Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun (21392 Views)

NYSC Scandal: Bolaji Abdullahi To Pick Kwara PDP Ticket / BREAKING: APC Disqualifies Shittu From Guber Race Over NYSC Scandal / NYSC Scandal: 'Sack Adeosun' - Francis Obalim Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by MediahelmNG: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
Minister of Communications, Adebayo Shittu has reacted to reports alleging that he evaded the compulsory National Youth Service Corps scheme, insisting that his case cannot be compared to that of the former Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun.

The Minister who insisted that whereas that of the former finance minister was fake, he didn’t even obtain his, adding that he considered his service at the state assembly, “a higher service”.

Speaking with journalists after his screening at the ongoing Screening exercise for APC gubernatorial aspirants in Abuja, Shittu said he did not infringe on any law of the country.

He said: “Nigerian Tribune even reported that I left university in 1979 but in actual sense , I left in 1978 and left law school in 1979 and the constitution says anyone who qualifies to contest an election or who has gone through an election and wins, he is obligated to move through the house of assembly which I did for four years, so it is a form of higher service as far as I’m concerned and even now, I am still in service”.

On whether he has violated any known law, the minister said; “I don’t see and I’m not worried. Do you see any worry on my face? I don’t think so except someone has a superior argument and can prove it”.
Stressing that his case was not like that of Kemi Adeosun, Shittu said: “there is a whole world of difference. Unfortunately, Kemi had a fake certificate, I didn’t present any, I didn’t have one, I simply followed the constitutional requirement that if you are qualified to contest an election, it is compulsory for you to serve the nation in the capacity that you won an election”.

https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/09/nysc-saga-my-case-is-different-says.html

1 Like

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Nbote(m): 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hehehe... So dey are now admitting Adeosun forged abi

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by amaniro: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
my case is different

do you attend living faith??

228 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by chiefolododo(m): 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
This minister needs to be flogged

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by cooldipo(m): 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
He is talking gibberish

24 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by smatt1711: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
The more you interact or come close to Buhari supporters, the more you understand why Noah saved more animals than humans���

180 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by teflonjake(m): 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
Baba is an educated ILLITERATE .

27 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Almaiga: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2018
I think Kemi Adeosun's major crime was not her inability to take part in NYSC, but presenting a fake NYSC certificate was her crime.

Well, make I go mind my Business. cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by delpee(f): 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2018
No Nigerian who graduated under 30 years ( except military personnel ) is allowed to skip NYSC. He's a lawyer and should know.
The military training at the orientation camp is also important and can't be done anywhere else.

So many dubious 'leaders.' undecided

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by wallex1983(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
I wonder why NYSC has not been abolished really...

So the people leading us, who are still allowing this NYSC nightmare to thrive never went through the hell?

May God save the 'common' man o

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Racoon(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2018
"The Minister who insisted that whereas that of the former finance minister was fake, he didn’t even obtain his, adding that he considered his service at the state assembly, “a higher service”

See the stupidity of the so called leaders Nigeria have? Rationalizing criminality? So is this what the NYSC law says

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by ifymadu: 10:21pm On Sep 21, 2018
This fanatic

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by FarahAideed: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hahahahabaha

3 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Olujoe1(m): 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
Yeah, you don't have fake certificate but you faked your way in...... Bunch of certificateless pipu

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by traihit: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
You don't even have any and don't deserve all you've enjoyed at all... This man is using style to tell us that he is a confident law breaker compared to Adeosun who deceptively broke the law.

11 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Sharpshooota: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
Both Buhari and his cabinet members lack certificates

It's a true story

27 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by JailBreaker(m): 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
i believe you
Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by id4sho(m): 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2018
BABANLA has spoken, gbagam.

#BACKTODAURA

5 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Melison(m): 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2018
Kettle calling pot black
Mtchew govt of lies and deciet

11 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Shortyy(f): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
Na so
Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by chris20000: 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
Make una dey fool una selves.

Ndiala

6 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by toluxa1(m): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
Criminal! Will someone kindly arrest this guy? He is making no sense. How can you make your own laws. The NYSC law is clear. Only 4 groups of people can be exempted from NYSC scheme and being a law maker is not one of them. How can you say because you were a state assembly member, that was a service, even call it a higher service? Are you mad ni? Weren't you paid salary?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by kennypoka2(m): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
I love how these Nysc issues are playing out. This man's argument is based on the fact that his service in the house of assembly is the same as NYSC.. And he dared anyone who has guts to come challenge him.. A step in the right direction. If that's the case, I see Nysc getting abolished soon..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Carmal90(m): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
The man was right, he did not present any certificate, so why the drama, did Nigeria constitution said he must serve before appointment has minister??
See leave the man, he did nothing wrong

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by McAausim: 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
Another Tori.... sad sad

Shameless old fools from bloods sucking government of APC.... embarassed

FAKE NYSC TRENDINGS.....

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by sagaxity(m): 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
why do we have people who only interpreter the law as it suit them as our leaders?

Nigeria were are you going?

14 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by seborrhic: 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
So bold and brazen in his foolishness.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Lanre12388: 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2018
delpee:
No Nigerian who graduated under 30 years ( except military personnel ) is allowed to skip NYSC. He's a lawyer and should know.
The military training at the orientation camp is also important and can't be done anywhere else.

So many dubious 'leaders.' undecided

Waht about the people that run part time program and was exempted from service
Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Ayatullah(m): 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
cooldipo:
He is talking gibberish

Then decode with your gibberish ears.

2 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Mostfavoured010(m): 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
I don't know how we found ourselves in this mess, we are seriously in one chance, its like God is using this Government to punish Nigerians as a result of our disobedience and sin embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Adebayo Shittu On NYSC Scandal: I Don't Have Fake Certificate Like Kemi Adeosun by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
What am I expected to say regarding this well I Don talk tire e b like say ppl for this country ears are blocked, everybody is talking but no body is listening

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Donates $ 500 ,000 To Support Guinea Bissau Election / So Is The Protest A Success Or A Failure? / Wike Sacks VC, Rosamund Osahagulu, Week After Abduction, Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.