Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo (15736 Views)

Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock / 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock / Nigeria Overtakes India As Number 1 In World's Poverty Rating - Brookings Instit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by deantimes(m): 7:50am On Sep 22, 2018
hisgrace090:

He will forever regrates his shameful performance.

Oga GEJ performed well than your principal. His investment in Education speaks to that effect. The country was more secured under him than now.

If the north didn't use Boko Haram as a tool to destroy Jonathan's government, he would have won the election.

The freedom of speech you enjoy today is from GEJ if you doubt go and ask Jones Abiri who was recently released by the court after years of staying behind bars without trial for his anti-government publication.

A government that can't accommodate critics is that one a government? If you criticize they call you a thief and unleash their dogs on you.

If you decamp to their party, you're automatically a SAINT. If you doubt ask Orji Kalu and Senator Akpabio.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by vedaxcool(m): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2018
buhariguy:
What kind of report is this?
The op is mischievous.
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist said we should not blame the past, but they are blaming the present.
The poorest people that never touched 2,000 naira before are be paid 5,000 naira every month.
From 112m poor people in 2014 to 87m in 2016 and to 82m in 2017.

QED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by tiredoflife(m): 8:07am On Sep 22, 2018
hisgrace090:
Let's call a spade a spade.

Handing over an empty account to buhari by a govt that sold crude oil at 145 dollars per barrel when crude oil falls down to 28 dollars to me is a great crime by the past administration.

Are u guys not tired
Even an slowpoke they get sense sometimes
When will u have sense angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by adecz: 8:08am On Sep 22, 2018
angry angry
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by gladisa7: 8:10am On Sep 22, 2018
Semi imbeciltee!
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by overall90: 8:12am On Sep 22, 2018
hisgrace090:

Handing over an empty account to buhari by a govt that sold crude oil at 145 dollars per barrel when crude oil falls down to 28 dollars to me is a great crime by the past administration.

Mr,Jonathan did not leave empty treasury.this issue have been debated over and over again and facts presented but you guys continue to latch unto APC lies and propaganda.Even the person saying that GEJ has not said anything is not correct.People like Reno have clarified this issue time without number.there was money in the federation account,ECA,remittances that were pending in NNPC.it is from these monies that bail out funds were disbursed.
the foreign reserves they are using to deceive you guys are not government servings but as the name implies are dollar reserves with the CBN which enables the country to carry out her international trade.
during the last government,Nigerians were wealthier and as result,a lot of international import and export activities were going on,a lot of families have their children schooling outside the country,so I don't how they expect the reserves to be high.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by hisgrace090: 8:19am On Sep 22, 2018
tiredoflife:

Are u guys not tired
Even an slowpoke they get sense sometimes
When will u have sense angry

Your type of sense that land Nigeria into the ditch ehh?
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by contigiency(m): 8:21am On Sep 22, 2018
My own is that I have never seen this people dishing out all the statistics walk up to me or anybody I know to get their information. So I wonder how they manufacture the numbers they give to the public. I think if anyone wants to determine anybody's standard of living, the researcher will once in a while interact with the people and get relevant information like the person's income level, number of dependent relatives etc.

But in this case, nobody comes to ask questions. Rather, what you read every time is some organizations sitting down somewhere producing different figures on different issues. And I think the time is ripe to start diasgreeing those things.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by NairaMaster1(m): 8:21am On Sep 22, 2018
buhariguy:
The op is mischievous.
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist said we should not blame the past, but they are blaming the present.
The poorest people that never touched 2,000 naira before are be paid 5,000 naira every month.

You lack conscience.

Can 5k last you and your family for 3 days? Can you call yourself rich with that?

Check the WHO definition of poverty and convert 5k to dollar and divide it by a nuclear family.

Why not use that money to revamp the Kaduna textiles and PAN as promised? The poor people will benefit from that rather than buying the 2019 vote with 5k.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by lexy2014: 8:25am On Sep 22, 2018
hisgrace090:

who told u buhari inherited an empty account from Jonathan?
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by DonMekino(m): 8:27am On Sep 22, 2018
Firefire:

Honestly, Buhary is a good man with bad intentions. embarassed
What an oxymoron, a devilish saint grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by NairaMaster1(m): 8:27am On Sep 22, 2018
hisgrace090:

But Jonathan never debunk the claim of living empty treasury for once.

You mean when Buhari took over our foreign reserve was $0?

May be I should look for your version of dictionary to look out the meaning of "empty treasury"

You can Google Nigeria foreign reserve as at may 2015 to clear your doubt. You will be guided on what was left for the propaganda experts.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJ7Fgw76Vb5PIAukhx.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTEyZGE3aW81BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjU2MjlfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1537630129/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fthestreetjournal.org%2f2015%2f05%2fnigerias-foreign-reserves-now-29-6bn-says-cbn%2f/RK=2/RS=ckQiZLIZoHU7Z0YVT4m24iZ9HzQ-
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by amazon14: 8:30am On Sep 22, 2018
I knew it. He must blame past administration.

Keyamo, Kanyemo or whatever is his name is an idiot
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Indigenous(f): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2018
All hail Nizooria,the headquarters of poverty, useless and senseless people in the whole wide world
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by lexy2014: 8:33am On Sep 22, 2018
Firefire:

Honestly, Buhary is a good man with bad intentions. embarassed
how can someone have bad intentions and b good at d same time? Can mango tree produce orange?
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by NairaMaster1(m): 8:34am On Sep 22, 2018
amazon14:
I knew it. He must blame past administration.

Keyamo, Kanyemo or whatever is his name is an idiot

He even forgot Buhari is part of the past leaders.

Buhari has reset his supposedly sharp brain to a dullard.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by tete7000(m): 8:35am On Sep 22, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Oil was actually sold at $130 per barrel during the last administration and it dropped to $25 per barrel when buhari came in due to erratic oils supply worldwide.

When the past government could not do anything tangible when oil.prices were $130 pb they are noe hounding buhari to perform magic with oil prices at $25 when he came despite them still being unable to save when the price was high and left him with debt burdens and a severely depleted foreign reserve and also leaving him with 30 bankrupted States who were no longer able to pay salaries.

Now PMB earns far less on oil yet has never borrowed to pay salaries unlike the past administration and has largely paid off most of the debt the other administration left for him even with less.

Imagine GEJ making as much as $398b from crude yet with nothing to show for it and pmb making $94b from crude yet has outperformed GEJ fair and square in all areas.

Only Igbos seem to think otherwise because they are yet to recover from 2015

You people have a demented way of analysing issues. Stop quoting that senseless oil was sold for $130/barrel during Jonathan regime as if that was the flat price during his entire regime. Give us the average oil price during Jonathan years and place it side by side the average in the last 3years of Buhari and we can then start this discussion. You people have spoken too much lies for comfort. I say again, let's deal with average and not some absolute figure during a specific time of Jonathan or Buhari regime.
That is how educated minds analyse issues.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by micflo28(m): 8:36am On Sep 22, 2018
Is it magic that immediately Buhari took over power, Nigerians poverty index increased drastically?. This SAN should ask himself some personal questions
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by trillville(m): 8:36am On Sep 22, 2018
contigiency:
My own is that I have never seen this people dishing out all the statistics walk up to me or anybody I know to get their information. So I wonder how they manufacture the numbers they give to the public. I think if anyone wants to determine anybody's standard of living, the researcher will once in a while interact with the people and get relevant information like the person's income level, number of dependent relatives etc.

But in this case, nobody comes to ask questions. Rather, what you read every time is some organizations sitting down somewhere producing different figures on different issues. And I think the time is ripe to start diasgreeing those things.

Do you know about the Bill and Melinda gates foundation? They do not just do charity work in poor countries, they also take data and compare such countries. If you read the actual report by the brooks institute, you will see they mentioned the foundation in the article.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by fof1: 8:36am On Sep 22, 2018
deantimes:

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/nigeria-poverty-headquarters-keyamo/

FESTUS KEYEMO SHOULD SHUT HIS MOUTH AND STOP ALL D BRAGING because, HE HAS BEEN GIVEN D PRIVILEGE TO BE IN D PUBLIC GLARE. HE IS RIDING ON FALSE TRUST AND FAME. APC IS FLAME BURNT OUT & PROPAGANDA OUTFIT.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by AllahSWT: 8:37am On Sep 22, 2018
thunder scatter keyamo
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by KENFERDYOORI(m): 8:37am On Sep 22, 2018
Gone were the days when this man was objective and fearless in matters of justice. Hearing this from Keyamo, I never expected less. It's one thing to have a law in your hands and yet another to bend it towards justice.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by trillville(m): 8:39am On Sep 22, 2018
Comparing Jonathan to Buhari is like comparing two students that scored 10 percent and 13 percent in an examination.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by lexy2014: 8:39am On Sep 22, 2018
buhariguy:
The op is mischievous.

Were are u always getting all these ur figures from? U keep making claims u can't defend. u just making things up. Pls provide d source of ur figures
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by dokyOloye: 8:41am On Sep 22, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Someone above me said that Buhari Is A Decorated Fool.

Chai! E touch my soul shocked embarassed cry
I swear to God.
The thing hit me like electric shock grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by FrankTalk1: 8:44am On Sep 22, 2018
Hmmmm. I weep for my dear country.

The earlier you started looking for ways to help yourself instead of depending on the government, by getting into a business of your own , the better for you.

Meanwhile, see 35 MOST PROFITABLE BUSINESSES YOU CAN START IN NIGERIA WITH HIGH DEMAND.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by SureBETarena: 8:44am On Sep 22, 2018
hisgrace090:

But Jonathan never debunk the claim of living empty treasury for once.
Do some research before commenting, it will do you a whole lots of good.
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Butterflyleo: 8:45am On Sep 22, 2018
tete7000:

You people have a demented way of analysing issues. Stop quoting that senseless oil was sold for $130/barrel during Jonathan regime as if that was the flat price during his entire regime. Give us the average oil price during Jonathan years and place it side by side the average in the last 3years of Buhari and we can then start this discussion. You people have spoken too much lies for comfort. I say again, let's deal with average and not some absolute figure during a specific time of Jonathan or Buhari regime.
That is how educated minds analyse issues.

You have an obvious rètarded way of reasoning.

OPEC released the entire oil revenue under GEJ and it was $398b while the one under PMB for about 3 years was $94b and you are still asking for price comparison and duration.

You get sense at all?
Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Edoblakky(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Which silence is the best answer when the records are in the public domain cheesy

Let him try and deny it and be disgraced.

He knows he totally wrecked our foreign reserve from almost $60b obasanjo left for him to $27b in just 4 years.

GEJ is a thief
OBJ left in 2007 and GEJ left in 2015. How that became 4 years by your estimation boggles my mind.
I do not defend anyone but I know for sure that the current handlers of Nigeria are completely inept and bereft of economic ideas to move the country forward hence, they resort to blaming the past administration. I thought the last administration was kicked out because things were bad. The present administration was voted in to right the wrongs of the past but they seem stuck to the past. This is the way I expect progress minded Nigerians to reason and not to hail failed leaders. The past leaders failed us and the present leaders have also failed us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 22, 2018
I was only waiting for the part where he'd put the blame squarely on past administrations and bam! I wasn't disappointed. So 3 years isn't enough to even improve the indices, rather it got worse on your watch. You guys are just an excuse for a government. Swerve biko.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo by SoNature(m): 8:49am On Sep 22, 2018
buhariguy:
The op is mischievous.

You and your Buhari are jokers

Someone who earns 5k per month is still poor

According to UN standard, someone isn't poor when they earn higher than $1 a day.

But by Buhari's payment of 5k, it means 5000/30 = N166.67

N360, which is the naira equivalent to US$1, is more than double what Buhari pays

So, by paying 5k every month, Buhari is recycling poverty

If you need to take people out of poverty, do it the right way

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA / Election Tribunal Judgement: Peter Obi Reacts To Supreme Court's Ruling / Kwankwaso Never 'Directed' Me Not To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage - Abba Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.