Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin Prize Money: How Much Of The Fight Purse Wi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin Prize Money: How Much Of The Fight Purse Wi (646 Views)

Dillian Whyte Vs Alexander Povetkin On Saturday August 22: Tale Of The Tape / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles / Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin: Heavyweight Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Vs Alexander Povetkin Prize Money: How Much Of The Fight Purse Wi by abbeyloyee(m): 4:05am On Sep 23, 2018
Anthony Joshua returns to Wembley this evening in a heavyweight world title unification bout against Alexander Povetkin of Russia. 
Povetkin, who won Olympic gold in 2004, is the mandatory challenger for the WBA title - but all four of Joshua's divisional belts will also be on the line in London. 
The Russian was granted a world title shot after Joshua failed to negotiate a fight with Deontay Wilder. 
Povetkin represents a fearsome challenge for Joshua having only tasted defeat once in his career.
That loss came in 2013 against Wladimir Klitschko, who went on to lose against Joshua at Wembley last year. 
As the home fighter and more high profile of the two, Joshua is expected to pocket significantly more than his challenger. 
It is believed that Joshua will earn 20 million pounds and Povetkin 6 million pounds.
The fight is tracking to break the 1.2million pay per view record buys for a boxing event in the UK.
Joshua has called on the British public to support him after he fielded criticism for failure to secure a fight with Deontay Wilder. 
"I can't please everyone anymore, so I get that and so it's my game now," Joshua told BBC Sport.
"I'm having fun with it. I did 16 fights and went in for a world title, three years an amateur and went and won the Olympics, unified the heavyweight division, and it's still not good enough." 
The 28-year-old also revealed Wembley has been booked out for a potential fight against Wilder or fellow British heavyweight, Tyson Fury.
"Providing I beat Povetkin, 13 April is booked. Wembley is there - a date and a location - it's just the person who wants to step up and fight me."

From TELEGRAPH

(1) (Reply)

I Finally Won Football Pool In My Life. / Free Sure Odds On Telegram / Mikel Obi's Russian Partner Olga Diyachenko Showing Off Her Igbo Cultural Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.