Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,693 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? (33166 Views)

Should I Leave My Current Company / Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue / Career Options: Should I Leave My Teaching Job To Be A Driver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Iambond(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2018
You're not alone brother. my friend is stuck between leaving the country to study and taking a 1 year internship job with a bank here (less than 30k monthly).

I can feel your distress.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:
I Need Serious Advice On The Path To Tow

I am currently confused right now on what to do. I need advice.

I got this job that pays 200k+ a month plus a decent accommodation. Iam very good at my job and I have been planning on opening my own. As a matter of fact I have planned to start buying the equipments needed for the company by October. Although if everything goes as planned the company would begin operation by middle of next year. I also have the intention of combining my job and running the company(it's no big deal). However I ran into this sure link of getting a very high paid job abroad. The link is legit and very sure, all I have to do is accept and I will leave ASAP but my problem here is that my parents wokldolet me step out of the country cause I'm their only son. I needed the abroad job as it would boost my income and enable me achieve what I had planned. If I should follow my initial plan the company would run on a small scale. However, with the fund from the away job I could get enough money to go into full business.

Iam thinking of defying them and go ahead with the abroad plan. But one mind is telling me to hold onto my initial plan.

Please what do I do?

Ps I have already been offered the job abroad all I have to do is to accept it. And I don't have much time left.

I need sincere inputs
Negative comments are welcomed too

Family.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Gallantchrist(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2018
monstah:

You're pretty sharp for a secondary school student. thumbs up!

Thanks alot
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by kennsville(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2018
when you guys hear good pay abroAD, YOU GUYS DONT UNDRSTAND. I LIVE ON AUSTRALIA AND I MAKE EASY SIX DIGITS HERE LIKEWISE MOOST PEOPLE I KNOW. abroad money and naija money are two different thigs. 200k should be like 3 days job mind you.
i advice he travel abroad but before that he should make sure its not scam.
R2bees:
200K and a decent Accommodation is great wonder why u still want to travel outside.. Family First

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Iam 100% sure. I have my friends working there already

Bro send me the link make I apply too. grin
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by akiOYIBO: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2018
I would only allow u to go if ur initial plan of owing a business still stands. There is nothing more important than that however, the prospect of earning more in abroad is acceptable as long its genuine
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by daudaolaleke(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2018
Huuunnnnn, some have heads no cap,some caps no head....

My brother, it is not that easy abroad as we paint it.

You are young with focus and brilliant ideas.

Who told you that you can not become one of our young entrepreneur? An employer? Your employer had dream like you have now but did not lose focus!

If am opportune to be in ur position i will become multi millionaire.

But if your job here has no job security,pls leave.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by uuzba(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2018
Seamareggae:

Can you expansiate.... You've lived there for 11 years nd you're complaining... Nd you didn't relocate to Nigeria... ���

Shame is worrying him. His salary is not enough. He has wasted his time. And cannot show anything for it. There are many like that overseas.
Their only power is:
1 to show fine picture on Facebook - that will make you shutup
2. Make international call on their phone
3. Speak English with foreign accent.
-
No money, no House, no wife. Nothing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Bistech(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2018
Brother.... Looking very well before you jump. My first question is... which country are you going to? I shall act on your advice.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Eponbubu: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2018
Gallantchrist:
Sir I understand your grief

Some decisions are very hard to make as you consider both the nagative and positive side of the decision

Well let's look into what you just said
You have a very good job and you are doing well in it, a very good apartment which is perfect
Everyone would like to have the same too

But going outside the country would be a very good action and an advice able one because everyone would tell you to they want to leave this country (Nigeria)...well I laugh at they sometimes and always say this to my self "shey na when you taste two soup you go know the one way sweet pass" if they leave this country without adequate planning of thier staying in thier new country like considering the following
1:what will I be doing there?
2:who do I know there
3:Is the county safe for migrants??
4:what If I go there and things didn't work out as planed what would be my next plan
5:what are the unusual happenings In the country( of cause every country have strange happenings)
6: isn't my country better than that country and if the country is better than my on what stand is that

All these are what I advice the people to consider before leaving the country

Well if you are sure of your wellbeing in the country and all those mentioned considerings are good to you, you can move on

And for your parents they are just scared with time they will get used to it

Am a student who just finished my secondary school this year (2018) and am the only child of my parents and am planning on setting my self up with something before entering into the university

And one quote that keeps me going is something I lernt from Jenifer dairy which is "the law of attraction" if you think positivity you will have positive things coming your way"

Wish you good luck sir

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by bobkezel(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2018
I smell Dubai jobs.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2018
kennsville:
when you guys hear good pay abroAD, YOU GUYS DONT UNDRSTAND. I LIVE ON AUSTRALIA AND I MAKE EASY SIX DIGITS HERE LIKEWISE MOOST PEOPLE I KNOW. abroad money and naija money are two different thigs. 200k should be like 3 days job mind you.

Bro can you also help me with the link you used. Biko
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by chloride6: 10:48am On Sep 22, 2018
Iambond:
You're not alone brother. I'm stuck between leaving the country to study and taking a 1 year internship job with a bank here (less than 30k monthly).

I can feel your distress.

You are not stuck, you are just ma.d grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by donsiqua(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2018
socialmediaman:
@donsiqua thank you for sharing your story. Before you get a balanced advise, it would require more information. You started well by stating that the job pays 200k. My questions are:

1. What’s your profession? I mean what’s your expertise? Electrical engineer? Software programmer? Etc.
2. What country abroad? Ghana, Dubai, UK, US, Spain? Abroad pass abroad you know
3. What is the title of the job abroad? Dishwasher, Customer support, Elementary Teacher, Level 2 Electrical Engineer? Just examples
4. How much is the job abroad?
5. Are you single?
6. What’s your motivation for planning to travel abroad? Do you want to migrate permanently eventually? I ask because you mentioned you’re the only son.

Finally, you mentioned something about making money to start your own business. This is a good thought, however, note that you’ll hardly make enough money to start your own business and nurture it especially when you have rent and bills to pay and family to support, if that’s your only major motivation for going abroad, think again. Usually people save for many years (at least 10 years or more) before quitting their jobs to start a business from their savings especially if you still lived with your parents or didn’t start your own family immediately.

On a side note, there are benefits of living and working abroad (depending on the abroad is) including getting access to better healthcare, infrastructure, higher education and better standard of living.

Iam a professional, I work in the medical field. The country is U.K. and the job pays at least 10x my current salary plus benefits.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Icon4s(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2018
uuzba:

A bird in hand is worth more than two in the Bush.
Meaning:
You want to catch birds flying. You are already have one in your hand. You think you might get more birds if you enter the bush and fire your gun/catapult. This bird you have now, is better for you to kill and eat than to waste your time pursuing birds inside the bush. You may not get any and someone else may collect your bird when you enter the bush.

BIRD.

Exactly. And what the op is trying to say is that some one has given him an assurance he coach those birds flying in the bush. But he first has to drop the one he has first and then chase after those in the bush.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by AreaFada2: 10:53am On Sep 22, 2018
Olami0394:
Please don’t try it !!!!! Most of them you see over there are living a fake life , you’re better than most them financially trust me

Wow! What a baseless generalisation. Have you been to every country and every home of each person or even 51% (assuming minimum number of most is 51%) who live abroad?

You could have offered a sound advice instead of disparaging others based on perhaps just a few people you know.

Did you ask which country he's going to? Which job abroad? Income/salary? Cost of living? Conditions including residence permit and duration? Future prospects there? Cultural/adjustment aspect? These and similar stuff are things I'd expect an enlightened and objective person to ask.

There are people who move from Ondo,Yobe, Delta, Rivers, Kano, Edo, Benue, Kaduna, Kwara, Imo and others places to Lagos to live in a friend's Face-Me-I-face-You room in Mushin, Bariga or Igando but tell his people back in his village that he lives in a mansion in Lagos with several cars. It does not only happen in Nollywood, but also in real life. If people want to "form", they can be anywhere and form. It's a matter of individual ego.

With living abroad it goes like this: tell people you're struggling and most in Nigeria would not believe. Most of those who believe will relish ridiculing you for "not making it", whatever that means in their mind. Tell them you're doing well and they misinterpret what that means in reality. Many feel you now swim in money and may just casually ask you for $5,000 thinking that's little money to you now.

Take it from someone who has seen it over a couple of decades.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by adetes: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2018
U should v settle down here in Naija, because u r still coming back in the future, then it might too late

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by steefi07: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2018
If the abroad job is real go for it and thank me later
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Ihatelove(f): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Iam a professional, I work in the medical field. The country is U.K. and the job pays at least 10x my current salary plus benefits.
You should grab this opportunity only if the appointment is confirmed,your parents will eventually get over you leaving

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2018
pelicanbeau:
It is better for you with 200k and good free accommodation plus having your own business coming up later...forget traveling into a foreign man's land where you don't know what to meet up with but settle down here first with your family, have a very good savings and invest so much for stream of incomes and you will have a very good life to retire on and you can have your holidays abroad...
Happy birthday dear! I wish you long life and prosperity.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Iambond(m): 10:57am On Sep 22, 2018
chloride6:

You are not stuck, you are just ma.d grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by zone51: 10:58am On Sep 22, 2018
xtophy1:
When some ppl dont even have a job of their own, somebody is having two... i swear this life is not fair...

please, today is Saturday, my ppl in d University of betting, particularly in the faculty of bet9ja... I have a missing script and my supervisor said i must pay for him to check my script 4 me. Help me with anything to have.. my matric number is 5557511...Just help a course mate pls

You are madt aswear
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by grandstar(m): 10:59am On Sep 22, 2018
kennsville:

Hi,
Is Australia a nice place to set up a business?
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by PaxfulCrimeBust: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2018
You may never start ur own company again..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Reeses: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2018
[quote author=Seamareggae post=71419041]
Can you expansiate.... You've lived there for 11 years nd you're complaining... Nd you didn't relocate to Nigeria... ���[/quote
I would love to if i find a good paying job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by PaxfulCrimeBust: 11:00am On Sep 22, 2018
You may never start ur own company again...if u travel out
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by babsthegreat: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2018
Don't try it
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Dshocker(m): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

I got this job that pays 200k+ a month plus a decent accommodation. Iam very good at my job and I have been planning on opening my own. As a matter of fact I have planned to start buying the equipments needed for the company by October. Although if everything goes as planned the company would begin operation by middle of next year. I also have the intention of combining my job and running the company(it's no big deal). However I ran into this sure link of getting a very high paid job abroad. The link is legit and very sure, all I have to do is accept and I will leave ASAP but my problem here is that my parents wokldolet me step out of the country cause I'm their only son. I needed the abroad job as it would boost my income and enable me achieve what I had planned. If I should follow my initial plan the company would run on a small scale. However, with the fund from the away job I could get enough money to go into full business.

Iam thinking of defying them and go ahead with the abroad plan. But one mind is telling me to hold onto my initial plan.

Please what do I do?

Ps I have already been offered the job abroad all I have to do is to accept it. And I don't have much time left.

I need sincere inputs

Not advisable...Nobody prays for bad situation.You might leave the country and not get the job you expect over there & A bird at hand is better than two birds in the Bush,please don't ignore your parents warning.

And besides,you are planning to set up an extra income for yourself.

Please what business are you planning on setting up?....i might be interested.
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by parpylo(m): 11:05am On Sep 22, 2018
pelicanbeau:
It is better for you with 200k and good free accommodation plus having your own business coming up later...forget traveling into a foreign man's land where you don't know what to meet up with but settle down here first with your family, have a very good savings and invest so much for stream of incomes and you will have a very good life to retire on and you can have your holidays abroad...

Happy birthday
Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by grandstar(m): 11:05am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

I would advise take the U.K job, work there for 5years, send good money to folks, save a lot of your cash and use it to set up in Nigeria.

If you saved £1,000 a month and send £300 to your folks, you would save £60,000 in 5 years.

You can set up your lab in a big way here in Nigeria..

UK is a sure link

4 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Rindo69: 11:08am On Sep 22, 2018
Don't sell yourself into slavery!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? by Raalsalghul: 11:10am On Sep 22, 2018
donsiqua:

Please what do I do?

I need sincere inputs

Bro keep saving and after sometime invest in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Sells Pure Water In A Corporate Wear In Abuja (Photos) / How To Be Young And Successful - Nigerian Career / Meet Dele Taiwo, Magistrate In Ondo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.