Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? (33197 Views)

Should I Leave My Current Company / Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue / Career Options: Should I Leave My Teaching Job To Be A Driver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by BabaAroba: 10:25am On Sep 22, 2018
please my brother face your job and business in Nigeria, you can travel to abroad anytime you like when your business is well establish,think twice okay.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Olami0394: 10:25am On Sep 22, 2018
Hopebringer:
[s][/s]

Trash

When you say most of them I guess you mean people who didn't.go.to university like you ?

Or people who went there illegally ?

Or people 2ho get all their experience from.movies and internet booggs?stop talking nonsense
can’t you comment without an insult ?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Orpe7(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:
I Need Serious Advice On The Path To Tow

I am currently confused right now on what to do. I need advice.

I got this job that pays 200k+ a month plus a decent accommodation. Iam very good at my job and I have been planning on opening my own. As a matter of fact I have planned to start buying the equipments needed for the company by October. Although if everything goes as planned the company would begin operation by middle of next year. I also have the intention of combining my job and running the company(it's no big deal). However I ran into this sure link of getting a very high paid job abroad. The link is legit and very sure, all I have to do is accept and I will leave ASAP but my problem here is that my parents wokldolet me step out of the country cause I'm their only son. I needed the abroad job as it would boost my income and enable me achieve what I had planned. If I should follow my initial plan the company would run on a small scale. However, with the fund from the away job I could get enough money to go into full business.

Iam thinking of defying them and go ahead with the abroad plan. But one mind is telling me to hold onto my initial plan.

Please what do I do?

Ps I have already been offered the job abroad all I have to do is to accept it. And I don't have much time left.

I need sincere inputs
Negative comments are welcomed too

Bomb dey ur head
Leave wetin
Like say to go do holiday don hard for u
Better keep ur job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by bhanty01: 10:25am On Sep 22, 2018
I have similar experience like this.... my own be day, if na Woli or pastor go after them and ask about your plans to pray for it for you, if na alfa or babalawo,abeg ask wella ooo grin grin

donsiqua:

I got this job that pays 200k+ a month plus a decent accommodation. Iam very good at my job and I have been planning on opening my own. As a matter of fact I have planned to start buying the equipments needed for the company by October. Although if everything goes as planned the company would begin operation by middle of next year. I also have the intention of combining my job and running the company(it's no big deal). However I ran into this sure link of getting a very high paid job abroad. The link is legit and very sure, all I have to do is accept and I will leave ASAP but my problem here is that my parents wokldolet me step out of the country cause I'm their only son. I needed the abroad job as it would boost my income and enable me achieve what I had planned. If I should follow my initial plan the company would run on a small scale. However, with the fund from the away job I could get enough money to go into full business.

Iam thinking of defying them and go ahead with the abroad plan. But one mind is telling me to hold onto my initial plan.

Please what do I do?

Ps I have already been offered the job abroad all I have to do is to accept it. And I don't have much time left.

I need sincere inputs

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by BonkoINC: 10:25am On Sep 22, 2018
A bird at hand is better than a thousand in the bush.. pls stick to this job and plan ahead. Since it's a safe work. The one abroad you ain't too sure.

200k + accommodation is decent. You could stay put and go on with your plans. You will travel if you want to. Pls one step at a time.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

It is difficult to advise you until we know in which country abroad you are going and what kind of job/ salary you will do / earn there.

Answer the above questions and I will advise you based in my knowledge of the world.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by dspeaker(m): 10:26am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Iam 100% sure. I have my friends working there already
kindly share the link with us.I need that kind of link biko.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by joewinson: 10:27am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Please what do I do?

I need sincere inputs

If your are sure the job abroad is real, nothing should stop you.

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by prince049(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Please what do I do?

I need sincere inputs

This is my advice.
Check your pros and cons very well, do a rigorous feasibility study, ask yourself what you want and if you can bear the consequences if it doesn't go as plan, never underestimate the advice of your parents, then pray about it. Anything apart from this will lead you astray.
Although I wouldn't mind if you can mentor me Tharealprinceobinna49@Gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by nairayouthcom(m): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Please what do I do?

I need sincere inputs

please sir, can you send me the sure link to work outside

pls mail me iseeseun @ gmail [.]com
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Princedapace(m): 10:30am On Sep 22, 2018
TAxposer:

Africans and this spirituality of a thing..OP ,it's your life..live your dreams..we have just one life..enjoy it to the fullest

Lol even Americans believe in spiritual powers too. No be only Africans my brother..

Whites spend a lot on spiritual stuff..
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by FrankTalk1: 10:30am On Sep 22, 2018
It all depends on your goals and plans.

However, have it at the back of your mind that, money dnt grow on trees abroads. You have to hustle and work hard for every penny you earn. Also, in many cases you may need to start afresh with lowest paying jobs, because your previous work experience in Nigeria won't be regarded.

You can succeed in Nigeria and go abroads for vacation from time to time.

But if you have good plans of perhaps furthering your education abroads, you are ready to start life afresh and have another taste of life, then you can relocate. However, select a good country. Some countries will just make life more miserable for you.

See 17 INVALUABLE PRINCIPLES OF WEALTH CREATION AND CAREER SUCCESSS.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by alfredilly: 10:31am On Sep 22, 2018
Olami0394:
Please don’t try it !!!!! Most of them you see over there are living a fake life , you’re better than most them financially trust me
Shut the Bleep up. Most of you nigerian are beclouded by ignorance driven mediocrity and it is a pity some people who know nothing about foreign country still think like you. Do you think there is life here. What you call paid employment is nothing short of slavery compared to this foreign country. A newly employed banker in the U.S receive nothing less than 3 million naira equivalent per month. The most important thing is to get the right document that could grant you a legitimate working right.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by freshboy31: 10:32am On Sep 22, 2018
Bro can u please share the link with me I will really appreciate it yanzareyn@gmail. com thanks
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by King44(m): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Please what do I do?

I need sincere inputs

bro don't walk faster than ur leg, stock to ur initial plans n make it work, remember if u opt for traveling u would loose, job, house and ur dream of owning a business which u have already started for something u claim to be sure of when u its clear u have not tried it, what if u get there they pay u the big pay but other expenses like tax etc put a cut on it or u are not happy with the conditions under which u work, u are making a steady progress in life don't loose it, its ur decision make it wisely

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Reeses: 10:33am On Sep 22, 2018
Too much bills over here bro.As someone that has lived in States for over 11 years now if i find a job paying 200k in Nigeria i wouldn't think twice to take the offer.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Eke40seven(m): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Please what do I do?

I need sincere inputs

Man! Don't believe all these friends abroad stories, I am telling you, for many it's not what you see is what you get. Have you spoken to the company directly through official means? Have you gotten a contract yet... You don't even move an inch if everything is not arranged and it's confirmed through an official means. Scams abound, and in many cases, it's your family and friends whom you trust that will decieve you because you are an easy target.
What country is this? Which type of job? Do you also know the embassy procedures?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by bigtt76(f): 10:34am On Sep 22, 2018
That 200k + accommodation would seem like gold now but wait till after the presidential elections and you will see it go down the drain.

If I were you, I would take up the job offer (if in a sane country try ooo like UK and US) and once settle down begin to think whatever issues this might have caused between me and my parents (na first son dem go chop). I'm sure Linda went through all of that with her parents but guess what immediately she dropped the dad and mum cars and houses with travels overseas.... dem nor de to again. Infact they followed her to go give birth without marriage... Which ibo man or family does that grin

Guy, prepare take off o! Work/business for naija nor suo again o! If Ambode seat as governor nor suo na work or business go suo? cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Please what do I do?

I need sincere inputs

if you need sincere advice from matured minds, you have to tell us what job you do and what part of the world you intend going. any other advice here is based on intuition rather than facts.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Barfibassey(m): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqau..... My advise to you is that try to make use of what you have in hand, my brother aboard no easy you fit spend money put at the end you no go see and success in it, better you focus on your current earning and try to make it grow if you can save money in Nigeria and invest it in something good then there's no need of you thinking of going to to Europe because my brother for here e no easy atall nah abeg I the beg you because it's not all that glitters nah him be gold.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by aldexrio(m): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Please what do I do?

I need sincere inputs

You should pray about it and give it some time. if you still feel good about the job ok. Just let God lead you.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Seamareggae(m): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2018
Reeses:
Too much bills over here bro.As someone that has lived in States for over 11 years now if i find a job paying 200k in Nigeria i wouldn't think twice to take the offer.
Can you expansiate.... You've lived there for 11 years nd you're complaining... Nd you didn't relocate to Nigeria... ���
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Marvel2rule: 10:37am On Sep 22, 2018
You may have to be very careful in making a decision here. Travelling abroad for a greener pasture might not be a bad decision, however, you have to be very certain of where you are going. Leaving certainty for uncertainty is a risk sometimes but taking a calculated risk might be worth it. Ask your friend working there some salient questions like how much he/she earns per hour, cost of living, taxes, etc so that you can have an idea of how much you can earn monthly after all expenses.

Also, you must know that Nigerian jobs are not secured and guaranteed with all due respect. If you are so sure that the work will be available till you have your own running itself and you are so convince of the future returns of the business, you might want to give it a shot but do your mathematics right.

As per your parents, I am sure you can have discussions with them when you must have made up your mind and let them see things from your side. They can always support you if they see reasons in what you are doing.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 22, 2018
OP, here's a black woman you can marry before you go. I will take care of your business. grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 22, 2018
alfredilly:
Shut the Bleep up. Most of you nigerian are beclouded by ignorance driven mediocrity and it is a pity some people who know nothing about foreign country still think like you. Do you think there is life here. What you call paid employment is nothing short of slavery compared to this foreign country. A newly employed banker in the U.S receive nothing less than 3 million naira equivalent per month. The most important thing is to get the right document that could grant you a legitimate working right.

you sound very ignorant..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:38am On Sep 22, 2018
socialmediaman:
@donsiqua thank you for sharing your story. Before you get a balanced advise, it would require more information. You started well by stating that the job pays 200k. My questions are:

1. What’s your profession? I mean what’s your expertise? Electrical engineer? Software programmer? Etc.
2. What country abroad? Ghana, Dubai, UK, US, Spain? Abroad pass abroad you know
3. What is the title of the job abroad? Dishwasher, Customer support, Elementary Teacher, Level 2 Electrical Engineer? Just examples
4. How much is the job abroad?
5. Are you single?
6. What’s your motivation for planning to travel abroad? Do you want to migrate permanently eventually? I ask because you mentioned you’re the only son.

Finally, you mentioned something about making money to start your own business. This is a good thought, however, note that you’ll hardly make enough money to start your own business and nurture it especially when you have rent and bills to pay and family to support, if that’s your only major motivation for going abroad, think again. Usually people save for many years (at least 10 years or more) before quitting their jobs to start a business from their savings especially if you still lived with your parents or didn’t start your own family immediately.

On a side note, there are benefits of living and working abroad (depending on the abroad is) including getting access to better healthcare, infrastructure, higher education and better standard of living.

Answers to these questions would've helped that dude!

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by monstah(m): 10:39am On Sep 22, 2018
Gallantchrist:
Sir I understand your grief

Some decisions are very hard to make as you consider both the nagative and positive side of the decision

Well let's look into what you just said
You have a very good job and you are doing well in it, a very good apartment which is perfect
Everyone would like to have the same too

But going outside the country would be a very good action and an advice able one because everyone would tell you to they want to leave this country (Nigeria)...well I laugh at they sometimes and always say this to my self "shey na when you taste two soup you go know the one way sweet pass" if they leave this country without adequate planning of thier staying in thier new country like considering the following
1:what will I be doing there?
2:who do I know there
3:Is the county safe for migrants??
4:what If I go there and things didn't work out as planed what would be my next plan
5:what are the unusual happenings In the country( of cause every country have strange happenings)
6: isn't my country better than that country and if the country is better than my on what stand is that

All these are what I advice the people to consider before leaving the country

Well if you are sure of your wellbeing in the country and all those mentioned considerings are good to you, you can move on

And for your parents they are just scared with time they will get used to it

Am a student who just finished my secondary school this year (2018) and am the only child of my parents and am planning on setting my self up with something before entering into the university

And one quote that keeps me going is something I lernt from Jenifer dairy which is "the law of attraction" if you think positivity you will have positive things coming your way"

Wish you good luck sir

You're pretty sharp for a secondary school student. thumbs up!

6 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by uuzba(m): 10:39am On Sep 22, 2018
Icon4s:
Firstly, a bread in hand they say is worth more than 10 in the bushes.

You have a job of 200k+ and u are also at the verge of establishing your own company here. You want to leave all these because you saw ''a sure link'' to an imaginary job? If it US or UK I am not even sure they can given u visa because of that so called '''sure link''.

My brother there are no sure links to jobs anywhere in the world.

I have heard so many similar stories as the one you just painted. At the and of the day it will turn out to be linked to scammers who would want to defraud you of your fee visa.

Besides you think the pasture in another man's compound until you visit for yoiurself.

Shine your eyes bro.

A bird in hand is worth more than two in the Bush.
Meaning:
You want to catch birds flying. You are already have one in your hand. You think you might get more birds if you enter the bush and fire your gun/catapult. This bird you have now, is better for you to kill and eat than to waste your time pursuing birds inside the bush. You may not get any and someone else may collect your bird when you enter the bush.

BIRD.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by neoG(f): 10:42am On Sep 22, 2018
1.Why don't you commit this into God's hand first?
He has a way of taking you out from evil if u involve him.

2. Like someone mentioned above please if that country is not US, Australia, France or Canada, think twice ooo

3. I would advise that if the job abroad can wait till exactly next year September by this time, then I support your plans of settling up your own company by mid next year. Start running your business by then and put proper system and structure in place that they can do without you even if you are not around

4. Resign from your current job a month before you travel next year like let's say August in other to put things in other.

5. Get into a serious relationship from this moment or if you are into one already, please make it serious and shine your eyes cos you need to settle down before you travel next year?
Marriage will play a very vital role, in your plans of working abroad, if you marry the right woman.
First she will be your eye here in Nigeria for company. While receiving instructions from you while away. Cos is believed u must have trained her before traveling out.
Secondly, she will be your knees while you outside Nigeria. Standing fervently for you in the place of prayer so you will not miss it in another man's land.
Thirdly, she will be your manager. Managing your resources well here so that u have alot of investment you guys will fall back on
Also should have a child also etc

Don't know if I made a point sha. U could pick one or two things from here.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by justtoodark: 10:42am On Sep 22, 2018
look at this wan.....who cares.....??
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by dearie(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2018
Well...As good as your situation is now...you need to consider a lot more things.

The rate of promotion and salary increase on your current job.
Job security of the current job.
You are making a good move on starting your personal company but be sure of the conflict of interest with your current job.
The immigration rules over there (abroad)

The truth is with the inflation and the rate of devaluation of our naira...The 200k will amount to nothing in a few years. So you must be sure of augmenting it.

It's not always fair abroad too...but you need to look at the whole picture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Dele Taiwo, Magistrate In Ondo State (Photos) / Angry UBA Customer Grills Bank Staff Over Fraudulent Transactions In His Account / Physically Challenged Man Controls Traffic In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.