Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:38 AM

Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC (980 Views)

It Is Settled , The Presidential Election Will Be Declared Inconclusive.see Pics / Why We Declared Benue Governorship Election Inconclusive – INEC / Adamawa Governorship Election Inconclusive – INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by deantimes(m): 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2018
The Osun State Governorship election has been declared inconclusive by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday.

Joseph Fuwape, the presiding officer of the election at the INEC headquarters in Osun explained why the declaration was made.

At the end of the collation of votes, the PDP candidate, Ademola Adeleke, won majority votes of about 254,698 votes while Gboyega Oyetola of the APC came a close second with 254,345 votes. Both leading candidates had a difference of about 354 votes.

“I, Joseph Adeola Fuwape, hereby, declare this election inconclusive,” Fuwape said.

“Unfortunately as the returning officer, it’s not possible to declare anybody as the clear winner of the election on the first ballot,” he added.

He explained that the total registered voters in the five polling units where elections were cancelled is 3,498 votes. Since that figure was higher than the difference between the votes of the leading candidates, a re-run election had to be conducted, the INEC chief explained.

The election was marred by vote buying, malfunctioned card readers among others

https://www.ngpolitics.com/why-osun-governorship-election-was-declared-inconclusive-inec/
Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by GreatEngineer(m): 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2018
Supposing it was APC candidate that won, I bet you INEC would not bring up that law.

1 Like

Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by Bitchiamjay(m): 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2018
S.179(2), #Nigeria's 1999 Const.
INEC has lots of powers but that doesn't include amending Constitution in osun.

smh

#YOLO

Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by amaniro: 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2018
Reporting live from PDP headquarters. Tinubu right now

1 Like

Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by Baawaa(m): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2018
GreatEngineer:
Supposing it was APC candidate that won, I bet you INEC would not bring up that law.
You are nothing but a mumu grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by HigherEd: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2018
You
Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by orisa37: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2018
Give Victory to PDP.

1 Like

Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by deantimes(m): 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2018
grin

There's an adage that says PREGNANCY CANT BE COVERED WITH HANDS.

INEC do the right thing.
Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by deantimes(m): 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by Aplaudez(m): 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2018
expect more, come 2019! This is Nigeria!
Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
GreatEngineer:
.. Don't mind them.

1 Like

Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by saaron(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2018
GreatEngineer:
If the law was observed strictly, buhari will never be president. Nigeria is a shiithole.
Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by saaron(m): 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2018
Now that a re-run will be conducted on 27, I see Arebesola paying more salaries for Osun workers this week.
Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by bantudra: 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
why is the result so tight.....??....this doesnt make any sense.... undecided undecided
Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by NaMe4: 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
Re: Why Osun Governorship Election Was Declared Inconclusive – INEC by NaMe4: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
saaron:
Now that a re-run will be conducted on 27, I see Arebesola paying more salaries for Osun workers this week.

The salaries will be well received, then he and his gang will be voted out like outcasts next week. Nonsense!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pmb At Work: A State By State Report / BREAKING: One Soldier, Eight Civilians Killed As Boko Haram Rains Bullets On Con / Reasons That The Impostor Nnamdi Kanu Is Definitely Working For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.