Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig (3168 Views)

Ajimobi did not win the 2011 elections, he only outsmarted me-Akala / AIG Mbu Orders Arrest Of 50 Police Officers For Dressing Shabbily. / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by TMemos: 10:59am On Jul 07, 2010
http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news-update/4840.html

Police'll monitor 2011 elections via satellite -AIG

The Nigerian Police Command has disclosed that it would use satellite imaging gadgets to monitor the elections nationwide during the 2011 polls.

The idea, according to Mr. Azubuko Udah, Assistant Inspector-General (AIG) of Police in charge of Zone II, is to check malpractices and ensure a hitch-free exercise.

Udah said the police were preparing adequately for the elections and would employ the gadgets to cover all loopholes, according to a media report.

Udah also said: "With satellite imaging, we will be able to monitor all developments at all polling booths."

Udah, who said he was satisfied with the performance of his men in the February 6, 2010 Anambra state governorship election further assured Nigerians that the police would do its best in ensuring credible hitch-free elections in 2011.

"We will provide security for the citizens to vote and be voted for," he noted.

"We therefore advise politicians to eschew violence and fraud to make the general elections free, fair and credible in the interest of Nigeria's democracy. The police would not hesitate to deal with any politician who would want to cause violence during the elections.

"Politicians or their agents found stuffing ballot boxes with ballot papers, doctoring results or snatching ballot boxes will be dealt with according to the law. We have been consulting on where the issue of how to conduct credible elections in 2011," he cautioned.
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2010
Nigeria police don come again o. .are they not the ones co-ordinating the rigging ?
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by desgiezd(m): 11:08am On Jul 07, 2010
@ Topic

I recommend they employ Becomrich7 as a consultant.
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by lawuyi(m): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2010
NPF monitoring via satellite shocked yeeeeaaaaah riiiiiiight
mscheeeeew, money wan enter bush again, **smh*
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2010
desgiezd:

@ Topic

I recommend they employ Becomrich7 as a consultant.
brilliant idea in fact he would do a perfect job for the police
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by ottiotti: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2010
a new way to loot the treasury. very laughable
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by sayso: 11:28am On Jul 07, 2010
will they watch satelite or monitor satelite ?hope they training has started?cos they will start arresting people for have satelite dish thinking that is what AIG is talking ablout.NPF my backside
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 07, 2010
lwkmd, sorry i think they meant via camera grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by joe4christ(m): 11:50am On Jul 07, 2010
No mind those criminals on uniforms, they're now looking for another means to squander our money without any form of trace. satelite kò, dish ni. mcheeew!!!
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by princekevo(m): 11:53am On Jul 07, 2010
OMG!!! I can stop laughing reading jst the headline. This is just like a blind saying he is gonna use a bazoka in the next world war.  grin grin grin grin

Where is Becomerich? You better start planing  moving to Nigerian, coz there is a great opportunity for you here. wink
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by bisiaet: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2010
Nigeria Police monitoring Election via Satelite??

dem don come again ooo.
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2010
Huh?

Satellite as in up there in space?   shocked

Sorry but I still don't get how you could possibly monitor elections from space  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

even high with resolution satellites
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by slap1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2010
^^Musta been a slip of tongue. Satelite ko, DSTV ni.
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by bisiaet: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2010
Huh?

Satellite as in up there in space?

Sorry but I still don't get how you could possibly monitor elections from space

Poster Denspony are you surprise as well please ask them to explain where they got such idea from and who has ever use such in an election before?
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2010
slap1:

^^Musta been a slip of tongue. Satelite ko, DSTV ni.
rotflamo. .
donspony:

Huh?

Satellite as in up there in space?   shocked

Sorry but I still don't get how you could possibly monitor elections from space  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

maybe they are planning to import hand-held satellites.who knows
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2010
bisiaet:

Poster Denspony are you surprise as well please ask them to explain where they got such idea from and who has ever use such in an election before?
the Aig must have been watching CNN of late seeing the way google earth application is used to analyse the earth and weather condition.he must be a freak
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by chakula: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2010
New development and inniative was in at nigeria again.
say well to the police and co.
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by philip0906(m): 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2010
bluetooth
the Aig must have been watching CNN of late seeing the way google earth application is used to analyse the earth and weather condition.he must be a freak
cheesy grin grin
nice one 4rm d cops,they can't buy guns 2 fight armed robbery in abia state,but they can afford 2 buy satelite equipments 2 "monitor" d proper "rigging" of elections. . .kudos 2 them,they r becoming"technology" conscious in this 21st century cheesy grin grin
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by DoubleN(m): 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2010
Bunch of Jokers!They have not finished dealing with the problems on ground and it is space that is their next target. O how i laff in ibibio!! grin grin
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by Chiddysville(m): 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2010
monitor via satellite? they never catch thief wey dey for ground, na from satellite dem go catch them? angry
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by mrperfect(m): 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2010
Let hope that will solve the challenges they are likely to face.
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by slap1(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2010
Did Becomerich manage to sell this idea to Bro J at d G20 summit in Canada? Dat guy's ranting can be convincing when u have notin better to do, and I heard Bro J was just an observer there. . . .
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2010
mrperfect:

Let hope that will solve the challenges they are likely to face.
how ?
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by surugede(m): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2010
He is telling us that the next election is going to be another home video where every 1 including the police go just dey do sedion look. Pathetic!!!!!!! cry embarassed cry embarassed
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by wale4x35(m): 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2010
Which satellite and with what electricity 

Another ploy to mismanage public funds, i beg i fit install the satellite for una  grin grin grin grin bunch of thieves
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by snowdrops(m): 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2010
Is it with our satellite that went missing in space?

Did the AIG listen to himself saying this! The police have failed to monitor elections face to face, now they want to monitor it from space.

I am sure they sense that would mean awarding some multibillion naira contracts with resultant embezelments.

Nonsense.
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by otukpo(f): 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2010
Don't know what to think abt this.
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2010
aig dude has been watching too many techno thrillers - the sort where you get screen shots of number plates from overhead satelittes

offtopic

is nicomsat equiped for surveillance?
how will nicomsat cover all the polling booths in all the wareds in all the states of the fedrartion simulltaneously?
is our aig assuming that all voting takes place in the open air and not in sheltered buildings?

what a daft prick

the other day it was a ban of police uniforms in nollywood movies
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by Becomrich0: 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2010
Which police , nigeria police. is the nigeria police stop collecting bribe You make me laugh, they need training. dont count on them. They would collect bribe anytime and anyday. they are not like other countries police.

they are not diffferent from the nigeria society. because they dont get paid, they too have to rob the people to keep body and soul together.
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by snowdrops(m): 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2010
Becomrich0:

Which police , nigeria police. is the nigeria police stop collecting bribe You make me laugh, they need training. dont count on them. They would collect bribe anytime and anyday. they are not like other countries police.

they are not diffferent from the nigeria society. because they dont get paid, they too have to rob the people to keep body and soul together.
And where are the maps to back up your statement? Besides you need to copy this to the AIG based on your satellite experience. cool
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by seedord247(m): 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2010
Do we even have police?
Re: Police'll Monitor 2011 Elections Via Satellite -aig by MeGaStReEt: 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2010
lol

this country is a joke

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FOI Law: CPC Lauds President / Jega Promises Improved 2015 Elections As Senator Rules Out Electronic Voting / Is This True Of Buhari? Why Then Are we Afraid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.