Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Oyetola : Christains Will Be Fully Involved In My Govt, I Have No Preference For - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyetola : Christains Will Be Fully Involved In My Govt, I Have No Preference For (1094 Views)

Tinubu’s Govt: I Won’t Accept To Serve As FCT Minister – El-rufai / Many Yoruba Christains Will Vote Obi / Okorocha: I Have Suffered Injustice From Govt I Helped Into Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyetola : Christains Will Be Fully Involved In My Govt, I Have No Preference For by dareal199(m): 5:00am On Sep 22, 2018
The APC gubernatorial candidate in the guber poll coming up in Osun state Chief Gboyega Oyetola has distance himself from a viral message spreading on social media that he hate christainity or any other religion in the state, he said the message is a falsehood and a concocted conjectures by children of perdition in order to make the Christan faithfuls hate him and sway votes to his opponents.

The former Chief of staff in Osun made this known while reacting to a viral message on social media by a Muslim group which was campaigning for him on the basis of his religion with the message calling on Islamic faithfuls to vote enmasse for Oyetola on the basis that he's a Muslim and would give preference to Islam over other religion and cited some baeeless instances to backup there claim but the APC flagbearer has disassociate himself from such distateful conjectures and affirm himself as a peace ambassador and a detribalised Nigerian who don't give preference to one religion over one another.

He equally enjoyed the citizens of Osun to go out and vote peacefully on the day of election.

In the same vein, one of the characters mentioned by the faceless group in there distateful conjectures was the former CMD of LAUCTECH, Prof Olaitan, who was accused of nepotic appointment to his fellow religious adherents(Christainity) while in office has come to debunk all what was said about him, he said the group were economical with the truth and were intentionally twisting facts to suit there purpose.

Prof Olaitan said, "My attention has been drawn to a message going round purportedly emanating form a Muslim group claiming that a particular party is for Muslims and has been appointing Muslims instead of Christians. My name was mentioned in the write up as being skeemed out of a position. Let me say here that I was not the only one who was interested in the position. About five of us were. The governor was at the liberty to chose whosoever he wished and I have worked so hard to keep the system going, because I know only one person can occupy the position at a time and God is the one that directs the affairs of men."

He continued, "I got another write up stating that RCCG directed people to vote for a particular candidate and my name again came up in the write up. This is also not true. Our father in the lord, the general overseer of the RCCG, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, has directed all his children to get their voter's cards and vote for any candidate of their choice. At no time has the church directed that a particular candidate should be voted for by our members."

"I send this to put the records straight and dissociate myself from such write ups" he concluded.
https://thecorrespondence.net/osun-2018-christains-will-be-fully-involved-in-my-govt-i-have-no-preference-for-a-religion-oyetola/
Re: Oyetola : Christains Will Be Fully Involved In My Govt, I Have No Preference For by Nobody: 5:12am On Sep 22, 2018
You never win you don't dae spread rumors of sidelining Christians. Its all good.
Me: Whats your religion?
You: Yoruba Muslim.
Me: Okay, Gtfoh
Re: Oyetola : Christains Will Be Fully Involved In My Govt, I Have No Preference For by expensivediamon(m): 5:39am On Sep 22, 2018
#thechurchmustfeedcandidate

Re: Oyetola : Christains Will Be Fully Involved In My Govt, I Have No Preference For by kettykin: 7:45am On Sep 22, 2018
All Yoruba states will be ruled by muslims in 2019 ,
Re: Oyetola : Christains Will Be Fully Involved In My Govt, I Have No Preference For by kinglato(m): 8:55am On Sep 22, 2018
Election or No Election, APC don Win........ To much instruments.
Re: Oyetola : Christains Will Be Fully Involved In My Govt, I Have No Preference For by adelee777: 9:12am On Sep 22, 2018
When did Yorubaland sink down to this level? When did this Northern stupidity creep into Yorubaland where people are voted into offices based on their religion? Yoruba ronu!!!

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Burial Of Pilot Of Crashed Air Force Jet In Abuja / The emotional moment sobbing boy met VP osinbajo in abuja (Photos) / Imo Governorship Not Family Affair - Oshiomhole Blasts Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.