Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters (15268 Views)

Peter Obi Rallying Obidients To Shake Up Nigeria's Election - Reuters / We Killed 40 Nigerian Soldiers, Islamic State Claims / Islamic-state Linked Terrorists Seized Nigeria's Baga Town -BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by Urchman27(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2018
cry
Over to the lifeless zombies supporters.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by limeta(f): 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
I hope they get their caliphat
So there will be peace
I don't understand you agree to sharia laws but you don't want Islamic caliphat
Ah brother you not a true muslim

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by Godbest(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2018
ok
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by asawanathegreat(m): 4:09pm On Sep 20, 2018
Very very disappointing
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by Triniti(m): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2018
Chaii, Nigerian troops allowed these boko boys to damage this MRAP donated by the United States?America will never donate this type of equipment to us again. They hate seeing their weapons & equipments in the hands of terrorists
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by AngryNaijaMan: 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
Technically defeated bokoharam?
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by Banmeallday: 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2018
Sarkin:
Sigh...
This thing could have been prevented from the very beginning.
Those(e-ipob) saying obnoxious things the soldiers are really wicked and inhumane. They don't know that boko-haram would have reached their lands if not being suppressed and constantly eliminated.

May God bless our soldiers and give them more strength; our army is indeed one of the greatest army on earth, but everyone has their failures.

LOL, excuses excuses

Whether IPOB or no IPOB, the armed mercenaries protecting the resources in the NIgger Area (Nigerian Military) cant and have never been able to win any war without the absolute and total direction and support from Western and Arab experts.

That is a fact

Yet they want to award themselves with titles of Major General, Vice Admiral, etc, for what?

Nigeria remains a lie and for the entire world, even those that previously protected the lie, are now telling the truth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by proudevil: 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
[quote author=Olohunjedalo post=71370349][/quote] This is going to be on all thread. grin[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by nwakibie3(m): 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2018
HRich:
Z6ZP7R6Y

bro which bookie is the this?
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
The nigerian military is not well equipped,is not well fed and is not well clothed so how do u expect them to be a match to a boko harram that is well fed,well clothed and supplied with more superior weapons. U can imagine a soldier of the nigerian army wearing tattered looking Adidas sneakers cos the govt was unable to supply him ordinary boots! Naija na werey.
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by JudasNaCarrot: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2018
Donlamzy:
Too long to read, anybody to summarise??
Lazy yoot.

I know you depend on expo to pass exams instead of reading your books.

Gerarahia!
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by EmirAbj: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2018
Islam Will Rule The World At Large
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by ollah2: 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2018
Now you see why there are many Borno governor aspirants. They all want the office not to work but to embezzle money meant to fight these b@stards. Like I have always said, terrorism is a billion dollar business but the innocents, defenceless and foot solders are the victims of these unfortunate and here to stay problem
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2018
Exqueen:
Where's the $1 billion buhari borrowed to buy equipment
he wants to use it for the upcoming 2019 elections
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by lalo128: 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

I don't just know what to say honestly
my brother the tire me pass you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by forgiveness: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2018
Sarkin:
Sigh...
Those(e-ipob) saying obnoxious things the soldiers are really wicked and inhumane. They don't know that boko-haram would have reached their lands if not being suppressed and constantly eliminated.

May God bless our soldiers and give them more strength; our army is indeed one of the greatest army on earth, but everyone has their failures.

I think it is high time we develop our weapons by ourselve.
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by Eze2000(m): 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2018
Sarkin:
Sigh...

Lols!

You are a very smart ignorant guy!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by planetx: 4:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
When you have an army that is only good at oppresing "bloody" civilians, why won't they struggle when they encounter armed opponents who are also bloody civilians but with truck mounted anti aircraft guns.
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by maxzzo1(m): 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2018
As a former general with no accolades is obvious Buhari is a failure....
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by poseidon12: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2018
Exqueen:
Where's the $1 billion buhari borrowed to buy equipment

Good question. APC is using it for 2019 election rigging.
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by poseidon12: 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2018
Blue3k:
The situation is tragic for these soldiers. How could they be running out of ammo and basic equipment. Nigeria should be making its own stuff by now. Niger spends too much cash not have blankets and other essentials.

If the millitary doesnt get the ground troops squared away the air support wont do them much good. The currupt elements in millitary need to be routed out. The NE redevelopment plan will gave to be shelved until they actually eradicate boko haram. If the government doesnt it will be like Zamfara.

Ps:

The millitary already made their response if anyone is wondering.

cc: SSGN

If you remove the corrupt elements in the military, I guess there will be no one left. I believe that the main problem is lack of will to eliminate Boko haram by the current administration. They are more focused on having the Fulani take over Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-security-military/nigerian-military-struggles-against-islamic-state-in-west-africa-sources-idUSKCN1LZ1IF

''Soldiers have become terrified of the insurgents, afraid to leave their bases, said a security source and a diplomat. While hundreds have died recently, hundreds more have deserted.''

And soldiers are even committing suicide.
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by kokomilala(m): 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2018
When you don't tackle a problem head on, this is what you get. Ghadaffi, the late revolutionary of Libya, was the one who kept these terrorists at bay. He trained dissents from the left, right and indeterminate. So, he knew when to use them and when to restrain them, as he did in Lockerbie,Scotland, in 1986 where over 200 American students were killed, when their plane was neutralised. And at the edge of the Sahara, when his goons blasted the UTA Airline out of the skies.
Following his overthrow and the end of his dynasty, what did Nigeria, close to Libya, do to demilitarise and demobilise the fighters and terrorists? Those arms and ammunition have found their way into the hands of the new recruits of terrorists. They have simply become what Wole Soyinka calls the Quasi State.
Terrorists, everywhere, exploit the frailties of failed states. From Somalia to Niger, they exploit the weaknesses of failing and failed states. Nigeria, very easily, became easy prey for them. With our badly shaped military, under-equipped,ill-motivated and structurally positioned, there is precious little they can do. They have become prostate to the quasi state. They have simply bowed to superior fire power.
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by Jahwinaboy(m): 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
O my Nigerian youths and brothers. What must we do to come out of all these stagnations? Let's unite and fight for liberation. Look at how we are fighting ourselves without making headway. Yoruba,Igbo,Hausa,South south,Middle belt youths, let's unite and fight these politicians or advocate to disintegrate. I have an idea 1. Let's massively protest nationally (all states) but before then, let's form a united forum, movement all states in order to make it a success or 2.Let all Nigerian youths boycott/avoid next year general elections or 3. Let us protect our votes during and after elections. Fear is a killer itself. We must do something to move forward. I have suggested, it will be wise to proffer solutions too instead of criticisms. Arewa youths, Niger delta youths, Middle belt youths, Igbo youths, Oduduwa youths,etc The time to decide is at hand. Forward ever, No more stagnations. Subsequently, mood of operations/actualisations should be communicated.
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by bewla(m): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
kcjazzy:
wow these almajiris really mean to fall the zoo, so many losses in this decorated forest
serious issue u laff I pray it does not get to ur turn who will u call
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by yrex01(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
SarcasticGenius:

wat ur problem either they pay some ransom or not ? Thank God d abducted victim came back home alive !! If dey refuse to pay n got killed it's also ur kind will come on NL b shouting baba diz baba dat upandown !!! Shmmm some Nigerians shaaa
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
joeyswift:
Why play politics with the lives of these soldiers? They are people's uncles, aunts, fathers, brothers, friends. Above all they are humans too. Sending any soldier to sambisa is like sending them to a landmine

Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by InvertedHammer: 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
/
I won't necessarily call a man with an AK-47 with only 12 rounds of ammunition a soldier. They are being sent on a suicide mission.

Select all the middlebelt and southern folks in the armed forces and deploy them up North. Then leak their movement to BH and read report on the casualties in an airconditioned room in Abuja.

Hunger game?

/
Re: Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters by GistFullGround: 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
That first picture, is it not the so-called Mine Resistant vehicle the US gave Nigeria?

What blew it off like that?

Mine Resistant ko, Resistant Mine ni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bashir Abdullahi: Power, Fuel Price Hike Ill-Timed / Political Jargons Among Nigerians / FG To Expel Prison Controllers ‘taking Bribe To Lock Up Poor People’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.