Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? (33186 Views)

Should I Leave My Current Company / Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue / Career Options: Should I Leave My Teaching Job To Be A Driver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:10am On Sep 22, 2018
I hope it is not in one of those hellish Arab countries.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Icon4s(m): 10:10am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:
I Need Serious Advice On The Path To Tow

I am currently confused right now on what to do. I need advice.

I got this job that pays 200k+ a month plus a decent accommodation. Iam very good at my job and I have been planning on opening my own. As a matter of fact I have planned to start buying the equipments needed for the company by October. Although if everything goes as planned the company would begin operation by middle of next year. I also have the intention of combining my job and running the company(it's no big deal). However I ran into this sure link of getting a very high paid job abroad. The link is legit and very sure, all I have to do is accept and I will leave ASAP but my problem here is that my parents wokldolet me step out of the country cause I'm their only son. I needed the abroad job as it would boost my income and enable me achieve what I had planned. If I should follow my initial plan the company would run on a small scale. However, with the fund from the away job I could get enough money to go into full business.

Iam thinking of defying them and go ahead with the abroad plan. But one mind is telling me to hold onto my initial plan.

Please what do I do?

Ps I have already been offered the job abroad all I have to do is to accept it. And I don't have much time left.

I need sincere inputs
Negative comments are welcomed too

No sure links any where in the world. Look before you leap.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by RexEmmyGee: 10:11am On Sep 22, 2018
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 22, 2018
Millenniumlady:
h
so ladies dey follow book space
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Sterope(f): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2018
Have you gotten an employment letter?

Have you spoken to the HR personnel of that company with the email or phone number provided on the website?

Have you confirmed that the job link is not a scam?

Have you confirmed if that company and link actually exist?

It is suicidal to leave your family and a well paying job only to be stranded or trafficked.

donsiqua:

Thank you sir
I have a great relationship with my parents but they have there fears- that I may go there and not return and worst still marrying a white woman lol
I have tried to convince them but to no avail

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by adozie(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Thank you sir
I have a great relationship with my parents but they have there fears- that I may go there and not return and worst still marrying a white woman lol
I have tried to convince them but to no avail

Their fears are real. You won’t marry a white woman, but you WON’T RETURN.
Money is not everything. More importantly you are comfortable in Nigeria and you seem to have a bright future. I see no reason why you should be desperate. If you work deligently in Nigeria you are likely to build a great business. Many have done it.
Family is important.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by outcst: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2018
Abeg before you go, connect a brother with the Nigerian job. wink

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by lewis512(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2018
You have lucky head Oooo, only you and they say naija no good ....Stay home and go spend vacation with your friends abroad jare, na u be the real Hoti hoti

10 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Codo22(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2018
xtophy1:
When some ppl dont even have a job of their own, somebody is having two... i swear this life is not fair...

please, today is Saturday, my ppl in d University of betting, particularly in the faculty of bet9ja... I have a missing script and my supervisor said i must pay for him to check my script 4 me. Help me with anything to have.. my matric number is 5557511...Just help a course mate pls

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by MrHandsome2013: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

I got this job that pays 200k+ a month plus a decent accommodation. Iam very good at my job and I have been planning on opening my own. As a matter of fact I have planned to start buying the equipments needed for the company by October. Although if everything goes as planned the company would begin operation by middle of next year. I also have the intention of combining my job and running the company(it's no big deal). However I ran into this sure link of getting a very high paid job abroad. The link is legit and very sure, all I have to do is accept and I will leave ASAP but my problem here is that my parents wokldolet me step out of the country cause I'm their only son. I needed the abroad job as it would boost my income and enable me achieve what I had planned. If I should follow my initial plan the company would run on a small scale. However, with the fund from the away job I could get enough money to go into full business.

Iam thinking of defying them and go ahead with the abroad plan. But one mind is telling me to hold onto my initial plan.

Please what do I do?

Ps I have already been offered the job abroad all I have to do is to accept it. And I don't have much time left.

I need sincere inputs

Bro connect me biko nna
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by ekestic1976(f): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Please what do I do?

I need sincere inputs

My advice: Stay here, Bros. The devil has a way of duplicating success just to take both successes from you later. "He who's faithful in little . . . "

5 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by sureheaven(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2018
Yes ..... US, Canada, France and Australia.

Pls don’t go any Asian or Arabic countries or any country that doesn’t speak English. shocked

U can’t be in US for 6 months without using car. Either u are on visiting or student visa not to talk of PR or LR.

That shows how good their economy is.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2018
If you're very sure it's legit, It will be worth it, else please don't try it. BTW where is this country self?
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by menacity(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Sure! Thanks

Bro i wont ask you to resign neither will i ask you to ignore the abroad job. 1st ask yourself what you want? Pray to God to direct your path.I understand the fear of your family.I would advice you sit them down n explain to them.I pray God guide u bro. Pls send us link too we are still hunting
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by ekestic1976(f): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2018
adozie:

Their fears are real. You won’t marry a white woman, but you WON’T RETURN.
Money is not everything. More importantly you are comfortable in Nigeria and you seem to have a bright future. I see no reason why you should be desperate. If you work deligently in Nigeria you are likely to build a great business. Many have done it.
Family is important.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by RexEmmyGee: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2018
+
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by lovingyouhun: 10:15am On Sep 22, 2018
Guy how much is the company abroad going to pay you as salary? Subtract house rent, light, water, gas, heater bills.... Also find out what other bills you will have to face, monthly insurance is also there waiting for you... If the remaining money is worth it, say close to 800k or 1M then you can go, if not think hard before you do anything. But let us in on your abroad salary, you will get better advice from then on

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Joshzion(m): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2018
Talk to God in prayer and let your heart lead you. Let your parent know about it
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by dnapstar(m): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2018
My advice to you is to remain here and work with what you have, provided you have a contract with your current company.
Build your own company little by little.
"A bird at hand is better than a thousand in the bush"
"The devil you know is Better than the angel you don't know"
Don't allow the greed of being paid more or travelling abroad push you.
200k is not bad and most importantly you claim to like your Job.
That is a perfect combo.
You are a king at home and would always be a stranger in another man's home.

NB provided you have a contract with your current company and your happy there, please stay.

I am speaking from first hand experience.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by philip0906(m): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2018
grossintel:
If you're very sure it's legit, It will be worth it, else please don't try it. BTW where is this country self?
Same question I wanted to ask?
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Hopebringer: 10:18am On Sep 22, 2018
[s]
generationz:

if I was the one I would have just gone and begin sending mad cash to my parents when I settle down. however that's me cause I have an independent mind I don't know about how strict or uncompromising your folks are

make sure you dig dee into to reason your aren't allowed to travel out

being an only child it could be more than the fact that they love you so much , THERE COULD BE A SPIRITUAL REASON
you might think that only happens in nollywood but we can't rule out the possibility

how long did they wait before conceiving and what measures was taking for you to be conceived.

it could also be that they are scared that when you go you will marry onyeocha (white person) and refuse to come back . nothing scares African parents especially IBO's like that for their first sons.

me I don't really know how to convince people in this situation that its so juicy for my future and I might strongly regret dropping it I no go even tell anybody I will just waka.
[/s]

Trash
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2018
You better go abroad if you've got someone over there who's gonna give you a headstart , and your passport is genuine so you wouldn't be living a fugitive life.

Over there is a thousand times better than over here.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Hopebringer: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2018
[s]
Olami0394:
Please don’t try it !!!!! Most of them you see over there are living a fake life , you’re better than most them financially trust me
[/s]

Trash

When you say most of them I guess you mean people who didn't.go.to university like you ?

Or people who went abroad illegally ?

Or people who get all their experience from.movies and internet bloggs?stop talking nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by ijemishkisic(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2018
Check your life and the social risks associated with it , also exchange rate.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by BigGuyMan01: 10:21am On Sep 22, 2018
Tell us the name of the country you intend going before any advice

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Hopebringer: 10:22am On Sep 22, 2018
Let me just summarize your salary is low

If you have means to go abroad and get a job do it !

If you have no qalms with living a.mediorcre lifestyle please stay in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Owned: 10:22am On Sep 22, 2018
grin

Is Like Your Village People Wan Use Ure Head For Ogogoro Work

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by einsteino(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2018
R2bees:
200K and a decent Accommodation is great wonder why u still want to travel outside.. Family First

just 200k is great wonder? I know folks who were earning 2 million naira after tax and still left. grin What you should say is 200k is great compared to going to a country illegally or staying where you haven't got the legal rights to be employed in a decent job. If he can go through permanent resident visa, then 200k is a joke to hold him back.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by 12345baba(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2018
All these jobs abroad are ploy for ur kidney and liver to be harvested. Uche GI dii ya o.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by akdjr(m): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2018
Bros abeg chill here make we develop naija.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Gallantchrist(m): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2018
Sir I understand your grief

Some decisions are very hard to make as you consider both the nagative and positive side of the decision

Well let's look into what you just said
You have a very good job and you are doing well in it, a very good apartment which is perfect
Everyone would like to have the same too

But going outside the country would be a very good action and an advice able one because everyone would tell you to they want to leave this country (Nigeria)...well I laugh at they sometimes and always say this to my self "shey na when you taste two soup you go know the one way sweet pass" if they leave this country without adequate planning of thier staying in thier new country like considering the following
1:what will I be doing there?
2:who do I know there
3:Is the county safe for migrants??
4:what If I go there and things didn't work out as planed what would be my next plan
5:what are the unusual happenings In the country( of cause every country have strange happenings)
6: isn't my country better than that country and if the country is better than my on what stand is that

All these are what I advice the people to consider before leaving the country

Well if you are sure of your wellbeing in the country and all those mentioned considerings are good to you, you can move on

And for your parents they are just scared with time they will get used to it

Am a student who just finished my secondary school this year (2018) and am the only child of my parents and am planning on setting my self up with something before entering into the university

And one quote that keeps me going is something I lernt from Jenifer dairy which is "the law of attraction" if you think positivity you will have positive things coming your way"

Wish you good luck sir

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Funkybabee(f): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2018
Don't go yet,start ur own business till it is boom with ur salary u can go there for holiday trip and connect with more people and later u can settle there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Dele Taiwo, Magistrate In Ondo State (Photos) / Angry UBA Customer Grills Bank Staff Over Fraudulent Transactions In His Account / Physically Challenged Man Controls Traffic In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.