Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,413 members, 7,800,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Why Is God Like This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God Like This (1987 Views)

Is It Right To Talk To God Like A Peer / What Is God Like? / If You Are Disorganized, You Are Not God-like, Here's Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is God Like This by Oneboypikin: 9:29am On Sep 20, 2018
I ask this Question with all Humility and Pain in My heart
Why is God the way he is hard to understand and Mysterious
Why put me through so much pain Physically Psychological and emotionally for such a long a time
Why are all those who profess and genuinely think they are serving him so Wicked and are OK with it cos the religion endorses it
I don't wanna hear statements like testing he knows best he is training me he is Guiding me. If you want somebody back in heaven. Just put them to sleep peacefully. I studied the Bible and Religion for years and Was even happy at Some point despite tribulations

Even if life gets better in the Future I can never Forgive God. Never He is Too Wicked/ not good enough for someone of his Calibre

4 Likes

Re: Why Is God Like This by fykes(m): 10:03am On Sep 20, 2018
Goodmorning Op.
I wish I can tell you a lot but there's only so much I can write here,
But don't think you are going through the worst. God puts us through the fire to test our faith, to prove our faith in order to show us how frail the human nature is. To build patience and perseverance.
To prove our loyalty and love. So that he can give us that expected end. Imagine that Jesus had to endure the grave for 3 days so he can reign forever... Whatever you are going through my dear, Just know that everything works together for the good of them that loves God and are called by him. Hold unto what God told you and quit leaning on your human understanding.

I have more experience in this thing than you can imagine.
Rejoice. You are part of a select few who God can trust with suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Like This by fykes(m): 10:13am On Sep 20, 2018
God doesn't need your forgiveness... The devil is pricing your destiny. Brother from what you wrote I can already tell a few things about you. Beware, the only thing the devil is seeking is to put a hedge between your love and relationship with God, to get you to blame God for his actions.
Imagine a neighbour beating you and taunting you saying" I thought you love your father more, and he loves you most? Why don't he come help you? " and instead of fighting d neighbour back you are filled with anger towards your father.
My dear the devil is after your destiny, it's just the same old trick of deception and falsehood.
Be careful with your words... It's better to say nothing when you don't know nothing

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Like This by McStoic(m): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2018
Oneboypikin:
Why put me through so much pain Physically Psychological and emotionally for such a long a time
Why are all those who profess and genuinely think they are serving him so Wicked and are OK with it cos the religion endorses it
I don't wanna hear statements like testing he knows best he is training me he is Guiding me. If you want somebody back in heaven. Just put them to sleep peacefully. I studied the Bible and Religion for years and Was even happy at Some point despite tribulations

Even if life gets better in the Future I can never Forgive God. Never He is Too Wicked/ not good enough for someone of his Calibre

You call Him God and yet you wonder why He is hard and mysterious to understand? Of course those things are what make Him God. How can you expect to totally understand the maker and the who creation, including you?

See, no one who is a great Bible great was without pain. Your suffering don reach Job own? How about that of Abraham, Paul, Jesus, Joseph etc? We all pass through furnace of affliction of God at a point or the other in our lives. Even Satan is more hard on his own. Believe you me, the pain we pass through are so, because there is no other way to attain perfection. God is not really a sadist. If there were other ways to glory, Jesus and the Bible greats woulda taken the shortcut.

That you re passing through tough time now doesn't mean it will always be like that. Personally, i am presently in one hell of a dungeon but i look up to Him to make a way for me soonest, where there seems to be no way! So humbly ask for His forgiveness, grace and patience to endure. Challenging will only make one's case worse cos we need Him more than He needs us.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Like This by Ranchhoddas: 5:13pm On Sep 20, 2018
fykes:
God doesn't need your forgiveness... The devil is pricing your destiny. Brother from what you wrote I can already tell a few things about you. Beware, the only thing the devil is seeking is to put a hedge between your love and relationship with God, to get you to blame God for his actions.
Imagine a neighbour beating you and taunting you saying" I thought you love your father more, and he loves you most? Why don't he come help you? " and instead of fighting d neighbour back you are filled with anger towards your father.
My dear the devil is after your destiny, it's just the same old trick of deception and falsehood.
Be careful with your words... It's better to say nothing when you don't know nothing
Na so

If your father is in the position to save you from the beating and does nothing, will you not be angry. Perhaps he just stood there watching, and saying 'I will help you' but still does nothing till you are beaten to a pulp.
Will you not be enraged?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Like This by fykes(m): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Na so

If your father is in the position to save you from the beating and does nothing, will you not be angry. Perhaps he just stood there watching, and saying 'I will help you' but still does nothing till you are beaten to a pulp.
Will you not be enraged?
If you are gonna let a kid beat u up because your dad won't fight for you, well them maybe you should really be a pulp.
Re: Why Is God Like This by Dantedasz(m): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Like This by InansBobo(m): 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
You better go to God and ask for his forgiveness and help
Re: Why Is God Like This by kppo(m): 9:18am On Sep 21, 2018
The truth is, God is like Mr. Miyagi in the original Karate Kid movie. He starts by doing things that seem completely unrelated to the desired outcome. "Wax on, wax off", paint up, paint down, etc. But in due time, He shows you how all what you've been doing/experiencing has being the actual preparation/outcome that you desired. Apostle Paul put it this way in the bible:

*[[2Co 4:16]] KJV* For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
*[[2Co 4:17]] KJV* For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
*[[2Co 4:18]] KJV* While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Re: Why Is God Like This by Oneboypikin: 9:55am On Sep 21, 2018
To the Two ppl up there saying that Rubbish I wish you can tell me that face to face.
I will finish you on behalf of God. since you are his Representatives collect God's discipline for him
Stupid Religious Trolls Fools

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Like This by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
Oneboypikin:
To the Two ppl up there saying that Rubbish I wish you can tell me that face to face.
I will finish you on behalf of God. since you are his Representatives collect God's discipline for him
Stupid Religious Trolls Fools

Aren't you the same person offering girls' lucks for sale å la yahoo-plus?

Do you understand how far from God are those beings who facilitate such services on behalf of your clients and yourself? Multiply that distance millions of times to understand how far you are from God, and how worthless/ineffectual your personal angst is, so far as he is concerned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Like This by Oneboypikin: 6:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
ziddy:

Aren't you the same person offering girls' lucks for sale å la yahoo-plus?

Do you understand how far from God are those beings who facilitate such services on behalf of your clients and yourself? Multiply that distance millions of times to understand how far you are from God, and how worthless/ineffectual your personal angst is, so far as he is concerned.
it dont matter my life is already finished! Spoilt beyond write-off before now I just started that
Money to survive necessary and get some important things done
Ppl have a Choice to obey 'God' or not
Plus I don't believe it is real if not I woulda done it myself
Re: Why Is God Like This by Anas09: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
Oneboypikin:

What did He do pls? Pls don't be upset
Re: Why Is God Like This by Anas09: 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
Oneboypikin:

Sometimes I ask the question, “My Lord, is this your will?” It’s then I hear you answer me, “My Precious Child… be still.”
Sometimes I feel frustrated, ‘cause I think I know what’s best. It’s then I hear you say to me, “My Busy Child… just rest.”
Sometimes I feel so lonely and I think I’d like a mate. Your still small voice gets so clear and says, “My Child… please wait.”
“I know the plans I have for you, the wondrous things you’ll see; if you can just be patient, Child, and put your trust in me. I’ve plans to draw you closer. I’ve plans to help you grow. There’s much I do you cannot see and much you do not know. But know this, child….. I LOVE YOU. You are precious unto Me. Before I formed you in the womb, I planned your destiny.
“I’ve something very special I hope for you to learn. The gifts I wish to give to you are gifts you cannot earn. They come without a price tag, but not without a cost; at Calvary, I gave My Son, so you would not be lost. Rest child, and do not weary of doing what is good. I promise I’ll come back for you just like I said I would.
“Your name is written on my palm, I never could forget; Therefore, do not be discouraged when my answer is… “Not Yet.”

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Like This by Anas09: 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Na so

Will you not be enraged?
How then will you become a man to defend yourself?

He Promised to resurrect Jesus from the dead, he did not tell him how it will be. Where was He at Gethsemane? Where was He at Pilate's court? when he was beaten beyond recognition. On his way to Calvary where was God? when they nailed him to that cross was his father there?

Without that could Jesus have become the name above every other name? Will every knee bow to Him today if he didn't go through all?
But did God keep to his word of resurrecting him? Yes.

The Op and Jesus the Son of God who got the rawest deal?

Besides, does God owe him anything? He only made promises to us if only we meet his requirements. Has the op met the requirements?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Like This by Anas09: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
Oneboypikin:

it dont matter my life is already finished! Spoilt beyond write-off before now I just started that
Your Life is already finished? Okpri. why re we here then?
Pls Never mind my other posts.
Re: Why Is God Like This by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
Oneboypikin:

Yeah the old argument in favour of free will cheesy

But those who choose darkness over light usually regret it in the end.
Re: Why Is God Like This by Mujtahida: 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Na so

Will you not be enraged?
We castigate such fathers and call them irresponsible but if na God you will hear all sorts of justifications, excuses, reasons and what nots.

I was always wondering why if I call my earthly father, limited as he is, he'd show up but if I call my heavenly father it's just silence. I no do again. I pack my load ran out of Christianity in order to save myself.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Like This by DeSepiero(m): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
fykes:

If you are gonna let a kid beat u up because your dad won't fight for you, well them maybe you should really be a pulp.

You liken the devil to a kid?
Re: Why Is God Like This by fykes(m): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
DeSepiero:

You liken the devil to a kid?
Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Who else flees when you resist em?
Re: Why Is God Like This by fykes(m): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2018
Anas09:

Sometimes I ask the question, “My Lord, is this your will?” It’s then I hear you answer me, “My Precious Child… be still.”
Sometimes I feel frustrated, ‘cause I think I know what’s best. It’s then I hear you say to me, “My Busy Child… just rest.”
Sometimes I feel so lonely and I think I’d like a mate. Your still small voice gets so clear and says, “My Child… please wait.”
“I know the plans I have for you, the wondrous things you’ll see; if you can just be patient, Child, and put your trust in me. I’ve plans to draw you closer. I’ve plans to help you grow. There’s much I do you cannot see and much you do not know. But know this, child….. I LOVE YOU. You are precious unto Me. Before I formed you in the womb, I planned your destiny.
“I’ve something very special I hope for you to learn. The gifts I wish to give to you are gifts you cannot earn. They come without a price tag, but not without a cost; at Calvary, I gave My Son, so you would not be lost. Rest child, and do not weary of doing what is good. I promise I’ll come back for you just like I said I would.
“Your name is written on my palm, I never could forget; Therefore, do not be discouraged when my answer is… “Not Yet.”
God bless you dear. It so unfortunate when people do miss the the point that you can't live a life without God. The ways of God are known to those who fear him.
Hating on God doesn't move him, you didn't make him God, you can't dethrone God. He is God alone. both in d good times and bad times. It's a pity but I pray those who haven't will see the futility and foolishness in doubting or questioning God
Re: Why Is God Like This by DeSepiero(m): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
fykes:

Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Who else flees when you resist em?

...doesn't explain why you likened the arch enemy of God to a kid.

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Like This by fykes(m): 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2018
Most people think they are Christians because the go to church, or their parents are Christians. Most people believe that the church should be a gathering of Saints.
Well let me tell you, Christianity is not a religion, it's a way of life. The basic tenets of Christianity is to be like Christ, and the church is a gathering of people who aren't like Christ, but who wants to learn to be like Christ. Don't assume that because he or she goes to church everyday the person is a Christian. Most people will resist the Holy Spirit all their lives despite being church goers.
Christianity is living d life of Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Again, I don't expect everybody to understand it, to some it is foolishness, yet it is God's power to his sons
Re: Why Is God Like This by fykes(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
DeSepiero:

...doesn't explain why you likened the arch enemy of God to a kid.
I don't expect you to understand, you don't know what I know about the devil.
Re: Why Is God Like This by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2018
The problem is that we dont understand how things work then we think God is wicked,, 99% of people see God as a man, Op your case is just like calling someone but you are not connected, and you keep speaking thinking the person is hearing, definately you will get no response, will make force you to think the person hate you.

God never hate anyone, we are just the one that conclude because we see God as man.....
Re: Why Is God Like This by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2018
The problem is that we dont understand how things work then we think God is wicked,, 99% of people see God as a man, Op your case is just like calling someone but you are not connected, and you keep speaking thinking the person is hearing, definately you will get no response, will force you to think the person hate you.

God never hate anyone, we are just the one that conclude because we see God as man..

Learn to get connected first. God is inside you, just build your spirit,, Dont look for God anywhere orelse you will be deceived
Re: Why Is God Like This by DeSepiero(m): 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2018
fykes:
Most people think they are Christians because the go to church, or their parents are Christians. Most people believe that the church should be a gathering of Saints.
Well let me tell you, Christianity is not a religion, it's a way of life. The basic tenets of Christianity is to be like Christ, and the church is a gathering of people who aren't like Christ, but who wants to learn to be like Christ. Don't assume that because he or she goes to church everyday the person is a Christian. Most people will resist the Holy Spirit all their lives despite being church goers.
Christianity is living d life of Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Again, I don't expect everybody to understand it, to some it is foolishness, yet it is God's power to his sons

Christianity isn't a religion but a way of life? Guess what? Islam is a way of life. Hinduism is a way of life. Buddhism is way of life. Judaism too is a way of life. I guess religion doesn't exist anymore.
Smh
Re: Why Is God Like This by DeSepiero(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2018
ElidaxZiel:
The problem is that we dont understand how things work then we think God is wicked,, 99% of people see God as a man, Op your case is just like calling someone but you are not connected, and you keep speaking thinking the person is hearing, definately you will get no response, will make force you to think the person hate you.

God never hate anyone, we are just the one that conclude because we see God as man..

You have a point
Re: Why Is God Like This by DeSepiero(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2018
fykes:

I don't expect you to understand, you don't know what I know about the devil.

How will I understand what you've not said?
Re: Why Is God Like This by Uyi168: 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2018
He works in mysterious, inefficient and breathtakingly cruel ways..

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Like This by Anas09: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2018
fykes:

God bless you dear. It so unfortunate when people do miss the the point that you can't live a life without God. The ways of God are known to those who fear him.
Hating on God doesn't move him, you didn't make him God, you can't dethrone God. He is God alone. both in d good times and bad times. It's a pity but I pray those who haven't will see the futility and foolishness in doubting or questioning God
Sir, amongst the sheep hides the goats. Amongst the Wheat hides the tares. As the goats are in the fold, that's how there are Sheep lost and wandering among the goats. but, at the appropriate time, they shall be a cross over.

The goats to the goatherd, the sheep to the shepherd.
Re: Why Is God Like This by hopefulLandlord: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2018
Yahweh's ways are so mysterious that its almost as if he doesn't exist

(1) (2) (Reply)

Homosexuals Are Proof That God Is Not Perfect. / Should Religious Freedom Extend To Satanism/Satan Worship? / Jihad Burning Churches And Killing Christians In Yobe. True Or False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.