vanbonattel:
Where's the oba to curse fulani herdsmen rampaging through Edo farms?
Very shallow and myopic assertion... spiritual issues and security issues are two different things, if you doubt me,ask your pastor why they keep police to guard their churches... but you still believe in them as your spiritual leaders. Think before you talk.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by mungoparks: 11:56am On Sep 20, 2018
eleojo23:

Na the ritual wey place the curse be this...
At least the red attire is scary enough...cheesy
for this, every other oba dey learn, am a strong bini born,Ile ibinu as it was formaly called, benin is so cool and calm,oba gha to okpere ise.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 20, 2018
mungoparks:
for this, every other oba dey learn, am a strong bini born,Ile ibinu as it was formaly called, benin is so cool and calm,oba gha to okpere ise.
Bro, it was never called ile ubini. You guys need to stop believing all you read.
As far as it goes, the name of the Kingdom has always been Benin Kingdom and it's capital has always been Benin City.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by dederocs(m): 12:00pm On Sep 20, 2018
Daviddson:
I can actually testify to the fact that since the man issued that curse earlier this year, I've read about many human traffickers in Benin being busted and arrested. Isn't this a good omen? And who has answered this man's prayer - God or the gods of his ancestors? grin
It's complicated, because I know those gods can only do evil - they can't fight evil that human trafficking and prostitution is.
Lalasticlala what sayest thou? There's a difference bro. A lot of difference. God is the Creator of the world Universe and its inhabitants while gods are Satan's demons.
But Jesus said 'dont you know ye are gods'... So are you saying Jesus was calling his disciples demons?
Read what he said deeply... We are gods of the earth, don't over emphasize on the capitalization, of course there is only one creator. Jehovah.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by dederocs(m): 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
Daviddson:
I can actually testify to the fact that since the man issued that curse earlier this year, I've read about many human traffickers in Benin being busted and arrested. Isn't this a good omen? And who has answered this man's prayer - God or the gods of his ancestors? grin
It's complicated, because I know those gods can only do evil - they can't fight evil that human trafficking and prostitution is.
Lalasticlala what sayest thou? There's a difference bro. A lot of difference. God is the Creator of the world Universe and its inhabitants while gods are Satan's demons.
But Jesus said 'dont you know ye are gods'... So are you saying Jesus was calling his disciples demons?
Read what he said deeply... We are gods of the earth, don't over emphasize on the capitalization, of course there i CTs only one creator. Jehovah.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by mungoparks: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
prolog2:
Bro, it was never called ile ubini. You guys need to stop believing all you read.
As far as it goes, the name of the Kingdom has always been Benin Kingdom and it's capital has always been Benin City.
ok sir,noted.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Born2Breed(f): 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2018
Johnboom:
If it is only when I come to Benin is when you can established how great your king is ,then you need to have your fact checked. A man greatness is not in abundance of what he amassed but the life he touches. Several cashew plantation, empower money to the widow, of recent OonI gave million of naira and A car to best medical student in ABUAD. These and others are what show true great leader. No wonder prominent people across the globe are coming to Ooni place for one thing or the other. At least tell your king to empower those ladies in other to reduce ...you can complete it. At least Ooni is showing them how. Before what I hear is that "Oba no dey traveled " but when they see what Ooni is doing at least they changed that.

I thought I mentioned an adult not knowing its one of those teenagers on the prowl on Nairaland. There is no where in Benin history that it ws stated that the Oba cannot travel but a rumour spread by the myopic and got its embers fanned by the gullible. What it simply means is the Oba cannot be summoned without respect unlike they did to the ooni who trekked from ife to Lagos to honour the whistling of a white colonialist.

Do you know how many children are on scholarship courtesy of the palace, a secondary school over 50yrs old solely funded by the palace with over 100 students and other numerous project funded by the palace. Several palm ,rubber and cocoa plantation scattered all over Benin kingdom...you wouldn't know because your knowledge of empowerment is limited to Ife.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Johnboom: 12:09pm On Sep 20, 2018
Born2Breed:

I thought I mentioned an adult not knowing its one of those teenagers on the prowl on Nairaland. There is no where in Benin history that it ws stated that the Oba cannot travel but a rumour spread by the myopic and got its embers fanned by the gullible. What it simply means is the Oba cannot be summoned without respect unlike they did to the ooni who trekked from ife to Lagos to honour the whistling of a white colonialist.

Do you know how many children are on scholarship courtesy of the palace, a secondary school over 50yrs old solely funded by the palace with over 100 students and other numerous project funded by the palace. Several palm ,rubber and cocoa plantation scattered all over Benin kingdom...you wouldn't know because your knowledge of empowerment is limited to Ife.
The Lagos that almost all of you want to come. If your king is so powerful how come less than a state is speaking your so called Edo language ?
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Born2Breed(f): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
mungoparks:

Ile Ibinu is not in Edo lexicon, we refer to ourselves as Ovbi Edo.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by mungoparks: 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Born2Breed:

Ile Ibinu is not in Edo lexicon, we refer to ourselves as Ovbi Edo.
ok sorry i never knew?so eghi gui,laho.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by musicwriter(m): 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2018
Daviddson:

Bro, it is the same white man that gave you the language to define God and gods that sets the context for its realism. In other words, whatever he tells you God or gods or satan is what your reality is because you're stuck in his language. Example; the below words are all evil words for the same reason his god is God.

Black day
Blackguard
Black sheep
Black mood
Black widow
Blackmail
Black money
Blacklist
Black thursday
Black marketeer
Blackhead
Blackball
Black market
Black out
Black death
Black maria
Black knight
Black monday
Black spot
Black economy
Black ice
Black look
Black magic
Black mark
Black ops
Blackout
Blackjack
Black hole
Blackleg
Black wednesday
Blackboard jungle
Black eye
Black mass.

Basically, everything bad is associated with black man/satan. His supremacist complex is the same reason black is negative while words such as:-

White lie,
White magic,
White list, e.t.c are associated with goodness/white man. You see? He who gave you language creates your reality because your language is your reality. We have no control of who or what God or gods or satan is because we didn't set the context for it's definition. If we had set the context, gods would have been God.

I am writing a book on this, but if you want to get a complete view of it all read the book on my signature before the upcoming book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Born2Breed(f): 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2018
mungoparks:
ok sorry i never knew?so eghi gui,laho.

Otemwen no'gie, ema gui ye ye!!!
Ugha tor!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2018
lakesider:
Swear for politicians abegg

Person no dey swear for himself grin
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by shreder(m): 12:30pm On Sep 20, 2018
Born2Breed:

India is well known for their mystical powers, the British colonized them....

There is a limit to everything but the Oba fought against superior powers and choose banishment rather than kowtow to the British and become a mere administrator of Benin kingdom.

Now tell us about your kingdom or tribe? and I will tell you the gutter your ancestors originated from, and also tell you about the bastards who fathered you.
No mind am,na mumu dey wori am
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Born2Breed(f): 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
Johnboom:
The Lagos that almost all of you want to come. If your king is so powerful how come less than a state is speaking your so called Edo language ?

Lol....Eko is Edo word for Lagos. The First Eleko of Eko ( Oba of Lagos ) was Prince Ado, a Benin prince.

Maybe you should ask Greece or Italy(Roman Empire) how come only Italians speak italy and why only Greece speaks Greek.

Kid run along now.....go watch nickelodeon or disney channels.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Johnboom: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
Born2Breed:

Lol....Eko is Edo word for Lagos. The First Eleko of Eko ( Oba of Lagos ) was Prince Ado, a Benin prince.

Maybe you should ask Greece or Italy(Roman Empire) how come only Italians speak italy and why only Greece speaks Greek.

Kid run along now.....go watch nickelodeon or disney channels.
e...and your so called Benin was named by Oduduwa when you annoyed him . "ile ibinu". Also Ooduwa Son linage is your king today which make you inferior to Ooni because Ooni is arole Ooduduwa. Hope it sinks boy .
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Born2Breed(f): 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2018
shreder:

No mind am,na mumu dey wori am

Na smallie wey still dey wear diapers. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by elonize(m): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2018
[qwhat are u saying,God is God,nothing else,dont turnnpeople to lose their faith with dis kind of post u better stop ituote author=Hakeem12 post=71359432]bullsh*t, people actually believed this? when are we ever going to shed our crude way of thinking as a nation.

And I'm not even surprised. When people don't even know curse and blessings don't work. Only cause and effect does.

We are teaching our children to worship God while other countries are teaching their children to be gods.
We teach our children to pray for smart phones and cars, while they teach theirs to invent smart phones and cars. Then our children become adults who go to church to thank God for smart phones and cars purchased from other countries whose children have become adults who invent cars and smart phones. That's why they don't need our God because without them our God can't bless us. It is the cars and smart phones they invent that we give testimony and thank our God for in our churches. Then we go about boasting that it was pastor's prayers and anointing that gave us these stuff.
We are teaching our kids that "A" is for "Apple" and they are teaching their kids how to turn apples into other products and how to impregnate apples to give birth to beautiful bubbles.
We are still teaching our kids the botanical names of plants while they are teaching their kids how to marry mango and orange to produce man-range. They are teaching their kids coding and programming in well equipped schools while we are teaching our kids how to prophecy and speak in tongues in well equipped churches.
Our children's school drama is about how to be a pastor or imam while theirs is about how to relocate to a new planet. They boast about conquering Mars, while we boast about hearing dreams and prophecies.
We choose our leaders based on tribe and religion while they choose theirs based on the solutions these leaders bring to the table.

We are poor yet look rich but they are rich yet look poor. We are doomed if we don't change our mindset.

It's so sad[/quote]
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Born2Breed(f): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Did anyone close your mouth from cursing the corrupt politicians?

Just leave that one, the last time I check his king palace is a boat house built with bamboo and rafia palms on one swampy environment.

Their only roads are meant for legs.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by elonize(m): 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2018
Don't use dis post to make people think lose faith, it's blasphemy,God is God,go and try to question Godquote author=Hakeem12 post=71359432]bullsh*t, people actually believed this? when are we ever going to shed our crude way of thinking as a nation.

And I'm not even surprised. When people don't even know curse and blessings don't work. Only cause and effect does.

We are teaching our children to worship God while other countries are teaching their children to be gods.
We teach our children to pray for smart phones and cars, while they teach theirs to invent smart phones and cars. Then our children become adults who go to church to thank God for smart phones and cars purchased from other countries whose children have become adults who invent cars and smart phones. That's why they don't need our God because without them our God can't bless us. It is the cars and smart phones they invent that we give testimony and thank our God for in our churches. Then we go about boasting that it was pastor's prayers and anointing that gave us these stuff.
We are teaching our kids that "A" is for "Apple" and they are teaching their kids how to turn apples into other products and how to impregnate apples to give birth to beautiful bubbles.
We are still teaching our kids the botanical names of plants while they are teaching their kids how to marry mango and orange to produce man-range. They are teaching their kids coding and programming in well equipped schools while we are teaching our kids how to prophecy and speak in tongues in well equipped churches.
Our children's school drama is about how to be a pastor or imam while theirs is about how to relocate to a new planet. They boast about conquering Mars, while we boast about hearing dreams and prophecies.
We choose our leaders based on tribe and religion while they choose theirs based on the solutions these leaders bring to the table.

We are poor yet look rich but they are rich yet look poor. We are doomed if we don't change our mindset.

It's so sad[/quote]
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Crossboy(m): 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
SoftP:
The beauty and strength of my great Benin kingdom.

The king who sees value in his people, not politically motivated or selfishly selective.

The Oba of Benin is divinely enthroned by God.
Unlike some social media mobile politically selected king whose subjects threw tear-gas in his palace.

Long live the King of Benin,

Oba Ghato Kpere.. Ise!!!
Which Oba?
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by mungoparks: 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Born2Breed:

Otemwen no'gie, ema gui ye ye!!! Ugha tor!!!
grin .
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Daviddson(m): 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
musicwriter:

Bro, it is the same white man that gave you the language to define God and gods that sets the context for its realism. In other words, whatever he tells you God or gods or satan is what your reality is because you're stuck in his language. Example; the below words are all evil words for the same reason his god is God.

Black day
Blackguard
Black sheep
Black mood
Black widow
Blackmail
Black money
Blacklist
Black thursday
Black marketeer
Blackhead
Blackball
Black market
Black out
Black death
Black maria
Black knight
Black monday
Black spot
Black economy
Black ice
Black look
Black magic
Black mark
Black ops
Blackout
Blackjack
Black hole
Blackleg
Black wednesday
Blackboard jungle
Black eye
Black mass.

Basically, everything bad is associated with black man/satan. His supremacist complex is the same reason black is negative while words such as:-

White lie,
White magic,
White list, e.t.c are associated with goodness/white man. You see? He who gave you language creates your reality because your language is your reality. We have no control of who or what God or gods or satan is because we didn't set the context for it's definition. If we had set the context, gods would have been God.

I am writing a book on this, but if you want to get a complete view of it all read the book on my signature before the upcoming book.
For your information, Africans are not black, in the very sense of that word. The word 'black' is only been used by the English-speaking world to refer to the color of Africans because that's the color that comes close to it.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
Crossboy:
Which Oba?
There is only one Oba, he lives in Benin City.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by musicwriter(m): 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
Daviddson:
For your information, Africans are not black, in the very sense of that word. The word 'black' is only been used by the English-speaking world to refer to the color of Africans because that's the color that comes close to it.

You don't need defend anything cause as far as they're concerned, black means evil, bad, negative, it is down in writing and that's what make it a synonym for Africa in their perspective. Black definition https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/black?q=Black%2B

The fourth definition says "literary bad or evil".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by meobizy(f): 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
Africa will remain forever backward since the belief in spirits and witch craft outweighs the belief in science and technology.
The man cursed, yes, trafficking probably reduced but the Esan and other non Benin criminals are still plying their trade on the regular.
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Daviddson(m): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2018
musicwriter:

You don't need defend anything cause as far as they're concerned, black means evil, bad, negative, it is down in writing and that's what make it a synonym for Africa in their perspective. Black definition https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/black?q=Black%2B
The fourth definition says "literary bad or evil".
And how does their opinion change who you really are? Color green is used to represent agriculture or lushness or prosperity. Color pink is used to represent women matters, etc. These are man-made classifications. Why should anyone be incensed because of these?
Re: Oba Of Bénin's Curse Is Scaring Traffickers Away from the Illicit Trade- Reuters by Crossboy(m): 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
prolog2:
There is only one Oba, he lives in Benin City.
I Mean The Oba They Tear Gasedgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Reasons Nigerian Children Are Not Speaking Their Native Language / Masquerade Seen Dancing Zanku And Gbe Body(video) / Your Favourite Yoruba Proverbs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.