Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

How To Send WAEC Results To WES - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Send WAEC Results To WES (110804 Views)

NTI Transcript To WES / If You Want To Send Waec Scratch Card And School Certificate To Wes. Get In Here / Waec Verification & Scratch Card To Wes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by orente19: 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
as for many that thinks they can merge to reduce the courier service charge, this is to inform you that its not possible, I thought I can even collect mine and send through someone travelling to Canada... its individual, please have enough cash on you, everything is paid in cash
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 1:16am On Feb 07, 2019
Sheq:
thank you bro... i just did it today sef... thank you

Lol bro, that person may not exactly be a "bro" grin
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 1:40am On Feb 07, 2019
orente19:
as for many that thinks they can merge to reduce the courier service charge, this is to inform you that its not possible, I thought I can even collect mine and send through someone travelling to Canada... its individual, please have enough cash on you, everything is paid in cash

Hello sir,

you are both right and wrong and I will tell you why.

First off, yes you actually cannot "collect" your confirmation of results from WAEC and "send it through someone travelling to Canada". This is because WAEC only sends this document directly to WES and will NOT hand it over to the candidate for whatever reason. Another thing is that WES will only receive and process documents sent by either courier or postal mail -- No "in-person" submission of required documents is permitted as per their current stipulations. So yeah, in this regard you are totally right.

However, you can actually merge/combine WAEC confirmation of results package in order to reduce courier service costs per individual. This is the reason -- Each confirmation of results that WAEC processes is a completely separate package from any other and is uniquely identifiable by the applicant's WES reference number (remember how they made you write the reference number on every single document and then on the back of the envelope?) By the time WAEC gets done with processing the confirmation of results for a given individual, the package for such individual (including the scratch card, if originally provided) is sealed off in an envelope and will only be opened next by WES Canada or WES US, as the case may be (that is, assuming everything goes as planned). Hence, two or even more different packages, each sealed off in its own envelope and properly addressed to WES in addition to being identifiable by its WES reference number, can be sent off to WES by the same courier service parcel. I can write about this with this much confidence because this was what I did. Note that the courier service I used was UPS - 9k.

1 Like

Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Skelewudprince: 1:12am On Feb 09, 2019
How do you merge the documents for multiple individuals?
Kobaro:

Hello sir,

you are both right and wrong and I will tell you why.

First off, yes you actually cannot "collect" your confirmation of results from WAEC and "send it through someone travelling to Canada". This is because WAEC only sends this document directly to WES and will NOT hand it over to the candidate for whatever reason. Another thing is that WES will only receive and process documents sent by either courier or postal mail -- No "in-person" submission of required documents is permitted as per their current stipulations. So yeah, in this regard you are totally right.

However, you can actually merge/combine WAEC confirmation of results package in order to reduce courier service costs per individual. This is the reason -- Each confirmation of results that WAEC processes is a completely separate package from any other and is uniquely identifiable by the applicant's WES reference number (remember how they made you write the reference number on every single document and then on the back of the envelope?) By the time WAEC gets done with processing the confirmation of results for a given individual, the package for such individual (including the scratch card, if originally provided) is sealed off in an envelope and will only be opened next by WES Canada or WES US, as the case may be (that is, assuming everything goes as planned). Hence, two or even more different packages, each sealed off in its own envelope and properly addressed to WES in addition to being identifiable by its WES reference number, can be sent off to WES by the same courier service parcel. I can write about this with this much confidence because this was what I did. Note that the courier service I used was UPS - 9k.
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by bettyLad(f): 8:11am On Feb 09, 2019
Please I want to ask,for Canada PR I thought we are to access our highest degree only as that would b my Bsc,I didn't use waec to enter the university as I didn't make math and English,I wrote my waec in a public school so I register neco gce which I used to enter the university, how do I access my neco gce now?Please help or is it just waec that is needed .I don't even have my weav sit number and centre number again

1 Like

Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by dipomania070: 8:48am On Feb 09, 2019
bettyLad:
Please I want to ask,for Canada PR I thought we are to access our highest degree only as that would b my Bsc,I didn't use waec to enter the university as I didn't make math and English,I wrote my waec in a public school so I register neco gce which I used to enter the university, how do I access my neco gce now?Please help or is it just waec that is needed .I don't even have my weav sit number and centre number again

Go to Neco office to send the official copy to WES. Its does not have to be WAEC. Better still make use of IQAS they dont require any secondary school certificate.
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2019
Skelewudprince:
How do you merge the documents for multiple individuals?

You talk to the courier agent, the person to whom you pay for the service. That's how.

This is how it works -- WAEC takes about two to three weeks to process confirmation of results (This is why it takes around this time to get your tracking number). When it is ready for delivery, it is sealed off in an official envelope with the applicant's WES reference number and WES address scripted on it before it is handed over to the (already chosen) courier service. From there, the courier service checks their log book and matches the details of payments (using again the WES reference number and name of the applicant) with the confirmation of results package handed to them by WAEC. That's how they know which packages to send individually and which to send collectively.

In my case, I was asked how many confirmation of results I was sending and also if I wanted to send them together or individually. I had been sending more than one and of course I wanted to save money but I had also expressed concern about something going wrong with the delivery. The courier lady however assured me that it was simply a matter of preference with regards to how people decide to send their documents and that as far as the service has been paid for it would be delivered normally, regardless of whether a parcel contained just one or multiple confirmation of results.

1 Like

Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 2:43pm On Feb 09, 2019
dipomania070:

Go to Neco office to send the official copy to WES. Its does not have to be WAEC. Better still make use of IQAS they dont require any secondary school certificate.

GBAM.

This person has said it all. Best use IQAS as they will not stress you about secondary school certificate or transcripts like WES does. The only thing I am not certain about is whether they offer an inclusive electronic storage service of your ECA and transcripts for future use whenever you want it, just like WES does (for a small fee, though). Not everyone will care about this aspect, anyway.

Another advantage WES has over IQAS is that they give you the option to choose CAD 7.00 regular mail international delivery service for the hard copy of your ECA when it is finally ready, instead of CAD 85.00 for express delivery. With IQAS, however, you pay a CAD 75.00 flat international delivery service rate unless you have chosen to receive your hard copy at an address within Canada.

IQAS main ECA fee is however cheaper than that of WES at CAD 200 versus CAD 220.
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by bettyLad(f): 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2019
dipomania070:

OK thanks for your response ,,I haven't heard about IQAS before , its my first time of hearing about them, hope its the same procedure of assessment of result with WES as everybody seems to be screaming WES WES Wes ..please if you have any information on how to go about assessing my degree with IQAS
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Tekaluku: 7:07pm On Feb 12, 2019
Good day everybody.

My question is simple....would be grateful for a response. What do I send to Wes : I have my ssce and then I need math so I did gce (for for maths). Am confused as what to send? Is it a combination of the two? Or Is it just my wasc?

Regards
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Jaykolo10(m): 6:08am On Feb 13, 2019
Why this thread come die like this naas
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
Tekaluku:
Good day everybody.

My question is simple....would be grateful for a response. What do I send to Wes : I have my ssce and then I need math so I did gce (for for maths). Am confused as what to send? Is it a combination of the two? Or Is it just my wasc?

Regards

Hello Teks, welcome to the thread.

What you "should" send to WES is clearly stated on WES' website. Usually, depending on the specific country you would be needing your WES ECA in (mostly the US or Canada) AND on what purpose for which you need the ECA (immigration, academic study, employment, etc.), there will be clearly stated requirements for you to provide to WES. Kindly understand that I am only providing this information for you to know ALL of the documents you would need to submit to WES for whatever purpose you need the ECA, in case you do not already know.

Now to the issue of having two SSCE results, like I would always tell folks who post similar enquiries on here it is always best to contact WES directly in cases where you are unclear about what to do. WES would undoubtedly be the best source of reliable information regarding their ECA application process so kindly do well to contact them with your specific question. Please try to be very clear on what information you need when you write your correspondence to them. Also, if you have paid for the service and have received your WES reference number, be sure to include it at the top or subject of every correspondence that you send to them. These things will facilitate the ease of getting a prompt response.

TIP: Contacting WES through their Twitter account (DM @WESCanada or @WESAdvisor) has always worked best for me in getting prompt responses.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by lovetree: 9:00am On Feb 14, 2019
Hello everyone. Please for anyone that has done waec verification. Want to do same for my husband. But he wrote his waec in the 90's, his waec certificate does not have date of birth. Has anyone experienced this? Can we use it like that since that's what WES is looking out for? Or is there anything waec does for this?
Thanks people
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by dipomania070: 9:26am On Feb 14, 2019
lovetree:
Hello everyone. Please for anyone that has done waec verification. Want to do same for my husband. But he wrote his waec in the 90's, his waec certificate does not have date of birth. Has anyone experienced this? Can we use it like that since that's what WES is looking out for? Or is there anything waec does for this?
Thanks people

I dont think WES is looking at the DOB on WAEC except if thats the highest quaifiction your husband had, hence evauating only WAEC. They are more concern about the degree DOB
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by lovetree: 10:06am On Feb 14, 2019
The reason WES started asking for waec is to clear DOB issues. Degree certificates has no DOB written on them,newer waec certificates has DOB on them.What WES needs waec for is to verify DOB.

I dont think WES is looking at the DOB on WAEC except if thats the highest quaifiction your husband had thus evauating only WAEC. They are more concern about the degree DOB[/quote]
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by dipomania070: 10:27am On Feb 14, 2019
lovetree:
The reason WES started asking for waec is to clear DOB issues. Degree certificates has no DOB written on them,newer waec certificates has DOB on them.What WES needs waec for is to verify DOB.

I dont think WES is looking at the DOB on WAEC except if thats the highest quaifiction your husband had thus evauating only WAEC. They are more concern about the degree DOB

This is not true because i did mine and it was succesful with diff DOB on WAEC and University Transcript. Who told you WES uses weac dob. For your information, your degree transcript(not certificate) must have a date of birth, course of study etc. WAEC is just a confirmation you wrote the exam and that was what you use for your degree.

All you need for your evaluation to be done is

WAEC
WEAC SCRATCH CARD
UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT
CERTIFICATE

1 Like

Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by olayide01(m): 5:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
Please i need waec scratch card, if you know where i can get it , kindly signify.
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by bettyLad(f): 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
I am yet to write my IELTS test, can I go ahead and apply for result assessment ,I will b writing ielts early April . also I have my school transcript with me ,I got it from the school last two years when I wanted to apply for study in Canada , can I submits that to wes or go to my school and request for another ?
is school statement of result the same as certificate as I'm yet to receive original certificate from my school ..only statement of result I have ..
please nairaland help
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by dipomania070: 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2019
bettyLad:
I am yet to write my IELTS test, can I go ahead and apply for result assessment ,I will b writing ielts early April . also I have my school transcript with me ,I got it from the school last two years when I wanted to apply for study in Canada , can I submits that to wes or go to my school and request for another ?
is school statement of result the same as certificate as I'm yet to receive original certificate from my school ..only statement of result I have ..
please nairaland help

You can evaluate your results now. You will need to go to your school to send it directly to WES. Yes statement of result will work but thats if it does not have expiry date on it
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Sheq: 11:08am On Feb 15, 2019
Hey guys...my waec was sent to wes 7 days after i applied, i was semt my track number this wednesday and i only went to waec last wednesday, so be hopeful it wouldnt take 3weeks to 1month as we feared...

1 Like

Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 6:52pm On Feb 15, 2019
Sheq:
Hey guys...my waec was sent to wes 7 days after i applied, i was semt my track number this wednesday and i only went to waec last wednesday, so be hopeful it wouldnt take 3weeks to 1month as we feared...

Oh wow, congrats buddy.
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 7:08pm On Feb 15, 2019
bettyLad:
please nairaland help

I am also scheduled to take my IELTS in early April. I have, however, almost completed my educational credential assessment. It is advisable to start the assessment process early on because on many occasions, it takes a long time to wrap it up. If you start now you may have your ECA ready for use by the time your IELTS result is ready, which is something I guess you would like to happen.

As for the transcript, you would have to get your school to send it directly to WES because it needs to be in a sealed official envelope with an official seal, stamp and/or signature across the flap. You should also have your WES reference number printed or written on the envelope -- this part is crucial. WES has stated they may not receive anything short of this.

Finally, you may be able to use your statement of results in place of a degree certificate. From one of the communications I had with WES, they stated that your school would have to send the statement of result directly to them if that is what an applicant is using (Note that you can send a copy of your degree certificate by yourself to WES). In addition, ensure the statement of result is still valid (not exceeded its expiry date) just like another user had pointed out. I would advise you to contact WES directly if you are uncertain about anything.

Hope this helps.
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2019
olayide01:
Please i need waec scratch card, if you know where i can get it , kindly signify.

Front of WAEC office at Yaba (if you're in Lagos).
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2019
lovetree:
Thanks people

Hello,

I recently processed WAEC confirmation of result for a colleague of mine who wrote his WAEC in 1995 and whose certificate has no DOB. Everything worked just fine. Just like another user here has pointed out, your husband's university degree transcripts will very likely have his DOB. WES does not need WAEC to verify DOB. The ultimate aim of their assessment is to verify that a candidate has a valid educational qualification that is equivalent to the one obtainable in Canada or the US, and not to verify a person's age. The biodata page of your international passport can take care of that part and WES would ask for it if they really need to do age verification.

So in answer to your question, yes you can use your husband's WAEC certificate like that. Just submit a copy to WAEC, they know what to do from there.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Sheq: 2:27am On Feb 16, 2019
Kobaro:

Oh wow, congrats buddy.
thank you bro! smiley
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by peek(f): 11:14am On Feb 17, 2019
Kobaro:

I do not really understand this question but if it is what I think you're asking then kindly be informed that WES does not "charge for WAEC Evaluation". Rather, there is a CAD 220 fee for the ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) which they process on your behalf and one of the specific requirements for Nigerian university graduates happen to be this WAEC confirmation of WASSC results. Unfortunately, WAEC is charging us another NGN 10k for that, Lol.
But WES says person can send not WAEC send to them.
So am confused.
Abeg clarify
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by peek(f): 11:53am On Feb 17, 2019
Ekpekus:

The bolded may not be entirely true. The most important thing is that those documents are required for the said evaluation and carry the same WES number. I know this because I did it and it was accepted. I sent my WAEC scratch card, a copy of my WAEC certificate and my degree certificate. These were accepted.

Do you mean, you sent by yourself or vai WAEC?
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by aragbaboy: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
Please apart from waec office in Yaba, can the verification be done in Port Harcourt or any other waec office and sent to WES.
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by SilentWhisperer: 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2019
Ekpekus:

The bolded may not be entirely true. The most important thing is that those documents are required for the said evaluation and carry the same WES number. I know this because I did it and it was accepted. I sent my WAEC scratch card, a copy of my WAEC certificate and my degree certificate. These were accepted.

@kobaro

Pls, I am confused about the WAEC scratch card. At the WAEC office during the application for confirmation of result, we were asked to submit scratch cards. What I don't know is will that scratch card be sent to WES along with the WAEC certificate or do I still have to send another scratch card to WES?
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by SilentWhisperer: 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
kaffy9017:
Please, does anyone know where I can get the WAEC scratch card for WES evaluation?
Is anyone planning to submit this month so we can do bulk sending via courier? Thanks.

Please, I am interested in bulk scratch card sending. How do I reach you. Please send me an email: mollypik1@yahoo.com
Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
peek:

But WES says person can send not WAEC send to them.
So am confused.
Abeg clarify

Well, I honestly do not know about being able to send your WAEC results directly to WES by yourself (unless WAEC hands the package over to you after processing, which is very unlikely) but from all the communications I have had with WES, I have been made to understand that the "appropriate examining body (has) to send your document directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official."

Also, "If the examining body gives you the document to send to WES, it must be in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate examining body. If the envelope is opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, WES cannot accept the document."

Hope you can find a way around this.

Re: How To Send WAEC Results To WES by Kobaro(m): 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2019
SilentWhisperer:

@kobaro

Pls, I am confused about the WAEC scratch card. At the WAEC office during the application for confirmation of result, we were asked to submit scratch cards. What I don't know is will that scratch card be sent to WES along with the WAEC certificate or do I still have to send another scratch card to WES?

Hi SilentWhisperer, no you do not have to send another scratch card to WES. The one WAEC asked you to submit is, in fact, the same one WES has requested and is the same one WES will use to check your results online. So, no worries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Zimbabweans React To Nigerian High-Speed Train / Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) / New Zealand Skilled Worker Category

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.