Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

The Religion Of War I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Religion Of War I (1294 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / ~UPDATED~ Rules And Regulations Of The Religion Forum ~UPDATED~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Religion Of War I by vedaxcool(m): 11:42am On Jul 07, 2010
Thirty Years' War was one of the most destructive conflicts in European history. The war was fought primarily (though not exclusively) in what is now Germany and at various points involved most of the countries of Europe. Naval warfare also reached overseas and shaped the colonial formation of future nations.

The origins of the conflict and goals of the participants were complex and no single cause can accurately be described as the main reason for the fighting. Initially the war was fought largely as a religious conflict between Protestants and Catholics in the Holy Roman Empire, although disputes over the internal politics and balance of power within the Empire played a significant part. Gradually, the war developed into a more general conflict involving most of the European powers.[9][10] In this general phase, the war became more a continuation of the Bourbon-Habsburg rivalry for European political pre-eminence, and in turn led to further warfare between France and the Habsburg powers, and less specifically about religion.[11]

A major impact of the Thirty Years' War was the extensive destruction of entire regions, denuded by the foraging armies (bellum se ipsum alet). Episodes of famine and disease significantly decreased the populace of the German states, Bohemia, the Low Countries and Italy, while bankrupting most of the combatant powers. While the regiments within each army were not strictly mercenary in that they were not guns for hire that changed sides from battle to battle, the individual soldiers that made up the regiments for the most part probably were. The problem of discipline was made more difficult still by the ad hoc nature of 17th century military financing. Armies were expected to be largely self-funding from loot taken or tribute extorted from the settlements where they operated. This encouraged a form of lawlessness that imposed often severe hardship on inhabitants of the occupied territory. Some of the quarrels that provoked the war went unresolved for a much longer time. The Thirty Years' War was ended with the treaties of Osnabrück and Münster, part of the wider Peace of Westphalia.[
Re: The Religion Of War I by vedaxcool(m): 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2010
VAcancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!
this post is looking for highly intelligent and persons with high cerebral volume to respond not dimwits.
You are right not to respond it is too much for you. you run, off run off and go pray for the server to crash.
hahahaa it is too funny
Re: The Religion Of War I by Empiree: 4:16am On Feb 28, 2015
Oh oh, since '10 no reasonable contribution. CHAi

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of War I by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:34am On Feb 28, 2015
@ Empiree,

It is a good thing that many chritians avoided this trap of a thread. This is nothing more than a muslim creating a thread to bash and create anti-christian argument with the help of a violent time in history.
Re: The Religion Of War I by Empiree: 5:50am On Feb 28, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
@ Empiree,

It is a good thing that many chritians avoided this trap of a thread. This is nothing more than a muslim creating a thread to bash and create anti-christian argument with the help of a violent time in history.

grin This is why I always love you man. You never disappointed me with your duplicity.

Remember that lady ife whom we muslims largely remained humbled towards her nonsense threads and posts at the beginning before we later fired back?. None of her adherents including yourself condemned her until we started charging at her. Then you guys still blamed us.

Again, you came up here posting lopsided "fatwa". You are such an amazing blogger indeed.

Anyways, you ran away after I hammered your head really hard with my last posts on "top 10....." by lie-killer grin .That breaks your back right there. No Christians including the lady herself respond to it. And all her supporters came and read it but disappeared just like you did. That was how i won finally. She conceded. And you too. And I am finally done with her in any direct chats unless otherwise later. Don't mess with Muslims man.

Well, you better come to Islam bcuz that's where salvation is. Come let us teach you basics. Humble yourself and stop listening to bogus anti-islam sites. We are not your enemies.

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of War I by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:15am On Feb 28, 2015
Empiree:
grin This is why I always love you man. You never disappointed me with your duplicity.

Remember that lady ife whom we muslims largely remained humbled towards her nonsense threads and posts at the beginning before we later fired back?. None of her adherents including yourself condemned her until we started charging at her. Then you guys still blamed us.

Again, you came up here posting lopsided "fatwa". You are such an amazing blogger indeed.

Anyways, you ran away after I hammered your head really hard with my last posts on "top 10....." by lie-killer grin .That breaks your back right there. No Christians including the lady herself respond to it. And all her supporters came and read it but disappeared just like you did. That was how i won finally. She conceded. And you too. And I am finally done with her in any direct chats unless otherwise later. Don't mess with Muslims man.

Well, you better come to Islam bcuz that's where salvation is. Come let us teach you basics. Humble yourself and stop listening to bogus anti-islam sites. We are not your enemies.

You want to teach me islam? You that were lectured on your own religion?
Re: The Religion Of War I by Empiree: 6:25am On Feb 28, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

[s][size=3pt]You want to teach me islam? You that were lectured on your own religion?[/size][/s]
Funny dude. You not serious

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of War I by Rilwayne001: 1:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
vedaxcool:
VAcancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!
this post is looking for highly intelligent and persons with high cerebral volume to respond not dimwits.
You are right not to respond it is too much for you. you run, off run off and go pray for the server to crash.
hahahaa it is too funny

grin grin grin

You no go kill pesin
Re: The Religion Of War I by vedaxcool(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

grin grin grin

You no go kill pesin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of War I by vedaxcool(m): 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
Empiree:
Oh oh, since '10 no reasonable contribution. CHAi

Na so we see am oh! It is easier to ask questions than give answers!
Re: The Religion Of War I by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Here I was thinking that it was only Empiree that engages in such behaviour.
Re: The Religion Of War I by Empiree: 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2015
Na weitng i do you again. Abeg confront the op. Me get no time. You and your brethren never look in the mirror before pointing fingers
AllNaijaBlogger:
Here I was thinking that it was only Empiree that engages in such behaviour.

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of War I by joseph1832(m): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
@ Empiree,

Is it a crime if Christianity is bashed? History is filled with the atrocities people committed all in the name of Christianity. Thousands slaughtered like sheeps with out shepherd! Even the Albegensian crusade readily comes to mind!.

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of War I by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
joseph1832:
Is it a crime if Christianity is bashed? History is filled with the atrocities people committed all in the name of Christianity. Thousands slaughtered like sheeps with out shepherd! Even the Albegensian crusade readily comes to mind!.

The crusades and wars were centuries ago.

In 2015 we have ISIS.

Check your priorities and leave christianity alone, Mr. Atheist
Re: The Religion Of War I by malvisguy212: 7:26pm On Feb 28, 2015
joseph1832:
I absolutely agree with
atheists and Muslims who say that many
atrocious things have been done in the
name of God, and even in the name of
Christianity. However, these atrocities
were not perpetrated by God, but by evil
human beings. If we look at the history of
democide (which includes genocide,
politicide, and mass murder, but not
war-dead) prior to the 20th century, we
find that millions of people were killed
by people groups who wanted the other
people groups eliminated. Infacte this thread supposed to be in the politics section.

To know the real christians read;

Jesus Himself addressed the issue of
"Christians," performing evil deeds in a
rather chilling prophecy:
"MANY will say to Me on that day,
'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in
Your name, and in Your name cast
out demons, and in Your name
perform many miracles?' And then I
will declare to them, 'I never knew
you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO
PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'" ( Matthew
7:22-23)

The verse say "many" meaning not ALL who called him Lord will be condemned only thoes who pretend to be His followers will be rejected by Jesus when at the judgment when they attempt to
claim that they are His disciples.

the Bible describes the nature of a person who is indwelt by the Holy
Spirit (which happens at the point a
person accept Jesus as Lord and Savior):

" But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy,
peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness and self-
control. Against such things there is
no law. ( Galatians 5:22-23)"

In addition, the true believer does what
is right and demonstrates love toward
others. Even non-believers can readily
see who the true Christians are.

Ultimately, the behavior of those who
claim to be Christians but practice evil
should not be a consideration in
determining if the claims of Christ are
true or not.

This answer the claimed by the op.
Re: The Religion Of War I by truthman2012(m): 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
The Op didn't talk of Christians killing unbelievers for not converting. It was an internal crisis. Those Christians who committed atrocities did not have such commands from Jesus. It is unlike the muslims who are expressly commanded as a standing order.

Sahih Muslim (1:33) The
Messenger of Allah said: "I have
been commanded to fight against
people till they testify that there
is no god but Allah, that
Muhammad is the messenger of
Allah, and they establish prayer
and pay zakat." The first part of
this condition is the Shahada, or
profession of faith in Islam.
Violence is sanctioned until the
victims embrace Muhammad's
religion.

Qur'an (8:39) - “And fight them
until there is no more Fitnah
(disbelief and polytheism: i.e.
worshipping others besides Allah)
and the religion (worship) will all
be for Allah Alone [in the whole
of the world ]. But if they cease
(worshipping others besides
Allah), then certainly, Allah is
All-Seer of what they do.”

Qur'an (9:29) - " Fight those who
believe not in Allah nor the Last
Day, nor hold that forbidden
which hath been forbidden by
Allah and His Messenger, nor
acknowledge the religion of
Truth, (even if they are) of the
People of the Book, until they pay
the Jizya with willing submission,
and feel themselves subdued.

There are many more quranic verses commanding killing unbelievers. Now tell me where Jesus commanded anyone to be killed for not accepting him.

1 Like

Re: The Religion Of War I by joseph1832(m): 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

The crusades and wars were centuries ago.

In 2015 we have ISIS.

Check your priorities and leave christianity alone, Mr. Atheist
So what about ISIS? What ISIS and other terrorist groups are doing is the same the Christians did centuries ago!.

The taking of human life just because one doesn share your opinion(s) is among the biggest evil any human can perpetrate!.

You Christians condemn Islam, but you forget about your bloody past where you burned people at the stake and label them heretics!.

If Christians can point their fingers at ISIS, they should remember to point those same fingers at themselves.

Karl Marx saw through religion and saw it for what it really was: A drug! All the more reason why are said "religion is the opiate of the masses".

To me, any Christian or Moslem who try to shove his or her religious beliefs down anybody's throat is not different from ISIS or the Inquisitors of the Roman Catholic Church because if truly they possess 'that' power, they'll put a gun to your head and force you to convert which if you don't, they blow your brains to smithereens!.

AllNaijaBlogger! I am not an atheist!.
Re: The Religion Of War I by joseph1832(m): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
Empiree:

Anyways, you ran away after I hammered your head really hard with my last posts on "top 10....." by lie-killer grin .That breaks your back right there. No Christians including the lady herself respond to it. And all her supporters came and read it but disappeared just like you did. That was how i won finally. She conceded. And you too. And I am finally done with her in any direct chats unless otherwise later.Don't mess with Muslims man.

The bolded just made me start to believe you're an opinionated moslem! Tell me, just what will happen should one mess you your kind?

As far as I'm concerned Moslems and Christians are just the same to me! Drug addicts of the highest order.
Re: The Religion Of War I by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:41pm On Feb 28, 2015
joseph1832:
So what about ISIS? What ISIS and other terrorist groups are doing is the same the Christians did centuries ago!.

The taking of human life just because one doesn share your opinion(s) is among the biggest evil any human can perpetrate!.

You Christians condemn Islam, but you forget about your bloody past where you burned people at the stake and label them heretics!.

If Christians can point their fingers at ISIS, they should remember to point those same fingers at themselves.

Karl Marx saw through religion and saw it for what it really was: A drug! All the more reason why are said "religion is the opiate of the masses".

To me, any Christian or Moslem who try to shove his or her religious beliefs down anybody's throat is not different from ISIS or the Inquisitors of the Roman Catholic Church because if truly they possess 'that' power, they'll put a gun to your head and force you to convert which if you don't, they blow your brains to smithereens!.

AllNaijaBlogger! I am not an atheist!.

Get your priorities right. The crusades happened centuries ago. You should be more concerned with ISIS because if the Boko Boys get as powerful as them...Fill in the blanks.

This is the same reason why I feel the op is just trolling. Rather than looking at the issues within his religion that are causing problems, he points to the problems in another religion that have been solved decades ago
Re: The Religion Of War I by joseph1832(m): 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Get your priorities right. The crusades happened centuries ago. You should be more concerned with ISIS because if the Boko Boys get as powerful as them...Fill in the blanks.

This is the same reason why I feel the op is just trolling. Rather than looking at the issues within his religion that are causing problems, he points to the problems in another religion that have been solved decades ago
History has always been filled with people who believe they have superior opinions and beliefs to others, what ISIS and Boko Haram are doing now was the same the Christians did long ago.

My brother, "It is only the weapons of warfare that have changed over time, the mentality is still the same".

Just like the Christians refrained from being pyromaniacs long ago, so the moslem will soon refrain from being butchers!.
Re: The Religion Of War I by Empiree: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
joseph1832:
The bolded just made me start to believe you're an opinionated moslem! Tell me, just what will happen should one mess you your kind?

As far as I'm concerned Moslems and Christians are just the same to me! Drug addicts of the highest order.
Na bro!, that's out of context right there. Allnaijablogger understands it. If you know what i mean, me & him have been up to fair debate on another thread. So "dont mess with muslims" is something you seemed to have said it all in your post above. It's not what you mean literally @bold. You got me now?.

(1) (Reply)

Consequences Of Living In The Flesh / Real And Fake Men Of God / Nigeria Gospel Radio Debuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.