Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Tips To Successful Flyer/poster Design - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Tips To Successful Flyer/poster Design (1031 Views)

I Created This Ice-cream Poster Design On My Smartphone Using Only Canva / Job Poster Design Needed / DESIGN & PRINT UR BUSINESS Card | BANNER | FLYER | BROCHURE | LOGO -CLICK HERE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips To Successful Flyer/poster Design by hamlino15(m): 9:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
1. Sort Out the Practicalities First:
Before you start designing your flyer, you need to think about some practical issues. Yes, this may be dull, but it’s important!
One thing to consider is the format of your flyer—do you want it in hard copy (print) or soft copy (digital e-flyer) format? This is most times determined by your budget.
Electronic flyers are a great choice for quickly and conveniently circulating your flyers via social media or and other digital platforms.
Another thing very important is the size you want the final draft of the flyer to be.

2. Make Typeface the Focus of Your Flyer :
Google ‘flyer designs’ and you’ll almost certainly have a visual heart attack. So many colors, pictures, and ‘look-at-me!’ designs. Flyers are designed to grab your attention, and they all share common features for doing just that. That’s not to say that you should compromise on the quality of the design for the sake of simply catching someone’s eye.
One way of keeping the design classy and eye-catching is to make typography the primary focus of the design. This is where you pass the core message of the flyer design. A well-chosen typeface, set at large size and in a contrasting color won’t fail to catch someone’s eye.

3. Color is Highly Important :
Color is going to be a hugely important part of your flyer design. The right color combination will set the scene for your event, and give your flyer a strong sense of atmosphere. Never forget that there are several colors for different purposes.
Using a set of eye-catching neon styles adds an ultra-cool, atmospheric touch to flyer designs. Don’t shy away from using muted colors on your flyers too. Complementary, vintage-inspired swatches can look friendly, calming and stylish.

4. Background Images Make Designs Look Cooler:
Flat designs can look great but if you want to give your flyer that extra cool factor, you need to think about injecting a bit of grunge into your design. Using images and texture effects in your layouts is a great way to do this. By choosing the right images that go along with the theme of the design, interpretation becomes clear and easy to relate with.

5. Keep It Simply Stupid (KISS) :
Above all being said, keep every design simple. When you check flyer designs from big brands like UBA or Apple, the relating factor is the message being passed across with simplicity. It always advisable to use the number of fonts and colors at the maximum of 3.

This post is contributed by Grace Fussel (Graphic designer and Design writer)

Damilare H. Oyekanmi (Creative Designer, Content Writer and Branding consultant @ [url]creativedohl.com[/url])

Re: Tips To Successful Flyer/poster Design by LMandela(m): 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2018
Nice one! cool

(1) (Reply)

I'm A Professional Video Editor. Hire Me / EDOFEST: Photo Exhibition On Looted Benin Artefacts Opens In Edo / How I Created This Stunning Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.