Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

NYSC Replies Adebayo Shittu, Says Political Office Not Replacement For NYSC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYSC Replies Adebayo Shittu, Says Political Office Not Replacement For NYSC (28331 Views)

774,000 Special Jobs: Keyamo’s Office Not Known To Law — Reps / Osinbajo’s Office Not Sidelined – Presidency / Adebayo Shittu Busted For Skipping NYSC, Risks Jail Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Replies Adebayo Shittu, Says Political Office Not Replacement For NYSC by KenModi(m): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2018
happybrother:
Sincerely this country is beginning to make me sad. How can you exempt or approve a young graduate's one day a week appearance as an NYSC teacher as services to fatherland while a lawyer who moved into the legislature agueing cases to make laws for the good of the land will be accused of not serving fatherland.
This law is lopesided. Supreme Court will surely overturn this law when the case apperas there.

I think the NYSC shld even b scrapped completely.

Wasted a whole a year of my life teaching students who preferred to be in the market selling goods or in the farm than being in the classroom angry
Re: NYSC Replies Adebayo Shittu, Says Political Office Not Replacement For NYSC by ayobamiakinrind(m): 12:36am On Sep 24, 2018
BluntBoy:
This matter is simple. The man has served his country and that should cover up for NYSC.

If servicemen can be exempted, why not political appointees? Shey service no be service? After all, NYSC service and political service are both services to Nigeria.

I think you're right, they both earn #19,800.
Re: NYSC Replies Adebayo Shittu, Says Political Office Not Replacement For NYSC by BluntBoy(m): 7:20am On Sep 24, 2018
ayobamiakinrind:

I think you're right, they both earn #19,800.

service is the keyword here, not renumeration

Civil servants and ministers are both serving Nigeria. Their salaries are totally different but it doesn't affect the fact that they are both in the service of their country.
Re: NYSC Replies Adebayo Shittu, Says Political Office Not Replacement For NYSC by masseratti: 7:51am On Sep 24, 2018
KenModi:

To be elected to office (such as the Presidency) SSCE is enough but to be appointed a minister, you must have graduated for a tertiary insitutuion and completed the NYSC program or hold an excemption certificate.

My earlier notion keeps getting confirmed more by the day, Nigeria as an entity doesnt make any sense except to the political elites because it gives them an opportunity to keep enriching themselves.

Even the amalgamation of Nigeria only made sense according to the British cos it was profitable to their colonization business; how can a fura da nunu drinking Hausa man in the desert and a fufu eating Igbo man in the rain forest region be brothers; there is no closeness or similarity in culture or religion. Infact the Hausa as closer in culture and religion to Niger, Chad and even Mali. And you wonder why Buhari speaks about the Chad Basin with so much gusto.

When I ask the “one Nigeria” chanters to explain how Nigerians are one, all they do is mumble words that make no sense.
to be a minister its not a must you have to be a graduate or posses nysc cert, but if you graduated before age of 30 it's a must for you to posses Nysc certificate.
Re: NYSC Replies Adebayo Shittu, Says Political Office Not Replacement For NYSC by blackmantis: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2018
Can anybody tell me why the NPF has not yet invited the minister for questioning over failure to partake in the NYSC?

If he belonged to PDP what would have been the response

Fake INTEGRITY......
Re: NYSC Replies Adebayo Shittu, Says Political Office Not Replacement For NYSC by KenModi(m): 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2018
masseratti:
to be a minister its not a must you have to be a graduate or posses nysc cert, but if you graduated before age of 30 it's a must for you to posses Nysc certificate.

True but I ask why chase a degree with its own wahala along with that of NYSC when I can get that same position/office/appointment with an ordinary SSCE??

This part of the law has a loophole that would be exploited by politicians over and over again and the commander in chief has already shown the way. angry

Show ur certificate, oga went to higher more than 10 SANs to represent him in court. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Travels To US After DSS Detention? / Emefiele Has Weaponised The CBN - Femi Fani-Kayode / Jonathan Doesn’t Have Money — Alamieyeseigha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.