Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

My First Broiler Experience - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My First Broiler Experience (2866 Views)

Arbor Acre Plus (best Broiler Breed Suitable For Nigeria) / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks / Broiler Farmers Let's Come Together And Achieve Our Goal This December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2018
Good day folks, I would love for everyone to join me as I embark on this epic farm journey... Though it's my first time, I intend to stock a hundred birds as Christmas is my first target.... I will be posting details of my day to day progress and pictures on this trend... Please advice and critics are highly needed on this trend to put me in the right direction incase I am doing it wrong.... Pictures of my ongoing pen house constructions are below..... 13 by 10ft... Stocking at 1 bird per 1.3 sq ft...
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2018
More to come

Re: My First Broiler Experience by Mizwisdom(f): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2018
Following....
Re: My First Broiler Experience by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 23, 2018
agslow:
Good day folks, I would love for everyone to join me as I embark on this epic farm journey... Though it's my first time, I intend to stock a hundred birds as Christmas is my first target.... I will be posting details of my day to day progress and pictures on this trend... Please advice and critics are highly needed on this trend to put me in the right direction incase I am doing it wrong.... Pictures of my ongoing pen house constructions are below..... 13 by 10ft... Stocking at 1 bird per 1.3 sq ft...
That density will not be sustainable
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2018
how do you mean sir... Please enlighten me
EMMAACHILE:

That density will not be sustainable
Re: My First Broiler Experience by LordKingsley: 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
I think the space available is very small for one hundred birds. To a large extent, space affects the performance of poultry.
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2018
LordKingsley:
I think the space available is very small for one hundred birds. To a large extent, space affects the performance of poultry.
That pen house ia 13ft by 10ft.. That is stocking at 1 bird per 1.3 sq ft or 9 birds per sq metres which is not up to the recommended spacing pwr bird which is 10 to 12 birds per sq metres or 1 bird per 1.1 sq ft....
Re: My First Broiler Experience by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
agslow:

That pen house ia 13ft by 10ft.. That is stocking at 1 bird per 1.3 sq ft or 9 birds per sq metres which is not up to the recommended spacing pwr bird which is 10 to 12 birds per sq metres or 1 bird per 1.1 sq ft....
Recommendation for the tropics especially is 1 bird per 3 square feet.
Your 130/sq feet will give 130/3= 43 birds optimally or 50 birds maximum.
Re: My First Broiler Experience by Chikach: 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2018
Following

1 Like

Re: My First Broiler Experience by pricelesshoney(f): 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Please sir this calculation, is it from day old or when they are grown?
Re: My First Broiler Experience by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2018
pricelesshoney:

Please sir this calculation, is it from day old or when they are grown?
Grown
Re: My First Broiler Experience by pricelesshoney(f): 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Grown
Okay thanks
Re: My First Broiler Experience by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2018
agslow:
More to come
That structure looks larger than 13 feet. Can you take the size again?
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 7:35am On Sep 28, 2018
It's 13 by 10 ft sir[
EMMAACHILE:

That structure looks larger than 13 feet. Can you take the size again?
Re: My First Broiler Experience by pdozie: 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2018
Why not start with 50 for a start? There is always room for expansion
Re: My First Broiler Experience by pdozie: 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Sir based on this, the battery cages being sold and used to rear poultry, do the spaces per chicken get to 3sq ft?
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2018
Actually there are two of us starting with 50 each... Making it a hundred
pdozie:
Why not start with 50 for a start? There is always room for expansion
Re: My First Broiler Experience by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
pdozie:

Sir based on this, the battery cages being sold and used to rear poultry, do the spaces per chicken get to 3sq ft?
Battery cage and liter system are totally different.
Re: My First Broiler Experience by kunleweb: 3:12am On Sep 29, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Battery cage and liter system are totally different.

Can you furnish me with the right spacing system for 1000 birds? I want excess space so they can breathe and roam about easily.
Re: My First Broiler Experience by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 29, 2018
kunleweb:

Can you furnish me with the right spacing system for 1000 birds? I want excess space so they can breathe and roam about easily.
3000 square feet (50*60 or 100*30 or 75*40 feet) but advisable to break into 1500 square capacity each.
Re: My First Broiler Experience by kunleweb: 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

3000 square feet (50*60 or 100*30 or 75*40 feet) but advisable to break into 1500 square capacity each.

Thanks.

Can i have your private contact?
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2018
Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while my data was exhausted... My birds were supposed to come in on Tuesday but could not be delivered because of Independence Day... So they will come in first thing tomorrow morning..
Re: My First Broiler Experience by pricelesshoney(f): 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2018
Pics please, smileydon't mind me I just have a thing for pics cool
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2018
Brooding pen preparation

Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2018
Arrival of birds..... 100 agrited broilers... plus 1 extra per carton that is total of 102 birds and all are still intact....

Re: My First Broiler Experience by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2018
agslow:
Arrival of birds..... 100 agrited broilers... plus 1 extra per carton that is total of 102 birds and all are still intact....
The spacing is too much. Kudos. Expecting to raise some soon.
Agrited Ross 308 or Obj Marshal. I want tall birds abeg.
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
Upon arrival they were given water first containing vitamins for anti stress and antibiotics .....2 kerosene stoves was used as sources of heat..
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2018
Yeah.. Buh the heat produced by the stoves can cover the whole room... Although this room can brood 200 or more, we are using it because it based on availability... If a smaller room was available it would have been used instead... Thanks for the observation though
EMMAACHILE:

The spacing is too much. Kudos. Expecting to raise some soon.
Agrited Ross 308 or Obj Marshal. I want tall birds abeg.
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2018
Forgot to post this..... Antibiotics used was gendox... And multivitamins was neobro
Re: My First Broiler Experience by enigmaswagz: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2018
agslow:
Upon arrival they were given water first containing vitamins for anti stress and antibiotics .....2 kerosene stoves was used as sources of heat..

kerosene is expensive, I advise u use charcoal pot, it's better and effective too.. I'm brooding 200 AMO broilers and I was using stoves like u until a friend advised I change to charcoal cuz of cost of kerosene..
Re: My First Broiler Experience by pricelesshoney(f): 7:38pm On Oct 06, 2018
enigmaswagz:

kerosene is expensive, I advise u use charcoal pot, it's better and effective too.. I'm brooding 200 AMO broilers and I was using stoves like u until a friend advised I change to charcoal cuz of cost of kerosene..
I second this poster, I bought half a bag of charcoal at #1000,used an abandoned pot from the bin finish, I didn't even finish it, and the heat can last longer than kerosene, so weighing both charcoal is way way cheaper

1 Like

Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
Of a truth charcoal is way cheaper but I had already bought kerosene that will go through brooding... But I have taken note of that.... Thanks guys

(1) (2) (Reply)

Digital Hanging Scale For Selling Pigs For Sale / My Adventure Into Rice Farming (Photos and videos) / Need Investors For Cocoa Plantation Of 100 Hectares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.