Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US (57604 Views)

Missing Timothy Adegoke Found Dead / Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) / The Indian Teacher Who Raped 11-Year-Old Nigerian Boy In School Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by ofuonyebi: 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2018
why is 50% most of the deaths by shooting always involving Nigerians

In South Africa and other countries it is almost the same...This is sad to hear it always..

May God comfort the parents...& ...RIP to the late young lad!
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by WetinConsignMe: 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2018
bizzibodi:
That is Y I don't like USA a phyco can just gun u down b/c he doesn't like yur pfucking face.just last week a young black man was gun down in his own house by a white sow in police uniform embarassed embarassed embarassed

Not true. Don't go by anecdotes. Just think, ofall the hundreds of thosands of NIGERIANS (I said Nigerians) in the US, how many have u heard died of gunshot.
Don't go by anecdotes.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by WetinConsignMe: 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2018
ofuonyebi:

why is 50% most of the deaths by shooting always involving Nigerians

In South Africa and other countries it is almost the same...This is sad to hear it always..

May God comfort the parents...& ...RIP to the late young lad!

Not so in US.
Of all the hundreds of thosands of NIGERIANS (I said Nigerians) in the US, how many have u heard died of gunshot.
Don't go by anecdotes.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by OyinO: 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2018
ItzBIM:

You were there ??
i was asking a question. three 3 question marks at the end of the sentence produced that emoji. Just as you typed two 2 question marks.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Pointnoire(m): 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2018
Oga that is a lie, "STOP" you lived in US and UK as what nah? its like somebody living in Mafoluku/Shogunle saying that is the final standard of living for Nigeria, there are states in the US with low crime rates and depending on how much you earn every town has areas where violent crime is unheard of or you move to the suburbs, you obviously paraded around ghettos and low-income housing projects and expect some kind of normalcy

coputa:
The problem with you is that living abroad is the highest achievement in life, especially young Nigerians. I have lived and worked in America and the UK for many years and I pissed up with the things I saw(reason I refused to take my family with me). I am not carried away by fantasies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by chimeziedickson: 8:19pm On Sep 22, 2018
So so Sad!....Our prayers is with your family this trying times
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2018
That was how a popular Nairalander, Bawomolo, was also shot dead in Chicago in December 2010.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by coputa(m): 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2018
Pointnoire:
Oga that is a lie, "STOP" you lived in US and UK as what nah? its like somebody living in Mafoluku/Shogunle saying that is the final standard of living for Nigeria, there are states in the US with low crime rates and depending on how much you earn every town has areas where violent crime is unheard of or you move to the suburbs, you obviously paraded around ghettos and low-income housing projects and expect some kind of normalcy

I was on technical transfer there by one of the oil giants,don't think I lived in their ghettos.Nothing is happening there,it is over hyped.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2018
dnawah:
go to America is not bad o!but 4 say them no go he 4 still day alive now.
what with the number of fulani herdsmen,armed robbers,ritualists,kidnappers,boko haramist moving unchallenged upandan in nigeria? Do u know how many nigerians get murdered in nigeria in a day? If no be domestic violence wey go claim life then armed robber must come claim im own. Nigeria na war zone abeg.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by ogtavia(m): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

WRONG. Parts of Brooklyn and Queens are as serene and beautiful as any part of the world. Brooklyn is HUGE.
BROWNSVILLE in Brooklyn is a legendary extremely dangerous ghetto.
Jamaica, Queens, on the other hand is actually quite ok - full of immigrants.
Queens generally is quite ok.

Do you or have you ever lived in Queens?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by lastempero: 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Of all the hundreds of thosands of NIGERIANS (I said Nigerians) in the US, how many have u heard died of gunshot.
Don't go by anecdotes.

Which one is Nigerians,iam talking about human beings that are been killed everyday.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by WetinConsignMe: 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2018
ogtavia:

Do you or have you ever lived in Queens?

Duh. The answer should be obvious
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Benekruku(m): 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2018
His parents choose the wrong place to raise a kid. Queens of all places. Chicago would have given him an extra life at least
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Deltatoto: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2018
Gossipninja:
A 16-year-old boy playing basketball at a Brooklyn park was fatally shot in the head Friday, authorities said.
Timothy Oyebola lived in Jamaica, Queens and attended Brooklyn Ascend HS.

He was likely not the intended target, police said.
He was in the Chester Playground in Brownsville at 4 p.m. when he was gunned down.
“As they were playing, shots were fired into the park. The shots were fired quite a distance away — over 100 feet,” said NYPD Deputy Chief Michael Kemper.

The high-achieving academic teen and his sister came to the US from Lagos in 2013.
“My son was a calm, quiet, obedient child, ” grieving dad David Oyebola told The Post.
“He’s intelligent. He loved sports and basketball. Very ambitious. He’s a boy who had a brighter future. He was constantly going for what he wanted to do in life. He wanted to become a doctor or an engineer.”

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/16-year-old-nigerian-boy-timothy-oyebola-shot-dead-in-the-us/

me I cannot send my kids to USA Nigeria has been safer than the USA lately
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by WetinConsignMe: 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2018
lastempero:

Which one is Nigerians,iam talking about human beings that are been killed everyday.

Don't u read of NIGERIANS being killed and shot in SA all the time? Do u read such about US? What u read is Nigerians as high achievers or doing scams. Getting shot is the last thing on the average US Nigerian mind

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Pointnoire(m): 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2018
Long and short you were never resident in the US and did not have the type of Visa to bring your family to the US or for you to continue staying based on your Visa type, you don't know how the school, housing, and local socio-political affairs are conducted, your response is picky and quite evasive, I have seen people who visit the US for "2 weeks" max acting as authority on US affairs, let it rest Nigeria has a long way to go and if you truly know as much as you claim you wouldn't make such naive statements.

coputa:
I was on technical transfer there by one of the oil giants,don't think I lived in their ghettos.Nothing is happening there,it is over hyped.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by WetinConsignMe: 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2018
coputa:

In reality US is not one country. One person will tell u what he experienced as US, while another will tell u the exact opposite. Yet both are telling their truth.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by ayobaye(m): 8:50pm On Sep 22, 2018
Imagine how these white people are wasting Nigerians over there and those at home are being faced by herdsmen, Flood etc. We are made second rated citizens in other people's land. In our own country you are treated with disdain if you are not tribe inclined as they are. When will all these evil stop in Nigeria so that our children will not be intimidated at home again? May God have mercy on us in this Country o.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by lastempero: 8:51pm On Sep 22, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Don't u read of NIGERIANS being killed and shot in SA all the time? Do u read such about US? What u read is Nigerians as high achievers or doing scams. Getting shot is the last thing on the average US Nigerian mind

This guy I no get ur strength Abeg cold dey here Abeg, u just dey talk like person wey drink alomo this night.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by WetinConsignMe: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2018
Benekruku:
His parents choose the wrong place to raise a kid. Queens of all places. Chicago would have given him an extra life at least

He was killed in a dangerous ghetto called Brownsville. Most of Queens is beautiful and safe including most of Janaica, Queens.

Speaking of Chicago...
Here is Google:

Showing results for chicago murder rate

Chicago's homicide rate had surpassed that of Los Angeles by 2010 (16.02 per 100,000), and was more than twice that of New York City (7.0 per 100,000) in the same year.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by WetinConsignMe: 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2018
ayobaye:
Imagine how these white people are wasting Nigerians over there and those at home are being faced by herdsmen, Flood etc. We are made second rated citizens in other people's land. In our own country you are treated with disdain if you are not tribe inclined as they are. When will all these evil stop in Nigeria so that our children will not be intimidated at home again? May God have mercy on us in this Country o.

Nigerians on US are not second rate citizens at all. Your "class" is determined by your wealth and profession not whether u r Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by WetinConsignMe: 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2018
lastempero:

This guy I no get ur strength Abeg cold dey here Abeg, u just dey talk like person wey drink alomo this night.

Cold dey where? Where are u?
I'm only starting facts. There is a reason Nigeria are dying to go to US. They instinctively know it is safe, just as they know SA is xenophobic
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by UncleJudax(m): 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2018
henrydadon:
To those of you that think moving abroad is the best thing that can happen to you..have you now seen that all glitter are not gold.. even in the almighty US of A you are not safe
Lol. Coming from someone that has no access to basic amenities,,,and at the same time...can be killed anytime, and nobody would investigate.

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by fareed69(m): 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2018
Juliusmalema:
He must be a Cultist....

Even the actions of badoo boys is still fresh in every memory.

You need divine prayers.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2018
Juliusmalema:
He must be a Cultist....

Even the actions of badoo boys is still fresh in every memory.

I wonder what kind of life you live in real life... Every thought that comes out of your mind is full of poo. No offence, just an observation.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2018
Ioannes:

I wonder what kind of life you live in real life... Every thought that comes out of your mind is full of poo. No offence, just an observation.

But in actual u have offended me......what better explanation should I give the situation...

Sometimes I don't like ur reasoning and outright attack on others.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2018
fareed69:

You need divine prayers.

Likewise u
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Amdoyin(m): 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2018
gaby:
Very sad...

Every parents' worst nightmare...having to inter your offspring.

May our children grow old to bury us in our old age and not the reverse...

Rest in Peace young blood...journey well

Amen, in Jesus name
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by smile4davo: 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2018
What an irresponsible thing to say about a grieving family....shut up and if you have nothing useful to say.
dnawah:
go to America is not bad o!but 4 say them no go he 4 still day alive now.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by ogtavia(m): 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2018
WetinConsignMe:

Duh. The answer should be obvious

I admit I was a bit ignorant. I googled queens and it didn't seem to get so much bad PR. The only problem is the fact is that every of its reported crime seems dastardly hence its wide reportage. There are youtube videos showing horrible murders and crimes in certain neighbourhoods in queens. It also has a dangerous reputation for racism, ethnic bigotry and prostitution.
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by afrika(f): 9:26pm On Sep 22, 2018
IF NOT FOR THIS UNCOMFORTABLE GOVERNMENT WIT NO VISION,THIS MAN FOR LEAVE HIM CHILDREN FOR NAIJA O. RIP
Re: Nigerian Boy, Timothy Oyebola Shot Dead In The US by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 22, 2018
Juliusmalema:

But in actual u have offended me......what better explanation should I give the situation...

Sometimes I don't like ur reasoning and outright attack on others.

Ok, I apologize for the attack on you.

But you too, look at what you typed now. An innocent teenager who was playing in the park got hit accidentally by stray bullet and you just concluded that he was a gang member when ordinary RIP would have sufficed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Aleke's Brother Found Dead Inside His Car Trunk In Ebonyi / Youths Kill 41-year-old Man In Imo For Trying To Rape Woman In Her Farm (Graphic / Banker Caught By EFCC Selling New Naira Notes To POS Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.