Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? (1098 Views)

Pastor Victor Ativie: Osinachi Nwachukwu's Husband Hid Money Paid To Her (Video) / Physically Challenged Woman Hid Son & Lied To Extort Money From Prophet Fufeyin / Yemi Ingila, Joshua Iginla's Wife Speaks On Cheating And Divorce Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2018
something happened in my RCCG parish today. a lady was suspended indefinitely for divorcing her husband and remarrying. her husband who is also a worker hid his HIV status from his wife before they married. after a while she kept falling sick and went to the hospital to run a test, only to find out she a HIV positive. it was devastating to her since she was a strong Christian and married her husband as a virgin. she confronted him about it and then he was forced to open up and claimed he got it when he was living a reckless life as a sinner. Apologized to her. she was infuriated against the advice of the church and pastors she filed for divorce, sued the man to court and remarried an equally HIV person like her.
it was announced today that she had been disfellowship. and the pastor said she should have forgiven the man and remained in the marriage since the man asked for forgiveness. it caused an uproar in church.

what's your opinion on what happened?
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Shelumiel: 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2018
Divorce is permissible but on only one condition : sexual immorality(Matthew 5:32). Besides that , there is no room for it .
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2018
Since she was deceived...... she did the right thing.

Only God can judge her!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2018
J
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2018
K
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by chiommy123(f): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2018
honestly I don't blame her cos the guy would've done worse
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by DIMIZZY1: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
I think she went wrong with her decision, just continue d marriage, it cant be reversed, he'll get his punishment from God almighty
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
The beauty of Love is having the spirit to forgive... She shouldn't have divorced the husband, apart from that if their wedding took place in the church then the church need to be questioned because they ought to have find out all of these before now!
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by nwakaibe(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2018
She is right. She got married to the first husband under false grounds. They didn't conduct HIV test before marriage?
The brother did a callous and wicked act.

1 Like

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2018
F
Pentolution:
something happened in my RCCG parish today. a lady was suspended indefinitely for divorcing her husband and remarrying. her husband who is also a worker hid his HIV status from his wife before they married. after a while she kept falling sick and went to the hospital to run a test, only to find out she a HIV positive. it was devastating to her since she was a strong Christian and married her husband as a virgin. she confronted him about it and then he was forced to open up and claimed he got it when he was living a reckless life as a sinner. Apologized to her. she was infuriated against the advice of the church and pastors she filed for divorce, sued the man to court and remarried an equally HIV person like her.
it was announced today that she had been disfellowship. and the pastor said she should have forgiven the man and remained in the marriage since the man asked for forgiveness. it caused an uproar in church.

First I am a Catholic not a redeem member so I perspective is from my background.

In my church a man who hid his HIV status and dubiously contracted marriage will be rightly divorced in a civil court and the church will follow it up immediately by granting an annulment, the marriage will be declared null and viod and of no effect from the beginning and the woman will be free to contract marriage with someone else with the blessing of the church.

If you have a deal breaker before marriage and you hid it from your spouse, deceiving her, and then dubiously going for wedding with her, according to Catholic theology that marriage is not valid, it is based on deception and lies. It is not recognized even before God talk less of before men.

A man/woman who has HIV, kids from a previous marriage, impotency in men, a woman who had her womb removed or other such deal breakers, anybody that has them should speak up before the wedding.

If your man is coming for you because he is under the false impression that you are a virgin or has conditioned your marriage on something you don't possess, kindly confess.

2 Likes

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2018
DIMIZZY1:
I think she went wrong with her decision, just continue d marriage, it cant be reversed, he'll get his punishment from God almighty
pray it doesn't happen to you, this is a dubious situation where someone set out to deceive his spouse and dash her a stupid disease.

It is a toxic relationship built on lies, not a marriage. She did the right thing, nobody deserves to be chained to a dubious situation entered under false pretense.

1 Like

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2018
Tosinex:
The beauty of Love is having the spirit to forgive... She shouldn't have divorced the husband, apart from that if their wedding took place in the church then the church need to be questioned because they ought to have find out all of these before now!
we usually spite all this kind things because the matter didn't happen to us.

1 Like

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2018
nwakaibe:
She is right. She got married to the first husband under false grounds. They didn't conduct HIV test before marriage?
The brother did a callous and wicked act.

This is the simple truth

1 Like

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by OlaoChi: 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
Ubenedictus:
F

First I am a Catholic not a redeem member so I perspective is from my background.

In my church a man who hid his HIV status and dubiously contracted marriage will be rightly divorced in a civil court and the church will follow it up immediately by granting an annulment, the marriage will be declared null and viod and of no effect from the beginning and the woman will be free to contract marriage with someone else with the blessing of the church.

If you have a deal breaker before marriage and you hid it from your spouse, deceiving her, and then dubiously going for wedding with her, according to Catholic theology that marriage is not valid, it is based on deception and lies. It is not recognized even before God talk less of before men.

A man/woman who has HIV, kids from a previous marriage, impotency in men, a woman who had her womb removed or other such deal breakers, anybody that has them should speak up before the wedding.

If your man is coming for you because he is under the false impression that you are a virgin or has conditioned your marriage on something you don't possess, kindly confess.

Makes sense.
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
Ubenedictus:
we usually spite all this kind things because the matter didn't happen to us.
yes you are right! one thing or the other always happens to someone, but we shouldn't take decisions rashly because every decision always comes with their consequences rather in a good light or bad!
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
Pentolution:

The marriage was based on lies, it's null at the very first day. It's not a divorce. the woman has the laws of men and God on her side, she has the legal right to move out or remain in dat marriage (if she wants). Many Pentecostal churches like rccg winners mfm etc...all ask attending couples to go for a series of hospital test in order to avoid this kind of problem. why dey didnt do it?
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by UbiPetrus: 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
DIMIZZY1:
Taa... cool
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by UbiPetrus: 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
Clear case for annulment.
There was no marriage ab initio.

1 Like

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 24, 2018
buddenlove:

The marriage was based on lies, it's null at the very first day. It's not a divorce. the woman has the laws of men and God on her side, she has the legal right to move out or remain in dat marriage (if she wants). Many Pentecostal churches like rccg winners mfm etc...all ask attending couples to go for a series of hospital test in order to avoid this kind of problem. why dey didnt do it?

they didn't marry in Rccg. it was a court wedding. I guess she trusted him too much
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 25, 2018
What is wrong with you lying & hypocritical Christians?

Should I always be reminding & teaching you what your holy book preaches?

Isaiah 53:5 & 1 Peter 2:24 say “And by His stripes[c] we are healed.”

Luke 10:19 says “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.”

Matthew 18:18 says “Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

All you & your pastors have to do is bind & trample upon the H.I.V virus - and the patient will be healed by Jesus stripes. Hahahahahaaaa! grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by DIMIZZY1: 7:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
UbiPetrus:
Taa... cool
Na lyk dat sure pass na
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by DIMIZZY1: 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ubenedictus:
pray it doesn't happen to you, this is a dubious situation where someone set out to deceive his spouse and dash her a stupid disease.

It is a toxic relationship built on lies, not a marriage. She did the right thing, nobody deserves to be chained to a dubious situation entered under false pretense.
A point sha
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Geosystem(m): 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
Who does marriages without conducting HiV test. I and my wife were mandated to undergo the test before courtship and few days to the wedding �. that was twice. That man is heartless and the woman is just unfortunate to have been negligent in the things that matters.

1 Like

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
Pentolution:

they didn't marry in Rccg. it was a court wedding. I guess she trusted him too much
so why is the RCCG complaining about a court divorce for a court wedding?
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ubenedictus:
so why is the RCCG complaining about a court divorce for a court wedding?

the church doctrine is against divorce. remarriage after divorce even makes it worse.
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ubenedictus:

Love will not reign, if we do learn to forgive each other as God has forgiven us in Christ Jesus. God forgave us while we are yet in rebellion.
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Love will not reign, if we do learn to forgive each other as God has forgiven us in Christ Jesus. God forgave us while we are yet in rebellion.
Let her forgive him, i am not against forgiveness. but she never had a valid marriage from the begining. ab initio she was never married and it is wrong to pretend she was.
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2018
Pentolution:

the church doctrine is against divorce. remarriage after divorce even makes it worse.
With all due respect the church should go and learn the meaning of marriage.
marriage is based upon the giving of free, informed consent. if consent was not free e.g a marriage forced upon a woman is invalid. so too a marriage based of misinformation, distortion of information and withholding of information that can affect consent...the marriage is invalid ab initio, informed consent was never given.

there was never a marriage, so this isnt a remarriage case.
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ubenedictus:
Let her forgive him, i am not against forgiveness. but she never had a valid marriage from the begining. ab initio she was never married and it is wrong to pretend she was.

What do you mean that she was never married? Because according to the op she was.
Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

What do you mean that she was never married? Because according to the op she was.
2 people signing a register in court does not make them married. marriage fundamentally involves the exchange of free, informed consent. if consent is not free or delibrately misinformed then it is not truly consent, then marriage has not taken place, that is just lies and deception.

2 Likes

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by Hundredfold4lif(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2018
THE LIE IN THE MARRIAGE ANNULLED THE MARRIAGE. SHE WAS DECEIVED BY AN UNBELIEVER! ANYWAYS, UNLESS HE HIMSELF DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT. IF TRULY HE HID IT, MARRIAGE WAS A DECEPTION!!!

1 Like

Re: is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? by leke12(m): 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
No, it's sense like.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Should Have Taken A Selfie With God – Daddy Freeze Comes For Pastor Adeboye / Mary Is Not Co-redeemer With Jesus. / Are You A Special And Unique Person? Please, Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.