Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) (2579 Views)

If You're A PC Or PS4 Gamer I Recommend You To Play Brawlhalla / 11 Common Bad Gaming Habits Every Gamer Is Guilty Of / 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by MiracleOparah(m): 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2018
I'm not complaining or anything, i just want to talk.

Q: First, am you a gamer?
Me: Yes undecided I am a gamer in spirit.

Q: Secondly, what's your gaming 'rig'
Me: <insert Odulande funny eye meme>
I game on a potato laptop -Intel Celeron N3050 Cpu @1.60Ghz (don't laugh)
-1 x 8gb of Ram
- 500gb Hdd @7200 Rpm
- Graphics card: Intel integrated graphics (don't laugh)
- Cheap knock off microsoft wireless gaming mouse and mechanical gaming keyboard.
Q: Is this one rig or kom kom?
Me: I'm angry. Don't even start making me more angry

Q: How do you get your games?
Me: I school at the University of Nsukka, Enugu Campus. the school has free Wifi. i download my games from torrent sites (yes, piracy. I don't have $50 to spend on one game. Then spend costly data to download 20gb+ of game files.)

Q: Your own strong
Me: You never jam sad

Q: Have you tried saving?
Me: Yes I have. But saving 200k plus for a gamign system when you're given 20k every two weeks ain't easy (giving my schooling needs, etc).

Q: How do you now intend to get a gaming pc?
Me: One day it will fall from heaven Or I'll win a giveaway or I'll find someone that'll dash me the money.

Q: With which other ways have you tried to raise money?
Me: I tried completing surveys for free Amazon Gift Cards grin grin Chai! Most were fake, they few that were real are limited geographically. i never considered taking an extra job. 20k every month will get you an entry level gaming pc when you beards hit the ground (Let's assume I spend nothing from the 20k).

Q: You are aiming to high you know. you could get a cheap knock off gaming pc for 100k.
Me: Gaming pc that cannot run Fortnite at a decent 30fps? I'll pass (Ps: add me on Fortnite @ Ser Lucem

Q: So which games have you played?
Me: Almost all

Q: But your pc is shit. It won't run those games at 10fps
Me: I played all my Assassin's Creed games (except Origins) at 8 fps (don't laugh angry )

Q: Jesus!!!!
Me: Yeah

Q: Which other games have you played?
Me: All Call o Duty Games, Watch DOgs 1 and 2, Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed Origins, Fortnite, Pugb, Gta V Online.

Q: How?
Me: I play on Youtube and Twitch...

Me: I watch the entire gameplay of the game on youtube undecided cry cry cry I watch streamers on Twitch. So I can tell you everything that happened in each of those games without ever playing them. Lol.

Q: You seem determined.
Me: Yeah, One day i know I'll save enough for a gaming PC. Till then...I'll keep getting annoyed.

Q: Ever done weird stuff for gaming.
Me: The weirdest i did was downloading Watch Dogs from P***ateBay and begging a friend for his gaming laptop. Told him i needed it for a bit of video editing. I went through half the game in one weekend cry before i had to return it.

Q: Lol
Me: I even went window shopping On Amazon, picked a $1000 Pc (no peripherals) and nearly checked out to my home address with my Mum's Debit card. Thank God my village people did not use me that day.

Q: You are very interesting.
Me: I know grin

Q: We should do more of this.
Me: It's up to the readers. We'll know in the comments tongue

P.S: the details in this thing are true. I'm a broke ass gamer <cue: Narcos (Migos) >

7 Likes

Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by TheSoothSayer(m): 12:59am On Sep 26, 2018
lmao
Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by infinitycane: 6:08am On Sep 27, 2018
I remember in 2008. I had a HP Intel centrino laptop with Intel GMA graphics accelerator my mom bought for me. I used to spend hours browsing " Used Gaming laptops under $300" Omo where I see $300? Na just hope I get say one day $300 fit reach my hand by God's grace. That HP laptop no even fit play GTA San adreas at high settings. Ps3 was a scarce product then. Na only dangote pikin fit get am. I used to browse and download ps3 games screenshots to have a feel of what it was like, I remember Far Cry 2, fallout 3, Crysis etc. Go to game system requirements, all you will see is Nvidia geforce, ATi radeon Hd. You can never see intel.
Fastforward to this day. I own a PS4. I will also buy PS5 at launch date if possible. My laptop is just a simple laptop not for gaming because I just don't mind anymore. Now I can afford a gaming Rig with Nvidia flagship. Omo make person no kill en self for wetin en no get.

6 Likes

Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by MiracleOparah(m): 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
infinitycane:
I remember in 2008. I had a HP Intel centrino laptop with Intel GMA graphics accelerator my mom bought for me. I used to spend hours browsing " Used Gaming laptops under $300" Omo where I see $300? Na just hope I get say one day $300 fit reach my hand by God's grace. That HP laptop no even fit play GTA San adreas at high settings. Ps3 was a scarce product then. Na only dangote pikin fit get am. I used to browse and download ps3 games screenshots to have a feel of what it was like, I remember Far Cry 2, fallout 3, Crysis etc. Go to game system requirements, all you will see is Nvidia geforce, ATi radeon Hd. You can never see intel.
Fastforward to this day. I own a PS4. I will also buy PS5 at launch date if possible. My laptop is just a simple laptop not for gaming because I just don't mind anymore. Now I can afford a gaming Rig with Nvidia flagship. Omo make person no kill en self for wetin en no get.

Cheeee! Guy, your gaming life is sweet. I'm in a writing competition to see if I can raise $400 for a decent AMD rig �

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by LucemFerre: 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2018
I was little skeptical to enter the thread at first but, the convo was very funny and relatable grin

Most Naija gamers' language is always "one day one day..." smfh

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by seunpayne(m): 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
Oh I had to comment on this one. Most relatable is playing games at 8fps. Gaming with intel HD will teach you patience if nothing else. I recently made the switch to console gaming (Xbox One) and it’s been really beautiful but after almost 10 years of pc gaming it’s really difficult not to look at a laptop and wonder how far I can push it.

So yeah I’ve played everything. If it came out, I have played it. Now that we can afford a really beefed up rig, life is forcing somebody to be responsible...

Please let the interview continue. Infact the next set of questions should be how you balance love and work with gaming cuz that is what I’m juggling now.

2 Likes

Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by MiracleOparah(m): 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. I'll do just that
seunpayne:
Oh I had to comment on this one. Most relatable is playing games at 8fps. Gaming with intel HD will teach you patience if nothing else. I recently made the switch to console gaming (Xbox One) and it’s been really beautiful but after almost 10 years of pc gaming it’s really difficult not to look at a laptop and wonder how far I can push it.

So yeah I’ve played everything. If it came out, I have played it. Now that we can afford a really beefed up rig, life is forcing somebody to be responsible...

Please let the interview continue. Infact the next set of questions should be how you balance love and work with gaming cuz that is what I’m juggling now.
Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by infinitycane: 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
MiracleOparah:

Cheeee! Guy, your gaming life is sweet. I'm in a writing competition to see if I can raise $400 for a decent AMD rig �
Guy! You better use that $400 to find where you fit buy PS4. So that you will free yourself from the curse and bondage of 8 framerates per second. I have liberated myself by forgetting pc gaming, and will never fall back into it. Unless I am ready to caugh out $1200 for Alienware
Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by infinitycane: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
seunpayne:

Balancing love and work lol. Me I don't only balance love and work. I balance fatherhood. My wife was just looking at me the day I spent 150,000 + 20k to buy PS4 and PES 2017 on that day. December 2016. She was just looking at me and couldn't understand anything. I went to pick her from work. And I told her I needed to stop by Konga.com to pickup an important item I ordered for. She was tired and needed to be home Asap. And when I came back to the car, behold a box of video game. My wife had this strange smile on her face like... Dude what are you kidding me? Then she just decided to free the matter. We went home I rushed and fixed it up without even reading the manual. Its only the HDMI cable that gave me tough time to put in due to impatience. When I was playing it, my wife knew what it was and she even told me about PlayStation 2 that her brothers used to play. I told her that her brothers are so out of date. She changed it to PS3, then PS4. I told her babe calm down it must be ps2. Now days she joins me when I play interesting games like uncharted 4, God of war 4. Battlefield etc. She enjoys it with me. My kids are lucky daddy love games too. So they are guaranteed future gaming upgrades.

5 Likes

Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by error4040: 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2018
Now this shiiit is dammn Funny.
mine:
God knows wayback 2015 I watch and rewatch GTA V thriller, because back then I could not have a ps3 grin

fast forward 2018, B!tch!!! I owe a Rig that runs on high settings grin grin.
Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by Controller360: 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
infinitycane:

Balancing love and work lol. Me I don't only balance love and work. I balance fatherhood. My wife was just looking at me the day I spent 150,000 + 20k to buy PS4 and PES 2017 on that day. December 2016. She was just looking at me and couldn't understand anything. I went to pick her from work. And I told her I needed to stop by Konga.com to pickup an important item I ordered for. She was tired and needed to be home Asap. And when I came back to the car, behold a box of video game. My wife had this strange smile on her face like... Dude what are you kidding me? Then she just decided to free the matter. We went home I rushed and fixed it up without even reading the manual. Its only the HDMI cable that gave me tough time to put in due to impatience. When I was playing it, my wife knew what it was and she even told me about PlayStation 2 that her brothers used to play. I told her that her brothers are so out of date. She changed it to PS3, then PS4. I told her babe calm down it must be ps2. Now days she joins me when I play interesting games like uncharted 4, God of war 4. Battlefield etc. She enjoys it with me. My kids are lucky daddy love games too. So they are guaranteed future gaming upgrades.
How I wish say one of my parents had interest in gaming Sha... But it's the other way round
Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by seunpayne(m): 9:10am On Oct 19, 2018
infinitycane:

Man you are lucky. The fiancé says she doesn’t mind but complains that I spend too much time on it. Thing is I run my own company and in between projects I usually have days to spare. Aunty would rather I watch movies and read books instead of gaming. Usually it doesn’t bother me but sometimes the babe can para for days. I’m an Xbox one fanboy and I look forward to being a father. I just pray to never have to sacrifice this part of me because of that.

1 Like

Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by infinitycane: 6:40am On Nov 24, 2018
seunpayne:

Man you are lucky. The fiancé says she doesn’t mind but complains that I spend too much time on it. Thing is I run my own company and in between projects I usually have days to spare. Aunty would rather I watch movies and read books instead of gaming. Usually it doesn’t bother me but sometimes the babe can para for days. I’m an Xbox one fanboy and I look forward to being a father. I just pray to never have to sacrifice this part of me because of that.

Migrate to PlayStation and know more Joy �
Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by seunpayne(m): 10:30am On Nov 24, 2018
infinitycane:

Migrate to PlayStation and know more Joy �

Biko how? How does migrating to PlayStation bring more joy? What are they offering that I don’t already have? What really is the benefit if I migrate?
Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by wman(m): 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2018
I can relate to this men. Those days.

Now that the gaming laptop is there, I don't even have enough time. I hardly game even though I sell games myself.
Re: An Interview With Your Below-average Nigerian Gamer (saturday Night Rant) by BigBeBeMama: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2018
MiracleOparah:
I'm not complaining or anything, i just want to talk.

Q: First, am you a gamer?
Me: Yes undecided I am a gamer in spirit.

Q: Secondly, what's your gaming 'rig'
Me: <insert Odulande funny eye meme>
I game on a potato laptop -Intel Celeron N3050 Cpu @1.60Ghz (don't laugh)
-1 x 8gb of Ram
- 500gb Hdd @7200 Rpm
- Graphics card: Intel integrated graphics (don't laugh)
- Cheap knock off microsoft wireless gaming mouse and mechanical gaming keyboard.
Q: Is this one rig or kom kom?
Me: I'm angry. Don't even start making me more angry

Q: How do you get your games?
Me: I school at the University of Nsukka, Enugu Campus. the school has free Wifi. i download my games from torrent sites (yes, piracy. I don't have $50 to spend on one game. Then spend costly data to download 20gb+ of game files.)

Q: Your own strong
Me: You never jam sad

Q: Have you tried saving?
Me: Yes I have. But saving 200k plus for a gamign system when you're given 20k every two weeks ain't easy (giving my schooling needs, etc).

Q: How do you now intend to get a gaming pc?
Me: One day it will fall from heaven Or I'll win a giveaway or I'll find someone that'll dash me the money.

Q: With which other ways have you tried to raise money?
Me: I tried completing surveys for free Amazon Gift Cards grin grin Chai! Most were fake, they few that were real are limited geographically. i never considered taking an extra job. 20k every month will get you an entry level gaming pc when you beards hit the ground (Let's assume I spend nothing from the 20k).

Q: You are aiming to high you know. you could get a cheap knock off gaming pc for 100k.
Me: Gaming pc that cannot run Fortnite at a decent 30fps? I'll pass (Ps: add me on Fortnite @ Ser Lucem

Q: So which games have you played?
Me: Almost all

Q: But your pc is shit. It won't run those games at 10fps
Me: I played all my Assassin's Creed games (except Origins) at 8 fps (don't laugh angry )

Q: Jesus!!!!
Me: Yeah

Q: Which other games have you played?
Me: All Call o Duty Games, Watch DOgs 1 and 2, Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed Origins, Fortnite, Pugb, Gta V Online.

Me: I play on Youtube and Twitch...

Me: I watch the entire gameplay of the game on youtube undecided cry cry cry I watch streamers on Twitch. So I can tell you everything that happened in each of those games without ever playing them. Lol.

Q: You seem determined.
Me: Yeah, One day i know I'll save enough for a gaming PC. Till then...I'll keep getting annoyed.

Q: Ever done weird stuff for gaming.
Me: The weirdest i did was downloading Watch Dogs from P***ateBay and begging a friend for his gaming laptop. Told him i needed it for a bit of video editing. I went through half the game in one weekend cry before i had to return it.

Q: Lol
Me: I even went window shopping On Amazon, picked a $1000 Pc (no peripherals) and nearly checked out to my home address with my Mum's Debit card. Thank God my village people did not use me that day.

Q: You are very interesting.
Me: I know grin

Q: We should do more of this.
Me: It's up to the readers. We'll know in the comments tongue

P.S: the details in this thing are true. I'm a broke ass gamer <cue: Narcos (Migos) >

Want to play minecraft?

(1) (Reply)

Gameloft To Release Dia First Unreal Engine Hd Game / Gta V Online: Crew Members Needed Asap!! / What's The Android Game That Made Your 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.