Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Who's Got A Bmw 2005 318i - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Who's Got A Bmw 2005 318i (7496 Views)

Bmw 2005 523i (5 Series) Milage 111678 / Niger Used Bmw 2005 Model For Sale / Convertible Bmw 2005 645ci 64k Miles , Check Out Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's Got A Bmw 2005 318i by jameau(m): 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2010
Hi Guys ,

I just got a nie BMW and already it seems the stereotype of theBM brand is getting to me.Whoever has experience or owns one should pls share their experience in terms of fuel economy ,maintenence ,parts and other stuff.But pls only informed opinion from people who drive ones are needed.I bought it anyway!Thanks.

Re: Who's Got A Bmw 2005 318i by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2010
jameau:

Hi Guys ,

I just got a nie BMW and already it seems the stereotype of theBM brand is getting to me.Whoever has experience or owns one should pls share their experience in terms of fuel economy ,maintenence ,parts and other stuff.But pls only informed opinion from people who drive ones are needed.I bought it anyway!Thanks.
What are these so-called stereotypes? Anyway if you want to enjoy the BMW ALWAYS use genuine parts once the occasion (and this is seldom) arises. Check out these links and believe me u should rest assured.
www.pelicanparts.com
www.motormec.co.uk
For comprehensive information on all BMW model parts see
wwww.realoem.com
Re: Who's Got A Bmw 2005 318i by chelseabmw(m): 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2010
wait for responses
Re: Who's Got A Bmw 2005 318i by jameau(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2010
@costee ,

Thanks.what i mean by stereotypes is that almost everyone advises against buying a BMW for the same reasons being - it guzzles too much fuel and it is very expensive to maintain.What i ask them which no one has been able to answer satisfactorily is: of course i am willing to accept that compared to toyota and honda ,the maintenancve and fuel consumption may be higher ,but just how higher is it.For instance ,staying at ilupeju and working on lagos island without much movt. during weekends ,how much am i likely to spend on fuel?And i just did some improvements on the car i bought,seems not to be too prohibitive.So ,i think someone who has used the same car for some time could give me some forewarning.Thanks for your advice anyway.

@chelsea bmw ,looking forward to ur reply
Re: Who's Got A Bmw 2005 318i by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2010
The 318i (its the smallest) is probably the most fuel efficient of the BMW series. At any rate modern technology is bring all vehicles at per concerning fuel efficiency.
Re: Who's Got A Bmw 2005 318i by ladiipo: 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2010
Costee,
It depends on the kind of guy you are. If you are interested in buying a boring car and balnd car that i reliable then buy a Toyota or Honda, but if you like performance and the joy of driving then a BMW takes some beating. I do have a 2005 318I for sale and the only thing i can say about it is that maintenance is high i.e, to get the best out of it you must get original parts. If you do, you would love it to bits. You will find that people that drive BMW's tend to stick with BMW's.
To summarize, if you can afford it and don't the occassional cost of maintenance, you'll love it, but if you want to go for something that is easy and relatively cheap to maintain, then consider other options!
Re: Who's Got A Bmw 2005 318i by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2010
ladiipo has inadvertently directed the advice to me. It was no doubt meant for jameau the initiator of the thread.

(1) (Reply)

* WHITE HORSE * 2011 Acura ZDX ( Pre Ordered By Maxi-t From Inspired Autos ) / 1997 Toyota Dyna 200 Truck For Sale / BMW Coja for sale in Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.