Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Championship - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Championship (249 Views)

Anthony Joshua Knocks Kubrat Pulev Out In The 9th Round / Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Alexander Povetkin To Retain World Titles / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Championship by Xquisite360: 8:42am On Sep 23, 2018
Anthony Joshua knocks Alexander Povetkin out in round 7 to retain world heavyweight titles on Saturday at Wembley Stadium.

Anthony Joshua victory saw Povetkin suffer his first knock-out defeat in his boxing career.
Joshua extend his unbeaten professional record to 22 wins from 22 fights, with 21 knockouts in front of a raucous home crowd.

A previously close contest turned in Joshua’s favour decisively when he sent the Russian crashing to the canvas with a straight right hand and left hook.

Povetkin gamely beat the count but Joshua piled in before referee Steve Gray stopped the contest at one minute and 59 seconds of the seventh round.

“Povetkin is a very tough challenger and he proved it tonight,” Joshua told Sky Sports. “I realised he was strong to the head but weak to the body." “I got my knockout streak back, I found my right hand again.”

Joshua was putting his International Boxing Federation, World Boxing Association and World Boxing Organisation belts on the line against 39-year-old Russian challenger Povetkin.

P.S- AJ is the first boxer ever to knock out Povetkin.

https://www.xquisite360.com/2018/09/anthony-joshua-knocks-out-povetkin-to-retain-heavyweight-championship.html

Re: Anthony Joshua Knocks Out Povetkin To Retain Heavyweight Championship by bedspread: 9:08am On Sep 23, 2018
Akpu and Fufu hv done the Job!!

(1) (Reply)

Wimbledon Open To On-court Coaching discussion / Be Independent Of Poverty.. Get Your Complete Mini Importation Package Now / Reds Midfielder Keita In Hospital With Back Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.