Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist (2542 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
ForeWord

Qur'an: 4:48 God does not forgive that partners be set up with Him, and He forgives what is beside that for whom He wills. Whoever sets up partners with God has indeed invented a great sin.

Qur'an: 12:106 The majority of mankind do not believe in God without remaining polytheist.

The Qur'an is clear that most mankind, including Muslims, associate partners with God even while believing in Him. May the Lord count us among the monotheists.
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2018
Objectives

This thread will be periodically updated to:

- analyze the Qur'anic verses on monotheism, a concept grossly misunderstood due to evil machinations of the enemies of God.

- scrutinize the practices and doctrines of mainstream Islam highlighting the anti-monotheistic components that need to be purged.

- educate Muslims on monotheism and thus beware of associating partners with God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2018
Essential Reading:

1. Undercover Polytheism

More like an overview of this thread. It outlined 5 elements in traditional Islamic doctrines that deeply violate monotheism.

Disclaimer:

I'm not a traditional Muslim, but heterodox one. So my views here do not represent traditional or mainstream Islam.

I'm heterodox in that I take the Qur'an to be the only authority in Islam. No Hadith, No Imam, No Ijma.
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 7:02am On Oct 04, 2018
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 04, 2018
Your problem is compound ignorance.

Qur'an: 12:106 The majority of mankind do not believe in God without remaining polytheist.

I want to explain this verse for those who are sincerely looking for a right explanation for it..

Majority believe in Allaah i.e they believe that he is the creator, the sustainer, the controller of affairs, in short they believe in his lordship and don't associate partners with him there.

But still are polytheist i.e They associate partners with him in his worship, they give worship to other things even though they strongly believe Allaah owns lordship.

So whatever argument the op of this thread wants to build on his false interpretation is rendered useless...

3 Likes

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2018
Could much of the early Muslims have deviated from Monotheism?

The view among Muslims on salvation is that it is easily attainable if one sticks with consensus on laws and doctrines. The 'consensus' refers to the view of the majority of the scholars or community from the first three generations of Muslims.

But if Christians and Jews have been misled by their early jurists, it is not impossible that Muslims have been misled also by theirs. Qur'an 25:30 already foretold Muhammad's testimony on the last day; his people(Arabs) abandoned the Qur'an.

Continue below

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2018
Qur'an 9:97-110 explain that among the early Muslim Arabs with Muhammad were those adamant in hypocrisy and highly liable to transgress the Qur'anic standards. At least, these verses require us to be cautious of the traditions and practices relayed from early Muslims.

But what about Muhammad's nearest companions, the Muhajiroon & Ansar? Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali, Aisha, Abu Hurayra etc. Didn't Qur'an guarantee them paradise? Didn't they meet the Muhammad and learn from him?

Continue below
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
The Qur'an did not guarantee them paradise, it reveals paradise has been prepared for them. Paradise is prepared for the good-doers, but if these good-doers later slip into evil, they never reach paradise.

With that in mind, No one knows if the earliest companions remained in good till death. Not even Muhammad according to the following hadith;

Continue below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2018
The Messenger said over the martyrs of Uhud, "I testify for them." Abu Bakr as-Siddiq said, "Messenger of Allah! Are we not their brothers? We entered Islam as they entered Islam and we did jihad as they did jihad." The Messenger said, "Yes, but I do not know what you will do after me." Abu Bakr wept profusely and said, "Are we really going to out-live you!" ---------- Book of Jihad: Muwatta Malik

Hence, there is clear possibility that earlier Muslim generations were misled and have misled subsequent Muslim generations.

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
usermane:
The Messenger said over the martyrs of Uhud, "I testify for them." Abu Bakr as-Siddiq said, "Messenger of Allah! Are we not their brothers? We entered Islam as they entered Islam and we did jihad as they did jihad." The Messenger said, "Yes, but I do not know what you will do after me." Abu Bakr wept profusely and said, "Are we really going to out-live you!" ---------- Book of Jihad: Muwatta Malik

Hence, there is clear possibility that earlier Muslim generations were misled and have misled subsequent Muslim generations.

Do you also believe Allaah does not know they will probably be misled when he said:

"So if they believe in the like of that which you believe, then they are rightly guided, but if they turn away, then they are only in schism "(Qur'an 2: 137)

Allaahu akbaar, he even made their path to show who is upon guidance and who is not upon guidance, will you say Allaah did not know they will later deviate before making their path to know guidance?

Allaah also says:

And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers' way. We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination.(Qur'an 4:115)

Allaah even made it clearer here that if you don't follow their path you are going to hell.

So have you seen your compound ignorance? You claim to follow only the Qur'an and yet don't know anything about it except what you read online....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by basugar441(m): 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
usermane:

Ha..... thought you were done with your skewed thoughts on Islam. Still on the path of "Quran alone"...... May Allah grant you shifa

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 6:17am On Oct 06, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Do you also believe Allaah does not know they will probably be misled when he said:

"So if they believe in the like of that which you believe, then they are rightly guided, but if they turn away, then they are only in schism "(Qur'an 2: 137)

Read and digest the verse again. It says nothing about the companions and their descendants remaining steadfast till death.

Allaah also says:

And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers' way. We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell - what an evil destination.(Qur'an 4:115)

Allaah even made it clearer here that if you don't follow their path you are going to hell.

The believers' path is the Qur'an. And I follow the Qur'an. As for the companions and their descendants there is no irrefutable proof that they remained in the path. From existing evidences, most of them wavered, very few remained steadfast.

So have you seen your compound ignorance? You claim to follow only the Qur'an and yet don't know anything about it except what you read online....

And what do you know about the Qur'an? That it encourage terrorism and bloodshed for the sake of Islamic state, that it sentence a thief to amputation for stealing a tuber of cassava?

I'm willing to entertain your criticism of my writings here. But if you become too much of a nuisance, I won't hesitate to deal with you.

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 6:25am On Oct 06, 2018
basugar441:

Ha..... thought you were done with your skewed thoughts on Islam. Still on the path of "Quran alone"...... May Allah grant you shifa

Sorry to disappoint you, sugar man. But I'll be sure to contact you when I'm done with my skewed thoughts...... May Allah grant you sabr
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 06, 2018
usermane:

Read and digest the verse again. It says nothing about the companions and their descendants remaining steadfast till death.

First of all the definition of "companion" is whoever met the prophet, believed in him while he was alive and died upon belief, like those who Abu bakr fought against for the reverting out of Islam, these individuals saw the prophet and believed in him but disbelieved after his death, so they can't be called "companions", so it's wrong in the first place to even say " companions are not guaranteed guidance till they die" because he can't be regarded a companion in the first place except he died a believer.

So the verse refers to the companions that we must follow their path, and anyone who refuses to follow their path like you are doing, is in schism.

The believers' path is the Qur'an. And I follow the Qur'an.

Who were the believers around that time this verse was revealed other than the companions? So you are obliged not to contradict them and you are clearly contradicting them, so Allaah has given a severe threat for your type, think twice man.

As for the companions and their descendants there is no irrefutable proof that they remained in the path.

This statement comes due to ignorance as to who a companion is in the first place...

From existing evidences, most of them wavered, very few remained steadfast.

Most? What do you use to measure "most" yes some people who believed in Muhammad the messenger of Allaah, disbelieved in him after his death and Abu bakr fought them, but you saying "most" requires proof, here is how you can prove it, by first telling us the number of people who believed in the prophet at the time of his living with a proof, then tell us how many reverted with a proof as well.

And what do you know about the Qur'an? That it encourage terrorism and bloodshed for the sake of Islamic state,

Terrorism is an ikhwaani thing, from which Isis and their misguided brothers got their ideologies from, the pure Islam is not about Islamic state but having correct aqeedah, once there is correct aqeedah, Islamic state will come insha Allaah.

that it sentence a thief to amputation for stealing a tuber of cassava?

You see that? There are conditions before amputation takes place, one of it should be, the stealing did not take place because of starvation, someone who steals a tuber of cassava most likely did because of hunger.

Another condition worth mentioning is, the thing stolen must get to a quarter of dinar, a dinar(a coin of pure gold) weighs 4.25 gram as shaykh ibn uthaymeen mentioned, so a quarter of it is 1.0625grams of pure gold, which around 15,000 naira because 1 gram of pure gold is around 14,000 naira.

So Mr man is one tuber of yam equal 5k not talk of 15k?

I'm willing to entertain your criticism of my writings here. But if you become too much of a nuisance, I won't hesitate to deal with you.

I constitute nuisance to you because I called you ignorant? Aren't you ignorant with the above you've said that one tuber of cassava leads to amputation?

You are ignorant, deal with it...
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2018
O Allah! Guide us away from Ignorance and arrogance. Aamin

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by Empiree: 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
usermane:

This is poor submission on your part.
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
Empiree:
This is poor submission on your part

May be so. But the implication of the Hadith is my utimate point. If the likes of Abu Bakr had been guaranteed paradise, the messenger would not have said; "But I do not know what you'll do after me". And Abu Bakr would not have wept.
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by Empiree: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
usermane:

May be so. But the implication of the Hadith is my utimate point. If the likes of Abu Bakr had been guaranteed paradise, the messenger would not have said; "But I do not know what you'll do after me". And Abu Bakr would not have wept.
There is another similar Hadith and there are other ahadith in the contrary. Therefore, the best position in my view is that this hadith is talking about those "companions" at the time of the prophet who later mysteriously so, renounced Islam AFTER the prophet (saw). Or those who waged war on tenets of Islam like Musaylima.

Therefore, we don't call those "companions" of the prophet (saw). They were "companions" only during his time. Perhaps they were not even believers that time too. No one could determine iman. Iman resides in the heart.
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 5:52am On Oct 08, 2018
Empiree:
There is another similar Hadith and there are other ahadith in the contrary. Therefore, the best position in my view is that this hadith is talking about those "companions" at the time of the prophet who later mysteriously so, renounced Islam AFTER the prophet (saw). Or those who waged war on tenets of Islam like Musaylima.

I'm aware there are Hadith in the contrary, but I've convienently cherry-picked this Hadith because it confirms my position on this subject; just as you convienently cherry-pick Hadith that confirms your positions on subjects.

Plus, your interpretation of this Hadith is not straight forward. The messenger's words generalized every companion who lived after his death. It didn't exempt Abu Bakr or Ali or Aisha.

Therefore, we don't call those "companions" of the prophet (saw). They were "companions" only during his time. Perhaps they were not even believers that time too. No one could determine iman. Iman resides in the heart.

Same argument as Abdelkabir. Your fault here is that you do not have an official list of the companions during and after Muhammad's days. So how do you isolate the grains from the chaff?

You also fail to see that some companions may not have not renounced Islam but invariably fell astray in their practising.

Give it up, man. There is no guarantee that any of the companions, remained accurate in Islam till death. The knowledge of their fate is with God alone. It will be careless or complacent to emulate these companions, denying there exist even a slight chance that the companions fell astray, at least in certain aspects.
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by Empiree: 11:48am On Oct 08, 2018
usermane:

I'm aware there are Hadith in the contrary, but I've convienently cherry-picked this Hadith because it confirms my position on this subject; just as you convienently cherry-pick Hadith that confirms your positions on subjects.

Plus, your interpretation of this Hadith is not straight forward. The messenger's words generalized every companion who lived after his death. It didn't exempt Abu Bakr or Ali or Aisha.
then you are in the wrong because the prophet even singled out kulafah rashidun and those who follow them

Same argument as Abdelkabir. Your fault here is that you do not have an official list of the companions during and after Muhammad's days. So how do you isolate the grains from the chaff?
why is a list needed when history already tells us positions of them?.

You also fail to see that some companions may not have not renounced Islam but invariably fell astray in their practising.
Astray in what sense?. Tenets of Islam or other voluntary practices?. No companions of the prophet (saw) go against obligatory practices as taught them till today. The one who tried to deviated was dealt with. So what do you mean by "astray"?

Give it up, man. There is no guarantee that any of the companions, remained accurate in Islam till death.
onus is on you to be specific on what part of Islam they failed to hold on to.
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2018
Obedience - To God Alone

Obedience to God, goes without saying. But under monotheism, can any other being be obeyed in the religion? We can learn from history:

Before Muhammad, Arabs believe in 'Allah' - God. The Qur'anic evidence include;

29:63 And if you ask them: "Who sends down water from the sky, thus reviving the land after its death?" They will say: "God." Say: "Praise be to God." But most of them do not comprehend.

29:65 When they ride on a ship, they call on God, devoting the system to Him. But as soon as He saves them to the shore, they set up partners.

Continue Below
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2018
Then aside from God, the Arabs believed in other beings, as authority for religious decrees, confirmed here;

42:21 Or do they have partners who decree for them a sharia(laws) which has not been authorized by God? And if it were not for the word already given, they would have been judged immediately. Indeed, the transgressors will have a painful retribution.

Here, God condemned the Arabs for holding religious decrees emanating from other beings. God denounces this as associating partners with Him.

Continue Below

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
Apparently, anyone upholding religious decrees from other than God is associating partner with God. The partner here being the source of decrees - saints, jurists, messengers; Muhammad, Jesus, Moses.
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by Empiree: 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2018
^^^

That means secular laws that you clamour for are tantamount to setting partner with God, right?
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2018
Obey God & Obey the messenger

As obeying any other being other than God implies associating partners with God, even the messenger of cannot be obeyed, unless he is re-stating what God has stated in the scriptures; Qur'an, Injeel, Torah.

Unfortunately, some Muslims are duped into violating monotheism by flawed interpretation of the Qur'anic phrase; "Obey God and obey the messenger". 'Obey the messenger' mean Obey God. But how? In that case, isn't the preceding phrase, "Obey God" enough? Why repetition?

Continue Below

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 11:27am On Oct 18, 2018
Because the pre-Islamic Arabs believed in God and claimed to obey Him, "Obey God" won't suffice to turn them to the Qur'an. They'll just scoff, "Ha? We already obey Him". But the addition of "Obey the messenger specifies to them that obedience to God comes through Obeying the messenger.

Thus, "Obey the messenger" is no indication that the messenger can decree in Islam just as God can. Only God decrees in Islam, & as showned in the below verse, God never share His power to legislate, command or decree in Islam with even His messengers.

Continue Below

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by tintingz(m): 11:54am On Oct 18, 2018
AbdelKabir:
Your problem is compound ignorance.

I want to explain this verse for those who are sincerely looking for a right explanation for it..

Majority believe in Allaah i.e they believe that he is the creator, the sustainer, the controller of affairs, in short they believe in his lordship and don't associate partners with him there.

But still are polytheist i.e They associate partners with him in his worship, they give worship to other things even though they strongly believe Allaah owns lordship.

So whatever argument the op of this thread wants to build on his false interpretation is rendered useless...
Who are the majority that believe in Allah?
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by usermane(m): 11:57am On Oct 18, 2018
Qur'an: 18:26

Say, "God is most knowing of how long they remained. He has [knowledge of] the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth. How Seeing is He and how Hearing! They have not besides Him any protector, and He shares not His legislation(huk'minhi) with anyone."

God, thus does not share his power to legislate or decree in Islam with even his messengers. The only role of the messenger(s) is delivering the scripture/Qur'an(Qur'an 5:99), no authority to decree or legislate is accorded to them.

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
tintingz:
Who are the majority that believe in Allah?

Pls get out of my mention...

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by tintingz(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Pls get out of my mention...

The devil want to play with you, why you dey vex?. cheesy
Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2018
tintingz:

The devil want to play with you, why you dey vex?. cheesy

"Wants"

Learn your tenses properly

Like I said get out of my mention....

1 Like

Re: Muslim: Monotheist Vs Anti-monotheist by tintingz(m): 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2018
AbdelKabir:

"Wants"

Learn your tenses properly

Like I said get out of my mention....
Lol, is this kind of English lesson?

I asked simple question, you're resulting to non sequitur and red herring fallacy. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does The Zihaar Or Talaaq Of One Who Is Angry Count As Such? / Guslu Janabah And Haela / Islamic State (ISIS) Declares War On Hamas And The Muslim Brotherhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.