Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,519 members, 7,770,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:15 AM

Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation (9640 Views)

FREE CATFISH SEED For Learning Purpose / Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring / Free Catfish Farming Training For Youth And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
Many people venturing into Catfish farming for the first time don't have the required skills and knowledge, most especially, regarding the seed - Fingerlings, Post-fingerlings, Juveniles handling operations.
Apart from the seed handling, the issue of adequate provision of quality feed is at times neglected to the detriment of the success of the venture.
Also, knowledge of farm management techniques is of great importance for a successful catfish farming

I have decided to encourage, and guide / mentor 5 beginners from this forum - Nairaland, with FREE 50 Post-fingerlings / Juveniles of high quality for their learning process in the last quarter of 2018, through quality seed recognition and handling, feeds (feeding) and farm management techniques.

However, in view of logistics, this learning mobilization / offer shall be restricted to those in Ogba (Ifako, Ijaiye LGA, Lagos State) ; 'Lambe ('Lambe is between Akute and Agbado in Lagos/Ogun state) areas and environs.

If interested, please contact : -
0802-334-0270 WhatsApp/ call for details.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Osinachiadinma: 5:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
My man BILAG17 why nah. I must to join o! Tell me what it will take to send my own fingerlings down to Enugu. Infact make mine 250 and tell me the waybill price ASAP. My number is 08037703102
bilag17:
Many people venturing into Catfish farming for the first time don't have the required skills and knowledge, most especially, regarding the seed - Fingerlings, Post-fingerlings, Juveniles handling operations.
Apart from the seed handling, the issue of adequate provision of quality feed is at times neglected to the detriment of the success of the venture.
Also, knowledge of farm management techniques is of great importance for a successful catfish farming

I have decided to encourage, and guide / mentor 5 beginners from this forum - Nairaland, with FREE 50 Post-fingerlings / Juveniles of high quality for their learning process in the last quarter of 2018, through quality seed recognition and handling, feeds (feeding) and farm management techniques.

However, in view of logistics, this learning mobilization / offer shall be restricted to those in Ogba (Ifako, Ijaiye LGA, Lagos State) ; 'Lambe ('Lambe is between Akute and Agbado in Lagos/Ogun state) areas and environs.

If interested, please contact : -
0802-334-0270 WhatsApp/ call for details.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2018
Osinachiadinma:
My man BILAG17 why nah. I must to join o! Tell me what it will take to send my own fingerlings down to Enugu. Infact make mine 250 and tell me the waybill price ASAP. My number is 08037703102

The truth is all about the logistics, which eventually is cost related. This program is to make participants identify and learn the most economical / cost effective ways of rearing catfish, and make profit, thinking big, starting small.
Also timely access to input like tested local feeds as well as occasional meeting / gathering (as may be required) being part of the program. With your distance, the purpose may not be achieved.

However, if there's any specific aspect of catfish farming that is of interest to you, please let me know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Osinachiadinma: 9:32am On Sep 21, 2018
I am interested in hatching as well as growing out. I have arranged for it and will soon give it a try. Is there any things you can suggest for me to apply. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.Thanks
bilag17:

The truth is all about the logistics, which eventually is cost related. This program is to make participants identify and learn the most economical / cost effective ways of rearing catfish, and make profit, thinking big, starting small.
Also timely access to input like tested local feeds as well as occasional meeting / gathering (as may be required) being part of the program. With your distance, the purpose may not be achieved.

However, if there's any specific aspect of catfish farming that is of interest to you, please let me know.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 10:25am On Sep 21, 2018
Osinachiadinma:
I am interested in hatching as well as growing out. I have arranged for it and will soon give it a try. Is there any things you can suggest for me to apply. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Catfish propagation, which is fingerlings production is an interesting aspect of the complete catfish production cycle. There are some basics you need to know, to enhance continuous successful hatching. If I see the pictures of your facility, I'll be able to give advice. You always check on "Catfish Broodstock Depot" to enrich your knowledge on Hatchery.

https://www.nairaland.com/4742640/catfish-broodstock-depot
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 11:43am On Sep 22, 2018
Knowledge sharing is wealth, hence the resolve to enrich those who are willing with "the catfish rearing knowledge".

Those who have indicated their interest in this empowerment program earlier, are slated for Batch 18Q4. Seed collection /stocking will come up in November. If you have not been included in this batch , you'll still have the opportunity of participating in 2019 Batches.

For the benefit of all those interested in Catfish Farming in general, I will soon post a document that will be beneficial to you soon.

Participants in this program should visit this thread regularly for updates, and information that may be useful for their preparation.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2018
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by aoukane(m): 9:44pm On Sep 22, 2018
These Chuvaak Mobile Ponds will definitely make sense for this project and beyond.

Kindly call 08167675704, to place your order.

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by noblebaba: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2018
I'm interested 07081402840
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by mosesebiama(m): 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2018
We sell and supply catfish seeds such as Post-fingerlings and Juveniles in portharcourt and Bayelsa.
Our seeds are disease-free, fast growing, very affordable and of standard sizes compared to many farmers in town.

We will deliver to your farm in person anywhere in portharcourt or Bayelsa, free of charge if you buy 2,000 pieces and above.

Also, patronize us and have free consultations with us on farm management best practices.

Please call Moses on 08062705867.

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by aoukane(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2018
Tuesday Testimonials

CHUVAAK MOBILE FISH POND
(Supply and Installation)

When it comes to Fish Farming, we are the best. Every supply and installation of the Chuvaak Mobile Fish Pond keeps getting better.

If you must start up a fish farm of any size, then you must contact us because we don't just supply you Chuvaak Mobile Fish Pond and Juveniles, we plan the farm layout, fix the plumbing jobs and design a structure to ensure that you make profit.

Watch the video below and see a job we did for a client.

Thank you as you patronize us.

#Chuvaak #NothingBetter
#Agriculture #Aquaculture
#FishFarming #TarpaulinPonds
#MobilePonds #MobileFishPond
#CollapsiblePond #Ponds
#CatfishFarming #FishBusiness
#Fish #Catfish #SyntheticPond #PlasticPond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko5bS11i7EI

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2018
mosesebiama:

We sell and supply catfish seeds such as Post-fingerlings and Juveniles in portharcourt and Bayelsa.
Our seeds are disease-free, fast growing, very affordable and of standard sizes compared to many farmers in town.

We will deliver to your farm in person anywhere in portharcourt or Bayelsa, free of charge if you buy 2,000 pieces and above.

Also, patronize us and have free consultations with us on farm management best practices.

Please call Moses on 08062705867.

Which category or group are the catfish samples in your pictures? Definitely, they are not fingerlings, juveniles or post juvenile. There's need to enlighten people properly.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2018
Batch 18Q4 Free Seed Collection / Stocking

The free 50 catfish seed for the participants of this batch, shall be the high quality catfish seed (Jumbo) produced specifically for :-
1. Learning / research purpose.
2. Those going into catfish farming for the first time.
3. Practising Catfish farmers who wants to gain additional knowledge.

The fishes are already post-juvenile.
Part of the lessons to be learnt by participants at this point are:-
1. How to recognize a good quality seed (fingerlings /Juveniles)
2. Handling / fish management.
3. Feeding techniques.

Seed collection is programmed for Saturday 17th, and 24th, November 2018, depending on collection point (Ogba or Lambe).

Participants for this batch to contact 0802-334-0270 for further details.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2018
Batch 18Q4 Free 50 Jumbo Catfish collection schedule

Ogba
Collection of free fish plus 7.5kg feeds (foreign + tested pelletized local feeds paid for) is slated for Saturday 10th November, 2018, at 30 Thomas Salako Street, Ogba, Ifako Ijaiye LGA, Lagos, Nigeria, by 10 am prompt.

Olambe
Collection of free fish seed and paid feeds (as above) is slated for Saturday 17th November 2018, meeting point is Lambe Inside, last Bus Stop.

For further information contact :
0802-334-0270 whatsapp / call.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 9:19am On Nov 15, 2018
BATCH 18Q4 PARTICIPANTS

Payments for feeds not received by 5.00 pm, 15th November, automatically cancel your chance to participate, and collect 50 FREE Jumbo catfish on Saturday 17th November. It is an indication that such participant will not be able to feed the fishes for optimal result, thus jeopardizing the exercise. Participants were briefed and notified earlier.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 10:35am On Nov 30, 2018
CASE STUDY : A Batch 18Q3,18Q4 Participant Project.

The intention of the participant is to learn the basics of successful catfish farming, based on quality seed (Jumbo), quality and tested foreign and local pelletized feeds, and good water management.

Monthly continuous harvest is to be practiced to enhance cash flow during the rearing period.
Since harvest is intended to be continuous after the first, scheduled batch has to be stocked at intervals.

The initial or start up stock of 500 Specials (Jumbo)were stocked in September 2018 (BATCH 18Q3), while another batch were stocked November 2018 (BATCH 18Q4). The facility being used is 4 x 1000 Litres plastic tanks (pictures below), with flow through system. First harvest is scheduled for early January 2019, and thereafter monthly.

Harvesting can be one-time, or selective. It is Selective harvesting that is modified into continuous harvesting to enhance the yield, as well as the cash flow.

Catfish farming is a good business, to be successful in it, you must know the basics. No matter how big your dream is regarding catfish rearing, you can always start small.

I am available to assist in any area of concern on the Complete Catfish Production Circle.

You can call / whatsapp 0802-334-0270.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 7:28pm On Dec 25, 2018
Free Training Schedule for 2019

Free Training For Youth and Women
Batch 19Q1 (January-March) [b]5 Participants -3 Slots remaining.[/b]
Batch 19Q4 (October -December) 5 Participants

Free Training For Others
Batch 19Q2 (April -June) 5 Participants

Free Training For Family (Food Support)
Batch 19Q3 (July-September) 5 Participants

Please note that participants will be given 50 Free Juveniles or Jumbo (Specials) catfish, while feeds to be used during the training period shall be at the participants expense, which is minimal, thus being the essence of the training. Raising table size catfish with minimal feed cost.

For further details and participation, contact 0802-334-0270 whatsapp /call.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 9:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
Reality Case Study : Batch 18Q3 Participants Harvesting.

There's a joy described as Joy of the Harvest. This was the experience of participants of Batch 18Q3, who collected their seed for stocking in September 2018, and programmed monthly harvest, starting by the end of December 2018.

Harvesting Strategy
The harvesting is to cover December, January (2019) and February (2019). This staggered harvesting is to enhance yield and cash flow.

Processing
One of the participants processed his harvest into dried catfish for the December festivities. Pictures of the resultant product is attached.

Registration for participation for this mentoring scheme is FREE.

1 Share

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by exco90(m): 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
what are the recommended fertilizer to enhance fish growth?..
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 10:06am On Jan 02, 2019
exco90:
what are the recommended fertilizer to enhance fish growth?..

Catfish Growth Profile
I assume your question refers to Catfish. Many catfish farmers rear fish with feed inputs and ingredients inclusion percentages not acceptable to the aquaculture industry. This practice makes many of them rear fishes they cannot eat. My personal view is that, what you cannot eat, don't give to others to eat.

Catfish has growth profile, which if you understand, with good quality seed, feeds, combined with good production management practices (including water management ), you don't need any fish fertilizer or growth enhancer. You can conveniently have selective harvesting 120 days after stocking as fingerlings.

Foreign and Local feeds of good quality have acceptable levels of nutrients required for fish growth. One thing to bear in mind is that whatever fertilizer or growth promoter / enhancer you use, without adequate feeding you can never get any good result. If feeding is inadequate, it results in cannibalism - a loss.

In aquaculture they say, No Feed, No Gain.

Quality of Fish Flesh
The quality of feeds used to raise catfish will determine the quality and taste of the flesh. The quality of the fish flesh is more pronounced in processing to dried fish.

If you need further clarification let me know.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by exco90(m): 12:44pm On Jan 02, 2019
bilag17:

Catfish Growth Profile
I assume your question refers to Catfish. Many catfish farmers rear fish with feed inputs and ingredients inclusion percentages not acceptable to the aquaculture industry. This practice makes many of them rear fishes they cannot eat. My personal view is that, what you cannot eat, don't give to others to eat.

Catfish has growth profile, which if you understand, with good quality seed, feeds, combined with good production management practices (including water management ), you don't need any fish fertilizer or growth enhancer. You can conveniently have selective harvesting 120 days after stocking as fingerlings.

Foreign and Local feeds of good quality have acceptable levels of nutrients required for fish growth. One thing to bear in mind is that whatever fertilizer or growth promoter / enhancer you use, without adequate feeding you can never get any good result. If feeding is inadequate, it results in cannibalism - a loss.

In aquaculture they say, No Feed, No Gain.

Quality of Fish Flesh
The quality of feeds used to raise catfish will determine the quality and taste of the flesh. The quality of the fish flesh is more pronounced in processing to dried fish.

If you need further clarification let me know.

sir.. are you aware people use fertilizer?. I came across an article written by a fish farmer talking about it.. if you know about it. please share the knowledge with us..
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2019
exco90:

sir.. are you aware people use fertilizer?. I came across an article written by a fish farmer talking about it.. if you know about it. please share the knowledge with us..

If it's about pre-stocking preparation of ponds, then the story is different.
There are different methods that are used, depending on the type of rearing facility.

In concrete or tarpaulin ponds, some people use fowl or cow dung to fertilize the ponds. In developed countries, fertilizer is used during the pond preparation phase before stocking.

However, irrespective of the above, adequate feeding with quality feeds is still essential to successful catfish rearing.
I don't use any of the above methods, hence I'm not in the position to share what I don't practice.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by junthy: 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
What is the optimal stocking density of catfish for a 10m x 10m concrete pond please?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2019
junthy:
What is the optimal stocking density of catfish for a 10m x 10m concrete pond please?

What's the height of the pond?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2019
exco90:

. That is the truth the young man just told you, "No feed No Gain", I am new in the business, I stocked over 2,500 pre fingerlings, in less than 2 weeks of stocking the pre fingerlings, I am already feeding them with 1.5mm of Couppen feed, by next week I will upgrade to 2mm. Yes Couppen is very expensive but is the best. People around keep asking me my secret, which I know is good and quality feeding. In such a condition what will I now need Fertilizer for?. Don't be a selfish farmer, feed your fish properly.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by exco90(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
. That is the truth the young man just told you, "No feed No Gain", I am new in the business, I stocked over 2,500 pre fingerlings, in less than 2 weeks of stocking the pre fingerlings, I am already feeding them with 1.5mm of Couppen feed, by next week I will upgrade to 2mm. Yes Couppen is very expensive but is the best. People around keep asking me my secret, which I know is good and quality feeding. In such a condition what will I now need Fertilizer for?. Don't be a selfish farmer, feed your fish properly.

here. the market is infuriated with fish reared with fertilizer.. they sell at ridiculous prices.. there fishes are big.. we can't compete with them.. am not saying that I don't want to feed my fishes again.. am just bringing to you guys notice.. we sell 1kg for 900Hundred here.. but they sell at 5 hundred.. bigger than ours.. we ve been running our farm for the past 6 years.. buyers have stopped patronising us.. they now buy from aboki.. their fishes are bigger and cheaper than ours.. I feed them with foreign feed.. money is not the problem here.. but just want to know the secret behind their short cut.. we can't compete with them again..

I once told those eleja that our fish is better.. that we feed them organically that no fertilizer and safe for consumption . but they said they are not after that.. they are after the sizes and prices.. buyers prefer fish with big head.. ( those that eat pepper soup)
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by junthy: 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
bilag17:

What's the height of the pond?

The pond would be 1m in depth.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
exco90:

here. the market is infuriated with fish reared with fertilizer.. they sell at ridiculous prices.. there fishes are big.. we can't compete with them.. am not saying that I don't want to feed my fishes again.. am just bringing to you guys notice.. we sell 1kg for 900Hundred here.. but they sell at 5 hundred.. bigger than ours.. we ve been running our farm for the past 6 years.. buyers have stopped patronising us.. they now buy from aboki.. their fishes are bigger and cheaper than ours.. I feed them with foreign feed.. money is not the problem here.. but just want to know the secret behind their short cut.. we can't compete with them again..

I once told those eleja that our fish is better.. that we feed them organically that no fertilizer and safe for consumption . but they said they are not after that.. they are after the sizes and prices.. buyers prefer fish with big head.. ( those that eat pepper soup)

This is a very interesting situation which you can turn around in your favor. Let us start from the following :-

1. Where is your location?
2.How much do you spend on a fingerlings to rear it to 1kg?
3. Which production / pond system are you using?
4.What has been your feeding schedule?
5. Which feed /type are you using?
6. Which seed do you stock - fingerlings, juveniles ?
7.What is your rearing period?

In every situation, there's always a way out, if only you can identify the way.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Mkmoney(m): 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2019
exco90:

True talk
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2019
Mkmoney:

True talk

Do you know the way out? Learn the basics of Catfish rearing, and you'll be a successful catfish farmer.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Mkmoney(m): 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2019
bilag17:

Do you know the way out? Learn the basics of Catfish rearing, and you'll be a successful catfish farmer.
Oga we re not talking about basics here this people cut corners and make more profit than you and I

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Government To Distribute 200 Tractors To Farmers On Loan (Pictures) / Growing His Mushroom With A N2.4million Sales Per Harvest / Scammer In Our Mist Look At His Pictures Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.